chapter 18

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“C’mon, eagle.” Seulgi nudged her arm that held her books as they slowly walked to their next class. “Let’s go to the party! It’ll be our first high school party!” They were both in their second year of high school and still haven’t experienced the whole “high school stereotypes” that you would see in the movies or read in books. The opportunity for them to do so came up when their senior basketball team asked the juniors to come and “stop by”. 

 

Dahyun sighed out loud, contemplating on whether she wanted to go as a support for Seulgi but she really didn’t like blaring music or touching bodies with strangers. “I don’t know, Seul….” She spoke in a hesitant voice and looked down, still thinking about it since this was the tenth time Seulgi has asked today. 

 

She could feel the latter nudge her arm again and looked into Seulgi’s eyes which showed a teasing look. “Chaeyoung will be there~ “ She sang out, obviously knowing victory was on her side when she saw Dahyun furiously blush at the mention of her school-crush. Dahyun first peeked at the first-year student in an art studio where the girl was sitting in front of a canvas, humming along to the music that played loudly from her earbuds. She remembered she had just finished basketball practice and walked by the studio to see such beauty and ever since then she was determined to find the girl’s name so she could hear how beautiful it sounded whenever she whispered it out. 

 

The pale girl rolled her eyes at her best friend and nodded, showing a reluctant smile from her decision that she may regret in the future and that was enough to make Seulgi pump her fist in the air and scream out. 

 

“WE’RE GOING TO THE PARTY WOOOOOOOOOO!” 

 

That was how Dahyun met Chaeyoung, they were both so young and innocent that they practically fell in love at first sight in the party. They stood outside, isolated from the others who were drinking to their heart’s content and there was an awkward silence, both of them not knowing what to say until Dahyun blurted out the subtle question of asking the latter out on a date. Hearts were beaming out of their eyes and they both have never felt so alive in each other’s love until they started to grow up, the basketball player started to get known for her skills and was invited to more and more parties, her popularity rising every day. Chaeyoung remained the same since her freshmen years but she felt lost at times because of her parents always controlling her future. That was until Dahyun would sneak in the house and comfort her by holding her and softly whispering words of encouragement in her ears, telling her that whatever happened she would be there for her.

 

Chaeyoung never minded the times when Dahyun went to parties, she didn’t mind the times when Seulgi had a massive (negative) influence on her ex’s actions but there was a tiny part of her that still tells her to this day that maybe she should’ve stopped the latter from going to one party and maybe they could’ve still been the high school sweethearts that stood strong for all of these years.  

 

——

 

Mina used Momo’s muscular arm as her own pillow as they lied down together after a few minutes of jumping on the bed to put glow in the dark star stickers on the ceiling. They have covered any source of light that was beaming from outside so that the room was completely dark. Mina giggled repeatedly when Momo fished out her phone from her back-pocket and turns on the flashlight to hold a shadow puppet show for the ballerina. 

 

“My father used to always do this with me.” Momo mimicked a dog with her slender hands, reminiscing on the past when she was only five-years-old where there were no worries or struggles. Mina giggled again, softer this time as she snuggled her head against Momo’s chest and they heard a knock on the door, interrupting their time together.

 

“Hey lovebirds.” Sana first greeted, not bothering to wait for the couple and opened the door with a bright smile, light glimpsing in the room. “I hate to be the third-wheel but can you please come with me to the mall?” She begged, obviously this wasn’t her first time asking as she stared at her friends who were grinning in response, stealing glances at each other. 

 

They both sat up on the bed with Mina clinging onto the older girl, their hairs were flat and Mina squeezed the latter’s bicep in her hands. “Why don’t you go with Dahyun-ssi?” Mina asked with a mischevious look and Sana groaned back at her. 

 

Momo gently shoved the ballerina and slightly glared at her. “Mina…” She lowly called out for the mentioned girl to only hear, clearly not liking the idea of Sana and Dahyun hanging out with each other. It wasn’t that she was jealous, of course she wouldn’t be jealous since she has Mina with her but Momo just thinks Dahyun liked Sana a little more than the other guest-mates…  

 

Mina sends back a glare, not understanding the reason why the latter doesn’t like Dahyun. The basketball player hasn’t done anything wrong to any of them or at least that’s what Mina thinks. “What is your problem with her? I thought you two were friends ever since you gave her that umbrella as a peace offering.” She murmured under her breath, ignoring the weird look from Sana. The gifting of the favourite umbrella was all Mina’s idea, it took the ballerina the whole day to nag Momo for not properly saying thank you to the basketball player. 

 

“We are friends but…” Momo paused, not knowing what to say about her opinions on the girl and Sana jumps back in the perfect time, a little annoyed that the couple still hasn’t properly answered her question. She wanted to see if there was this piece of clothing still available from the last time she went to the mall with the other couple of the Park Residence which was JiChaeng. 

 

Mental note, Sana will never go to the mall with them ever again. She can stand being a third-wheel to MiMo but not with them… 

 

Momo started to giggle like crazy when she thought of a genius idea. “Why don’t you go with ahjussi?” She suggested and she covered , now she was cracking up and Mina hugged her tighter as she joined in the laughter fest. 

 

Sana could only squint her eyes in annoyance as she stomped her foot down. “FINE! MAYBE I WILL!” She yelled out in both seriousness and anger before slamming the door and could still hear the couple laughing at her. Sana trudges down the stairs, now unsure of whether if she should actually ask the man of the house if he would like to shop with a female who has the attention span of a goldfish when shopping. 

 

“Sana?” She heard someone calling her from up the stairs and turned to see Dahyun scratching her head as she walked down to be closer to the Maths major, both of them meeting halfway on the stairs. “Are you okay? I heard yelling coming from Mina’s room.” Dahyun asked with concern evident on her face and Sana’s expression softens, forgetting about how angry she was with her Japanese friends. 

 

She meekly nodded and forced a smile on her face. “I’m okay, thank you.” Sana simply answered and slowly tilts her head as an idea popped in her head, remembering what Mina suggested earlier. She wasn’t sure if she was going to regret it or be thankful for it but she still asked anyway. 

 

“Do you want to go to the mall with me?” Sana asked with slight hesitance and Dahyun felt slightly gape at the question as she slowly nodded to accept the offer. They share a smile with each other and Dahyun pointed up to her room to indicate that she needed to change first and Sana nudged her head to say that she would be waiting outside as they shared another smile. 

 

A smile that meant so many things to Dahyun but Sana wasn’t so sure on how to think about it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon felt awkward with Jeongyeon every-time they took a glance at each other and they at least shared over a million of glances because they were trapped in a goddamn resort where they only had five days left until their departure back to Korea, but Nayeon never expected to say that it was a good awkward. 

 

Every glance meant a blush would form on their cheeks. Every word made the other sense how nervous they were in front of each other and every action just made Nayeon go crazy. It takes a lot of will-power to not push the younger girl on the bed and just make out with her but the med student’s intention is to show how much she loves Jeongyeon but if it means that she would need to take it slow, Nayeon will take all of the time they need to make it right. 

 

The two resort workers were accompanying them to brunch and it was all thanks to Jeongyeon who invited them while they made their way to the elevator. The Psychology major wanted to thank the two for bearing it with them for this whole summer, considering she knew that herself and Nayeon can be a handful at times and earned a quiet comment from Cheng Xiao in the elevator, admitting that they were a handful every day. It was obvious Nayeon was a bit mad that the latter had asked them to come since she wanted some alone time with her but she still nonetheless loves Jackson and Cheng Xiao. 

 

The elevator was a bit slow today so they all stood, waiting for their floor to arrive and Jackson is the first to speak out, recognizing the flirty glances between the “paradise couple” and stared at Cheng Xiao as he spoke. “Since you’ll be going back to Korea very soon, I was wondering if you two would like to go around Taiwan again?” He kindly offered, earning satisfied noises from Nayeon and Jeongyeon as they nodded their heads. The first time they went to go tour around Taiwan was during the first week they arrived and of course, the two Koreans argued with each other as the two resort workers who were their tour guides during that day could only apologize to their driver. After that, Jeongyeon and Nayeon occasionally went out in the city for the purposes of going to grocery stores, shopping for clothes and etc. 

 

“We would really like that. Thank you, Jackson.” Nayeon thanked the man with a kind smile and he nudges his head in appreciation. She then looked over to Jeongyeon who silently smiles in response, both of them thinking that they could use a proper trip around Taiwan and could spend more quality time with each other. Cheng Xiao softly groaned out in frustration as she let her arms hang down, having enough of this lovey-dovey stuff she was witnessing with her two eyes. 

 

“Okay, what’s with the eye-ing?” Cheng Xiao interjected, staring at both of them who blushed furiously at the blunt comment. “Did you two do it!?” She yelled out in shock and Jackson places his hand over his chest at the sudden question and the most unbelievable thing he has heard his friend assume in a while. Jeongyeon and Nayeon both look at the ground, their faces getting hot from the thoughts of the intimate activity. 

 

“Cheng!” Jackson accusingly shouted out with wide eyes, silently telling her to stop talking and the girl ignores him. 

 

“I’m being serious, Wang! They’re like a couple that’s on a honeymoon!” She shouts back in an obvious voice and then stood close to the two, knowing that one of them would break if she only said one certain phrase. “Don’t make us get Tzuyu again.” She threatened with a whisper, feeling a smirk form on her face as she watched their bodies tense in fear and Jackson could only groan at his childhood friend. 

 

Why is she like this!?

 

Jackson slapped his own forehead and Nayeon shook her head at Cheng Xiao. “You wouldn’t dare.” The two wanted to last for the next five days without being teased by their youngest guest-mate. And ever since the waffle incident, they were scared of the possibility of seeing Tzuyu act like that again. 

 

A smug look appeared on the female worker’s face as she slides out her phone from her handbag, already on Tzuyu’s contact that had a picture of Yoda from Star Wars. “Oh, but I would.” She mocked the latter with a huge grin eating her face and Nayeon lets out a defeated sigh, looking at the two workers and earned a nod of approval from Jeongyeon, saying that she was okay with letting them know. 

 

“We kissed…” Nayeon whispered out and they stood silent for a whole minute until Jackson yelled out in English with his hands in the air. 

 

“FINALLY!” He walked over to Cheng Xiao to give the girl a high-five and she happily responds to it, loudly whining out. 

 

“It took you two that long to kiss!?” She furrowed her brows in confusion at the duo who have been friends since at a very young age and then smiled again, showing that she was happy that they have finally come to their senses. “If I was Nayeon, I would’ve jumped Jeongyeon a long time ago.” She shamelessly admits, raising her hands up in defeat and Jackson groaned out again, the judgment evident in his voice. 

 

“You are so weird.” He whispered out with a look of disbelief on his face before congratulating the two and Nayeon glared at the girl who just confessed that she would jump the one she loves. 

 

Nayeon tightly gripped Jeongyeon’s arm that was near her and showed how protective she was as she shot lasers at Cheng Xiao. “Yah, she’s mine.” The med student grumbled in a soft tone and Jeongyeon giggled, clearly amused with the way that the latter was suddenly acting and thought she could get used to this side of Nayeon. 

 

“We still haven’t established the whole whether if we’re going to be a couple or not but soon enough, I promise to be hers.” Jeongyeon smoothly spoke and everyone’s mouths dropped at what she said. 

 

Jackson showed an impressive look as he crossed his arms, looking at the two that clearly didn’t know the idea of personal space. “You’re a smooth lady, Miss Jeongyeon.” He uses the formality that the mentioned girl absolutely hates hearing him use and she slightly rolled her eyes at the man that was grinning like a fool. 

 

Cheng Xiao repeatedly hits Nayeon’s shoulder in excitement and covered to prevent her squeals from growing louder. “It’s like I’m watching a real life K-Drama in front of my own eyes!” She exclaimed out loud and Nayeon eagerly nods, agreeing to the idea as they both joined hands and squealed like fangirls. 

 

They heard the elevator ding which indicated that they were finally on their floor and Jackson tiredly groaned out, they have been waiting for at least five minutes now. “Gosh, I’m going to file a report to the office about this elevator after we eat some brunch.” He makes a mental reminder in his head before gesturing at Nayeon to first walk through the opened doors that revealed the other resort guests that were walking around the huge brunch buffet that was set up. “After you, Miss Nayeon.” He gestured again and earned a confident smile from the latter. 

 

Jeongyeon quirked a brow at the man, a little jealous that he made her smile like that and crossed her arms to show her annoyance. “How come you call her ‘Miss Nayeon’?” Jeongyeon always told for Jackson to just speak informal with them and wondered why Nayeon acted so natural with Jackson’s tendency to be formal even though they have established that they all became good friends. It really reminded her of Chaeyoung’s tendencies to call everyone “sunbae”. 

 

“Well she said she personally liked being called, ‘Miss Nayeon’ because it made her feel empowered.” Jackson simply answered with a smug smile, thinking in his head that it was very expected of the med student to say something like that. Cheng Xiao also mirrored the same look as she softly scoffed out before leaving the elevator. 

 

“I’m not surprised.” Jeongyeon and Jackson watched her join Nayeon who is almost done filling her plate full of foods from every country that they had and the Psychology major mumbled out in amusement as they walked out of the elevator together. 

 

She grabbed a white plate and handed one to the man beside her. “That sounds like Im Nayeon.” The corners of crept up, feeling a sense of pride overwhelm her as she talked about the mentioned girl and felt a light nudge on the side of her stomach from Jackson. 

 

“That’s the girl you love.” He lightly responded back with another joke, starting to get used to seeing the latter so happy and Jeongyeon stayed silent with a small smile, both of them already knowing what her response would be. 

 

Yeah, that is. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m assuming the date went well.” JYP walked into Chaeyoung’s room that had the door open so it screamed for him to walk in and just “talk” with the girl. Chaeyoung looked up from her laptop that she was squinting at for quite a time and shot a quick smile, slowly closing it as the man took a seat on her office chair and faced the girl who sat crisscrossed on the bed. “Jihyo won't shut up about it.” He lightly chuckled before sincerely staring into the latter’s eyes. “Thank you, Chaeyoung. You have my trust.” He simply says and the mentioned girl showed a look of confusion. 

 

“I-I have your what now?” She stuttered in utter disbelief and the man chuckled at her again. All she could think about was the possibility of this whole moment being a dream. 

 

“My trust.” He repeated again in a slow rhythm before showing a teasing look. “You better not ask again or else I’ll take it back.” JYP suddenly shows a serious look, making Chaeyoung gulp out of fear as she repeatedly nods her head at him like a bobblehead. 

 

Chaeyoung was frozen to the point that she looked like she was posing for a photograph. “Thank you?” She asked in slight confusion, wondering what made him agree to all of this and the man nodded again, standing up from his seat and lightly patting the girl’s back, only making her more confused. She was eternally freaking out since she knew JYP was usually a tough man but all along, he was just a softie for his daughter. 

 

“No problem, formal brat. Don’t make me regret this decision.” He playfully threatened before gently closing the door on his way out and Chaeyoung lets out a genuine smile when she heard the nickname that she started to grow a liking to and thought there was the side of JYP that she knew so well.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter