chapter 2

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina watched these videos of this girl flawlessly dancing to K-Pop songs on YouTube. She was a unique dancer who never showed her face and always wore masks to cover her face in the videos, making Mina even more intrigued on who the person was. Well, whoever it was, Mina thought they had a really nice body. The dancer would usually wear a crop top and some sweatpants, yet they still looked attractive whereas Mina probably looks the opposite. 

 

Mina was also a dancer, particularly a ballerina. She has received a scholarship from the University of Seoul for ballet and ever since she was little, she always dreamed of becoming a professional ballerina who leaped across millions of stages in different countries. 

 

She felt her driver’s eyes on her through the rear-view mirror. “Miss Myoui, your departure will be in approximately six days. Have you readied your things?” He asked, making sure the girl was prepared and Mina giggled at him.

 

“Don’t worry, Wellington.” The man was always a father-figure to her. “I will make sure to pack as soon as we get home.” She assured the driver who smiled in content. Mina hated to admit but she was stinking rich, yet she chose to live in a guest house with a bunch of strangers instead of buying a new home in Korea. Both her parents are doctors who own hospitals in Japan and sometimes the girl wonders on how she ended up so differently from her parents. As soon as Mina sets foot in Seoul, she doesn’t want to even talk about her wealth or her family background. She just wants to dance with one of the best universities in Korea. 

 

—— 

 

[JYP’s LOG] 

6.25.18 

 

It has been one week since Tzuyu, Dahyun and Sana have arrived at the guest house. It has been both chaotic and enjoyable. I have learned that Tzuyu can be an absolutely cold person, witnessing the conversations she’s had with Sana whom she has gotten along well with in the Park Residence. However, she is very bipolar as well. She could be cold for one hour but the next, she’s laughing at the dinner table, making fun of something with Jeongyeon. She is the new maknae of the guest house so I will have to take care of her well! Dahyun is only a year older than Tzuyu but has done amazing things. I hate to be biased but Dahyun is my favourite as she is the point guard who plays on the Seoul University’s Basketball team and is also the captain. I envy that girl, she has experienced games and positions that I never got to play in my career. I treat her like my second daughter, which by the way is actually annoying my real daughter, Jihyo, who I believe is very jealous of the girl and the affection I give to her. But how could you not be jealous, Kim Dahyun is practically perfect! Lastly, there is Sana who is always bright till the morning and day. I don’t know how a kind person like her, can hang around a cold person like Tzuyu. I always seem to forget that the girl is a Maths major because of how clumsy she is. She’s always falling down the damn stairs. Anyways, the new guests are doing fine. It’s the others that I’m worried about. Chaeyoung looks like she wants to kill someone and barely talks, practically turning into Momo. Jihyo always wants to kill someone, however, she’s more cranky than usual. Jeongyeon has been distancing herself from others and has lately been going to school earlier than expected. Nayeon is getting more stressed because of her CO-OP and Momo… Well, Momo is our little angel who will always stay the same. It seems that she’s taken a liking for Tzuyu and Sana, considering she always walks with them when she goes to work. 

 

“THERE’S A FIRE, AHJUSSI!” Dahyun yelled out from the kitchen and he stopped writing in his log journal, only to sigh to himself. He then quickly scratches the words in his journal. 

 

I believe Sana just attempted to make Korean Pancakes and is now burning down my kitchen. I never thought I would be at the point where I’m taking care of eight girls all by myself. Oh, how I wished my wife was here.  

 

JYP shuts his journal, placing his pencil in a cup filled with other pencils and runs to the kitchen only to see Sana trying to fan the fire away in the pot. “Sana!” He yelled out her name in a scolding tone and quickly grabbed the pan from her hand and dumped it in the sink, turning on the water. Dahyun sighed in relief at the sight of water extinguishing the fire as JYP sternly looked at them both. 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you, Sana-ssi?” He asked in a knowing voice and Sana looks down ashamed. 

 

“Only touch the microwave.” She murmured the exact words JYP has been telling her for the past week. JYP nods in satisfaction, petting Sana’s head and then left the room, not even scolding Dahyun. 

 

“WAIT AHJUSSI, WHAT ABOUT DAHYUN?” Sana asked in disbelief that the girl didn’t get a scolding. Dahyun sticks her tongue out at her and even does a little dance. 

 

She heard his voice from upstairs. “WHAT ABOUT HER?” He asked innocently, not knowing what the girl was asking about his favourite guest and Sana loudly groaned as Nayeon does the same. 

 

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Sana asked in concern as she took a seat across the girl and Dahyun stared in fear at the pan that was on fire, little flash-backs of Sana almost burning the kitchen haunted her. Nayeon buried her hands in her own hair and looked at the girl with dead eyes. Lately, the guests have been making progress by talking about each other’s days or noticing when a person is not feeling well. 

 

“My CO-OP is literally killing me.” She stopped to rub her eyes. “Never be a med student in your life, Sana.” The girl informed her with “life-changing” advice and Nayeon then looks at Dahyun, snapping her out of her weird state. 

 

“Dahyun-ssi, don’t you have that practice to attend?” The girl asked with a raised eyebrow and Dahyun suddenly looks surprised as she checks the time. 

 

“Oh my god, thank you Nayeon!” She exclaimed with a rushed tone as she ran out of the kitchen, almost bumping into Jeongyeon who manages to painfully squeeze her cheek as a farewell to the basketball player. Jeongyeon grins to herself, she’s been torturing Dahyun like this for the past week since the girl had the audacity to hit on her from the first glance. She then looks at her best friend. 

 

“Yah.” Jeongyeon called out with no respect, shocking Sana who silently watched the two. The girl thought Jeongyeon would be out since that’s what she usually does nowadays. “Let’s go.” She commanded her without explaining anything and Nayeon was even more confused. 

 

She tilts her head at the girl. “Go where? I didn’t know we made plans.” The girl questioned and Jeongyeon lets out a long sigh, slightly getting frustrated.

 

“I’m trying to surprise you, okay!?” The girl dramatically says before leaving the room, waiting for Nayeon to step outside the guest-house. Sana looks at Nayeon with eyes filled with shock and squealed at the girl. 

 

“Looks like you two are going on a date!” She teased with raised eyebrows, making Nayeon shake her head in disagreement, a blush forming on her cheeks. 

 

She gives Sana a knowing look. “It’s not like that.” She tried to explain in a shy voice but Sana hovers above the table to place her index finger on Nayeon’s lips. 

 

Nayeon immediately quiets as she looked down at the finger on her lips and Sana grins at her. “We’ll talk about this later, you need to go. You shouldn’t make your lady wait.” She waves her hands off, gesturing for Nayeon to hurry out of the guest-house. 

 

Meanwhile, Dahyun was rushing down the street from their guest-house with her athletic bag, slung around her shoulders and saw Chaeyoung getting into a taxi. She lets out a smile of relief as she stopped running and called out her name. “Chaeyoung!” She repeatedly yelled out, hoping that the girl would stop the taxi for her but Chaeyoung shoots her a glare as she slammed the door, telling the driver to go. 

 

“Is that your friend, miss?” He looks back at the pale girl who was now sprinting towards the car. The driver didn’t want to start the car just yet. “Don’t you want to wait for her?” He asked with slight confusion but Chaeyoung crosses her arms, looking straight-ahead. 

 

“Just start the car.” She spat out in a cold tone, making the driver shiver as he obliged with her. Dahyun heard the sound of the engine starting and banged on the glass windows, pleading for the driver to stop the car. 

 

Chaeyoung looks at the basketball player with an unreadable expression as the driver looks back at Chaeyoung. “Are you sure you want to leave without her?” He asked again for assurance, feeling bad for the other girl. Chaeyoung huffs as she rolled down her window that Dahyun was banging her fists on and spat out. 

 

“What in the world are you doing, Dahyun?” She coldly asked and Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows as she clasped her hands in mercy. 

 

Dahyun bent down to show that she was being serious about this. “I’m going to be late for my practice. Please, Chaeyoung. Let me grab a ride.” The girl begged with puppy eyes and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she looked at the driver who was also mirroring the same look as Dahyun.

 

Chaeyoung lets out a frustrated sigh as she unlocked the car door and opened it for the latter. “Fine.” She mumbled as Dahyun silently did a happy dance in her head and cooly took a seat beside Chaeyoung, placing her bag between her legs. Chaeyoung tells for the driver to go the university since she knew Dahyun practiced there, making the latter smile to herself at the thought that Chaeyoung remembered. The music major grimaces at the smell from the athletic bag and looked at the latter. 

 

“You need to wash your bag. It smells disgusting.” She says with no empathy and Dahyun slightly frowns at her.

 

“Why are you so cold nowadays?” Dahyun asked, resulting in Chaeyoung to frown to herself. “I even heard your unnies in the guest-house say that you’ve changed since Sana, Tzuyu and I have arrived.” The girl looks out through the window, not wanting to see Chaeyoung’s reaction as she asked. “It is because of me?” She carefully asked and Chaeyoung took a sharp breath. 

 

“Why does everything revolve around you?” She asked with a slightly jealous tone. “Dahyun this. Dahyun that. You’re everywhere in my life and I don’t like that.” She confessed in a stern tone, crossing her arms as she mumbled to herself. “I thought you would be gone when you left me.” Chaeyoung thought the latter didn’t hear this, however, she did but chose not to say anything about it. 

 

“They’re not my unnies.” Chaeyoung suddenly spoke out, making Dahyun look at her in confusion. “They’re my sunbaes, except for Momo.” The latter looks at her again in utter confusion. 

 

“Then… What is Momo to you?” Dahyun asked with curiosity and slight jealousy. She still cared about the girl. 

 

Chaeyoung gulped as she felt Dahyun intensely staring at her. “Momo is just a friend who I can relate to…” She quietly whispered and Dahyun slowly nods, preparing to ask another question she has wanted to ask the girl since she arrived at the guest-house. 

 

“What is Jihyo to you?” She asked in a firm tone, silently preparing herself for the truth. She has seen Jihyo treat the girl with love and care, Chaeyoung was the only girl who could calm Jihyo. Chaeyoung looks at Dahyun with an unreadable expression and then looks out through the window to suddenly see Jihyo and Momo walk together as Jihyo chitter chattered for as long as she could with Momo who was deemed as the best listener and ate the ice cream the latter bought for her. 

 

Chaeyoung frowns at the sight, feeling her heart ache and then looked down at her hands that were unconsciously fiddling with each other. “She’s just a friend too.” She muttered under her breath, wanting for Dahyun to stop speaking of the topic and the latter realizes the weird behaviour as she let out a short sigh and went back to looking at the scenery of Seoul’s streets. 

 

Jihyo was angry. It was official, she hated Kim Dahyun. You don’t think she saw that stupid basketball player run like a fool to Chaeyoung and got even more angrier when Chaeyoung allowed for her to get in the taxi. She was practically fuming and decided to buy Momo ice cream to talk about her feelings since she trusted that Momo wouldn’t say anything about it to the others. 

 

“First, she comes and swoons my father.” She gritted her teeth as Momo took a bite out of her ice cream with wide eyes. “Then, she makes friends with all of the guests including you, Momo!” She shouted out in an offended tone as Momo raises her hands up in defeat. She couldn’t help it, Dahyun was being nice to her for the past week by giving her the leftovers of food that she would bring home from practice. 

 

“Now, she’s with her!” Jihyo huffed out in frustration, clenching her fist as Momo carefully patted her back, not knowing how to comfort the girl. She always knew Jihyo had a thing for Chaeyoung, but she didn’t think it was this serious. 

 

“Maybe, you should confess your feelings to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter