chapter 3

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I hope you guys can see this ok but this is the seating arrangement cause I just realized that I never really explained it also that missing spot is obviously for our penguin ;) and also the door to the living room is on the top right corner AND BASICALLY IF YOU WATCHED REPLY 1994 THE GUESTHOUSE IS THE SAME LAYOUT AS THAT. i'll try my best to show a picture of that in the next chapter because I don't know how to post more than one of my pictures :D

Dahyun walked in the guest-house with a solemn look on her face and dragged her feet to the kitchen where she could not hear any of the conversations that were happening. Her ears were too muffled to hear anything. The girl was upset. She thought Chaeyoung would give her another chance. 

 

It still stings… 

 

She took a seat where Jihyo usually sat which was beside JYP who sat at the edge of the table but the man kept asking for the basketball player to sit beside him, making his daughter even more ticked off at the girl as she was bumped down to the next seat beside Dahyun. Ever since the arrival of the three guests, the seating arrangement at the dinner table has slightly changed. Sana sits on the other side of Jihyo and Chaeyoung switched with Tzuyu so that she could sit on the same side as the girl she hated so much and not see her annoying face every time she had a meal. Sana was happy with the change since now she sat across of her roommate that she adored. Meanwhile, Momo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon sat in their usual spots. 

 

Dahyun silently grabbed her metal chopsticks that were neatly placed, possibly by JYP and grabbed a piece of meat from the centre of the table. She didn’t dare to look up at the others and ate in silence until JYP who was immersed in a conversation with Jeongyeon, looked at the pale girl only to see a bright red hand mark on her face. 

 

“WHAT THE— “ He shouts out, shocking the other guests except for Chaeyoung who stays quiet. They all look in his direction as he pointed at the girl’s face. 

 

Dahyun continued to look straight ahead, not wanting to meet anyone’s eyes. “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU, KIM DAHYUN!?” He yelled out with an angry tone and Dahyun remained silently, suddenly being interested at staring at the clock. 

 

JYP furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance and with force, turned Dahyun’s head to make it face the guests at the dinner table, making them gasp at the horrid sight. Even Jihyo who hated the girl so much was starting to be concerned for her. 

 

“DO YOU LIKE TO PICK FIGHTS WITH OTHERS, HUH?” He asked with anger mixed with disappointment and his hand still grabbing the girl’s face. Dahyun closed her eyes to control the overwhelming emotions and Chaeyoung quickly looks at her to see that the mark has gotten worse, making her quietly gasp. Maybe Chaeyoung went too far. 

 

Nayeon carefully pulls the man’s hand away from Dahyun’s face and stepped up from her seat to walk over to the basketball player’s spot. “We should tend that…” She quietly whispered and Dahyun looks at her with cold eyes as she slowly nodded at her. They both walked away from the room and none of the others talked. 

 

JYP grunts in frustration. “Who would do this to her!?” He grumbled in disbelief and Momo frowned at the thought of someone who is willingly to hurt Dahyun. Jihyo also thinks the exact thoughts as Momo and starts to feel pity, forgetting that she hated the girl. The man banged the table with his fists and abruptly stands up. 

 

“I’m going to my room.” He announced before stomping away, clearly upset that someone has hurt one of his guests. The room was silent again. 

 

Jeongyeon cleared , wanting to break the awkward silence. “That was… Crazy.” She voiced out her thoughts and the others nodded at her. 

 

“Who would hurt her?” Sana recited JYP’s question in a faint whisper, clearly confused since she knew Dahyun was a star basketball player who is loved among the students at the university. 

 

Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders, unsure if she wanted to be involved in this kind of business. She hardly knew the girl. “I don’t know…” She answered Sana’s question with an honest tone as she played with her rice, feeling the seriousness of the situation. 

 

Chaeyoung gulped to herself and Momo quickly glances at her with a slight raised eyebrow, and the girl thought she was caught for sure. However, Momo goes back to looking at Jihyo who started to speak, making the guilty musician sigh in relief. 

 

“It’s only right if we find the culprit.” The mature girl stated, making Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows in shock. 

 

Jihyo wants to find the culprit!? 

 

The other guests nodded at her, agreeing with the idea. “We can confront them and teach them a lesson.” Jeongyeon says with a stern look, shocking Chaeyoung even more. 

 

They’ve only known Dahyun for a couple of days and this is what happens!? 

 

“You mess with one of us, you mess with the rest of us.” Jihyo slightly smirked at what she says and Jeongyeon mirrored the same expression, while Chaeyoung silently panicked to herself. 

 

This is not good… 

 

Meanwhile in the bathroom where Nayeon was tending Dahyun’s cheek who refused to say anything. “Y’know I’d rather not have you glare at me through the bathroom mirror.” Nayeon spoke in a firm tone and Dahyun rolled her eyes, not bothering to talk. 

 

Nayeon placed the swab that had ointment on it, just in case the girl didn’t like her using her own hands and she flinched at the contact. “It still stings, doesn’t it?” The med student muttered to the girl, earning a slight nod from her as Dahyun kept her eyes on the bathroom mirror, watching Nayeon carefully tend to her cheek. 

 

The older girl sighs at her. “I guess you aren’t as perfect as I thought you were.” She softly mumbled her thoughts on the star basketball player, realizing that Dahyun was like them and handed the girl an ice pack for her cheek before leaving the bathroom.  

 

Dahyun heard the door shut and stared at her face in the mirror. She looked at the red mark that swelled down and started to disappear, she then gently applies the ice pack against her cheek. 

 

“There are many things you don’t know about me, unnie.” She whispered out to herself in the most quietest voice before breaking down in the bathroom, making sure to stay silent as she muffled her sobs with the ice pack. 

 

—— 

 

[JYP’s LOG]

6.26.18 

 

It has only been one day since I last wrote in this but I’m angry. I’m upset. I can’t believe Dahyun allowed for someone to hurt her like that. It seems that the other girls don’t know who would do this or maybe they’re just really great actors who are lying behind my back. Whatever happened to Dahyun, I hope she solves this soon because she’s no longer talking to me and it breaks my heart to see the girl who always showed a smile, was no longer even showing any emotion. Breakfast was hard enough, considering everyone was very quiet about the shock from last night. 

 

He stopped to look up at his wall and then at his laptop where he was looking over the application of a Japanese woman who will be coming to stay in the guest-house. He decided to change the topic in his journal as a distraction to direct himself away from Dahyun’s situation. 

 

Another girl from Japan. This might be the most diverse this guest-house will ever get since we’re now reaching our capacity. However… I’m going to have to ask one of the girls who are in the single guest-room if the new guest can room with them. Who can I ask…? 

 

JYP stopped writing again to tap the end of his pencil against his cheek, thinking of his options. 

 

Dahyun is definitely a no and Jihyo may end up forcing the guest to run away and never come back. 

 

He suddenly smiles to himself when he thought of the last person who has been nothing but absolutely kind to the new guests in the past week. 

 

Hirai Momo is the perfect person to ask. I am sure that sweetheart won’t mind having a roommate. 

 

JYP slammed his journal in satisfaction with his decision and skipped out of the room. Momo didn’t have work for today since the manager of the daycare has given the all of the staff a one-day break, so he knocked on her door, patiently waiting for the girl to open the door. 

 

Momo peeks her head out to see the man widely smiling at her. She raises an eyebrow in suspicion and slightly bowed to greet the man. 

 

“Momo!” He excitedly called out and pushed through the girl to enter in her room without her permission, making the girl furrow her eyebrows in annoyance. He quickly inspects the room, realizing that there was enough space to have another bed be built in the room. 

 

He grinned at the girl who was in utter confusion. “Momo.” JYP says her name again in a sweet voice, making the mentioned girl nod at him with confusion evident on her face. “Another guest will be coming in five days and she’s from Japan. And I was wondering…” He paused before looking at the girl again with his best smile. 

 

Momo took a sharp breath, realizing what was going to happen. “I was wondering if you could let her sleep in here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter