Chapter 24

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] LOVE SCENARIO

The day after, things between Jennie and I became somewhat awkward. In previous instances, we didn't really allow such things to affect our friendship, but this time it was different and I didn't like it. Was it a bad idea for me to kiss her? It didn't seem like she minded it either so why was she distancing herself from me?

I grumbled in the wooden chair that shifted every so often. Rose looked at me with sympathetic eyes as she sighed in disappointment.

"So you guys kissed and now you're not talking?" She asked while she dropped her head in the crook of her arms.

I nodded and sighed, crossing my arms as I try to balance my chair with its two hind legs.

"Unnie it's fine...I mean if you think about it, the fact that it bothers her as well means that she's not the only one who cares," the younger girl consoled.

My lips close in wonder, nodding at what she said. Her statement put my worries at ease but the situation remains unchanged—the girl wasn't talking to me.

"You're right Chaeyoung, but still how can I make this whole situation less awkward. I hate it, it annoys me," I ranted.

The red-haired girl shrugged, "Maybe you should teach her the new song we made. Wink wink," she teased as she winked and nudged my side causing me to break a smile.

"Really?" I asked in an earnest tone.

The other girl bobbed her head as she presented a thumbs up in front of my face, "I mean I did make that song for you and your feelings, so what better way could you think of confessing than through a song?"

I sigh, nervousness crawling up my body at the thought of singing in front of her.

"Ok fine whatever," I succumb to her argumentative request.

——
During lunch, I walked out of my classroom in search of a certain brunette in the hallways. As usual, she stood by her locker but it seemed that she was troubled by her faltering eyes. My eyebrows scrunch at her anxious state and decided to walk up to her.

I stood behind her as she buried her head inside of her locker. I tapped her shoulder to catch her attention, "Hey...are you okay?" I asked.

The girl jumped at my contact and held her arms against her chest to form an "X." She hastily nodded and slammed her locker door shut, immediately running away from me.

"Jennie!" I called out as I quickened my pace to catch up to her.

I took hold of her slim wrist and gripped onto it tightly. She stopped but refused to face me.

"Jennie...is there something I did wrong?" I ask.

She shook her head, still not facing me.

"Look I'm sorry for whatever it is I did but can you meet me after school later? We umm...we have to learn the new song Rose and I made."

The silent brunette nodded and forcibly pulled her arm out of my grasp, continuing to walk away from me. I admit it did hurt quite a lot, but it wasn't in my control to forcefully make her talk to me; all I can do is watch.

——
Before I knew it, the end of the school day has come and so has my judgement day.

I carried my heavy body across the schoolyard, my heart thumping each step that I took. I propped myself and my instruments on a bench table underneath a tree, somewhat in the middle of the field. I was frightened to say the least but was at ease at the thought of divulging my feelings. 

I glanced at my wrist watch--2:40, it's been ten minutes since school has ended and yet the girl remains nowhere to be found. I began to become anxious so I picked up the guitar beside me and carried it on my lap, strumming the strings in a repeated pattern. 

"If you kiss me once, I'll kiss you twice...If you're rudely forward then no no..When our eyes meet we laugh haha hehe hoho...Because of you, my lonely yesterdays are no more," I hummed to myself, unconsciously singing towards a person in front of me.

I lifted my head to see the anticipated girl clutching her book bag before me. She smiled at me, her soft eyes gazing at mine. By then, my heart was about to jump out of my chest, I couldn't stand a rejection from a delicate, kind and sweet girl like herself. 

She sat beside me, the soft grin still remaining on her face. "H-Hi..." I managed to utter.

"Hi," She replied. "So what did you want to meet me for?" 

I was surprised by her sudden change of behavior; just awhile ago she was scared or frightened of me but now she was actually willing to talk to me. But right now that didn't matter, as long as she was listening to me, I'm fine.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about us," I began, the statement slightly making her uncomfortable. "Look, I won't talk, just listen." 

I turned to face her, setting myself for comfort before I began playing the instrument. My fingers felt rusty despite having practiced the song numerous times. I was nervous, I felt that my voice would crack if I even tried singing, but I have to get it out of me some time.

She nodded as I strummed the strings. I met her eyes a couple of times but never stared at them for too long or else I'd lose my focus and I couldn't embarrass myself further than I am now. She swayed side to side as she listened to my introduction, trying to reassure me that I'll do well. It comforted me and as it did, I finally began to relay my feelings.

If you really really love me, tell me
That you can't go without a day without me really really
That you want me so much that you obsess over me really  

Her eyebrows raised at the first few lines of the song.

Tell me that you'd even pluck the stars in the sky for me
There's not much time, be good to me when I'm there
Tell me you feel nothing when you see other girls
Sometimes I want a lie that's not like a lie  

She nodded as her eyes began to glisten under the sunlight. I cracked a smile after seeing her eyes water but continued to play the song.

The women around you are nobody
Stop keeping them around you and cut them out of your life
You're gonna end up coming to me anyway
Better act like you know what
Better act like you know what  

The brunette giggled and bobbed her head as she listened.

Want a romance like the old times
Want to slow dance when it's show time
Just me and you, and that slow jam that we both like
That playlist, my favorite, so play it, but baby
F a love song I need you to say it say it  

I stopped playing, intensely staring at her as I awaited her answer. She looked troubled, looking side to side like she was trying to find an answer. She slightly winced before cupping my face and pulling me in for a kiss. I smiled into the kiss, holding onto her neck as I gripped tighter onto the fretboard of the guitar. This kiss was different from the other kisses, it was sweet, reassuring and full of love. I can't say that I was 100% confident that she had already answered me, I just needed her to say it. And once we pulled back, resting on each other's forehead, she beamed and gazed into my eyes.

"I love you, I'm yours." She mumbled before giving me another kiss. 

I couldn't help but smile at her words. I dropped my guitar softly on the floor before picking her up and throwing her onto the grass, where she laid on top of me. 

"I love you too Jennie Kim."

A/N: Holy crap, this has got to be one of the hardest chapters to write because I literally do not even know what to write. I got no influences T.T but hey our girlies are no.1 in the GG Brand Ranking! Woooo! Still sad that DDDD promotions are over though.