chapter 15

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: wowowowowowow it just makes me so happy to know that you guys get so immersed in my books and it's the greatest feeling in the world.

“Hi~ My name is Dahyun and I want to say sorry.” She looked at herself in the washroom mirror and raised one brow. “I- uh- !” She hissed at herself before slapping her forehead. Why was she even practicing this? She just said that she’ll get over Sana but the girl remained in her head the whole night. 

 

She heard a knock on the door and knitted her brows in confusion as she opened the door to reveal an impatient Momo in front of her. “What are you doing that’ll take so long in the bathroom?” She yelled in a harsh whisper and Dahyun meekly smiled as she rubbed the back of her neck.

 

“Uh…” She was about to come up with a lie but Momo raises her hand to silence the latter, not wanting to hear what she had to say right now since she badly needed to use the washroom. She would use the first-floor washroom but it was under maintenance. 

 

“Just move out of the way and let me use the washroom.” The older girl spat in out in a cold voice, pulling the basketball player off the washroom’s floor and then slamming the door. Dahyun faces the closed door and scratched her head in slight confusion and hurt. She didn’t know what she did to have the girl act so cold towards her but Dahyun was more focused on figuring the other Japanese out before she tried to make amends with Momo. She swore the two were okay when she first came here but it seemed that things have changed. 

 

Dahyun walks downstairs to see Mina playing a game on her phone and JYP was staring intently at the TV, getting excited at this horse race that was shown. The worse thing was the two didn’t even acknowledge Dahyun’s presence and continued to do their things. “Mina-ssi, if your bet was wrong. It looks like you’ll be treating the whole guest-house to a fancy dinner.” JYP wiggled his eyebrows as he stared at the television in anticipation, watching as his chosen horse was leading race while Mina’s horse was the very last. 

 

Mina could only smirk as she continued to look at her phone. “We’ll see about that, ahjussi.” She spoke with a profound confidence and glanced at the TV to see her horse speeding up, the corner of crept up like she was expecting this the whole time. JYP felt his jaw drop and Dahyun who stood a few feet from the two also felt her jaw drop to the ground at the horse that was galloping at a crazy speed and being the first to cross the finish line on the television. 

 

Dahyun could only point at the screen in shock. “H-how did y-you— “ She stammered out and glanced at Mina who shrugged her shoulders with a sly look on her face, the ballerina pats the back of the man beside her who was about to cry at how unbelievable the event turned out. 

 

“Looks like you’re going to be treating us, ahjussi.” She grinned with her gummy smile and then added. “As usual.” Mina shot a quick wink and went back to playing on her phone, pretending that the most amazing outcome didn’t just happen and the man of the house buries his face in his hands. 

 

“I just got played by a rich girl.” He murmured under his breath and the basketball player tilted her head in confusion. 

 

“What did you just say, ahjussi?” She couldn’t quite hear what the man murmured but JYP pretends he didn’t say anything, realizing that he promised the ballerina that he wouldn’t tell the others about her being rich. JYP shook his hands in denial, indicating that he didn’t say a word and left the room to go to the kitchen before shooting a threatening glare at the Japanese who sat peacefully on the couch. 

 

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders, telling herself that it was probably nothing and then approached the girl that was playing the game on her phone with the most determination evident on her face. “Uh, Mina?” She questioned, poking the latter’s arm but at first, she doesn’t respond back because she was too immersed in the game. Dahyun rubbed the back of her neck, feeling awkward that she had to interrupt the latter’s precious time with her games but she really needed to know where Sana was at this moment. “Mina?” She repeated again but with a soft whisper and Mina huffed in frustration, about to snap at the girl until she realized it was the basketball player. 

 

Mina’s angry expression softens into a wide smile and she pats the couch beside her for the girl to sit. “Is there something wrong, Dahyun-ah?” She asked in a motherly tone. After the Japanese girls promised to take care of Chaeyoung and help her evolve to the “adult” life, Mina silently swore to do the same for the other younger guest-mates like Tzuyu and Dahyun. 

 

Dahyun is a little taken back by the sincere tone coming from Mina’s voice. “I was just wondering if you knew where Sana was?” She hesitantly asked, not even sure if the ballerina would share that information since she was good friends with the mentioned girl. Mina started to hum to herself, trying to think back to the early morning where the Maths major was talking about how she was going to the park to video-call Tzuyu. 

 

Cheesy and romantic…

 

“Oh yeah, I think she’s at the park.” She plainly answered, instantly going back to her game to attempt to defeat the level again. Dahyun was going to vocally say thank you but the girl was again immersed in her game so she just slightly bowed and stood up to walk to the front door. She looked back at the ballerina to see if she was still playing on her phone and as expected, she still was. 

 

Dahyun chuckled to herself in amusement before slipping her slides on and walked out of the front door. Momo returns from the washroom and hopped downstairs to see the amazing girl that stole her heart as she sighed in content before jumping on the couch and resting her arm over the latter. Mina sends a quick glare at the girl for making her lose a life and Momo just innocently smiled in return.

 

“What will we do today, my beautiful ballerina?” Momo bats her eyes to do aegyo and Mina slightly sticks her tongue out to indicate that she was cringing at the latter. The younger girl places her phone on her lap and wrapped her arms around the older one, placing their foreheads together. 

 

Mina stared deeply into her eyes. “I have some ideas.” She raises her eyebrow suggestively, eyeing the latter’s luscious lips and Momo felt her cheeks heat up. Mina was about to lean in until she stopped five centimeters away from the latter’s lip and looked into her eyes. “We will continue this after we help Chaeyoung with her job searching.” The older girl groaned at the unexpected answer and started to complain to her teasing partner. 

 

“She’s fine, let’s just do this.” She assured about the tiger cub before Momo crashes their lips together and they ended up having an intense make-out session on the couch. What the couple forgot was that there was one certain man that was still lingering in the kitchen and walked out with a bowl of chips for the three to share, ready to watch a short-movie but he was not expecting to see the two french-kissing each other. 

 

“OH MY GOD!” He shrieked out in shock and threw the chips that were in the bowl all over the floor as he covered his mouth with his palms. Momo and Mina instantly retract from each other, both of them with red lips and pink cheeks. They both neatly folded their hands and sat a good distance away from each other as the man continued to mumble to himself. “Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.” JYP then pointed at the two and moved his fingers closer together in pure confusion. 

 

“You and you are…” He eyed the two that were clearly embarrassed that they were caught and also the fact that they didn’t want to tell JYP their relationship like this. He furrowed his brows in deep thought and felt his mouth gaping slowly. “You were together and I never knew!?” He suddenly spoke the thoughts that were in his head and Momo weakly nods at him, too embarrassed to meet eyes with the man that seemed offended that he didn’t know. Mina stayed put and bit her lips, not knowing what was going to happen. 

 

They heard JYP take a deep breath before he placed his now empty chip bowl on the table and sat in the created gap in between the two. “…How long?” He carefully asked them, waiting for one of them to answer. 

 

Mina and Momo exchange glances at each other and the older one nodded, feeling that it was her responsibility to explain for the two of them. “Since the “I almost got arrested“ accident?” Momo spoke in a questioning tone, not entirely sure how the man would react and her entire face cringed as she waited for JYP’s reaction. 

 

The man shows a blank look and then nodded to himself as he stood up from his seat, lifting his hands up almost like he was going to start clapping. Mina weirdly looked at Momo who mirrored the same look as they saw a blissful expression on the man’s face. “CONGRATULATIONS!” He shouted out with pure glee, clapping loudly and then he tightly hugged the two girls. 

 

“You’re not mad?” Momo asked in a careful tone, still being hugged by the man who shook her in joy. 

 

“Of course not! I’m the total opposite!” He exclaimed before pulling the two in a group hug. 

 

Mina raised an eyebrow at the man as they all stood in their group hug. “But what about Jihyo and Chaeyoung, you almost starved the poor girl to death!” She referred to the time when the younger girl locked herself in her room and JYP only cooked for one less meal, repeating for three days in a row that the girl would just break and beg for his acceptance. 

 

An unsure smile forms on his face and he realized that Mina had a point and also that must’ve been the reason why the couple in front of him didn’t tell him about the news so soon. He then lovingly pats Mina’s back and glanced at them. “As long as you’re not dating my actual daughter then I think things will be fine.” He joked with an eye smile and the girls smile at the precious sight. 

 

“So, you’re okay with us?” Momo grabbed Mina’s hand and intertwined their fingers, the man fondly smiled at the action and slowly nodded his head. 

 

He placed a hand on top of their intertwined hands. “I’m more than okay.” He says to assure the two who looked relieved that JYP approved of their relationship. The man then showed a stern look. “But we are going to talk about what I just witnessed, sit back down on the couch.” He instructed with a serious expression, always being prepared to give anyone the “talk” and the couple softly groaned like kids that got caught making out on school grounds by their teacher. JYP takes a seat on the wooden table in front of the couple that sat on the couch with their hands still intertwined. He scoffed to himself. “I always imagined doing this with Jihyo first, not my residents.” He laughed a little to relieve the sudden tension. “I’ve never said this to you girls but I treat you like my daughters. I feed you and I’m practically your guardian.” He gestured to the foreigners in front of him who nodded in agreement. “Since I am your guardian, there are some ground rules that I never thought I would have to set in my time of owning this place.” 

 

Momo quietly groaned, already knowing where this was going. “No PDA?” She asked in a pouty voice and Mina resisted the urge to squeeze the latter’s cheek. 

 

JYP chuckled at the girl’s expression and slightly nodded his head. “I want you to two to “show your love” to each other but maybe do it in places where I won’t walk in and see you making out on my couch.” The two girls blushed in embarrassment again at the memory of the man literally shrieking and dropping his chips all over the floor. Mina glanced over at the pile of broken chips that was on the floor.

 

“Sorry, ahjussi.” She mumbled and shyly looked down, she felt a soothing rub on her hand and looked over to Momo and they shared a smile, feeling ecstatic that they have come free of their relationship. 

 

JYP waved his hands like it was nothing. “You don’t need to be sorry, I just had a culture shock.” He stated, feeling happy for the two before grabbing the empty chip bowl behind him and announced that he’ll be back in ten minutes as he wiggled his eyebrows at the couple that they had time to finish what they started and Momo starts to chuckle as Mina was blushing like crazy. 

 

The older girl wrapped her arms around the latter. “That was a lot easier than expected.” She whispered in her ear before capturing the ballerina’s lips and this time Mina doesn’t pull away, making Momo smile into the kiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun stood a few feet away from the Japanese who sat on the end of the wooden bench. Sana had just finished video-calling the Taiwanese, asking how things were going with the med student and the Psychology major. Tzuyu could only wink at the curious girl and they continued to talk about themselves with Sana occasionally gushing at the girl of how soft she was with animals. That made the latter all pouty and the Japanese had to resist from buying a plane ticket to Taiwan herself and squish that lovable face of her soon-to-be girlfriend. She has yet told the latter about her “drama” with Dahyun because once she noticed how happy Tzuyu was, Sana couldn’t just ruin it with her problems. 

 

She knows too many of my problems already… I don’t want to be a burden…

 

She wished she was as perfect as her roommate. It seemed that Tzuyu never suffered from anything and every-time she thought of this, she wasn’t sure if she was lying to herself or not. 

 

Now, Sana was still sitting alone in the park, missing Tzuyu even more and watched from afar at the children that were happily playing with each other. She wanted to take this time to breathe in the fresh air and have some time to herself but of course, the world just hates her when she sees the familiar basketball player approach her. 

 

Sana faces the opposite direction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter