chapter 9

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: so... i literally had a writers block for a couple of days BECAUSE AFTER I REALIZED WHAT I JUST WROTE IN THE LAST CHAPTER I WAS LIKE OH NOW WHAT so like I did have this original idea about Tzuyu and Jeongyeon but then as I was writing the "original" chapter, I kept thinking gosh this DOES NOt MAKE SENSE AT ALL SO I eNDED UP DELETING EVERYTHING (well it's actually saved somewhere else) AND I had to think to myself about what the hell was the reason to why Tzuyu gives Jeongyeon a ticket to Taiwan and I think this reason is acceptable because the other reason was actually full of bull ahahah. So, please enjoy this chapter 'cause honestly it was painful to write this ;(

“I can’t believe Tzuyu is taking you to a resort!” The Japanese woman exclaimed with excitement as she hopped around the room and Nayeon looked at her gift in awe. She also couldn’t believe what her roommate was saying. All she did was return home very late at night and ended up finding out that she received a gift from Tzuyu— Which was very nice of their youngest guest-mate. 

 

She shows the package that contained papers and an eye-mask that she received from the Taiwanese and shoved the pile of papers in Mina’s face, asking for confirmation. “Is this real?” She asked in a stern voice and Mina giggled in return, taking one of the papers in her hand and squinting at it. She even puts it up to the light from their lamppost and nods in satisfaction. 

 

“It’s pretty legit.” The girl would know since she’s been a couple of resorts herself when she was little with her parents. She hands back the paper and Nayeon lets out a sound of amazement as she kissed the paper. 

 

The med student squealed out. “I love you, Chou Tzuyu!” She also just received a call from the hospital saying that she earned a long-term break and it seemed like everything fell into place at that moment. 

 

Mina places an index finger on her lip to shush the girl. “You should probably not tell the others that Tzuyu gave you that ticket. Imagine if Sana found out?” She questioned to herself and Nayeon tilted her head in shock at the sudden assumption made by her roommate. 

 

“You think Sana doesn’t know about this?” She asked in disbelief and Mina nodded in agreement as she plopped on her bed. “I guess you’re right…” She frowned but then she thought about her trip and an instant smile appeared on her face. “I can’t wait to go! Sorry, Mina but it looks like you’ll be traveling alone with JYP around Korea.” Nayeon teased, earning a small smile from her roommate. She remembered promising the latter that if nobody was going on the “Korea” trip than she would go but it looks like her plans have drastically changed. 


The ballerina grabbed her pillow, throwing it at the med student. “Don’t worry.” Mina playfully rolled her eyes. “I know someone who will definitely come.” She fondly smiled to herself as she thought about Momo. Meanwhile in another room, Sana was still chatting with Tzuyu on her phone, updating her on everything that has happened in Korea as she laid on her stomach.  

 

“— Like always, ahjussi was mad at us but he was proud of Momo.” She stated in a proud voice and Tzuyu brightly smiles from hearing the ending of the story about Mina’s parents coming to Korea. Sana felt her heart flutter at the precious sight of Tzuyu lovingly petting her Chihuahua, Gucci. 

 

Tzuyu pursed her lips in adoration at the dog who was falling asleep in her lap and then looked at the camera to feel her heart swell at Sana who was grinning at her. “If I was there, I would’ve clocked Mr.Myoui’s face right there.” She stated in a serious tone and Sana laughed out loud, scoffing at the girl. 

 

“Yeah, right!” She argued with the youngest and Tzuyu playfully rolled her eyes in the camera. She then looked at the squirrel plushie and furrowed her brows in slight frustration and grabbed the animal, showing it to the front camera. “I can’t believe you got me this!” She complained, thinking about the nickname and Tzuyu quietly chuckled, raising a brow at the stuffed animal. 

 

“I’m sorry but can you show me the real Sana? I think that one can actually talk.” She asked in her usual savageness and the latter huffed out in frustration. 

 

Sana cutely pouted. “Chou Tzuyu!” She scolded out and they both broke in a giggle fit. As soon as the laughter dies down, Sana thanks the girl on behalf of their guest-mates. “They really appreciated the gifts. Dahyun really liked her socks and I’m pretty sure Momo almost finished her gift already.” She said, referring back to the bag of Taiwanese snacks and how Momo tried a bite of each snack with the others. Most of them guessing what flavor it was considering they couldn’t read Chinese. Tzuyu almost frowned at the mention of Dahyun but she shrugged it off since every-time she heard the basketball player’s name, she thought of Jeongyeon slapping her. “Also, Jeongyeon lied about her gift to everyone. She said it was a coupon for a spa.” Tzuyu looked at her in confusion and Sana shrugged her shoulders to answer the questioning look. “She must’ve been shocked by it, I mean I would be too. You gave her a ticket to a resort!” She says in both a stern and jealous voice. 

 

Tzuyu grinned at the camera, wiggling her eyebrows like an evil mastermind. “And Nayeon-unnie?” She asked curiously and Sana shrugged her shoulders again, not knowing how the med student reacted since she came home late and she was too lazy to walk out of the room ‘cause that meant she had to end the call with the Biology major. However, she did recall some noises from outside the room not too long. 

 

“I don’t know but I think I heard screams coming from one of the rooms.” She quickly explained and the latter nodded her head, thinking it must’ve been Nayeon screaming. “I’m still a little jealous, I think your plan is crazy. They’re going to fight the whole trip.” Sana commented in a serious tone and the youngest laughed at her, thinking about how Sana was probably correct about the best-friend duo. 

 

She gives her a look that Sana couldn’t explain but it was definitely weird. “It’ll be fine. I gave Nayeon an eye-mask so that she’ll fall asleep faster on the flight and hopefully, Jeongyeon won’t annoy her.” The whole plan was to rekindle their friendship or whatever they had. As much as Tzuyu didn’t have the best first impression of Jeongyeon, she figured she needed a much break since she thought the Psychology major only fought because she was always tired and stress. Besides its better to confront someone after a trip of deep relaxation, right? She also noticed Nayeon was the most hard-working out of the guest-mates or at least what she saw. The girl was always studying and in the hospital whether it be treating patients or just resting in the on-call room. Tzuyu thought the girl needed a well-deserved break and end this angst with Jeongyeon. 

 

—— 

 

Today was their last day at the retreat and it was Jihyo’s final chance to confess her feelings to Chaeyoung— Well, her final chance when the two were fully sober. They were doing a full group activity and since there were many musicians in the area, Jihyo managed to sneak the younger girl away from the activity and they giggled to each other, running to the lake hand in hand like star-crossed lovers.  

 

“Sunbae, what are we doing here?” Chaeyoung asked in curiosity but her bright smile was just killing the latter. Jihyo thought her teeth were absolutely adorable and that the girl should never wear braces because she was perfect the way she was. She played with the latter’s black hair that was recently dyed and she admits that she secretly misses the orange hair. 

 

They both stared in the lake and Jihyo hummed to herself. “I’ve been thinking, Chaeyoung-ah. I’m having a lot of fun here.” She admitted, earning a surprised look from Chaeyoung who secretly blushes as she looked away from the latter. The girl thinks she was getting the message since she was seeing the signs. “Then, I realized the destination never mattered. It was the people who I was with.” Jihyo paused, looking beside her to focus on the younger girl’s facial expression, wondering how she was reacting. “You helped me have fun after such a long time— I mean it’s been a week since I’ve been yelled at by my dad!” She cutely exclaimed with broad hand gestures. 

 

Chaeyoung showed a proud smile. “I’m glad that I helped, sunbae.” She quietly whispered and felt Jihyo intertwine their fingers together. 

 

They shyly smile at each other. “I noticed something, Chaeyoung-ah.” The mentioned girl could hear the latter call her name a million of times and she wouldn’t get tired of it. “Whenever one of us was drunk, we’d always confessed our feelings for each other.” The statement shocked Chaeyoung and her eyes bulged out from the sudden confession. 

 

So, they weren’t dreams!?

 

Chaeyoung was enterally freaking out but kept a smile on her face to hide it as Jihyo continued to talk. “I think its time for me to overcome my fear and let it out. I like you, Son Chaeyoung— No.” She paused, furrowing her brows in deep concentration. “I love you, Son Chaeyoung.” Jihyo finally confessed, feeling a massive weight let off of her shoulders and the latter felt herself go tense. She didn’t expect Jihyo to love her but she still wanted to cherish the girl. Then, she thought of Dahyun. She thought about the first time when Dahyun had confessed she was in love with her. It was like everything went downhill after that but when Chaeyoung eyed Jihyo’s genuine smile and caring eyes, she felt herself smile as she tightly squeezed the girl’s hand. It wasn’t the same look Dahyun gave her but she felt the love from it. 

 

The smaller girl slowly nodded as she stood closer to Jihyo, her feelings for the girl was confirming on the spot. “I like you, sunbae but I don’t know about…” She trailed off, still thinking about the basketball player and Jihyo sadly smiles, understanding what the girl was saying. 

 

“It’s okay, I can wait for you.” She says with determination. “In the meantime, will you go out with me?” Jihyo shyly asked with a small smile and Chaeyoung nods again, except this time it was an eager nod as if she has been anticipating this for many weeks. 

 

“Of course, Jihyo.” Chaeyoung by accident says her name and then covered in shock. Jihyo silently gasped since it was the first times she heard Chaeyoung speak informally as she pointed at the latter. 

 

“You know the rules.” She wiggled her eyebrows and Chaeyoung groaned. Informalities meant punishment and Chaeyoung might have an idea of where this was going as she watched Jihyo eyed the lake that was in front of them. Jihyo laughed out loud at the thought and decided to make it a memory as she pushed the smaller girl in the water. Chaeyoung let outs an unexpected squeal and treaded in the water, gesturing for the older girl to jump in. Jihyo obliged as she threw her slides that she was wearing to the side and jumped in, creating a splash all over Chaeyoung. They continue to laugh, their heads only bobbing above the cold water and they make the best of their last day in the retreat. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So when are you leaving?” Jeongyeon’s sister asked on the phone. She was very surprised to hear that her younger sister was going to a resort in Taiwan. 

 

Jeongyeon placed the phone on her shoulder as she neatly folded her clothes on the floor in front of her suitcase. “I’ll be leaving in two days.” She answered, struggling to keep the home phone on her shoulder but used her chin to support it. “Could you tell mom and dad that?” Jeongyeon didn’t want to face their parents after failing one of her courses. Of course, she was proud she only failed one class but it was still embarrassing and disappointing. 

 

She could imagine her older sister nodding her head. “Yeah, Jeong.” Seungyeon plainly replied, looking through the mail that was in front of her. “I’m guessing you haven’t told them about your amazing breakthrough.” She sighed out, referring to her sister’s academics and Jeongyeon purses he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter