chapter 19

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: [WARNING] LOTS OF THINGS HAPPEN IN HERE AND LOTS OF THINGS ARE REVEALED

Mina walked into her girlfriend’s room so that she could hide and scare the girl to death but she ended up finding a familiar mask that she particularly remembered seeing on the internet and her mind immediately thought of the one person that always wore this mask when dancing. 

 

What the…?  

 

Mina picked up the mask and turned it around to investigate it when she gasped in realization of what she discovered and then the sound of the door opening was heard, resulting her in silent panic as she quickly shoved it back where she found it, pretending she didn’t even touch it and placed her hands behind her back as Momo looked at her in slight shock that the girl was in her room without her knowing.

 

“What are you doing here? Is there a problem? Are you alright?” Momo rambled out with a worried expression, she wasn’t mentally prepared to hear the girl spew out more struggles that she’s never noticed of the latter and Mina giggled in pure enjoyment of seeing on how concerned her girlfriend was for her. 

 

Mina softly shook her head and approached the girl, delicately placing her hands on her cheeks like it was fragile glass. “I’m fine.” She emphasized before pecking her lips. “I was going to scare you but your room is a mess.” They looked around the area where it was indeed a mess that if Yoo Jeongyeon was there, she would not approve of their room that looked like the visual definition of chaos. 

 

Momo chuckled when she spots all of her dirty slash clean clothes in a towering pile, thinking about all of the practical things her roommate would scold to her when she comes home from her trip in three days. “Yeah, I should perhaps clean before Jeongyeon comes back…” She made a mental note that probably would be forgotten in ten minutes of being in the presence of the beautiful girl and tightly wrapped her arms around the latter. “You could hide under the bed.” The older girl suggested with her eyebrows wiggling, remembering the time when Chaeyoung magically appeared in her room. 

 

Mina shakes her head again, not wanting to meet any dust bunnies that may be expecting her and nuzzled her nose against the latter’s neck. “I think I’m fine.” Her voice vibrated against Momo’s skin and gave the latter shivers. 

 

Momo gently pushes the younger girl back to make them face each other. “Well, if you don’t mind. I need you to get out of my room.” She kindly asked with an odd smile and Mina’s mouth gaped at the abrupt order. 

 

“But why?” 

 

“I need to change.” 

 

“For what? You don’t have work today.” 

 

“I’m going to the gym.” 

 

Mina knew that was a total lie because Momo once confessed that she’s never been to the gym in Korea before and she smirks at the latter for trying to deceit her but decided to have a little fun as she knowingly commented, her flirtatious-self already kicking in. 

 

“We’re both girls.” 

 

“And we’re also girlfriends. Bye, Mina!” 

 

She literally shoved the ballerina out the door, slamming it in the process as she sighed out in relief, Momo almost fell in the traps of her demanding girlfriend. Mina stands outside, scoffing at the older girl's actions as she crossed her arms with a mischievous glint appearing in her eyes. Mina thought two could play this game and was entertained by the playful thoughts that appeared in her little head of hers. 

 

“Uh, Mina…?” Jihyo gently called out, weirdly eyeing the girl that stood like a statue in deep thought, also the strange look on her face didn’t make her look any better. She aggressively waved her hand in front of her face to grab her attention but in the next minute, she didn’t receive any response so Jihyo shrugged her shoulders as she thought maybe its best to leave the girl alone for her to do her thing and made her way over to Sana’s room with a package resting on her hips and against her arm. It was placed outside of their door since the early morning and it had what seemed like Kanji characters on the sticker of where you would put both of the mailing addresses. Luckily, there were some English letters imprinted on it and Jihyo was able to recognize Sana’s name with her basic knowledge of the ABC’s, all thanks to her father for forcing her to take extra lessons to learn the language when she was young. 

 

She knocked on the door and Sana instantly opens it with the typical Korean sheet mask on and her hair was all tied up in a ponytail, using a pink scrunchie that made her look peculiarly adorable. The Japanese looked at the package that Jihyo shoved in her hands, clearly flustered by the action and earned the simple explanation that this was for her. Jihyo bolts away without saying more since she was as clueless as the Japanese about the package and then glanced back at Mina who was still standing in the same place with that strange look that Jihyo couldn’t interpret. The Music major furrowed her brows to show her judgment at the girl that let out this eerie aura.  

 

The quiet ones are always the weird ones… 

 

Sana simply shrugged her shoulders and walked back inside of her room to open the box in private. She doesn’t even bother to look at whom it was from and skillfully opened it by slicing the blade of her $2 scissors against the tape. She saw a letter with the familiar handwriting that she could recognize from a hundred meters away and noticed something else that was covered by a blanket. She thought the box felt a little too light (in her opinion) and wondered what was under the baby-blue blanket but decided to read the letter first because that’s what her mother would’ve wanted.

 

Sana-chan! 

 

I decided to call you with“-chan” because this is probably the first time in a while that I wrote a letter to you. 

 

How are you? Is that man at the residence treating you nicely? Is he properly feeding you? If you’re eating takeout every day, immediately call me because I can send you and the others some homecooked foods! 

 

You’re probably wondering what this package is for and… I don’t know how to put it nicely other than to just tell you to look at it because after hearing about Tzuyu from you, your father and I really hope that this will help for future purposes…

 

Don’t get mad at me because it took a lot of money and dignity to get this sent to you. 

 

Love, okaa-san. 

 

Sana scanned over the letter again with puzzled eyes, for the first time in her life, she didn’t understand what her mother was trying to explain when she wrote “future purposes” so she slowly unraveled the blanket inch-by-inch from the object that felt so light and closed her left eye out of fear. 

 

When she peeked at a part that appeared to be a clear rubber-type material that was purple, she immediately realized what “it” was when she yanked the blanket away and lets out a deafening screech. 

 

“OKAA-SANNNNN!” 

 

JYP looked up at the popcorn ceiling and ticked his tongue in annoyance. “Aish, these brats need to stop watching those videos. Their brains are going to rot.” He knew the girls could get really invested in watching dramas and animes, or just the internet in general and the man turned off the exhaust hood, placing the lid on top of the pot that contained the boiling hot soup. “Right, Dahyun-ssi?” He asked in a knowing tone that the latter was only concentrated on her basketball skills and turned his head to see that the girl was only invested in her mobile phone, proving himself wrong like always. 

 

“YEAH!” Dahyun excitedly shouts out with her fist clenched and her other hand clutching the phone that was streaming the NBA games. Curry just shot a three-pointer, making them take the lead in the game and his teammates swarm him in appreciation for making a risky shot. She makes eye contact with JYP who was blankly looking at her and Dahyun gets embarrassed when she placed the phone, face down on the table. “I meant… Yes, you’re right ahjussi.” She spoke at an indoor volume and the man’s eye twitched at her, an obvious sign of him getting angry and he firmly pointed at the food that was already prepped on the marble counters.

 

“Go set the table, Dahyun.” His eyes pierced at her and the mentioned girl abruptly stands up from her chair, letting out a squeaking noise as she saluted at him.

 

“YES SIR!” She slams her feet every-time she takes a step and made her way over to the kitchen to grab the plates, earning an amused chuckle from the man. Minutes later and many satisfied comments later when the man looked at the neatly set table in appreciation. He called for all of the girls to come down and eat lunch but Momo was already saying farewell when she announced that she would be heading to the gym at the speed of light.

 

Everyone sat in the designated spots that they’ve taken for the time being while the other three were on their trips abroad. “The gym?” JYP was confused, didn’t Momo say she had a fear of going to places like the gym because of her being an introvert? In fact, he was surprised that Mina was taking a seat at the table instead of being with her girlfriend. 

 

“Mina-ssi, aren’t you also going to the gym?” He questioned and the latter opened , indicating that she was ready to speak but she stopped herself. 

 

Wow, that was easier than expected. 

 

Of course, Mina wanted to leave so that she can cooly confess she knew Momo’s little secret (before playing with the girl) and she dashed out of her seat, already on her phone to creepily stalk where her girlfriend’s location was using the amazing app “Find My Friends”. 

 

Sana raised a brow at her friend, wondering if something happened when she was distracted by her mother’s culture-shocking gift. She wouldn’t dare call it a gift, it was more of a torture device that she needed to burn in a pit or bury six feet underground before Tzuyu comes back. 

 

It would be really embarrassing if the Taiwanese found the object and discover that it belonged to her roommate. 

 

A deep red blush formed on her face from the proactive thoughts that emerged in her head and Chaeyoung weirdly looks at her. 

 

“What’s wrong with you, are you thinking strange thoughts?” She joked as she pointed her chopstick at her and the statement made Sana look down, ashamed as she thought the latter slammed the nail on the head. 

 

Chaeyoung bursts out in laughter upon seeing the Japanese’s reaction and earned a scolding hit on the shoulder from Jihyo who only wanted to enjoy one peaceful lunch with these fools.

 

“Wow… Sana-unnie is really an adult— shem steasdamhm“ Jihyo slapped her hand over her girlfriend’s mouth and Dahyun looked at them in amusement. There was a twinge of jealousy that sparked up but for some reason, she felt okay with the two… 

 

JYP mirrored the same look as his daughter as she accusingly pointed at the child in their room. “Yah, you brat, get your head out of the gutter.” He sternly stated before forcing a kimchi in his mouth. 

 

Chaeyoung covered to subdue her laughter, replaying the whole scene in her head as she resisted the urge to crack up again. 

 

The foreigner felt on fire, her face felt like it was burning out of embarrassment and JYP made eye contact with her. “No TV for you for the whole week.” The father made it clear when he leaned back in his chair, thinking he made the right decision. “I don’t want you thinking any more weird thoughts.” He added, feeling a little shy since he never expected to say this to one of his residents.

 

Sana’s mouth dropped to the floor and Dahyun had to tightly seal shut so she wouldn’t catch flies. She was going to argue back, about to confess that her mother had sent her a goddamn toy but she kept quiet, only accepting the punishment in defeat as the red tint on her face wouldn’t fade away. 

 

Sana is mostly known to be clumsy and loud at most times and that’s usually when she’s at her most comfortable state, she had to admit that she’s been acting calm for the past few months during her stay in the Park Residence. Not a lot of people know about Sana is that she gets all of her personality traits from her mother, the woman was quirky and very open-minded about everything so that made their bond grow stronger as Sana grew up to become the woman she is today and they always talked about everything with each other. Everything. Meanwhile, Sana’s pure intelligence came from her father and now as she speaks, she realized that maybe her ability to act so calm at times is from her father but thanks to her mother, he has also been influenced to become the “cool” parent you would see in those horrendous American teenage movies.  

 

Sometimes, she wished her parents could have a filter sometimes, her mother specifically. The parents once watched “Mean Girls” with Japanese subtitles and Sana thought she was going to cry when her mother approached her with a bucket of condoms, influenced by the thought that it was “cool” to encourage her own daughter to have safe at the age of sixteen. Sana remembered explicitly saying when she saw her mother barge in the room, asking if there were any guys going after her (and by after her, she meant wanting to do “it” with her).

 

“Mom, I’m gay.” 

 

It seemed that all of the red lights were going off in the Minatozaki household when Sana just revealed her uality out of the blue and her mother was freaking out, now thinking her daughter wasn’t even a anymore because lesbians won’t get STD’s if they have , right? (a/n: NO THAT’S SO WRONG LITERALLY BE SAFE GALS) And she also assumed that girls having intimate time together would definitely act like rabbits because you can’t get pregnant. (a/n: I really hope you’re not like Mrs.Minatozaki in the future) 

 

Sana had to keep convincing her that she was in fact a and swore on her heart as her mother finally calmed down but still acted like the “cool” mom, now encouraging for her daughter to have safe with girls. Meanwhile, her father simply replied to the news of her being gay. 

 

“M’kay, what do you want for dinner? You want Chinese? I’m craving it right now.”



Oh how Sana wished she could bring her parents here to Korea just to prove to everyone in the Park Residence her whole reasoning on why she was currently blushing like crazy! 

 

Chaeyoung stared at the red-faced Japanese who seemed to be in deep thought. “She’s thinking weird thoughts again…” She softly sang out and earned another hit from Jihyo, only making her snort at her own amusement. 

 

“Let her be, she’s acting different today.” JYP stated with his mouth full of rice and Jihyo’s brows furrowed at the word “different” as a certain ballerina and a daycare worker popped into her head. She never knew Momo went to a gym and that made things even more confusing in her head as everything felt like they were clashing with each other. It was like the foreigners were in their own little world where all of the Koreans were invisible. Dahyun swirled her finger near her head and then mouthed out the sound.

 

“I think the Japanese members are a little…” Cuckoo. 

 

She glanced at Sana who wasn’t even listening in on their conversation and was still lost in her thoughts about her kooky parents. The others nodded in agreement with the basketball player as they continued to talk among themselves, ignoring the Japanese at the table that was silently freaking them out with her odd behavior. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ve been struggling for the whole semester and you didn’t tell me?” Nayeon asked in utter disbelief as her fingertips brushed the latter’s hand, the heat of their palms pressed against each other's.  

 

Jeongyeon embarrassingly rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. The Psychology major finally confessed her academic struggles and how she has been hiding all of this from her parents. She even told the latter about how Dahyun figured out about everything. “Well, more like ever since we started university.” She felt the impact of Nayeon’s hand against her shoulder. 

 

“Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, you’ve been almost failing for three years?” She lightly scolded and Jeongyeon didn’t dare to answer back because she was sure the latter already knew at this point. 

 

The med student releases a long sigh, maybe her scolding attitude wasn’t helping lighten the mood and gently hugged her from the side. “Why didn’t you ask for help?” Nayeon whispered in her ear, feeling betrayed that the younger girl hid this from her for so long and Jeongyeon felt goosebumps forming on her arm.

 

“I’m insecure…” She softly replied and Nayeon pouted at her, there was no way she was going to allow the latter to speak like that. 

 

“Because of me?” The med student asked in sudden realization and the latter slowly nodded, her head hanging low. 

 

“Do you know how frustrating it is to bring you home and have my parents welcome you with open arms, thinking that you’re the perfect student who is succeeding on her way to become a doctor?” Jeongyeon grits her teeth and stared into her eyes. “That’s the daughter they want, they don’t want a Psychology major or an acting major.” Although her parents have never directly told their opinions about her decision to become a Psychology major, she knew that her parents were disappointed when they heard she chose one of the “easiest” degrees you could get in their perspective. When Seungyeon announced that she wanted to become an actress, her father ignored her and continued to talk about how his day went in the restaurant to his wife. Seungyeon sulked in her seat and Jeongyeon apologetically looked at her. Nonetheless, they still paid for their tuition fees and allowed them to choose whatever they wanted to do. 

 

“I’m tired of getting compared to you, you were always so perfect ever since we were young.” Jeongyeon added and Nayeon repeatedly shakes her head in denial. She never thought she was “perfect”, she didn’t even know what it was like to be perfect nowadays. Of course, Nayeon felt accomplished. She had come so far, she was in her fourth year of being a med student and she was sure that she officially won the heart that belonged to her best friend but she was nowhere near perfect. While Jeongyeon rambled on, she thought the best way to keep her quiet was to simply kiss her. 

 

Nayeon tugged her by the collar and smashed their lips together. Jeongyeon’s words were instantly muffled by the latter’s mouth and she reacts to the kiss in a millisecond, quieting down as she felt her shoulders slump down, an action to indicate that she was calming down. Jeongyeon didn’t know if she was supposed to be irritated by the fact that the latter interrupted herself or extremely elated when she felt the other’s lips dance on her own.

 

After a while, Nayeon pulled away with a tiny smile that made the younger girl raise a brow. “You’re bold today.” The med student could hear the endless teasing that was to come in the future and Jeongyeon grazed her hands on Nayeon’s face as they gazed at each other, their eyes sparkling in the dim light of their resort room.

 

Nayeon’s breath fanned over the latter’s red lips and smirked when she thought about her courageous action. She was for sure Cheng Xiao was going to freak out when she hears about her drama-like romance. “I read this article on the internet— “  

 

“Oh my god, I really hope we fly back to Korea soon because you need to stay away from Thought Catalog articles.” First, the lists and now the shutting up someone by a kiss, Jeongyeon wouldn’t be surprised if the girl was searching up relationship advice for women. Nayeon softly chuckled and they stayed in their position of hugging each other, silence engulfing the room. 

 

“What are we?” The older girl suddenly asked, the question wanting to be out for a long time and Jeongyeon furrowed her brows, she didn’t know how to answer that and she was never a fan of labels, she was afraid of commitment… 

 

“I don’t care what we are as long as you’re by my side…” She shyly admitted and Nayeon lets out a squeal, wanting to replay that moment in her head ‘till her last breath. 

 

“But if we were to get married— “ 

 

“Whoa, whoa, slow your roll. Let’s not get too eager.” Nayeon shot a playful wink that made Yoo Jeongyeon die in one-second and then was resurrected to witness the latter snicker at her. The med student

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter