Chapter 17

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] LOVE SCENARIO

It's been a few days since I've last heard from the brunette. After the day she ran away, she didn't bother to contact me once. I called her multiple times but she never picked up and one time I called her again, the voice recorder said that I was an inexistent number, or it wasn't used anymore. After that day, I asked myself what I did that hurt her so much; what I did to have her leave me like this, without even saying goodbye. Everyday, I went to school, waiting by her locker and hoping that she would show up, but she never did. A day became 3 and 3 became a week. It's been a week since she's gone missing, I've even considered reporting her absence to the police but I know it's not something she would've wanted.

I slumped on the plastic chair that sat at the back of the classroom. Rose looked at me and began to my head.

"Look, she'll come back. Don't worry," she reassured, hiding a smirk underneath the hair that fell in front of her face.

I rolled my eyes, "How are you so sure about that? And how come you like her now?"

Rose shrugged as she closed her notebook, giving me her full attention. "Jennie had ups and downs, yes, but she's also the one who made me realize who I was falling for."

I frowned at her in a perplexed manner, "What do you mean?"

"Jennie and I talked during vocals block. At first, I ignored her most of the time but her persistence eventually paid off. I didn't tell Lisa that we were talking again because I knew she would've been angry at me. But anyways, it was Jennie who made me accept who I am, which was the first step to falling in love with Lisa." She whispered as she explained her story.

I crossed my arms continuing to display a confused expression, "Why can't you just tell Lisa?"

"I tried but every time I mentioned Jennie's name she would immediately get angry," The red-haired girl explained. She stared at me intently as if she was trying to request a favour.

"What?" I ask absorbing the awkwardness that was being emitted through the stare.

"Talk to her for me Jisoo, she cant get mad at you cause she hasn't known you for that long. If you can rebuild Jennie and Lisa's friendship, then this increases the probability of us having double dates."

I shift my head forward at her last sentence, somewhat giving her a "what-the-" motion. "What makes you think I even like her like that?" I inquired, trying to dissuade her from her thoughts about my feelings toward Jennie.

She shrugged and smirked, "I don't know."

Why does everyone respond to me like this?! I rolled my eyes and stared out the window, pondering about my decision to help. "I'll see what I can do," I say trying to keep a collected and chic image. I didn't see it but I could hear Rose's giggles as she grabbed onto my arm, "Thank you unnie!" She whispered as she continued to write in her notebook.

"I'll only do it if you help me find Jennie first!" I commanded. She nodded in agreement.

"It's not that hard, I saw her earlier as I went to the washroom. She was wearing her uniform but her facial features were completely distorted; her dark circles as black as a raccoon's, her pale skin as white as a ghost and she just didn't look happy at all. What did you do to her unnie?"

I shot up and ran out the door. "Jisoo! Where are you going?!" The teacher yelled. Rose managed to pull him back, whispering something to him to calm him down. It's probably one of her bs lies again that will make my professors think I'm the most disgusting student they've ever had. It didn't matter, because the only thought I had in my mind was about the ill girl who needs my help.

I ran down the hallway, looking through every classroom I passed. Where do you think she'd be Jisoo? That day, remember that first day when you met each other. Where did she take you? Upon recalling my memories, I immediately ran out of the school and down the street. Memories of Jennie clasping onto my wrist as she took me to that special place repeated over and over again. The stands and stores I passed, they came back as I drew nearer to that special place. I was so stupid, why didn't I go there first?

I rest my hands on my knees, inhaling and exhaling deep breaths as I refrained myself from passing out. I sat on a heightened concrete block that lined the floor entrance of a mall. I sat there, staring at the same scenery that Jennie and I looked at. It was this place that she said she'd be at when she can't handle life. I'm here right now but I can't see her anywhere around. I waited for a few more minutes and got up to walk back to school.

"It's still pretty right?" A female voice let out. Upon hearing her voice, water begins to form at the brim of my eyes, a sting rises in my chest and soon I began to sob. I didn't turn to face her because I knew it would hurt too much to see her beautiful face depressed. She grabbed my wrist tightly and sat me back down on the concrete block. She smiled after catching a view of my face, why is she so happy seeing me sad? I'm hurting because she's hurting.

"Im happy because I know you can be happy," she let out as if she read my curious thoughts. I gripped onto the arm she rest on my lap and looked into her eyes. They were sincerely happy at that moment, she was happy now. I cried even more, knowing that she was happy now when she deserves to be happy every second of each day.

"You can be happy too. I can make you happy." I mumbled, tears entering the corners of my mouth. She brought up a thumb to my cheek and wiped every teardrop that rode down my face. The brunette smiled as I continued to cry. I don't want her to be sad, I want to bring her all the happiness that I can.

She let me sob for a few more minutes, consoling me as she did so. After I calmed myself down, laid my head on her shoulder, watching the flock of people pass by the beautiful scenery bestowed upon them. It was only us who took time to admire it, who took time to keep ourselves in the moment. I held her hand, intertwining my fingers with hers, gripping onto it so tight that I could've almost broken it.

"My uncle...he passed away," She disclosed as we never let our view stray from the billboard on the building. "He had a heart attack, and now I'm living in a foster home."

I fought back the tears that were about to come out again. I sniffled hoping to distract myself from the severe sadness I was hearing. "It'll get better. I promise," was all I could say. How could I promise something I had no control of? She didn't say anything and just let out a light giggle.

"It's already better now that I'm with you."

She turned towards me and left a kiss on my forehead. I wanted more but I knew this wasn't the right time, nor could I even assure that I would receive one. We sat there in silence, not moving, not feeling anything because we didn't know how to feel about the situation. Did we really know if it would get better? We sat there until darkness took over the bright sky.

"You can come sleepover at my house anytime."  I joked but my intentions were serious.

She finally laughed. It was the sound that I've waited for for a whole week now. "That sounds lovely, thanks for the invite." She said.

Ding!

"Unnie, I don't know where you went but I got your stuff!

I can bring it tmrw or you can come pick it up if you want."

Rose's text message sent.

"Thanks Rose! Keep it with you, I'll get it tmrw." I replied.

"Ok unnie! Get better and cheer up!" Another text message followed.

I smiled and shut off my phone. I couldn't be happy right now when Jennie needs me. The younger brunette shifted and stood up. She faced me and held my hand as I stared up at her chocolate-coloured eyes.

"I won't leave anymore. But I need to go back to the foster home, it's almost time for my curfew." She shared as she unwillingly let go of my hand, but I gripped on tighter.

I nodded. It's not like I had a choice to make her stay. So we walked back together to her foster home. Our hands linked and swayed as we made our way there. Eventually, our feet stopped in front of a 3 story building with bars on the windows and lights turned off at each room. I stood in front of her, not letting go of her hand. She looked down in her lips as begins to tremble and soon you could hear being produced. I pulled her into a hug, cradling her head inside of my arms.

"Look, first thing tomorrow I'll be here, waiting for you. I'll be the first person you see leaving this place and the last person you see before going into it. I don't know if that makes you feel any better but I'll be here is all you need to know."

Her shoulders begin to jump as her sobs grew louder. Her hands gripped onto my sides and I could sense the pain she was feeling then; she felt guilty, burdened and undeserving.

I won't leave you. Not now or ever.

A/N: Cant promise that there won't be anymore sad chapters but like the next one is definitely not going to be...I hope.