chapter 26

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JB walked towards the mini fridge that sat next to his desk and he looked over his shoulder at the quiet girl. “Want a drink, Chaeyoung?” 

 

“No, it’s okay.” JB stayed quiet for one minute while he grabbed his drink of choice before he gradually felt his concerns of the latter overwhelm him. He was doing his best in keeping quiet, but he thought he needed to do an intervention because the alcohol in his fridge wasn’t going to empty by itself! 

 

“Alright I’ve been asking you that for a whole month now. What’s up with you?” The Son Chaeyoung that Jaebeom knew wouldn’t turn down a free drink. Chaeyoung giggled at her co-worker before she turned her attention back to her laptop that sat comfortably on her lap. She always loved spending time in JB’s studio. Despite the man’s mysterious aura, she thought the place was quite charming in the way that JB had a huge stuffed bear hanging in the corner of the room. 

 

felt parched at the mention of the cooling drink and unknowingly to herself, she gripped her laptop tightly. “I’m just not interested,” She lied with disinterest but the man could see right through her as he quirked his brow at her and finally, she was forced to confess the truth. “I’m trying to stay sober for the guest-mates.” 

 

Jabeom gave her another look of disbelief before he plopped onto the black leather couch, almost making the small girl bounce off due to his heavier weight. “Man, does this have to do with your nasty break up? Because I’m telling you, what you’re going through is a bit extreme.” He opened the tab on his beer can and the satisfying hiss almost made Chaeyoung go crazy. 

 

“No, it’s always been a problem for me. I’ve never been good at handling alcohol.” The guilt immediately washed on JB’s face once he heard that statement and he proceeded to place his can far away from them. He also made a mental reminder that he needed to buy more sodas instead of alcoholic drinks for their mini fridge. 

 

“Well, if that’s the case, then I’m proud that you’ve made it this far.” Chaeyoung snapped her head towards the latter who was acting more friendlier than usual and she tilted her head at him with a proud grin growing on her face. 

 

“Thanks, JB. It’s nice to hear someone other than three annoying Japanese girls congratulate me.”

 

The last three weeks has been a painful game of chicken for herself. The only times where she almost drank was when Yeri offered to go to a wine testing event and she ended up eating all of the cheese, instead of drinking the main highlight of the event. In her defence, Chaeyoung should have never went to the event but the truth was that Yeri didn’t know anything about Chaeyoung’s drinking habits. Although Yeri has known Chaeyoung since high school, she always imagined Chaeyoung as the one who could handle her alcohol intake. Yeri doesn’t know that her best-friend drinks more than she can handle just so she could feel the pain and guilt after it. 

 

A frown appeared on Chaeyoung’s face when she realized that she was deceiving her own best-friend that cared about her so much and she looked over to JB who was now sipping on his lukewarm water instead of his refreshing cold beer. “Although, it’s been hard lately,” She admitted in a soft voice before she closed her laptop. 

 

JB looked at her in concern and he noticed that Chaeyoung’s leg was bouncing up and down as if she was impatient about something. “Do you think I have an addiction?” The question made both of them shocked, Chaeyoung was shocked at her own realization. Meanwhile, Jaebeom was shocked that the girl would ask himself such an absurd question. 

 

“If you had an addiction, you would’ve broken your sober record a week ago.” He admitted in a blunt voice and Chaeyoung was grateful to hear that JB wasn’t the type to hide the truth. She knew she could trust him. Her bouncing leg came to a slow stop as she noticed that the latter had a familiar glint in his eyes. “How about you channel these feelings into a song?” Now, Chaeyoung was absolutely shocked to her core. 

 

“You want me to write something? But you never let me write songs for you?” She knew that JB never released her other ideas due to monthly evaluations that his father always conducted on him. At first, she was disappointed to hear that the latter wasn’t open to hearing them but then, she came to realize that JB was saving her from the mean insults that spewed out of his father’s mouth. 

 

Who cared about JB’s judgemental father? Jaebeom knew that Chaeyoung was incredibly talented and that she had a lot of potential to write the greatest song, especially with his guidance. “Back then, I didn’t think you were ready. But now, I think you are.” They both smiled at each other before Chaeyoung slowly opened her laptop again. 

 

“…I mean I do have something that I could finish on my laptop?” She questioned, still in doubt that this was occurring in the first place and she felt JB slap her shoulder in excitement. 

 

“That’s the spirit!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina liked the attention when it came from her girlfriend and maybe sometimes, ahjussi. But she thought it was (absolutely) not necessary to have a crowd of male students from the Athletic department blocking her way to the studios. “Mina-noona, are you single?” The first desperate man shouted out with his textbook in hand before he was pushed aside by another male student who gave him the side-glare. “Date me, Mina-noona!” That man was then pushed by another person and the chain went on and on. The continuous yells filled Mina’s ears as she thought this chaos was never ending until she felt someone else tap her shoulder. 

 

The ballerina turned around to face the unknown presence and the man smiled at her with a toothy grin. “Allow me,” He stated in a cool manner before he stepped in front of the popular girl and faced the crowd who suddenly quit their pursuing of the ballerina's heart once they saw who was in front of them. “From now on, nobody talks to this girl! Nor even glance at her!” The man’s eyes pierced at everyone who shook in fear until they left the scene and once the two were alone, the man decided to introduce himself to his junior whom was the current talk of the university. 

 

“My name is Yugyeom, I’m a third-year dance major.” Mina was about to introduce herself until she felt someone yank her far away from the kind student. 

 

“Mina, what the hell are you doing with that man!?” The mentioned girl was suddenly faced with a distraught basketball player. Mina could only quirk a brow before she gave the kind student an apologetic glance. Yugyeom nodded his head once in understanding and Dahyun resisted the urge to knock the teeth off of his pretty face with her crutch. 

 

Mina finally answered the latter once they met eyes with each other. “He’s friendly, he even helped me get rid of my attention-seeking fans.” 

 

“Yeah, that’s because he has a criminal record!” Dahyun harshly whispered out to explain the absense of the male students before she glanced over at Yugyeom who had no idea that the two were talking about him. Yugyeom innocently waved at the two and Mina made sure to wave back before Dahyun aggressively slapped her hand away. The basketball player thought that the “criminal” did not deserve an elegant wave from the ballerina. 

 

“Look, you’re new, and I don’t want you to hang around the wrong people.” 

 

“That’s a little harsh, Dahyun-ah,” The older one gave the latter a scolding look and Dahyun pursed her lips again to contain her frustration with the latter. 

 

“Well, yeah that’s because you didn’t see that guy in a— “ She was about to say a “police car” until she figured that was going to be another long story that she would have to explain in the future so instead, she placed her frustrations deep down in a six-foot hole and she finally calmed down.

 

“Mina, I’m going to walk you to the dance studios.” Mina gave her a look daring the latter to move her at all and Dahyun groaned out at the latter before she decided to pull out the big guns. “Or else, I’ll tell Momo that you were interacting with a criminal.” Dahyun made sure to emphasize on the “criminal” and that made latter roll her eyes in annoyance of the protective latter before she turned around to face Yugyeom who was patiently waiting for them to finish their conversation. 

 

“Thank you so much for today, Yugyeom-sunbae. I hope we can see each other again.” Of course, much to the basketball player's dismay, the ballerina was still the nicest person in the world after she spilled the student's reputation. During this interaction, Dahyun was in the background losing her temptation to not throw hands at her guest-mate who was very insistent on being nice to this man. 

 

“The pleasure is all mine, Mina. And there’s no need to be so formal.” 

 

The dance majors shared one last smile and Dahyun rolled her eyes to herself at the manipulative situation that was presented right in front of her. The guy was only playing nice with her guest-mate because Mina had no idea what this man was capable of! However, it's a good thing that an equally annoying person like Kim Dahyun (Cue Dahyun smiling proudly at that statement). Dahyun’s fingers curled in complete annoyance before she glared at the criminal as his first warning and she dragged the ballerina away to the direction of the studios. More importantly, she dragged the latter miles away from Yugyeom. 

 

The sounds of Dahyun’s crutches repeated in a rhythmic pattern that it made Mina realize how far the studios were from them. “Dahyun, are you sure you want to walk me over there?” Mina didn’t want the latter to be late to any of her classes because she had to walk such a long distance with her sprained ankle. 

 

“Anything to get that guy out of the way,” Dahyun grumbled out in ignorance of her ankle as she was still in her protective mode and Mina felt herself quite amused (and quite satisfied) with this Kim Dahyun. 

 

“Since when did you become so protective of your unnie?” The ballerina cooed out with a teasing glint and Dahyun felt her ego skyrocket to the skies as she mumbled under her breath to the latter. 

 

“Don’t tell anyone else, but you and Momo are my favourite guest-mates right now.” She would never confess this to the other guest-mates but she thought the two people needed to hear this from her. After all, they’ve always been nice to her— Well, it was more so of Mina being nice to her the entire time and it was rather questionable if Momo’s intentions were nice or not.

 

“Aww, the Kim Dahyun just called me her favourite guest-mate.” Mina cooed out again and Dahyun glanced at her to confirm that the latter wasn’t the only one that she was complimenting at the moment. 

 

“And Momo,” Dahyun huffed out in annoyance as she adjusted her gym bag that slung over her shoulder. Dahyun thought it was difficult to use one crutch to walk properly and to also hold a huge bag over her other shoulder. 

 

Mina chuckled at the stubborn girl before she ruffled the girl’s ponytail (must to her disliking) and they continued to walk up the stairs that lead to the Dance faculty. For Dahyun’s sake, Mina walked slowly so that the latter could catch up with her, but she didn’t walk too slowly to the extent that it would leave a dent on the latter’s ego. She even offered to carry the latter’s gym bag but Dahyun immediately denied the offer, saying that she had everything under control. 

 

Once they arrived to the studios, Yubin was the first to greet them before she gestured towards the large pile of flowers in the middle of their dance floor. “Those are from your admirers.” She stared directly at Mina and Dahyun walked towards the flowers in awe before she picked up one pink flower to look at the note that was wrapped around by a string. “Mina-noona, do you have a band-aid? Because I scraped my knee falling for you.” Dahyun laughed at the pick-up line that annoyed Mina to the core and Yubin was the next to giggle at the line.

 

The basketball player placed the flower down so she could look at more cheesy pick-up lines and Yubin sighed deeply at the flowers that were taking up half of their space in the studio. “With these flowers, you could open up a shop here on campus.” Once Yubin proposed the idea, she started to smirk at the shop's success that would be inevitable. She gave no doubt that the success rates would equal over one hundred dollars in cash. “And I’ll gladly take 50% of the sales commission.” Mina could only giggle at Yubin's silliness before she softly slapped the latter’s shoulders and she walked over to Dahyun who was kneeling on the floor, still reading some of the humourous lines on the flowers. 

 

“Are you sure that’s good for your ankle?” Mina wondered how the latter was handling with the pain and Dahyun nodded her head as she kept her eyes on the note she was currently reading.

 

“Of course it is,” Dahyun fumbled to get up on her one good leg and she looked up at the latter for help. Mina stared at her with a knowing expression and the latter pouted her lips out in defeat. “Maybe, you’re right.” They took the time to chuckle at each other before Dahyun reached out for Mina’s assistance and she helped Dahyun stand up in her spot. The basketball player took this as her cue to leave and the ballerina wished her luck on going down the stairs that they previously climbed up and the basketball player assured her that the stairs will be no problem since she'll take the elevator in the Design faculty that was beside the Dance faculty. 

 

Once the famous basketball player left the studios, Yubin looked at her hoobae in suspicion before she placed a finger on her chin. “I didn’t you knew were close with the basketball star?” Mina was snapped out of her daze as she glanced over to the latter mindlessly. “We live in the same guest-house.” Yubin thought that made complete sense to why the two seemed cozy with each other before she placed her hand on her hip. “I have something to offer if you’re up for it.” 

 

“Sure,” Mina answered mindlessly before she placed her dance bag on the floor and she started to put her Pointe shoes on. After all, she needed to prepare for today’s assignment— Whatever that was for her since she still was getting into the routine of the program. She learned after her one week here that her teacher liked to give out the most random assignments to the dancers, it would always range from an interpretive dance to a song or to a silent dance where they had to make absolutely no sound at all. The teacher would even penalize them if they made the slightest noise with their toes. 

 

“One of the third-years, Yugyeom, requested for you to be his partner for the winter show.” Each year, the university holds a huge performance to showcase the musical and artistic talent that is blessed to be at their school. All of the majors in the Arts and Music departments come together to make an incredible show that Yubin was proud to say that she had been participating in for the past three years. She was lucky enough to participate in the background of one song in her first-year since the spots to get on the show are very competitive. 

 

All Yubin wanted to do was to give the same luck to Mina since she grew a liking to the girl over the past week. She knew that the latter would be dancing with someone who had a rather risky reputation but once she was reminded that basketball player, Kim Dahyun, was in their studios. She realized that Mina could handle the popular people at their school. 

 

“Oh wow, that sounds amazing!” Mina was lucky to have Yubin as one of her mentors to keep her up to date at their events here at the university and she knew that this offer was a big deal. And since she met Yugyeom earlier, she quickly perceived him as a kind person and the thought of dancing with him sounded fun. However, she also knew that there was certain themes that a male and female dancer would portray in a showcase and a sudden person appeared in her head as she wondered if the offer was really okay for her to accept. “…but I’ll have to consult with my…” Her voice dragged off as her cheeks became tinted with a red hue due to the embarassment of having to ask a certain someone for approval and Yubin quirked a brow in pure confusion that the latter wasn’t accepting the offer immediately. When she was offered this in her first-year, she remembered how she jumped up and down once she accepted the offer three-seconds after her mentor offered it to her. 

 

Mina noticed the odd look and she finished her sentence to explain herself. 


“Girlfriend,” 

 

Yubin pursed her lips in realization as she gently patted the latter’s pointy shoulders to give her the best wishes to that conversation. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina knew her girlfriend would be staying out late at night since the latter stated that Jiwon told her that she spends too much time with herself and not with her actual friends. So after the rather quite harsh words from her girlfriend's co-worker, Mina allowed for her girlfriend to hang out with them for the night. However, she also needed to ask the latter about the winter show. And that’s why she was pacing around the campus, looking like a lost goose as she wondered to herself how she was going to cleverly approach the topic. 

 

When Mina's conscience told herself to just go for it, she tapped on her girlfriend’s name on her phone screen and the phone rang for a few seconds until she heard someone pick up the line. Mina didn’t know how to describe it but when she heard Momo’s voice, her heart started to beat rapidly as she grinned ear to ear when she heard the latter say, "Hello, beautiful". 

 

“Hello, my lovely girlfriend.” Mina cooed out in response with a slight determination that perked at Momo’s ears. 

 

“You sound excited to hear my voice.” Momo quirked a brow out of curiosity of the latter’s intentions and she heard the latter hum back in response while she kept an eye on the kids from the distance. The last time she left Jiwon with the kids, it ended up with two of them crying endlessly.  

 

“Am I not allowed to be excited to hear my girlfriend’s hot voice?” Mina’s voice was sultry at the end of her sentence and that made Momo snigger at her girlfriend’s silly antics. Mina was about to talk again until she heard someone yell at her on the campus. “MINA-NOONA, PLEASE DATE ME!” Mina’s cover was finally blown once she saw the male students piling in to fight each other for whoever was the better one for her and the male student who yelled at her managed to climb out of the pile to walk closer to her. 

 

“, it’s them again!” The sight of her admirers acting like canine wolves fighting for the last bone definitely was not acceptable for Mina's eyes. The sight was rather disrespectable since they were in a public setting and she hated that she had to see it every-time she was on campus. She covered her phone in hopes that her girlfriend didn’t hear her cursings until she heard a familiar voice yell at her through the phone. “Was that a man trying to pursue you!?” Momo swore she heard a deep voice on the phone and Mina silently cursed at her admirer whom looked at her in anticipation of her answer before she ran away to a quiet place. She hoped that her glare was enough to give the latter the message that she was not interested! 

 

Momo tapped her own foot repeatedly to show her impatience and she finally heard her girlfriend respond to her after a few moments of silence. “Trust me it’s not what you think it is.” Mina breathed out in exhaustion of her weekly exercise. She could tell that the daycare worker was prepared to go on tangent once the latter said her whoel name. “Myoui Mina— “ Momo stopped talking once she felt a gentle tug on her baggy jeans and she looked down at the little girl beside her. 

 

“Momo-unnie, Jiwon-unnie is yelling at us again. Can you please come back and play with us?” Yeji tugged on her pants endless times and the daycare worker gave the latter a pleading look to leave her alone since she needed to discuss this matter with her girlfriend right now! “Yeji-ah, unnie needs to talk with her girlfriend.” She whispered softly to the little girl and Yeji tilted her head in deep thought of the mentioned girl. 

 

“You mean the pretty-imo?” Yeji asked in pure innocence, completely unaware of what she just said and Momo had to resist the urge to release an ugly laugh at that question. 

 

“Yah, Momo! Tell the annoying brat that I’m not that old!” Mina snarled out in frustration since she could hear everything on the phone and the last thing she wanted to hear right now was Yeji’s savage comments. Momo glanced down at the little girl with a knowing look and Yeji sighed in defeat when she saw that familiar look. She saw it often whenever the latter was about to scold her so she decided to save herself from the trouble and she went back to the other commotion that was happening in the daycare. 


“Hello Mo?” Mina called out in wonder if her girlfriend was still on the phone or if she was kidnapped by a little Devil. She heard the latter clear in evident annoyance before she stated in a blunt voice. “So let’s get back on that man.” Momo’s jealousy was evident in her voice as her brows furrowed in annoyance. Mina winced quietly at the latter’s tone of voice as her face cringed entirely to reveal that she wasn’t definitely wasn’t prepared for this conversation. “Okay, so I may have not told you about my admirers.” 

 

“Admirers?” Momo repeated her exact word in utter confusion and she felt her rage increase at the thought of her girlfriend being chased by students. 

 

“Um yeah…” Mina’s voice dragged off as she looked around to see that there were people around her staring at her, possibly due to the fact that she just escaped a horde earlier. “The people here seem to have an attraction for me.” She commented with her eyes squinting back at her stalkers in annoyance. The people were immediately imitated by the latter's fiesty eyes as they started to mind their own business and went back to gossiping with other people as per usual.  “Well, you better tell them that you’re taken!” Momo’s jealousy was rising off the charts and she had to shut her lips tightly to allow for the latter to explain herself one more time. Although, Momo was displeased with the new information, she still nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter