chapter 16

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining hard. It was one of those days that it seemed that everyone wasn’t at their high.

 

Momo was going to pass out from hanging out with the little kids that had the complete opposite moods from her, they were beaming with excitement and she managed to fight through with a huge smile plastered on her face. 

 

Unfortunately, Momo didn’t bring an umbrella and knew she could’ve texted one of the girls to pass by the daycare but she didn’t want to annoy them or take up their time since they were all busy so she tried to stay underneath the area outside that was covered by the building’s roof and waited for the rain to stop. It was slightly chilly and Momo shivered as she rubbed her arms up and down, keeping them close to her body with her purse hanging over her one forearm. 

 

She watched as many of cars sped by, almost getting splashed by the water from the large puddles that were created from the rain. Her shoes were practically soaked or at least she thinks they were because her feet were numb so she had no clue. 

 

She stared at Mina’s contact on her phone, slightly wincing when she was about to press the button to call her girlfriend but then she stopped, remembering that Mina was at the university's orientation. She sighed again, shoving her phone in her bag and looking across the street where the store windows were getting poured by the rain, the raindrops trickling down to the ground and flowing to the sewer gates. Momo suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and she raises her fists up, ready to fight this stranger who was interrupting her moment with nature but gaped at the unfamiliar sight in front of her. 

 

“Uh, sorry Momo.” Dahyun quietly whispered, only the mentioned girl could hear her voice over the loud sound of the rain banging against the objects outside on the street. Momo’s eyes flickered towards the purple umbrella she held, forgetting her shock that Dahyun was here in the first place and the latter follows her line of sight, remembering her first reason to why she was here. “You wanna walk home with me?” She shyly offered, feeling awkward since she hasn’t talked with Momo since the time in the bathroom. 

 

Momo suspiciously stares at her for a minute, investigating her real reason on why Dahyun would kindly offer this but after realizing the latter’s intentions were only nice, she slowly nods in response. 

 

Dahyun subconsciously smiles ear-to-ear after hearing the latter accepting her offer and steps aside to make room for her under the umbrella. Suddenly, the force of the harsh wind is felt from behind and the basketball player by accident lets go of her umbrella and it drops in the puddle in front of them on the road. 

 

Momo could only glare at the girl who innocently smiled as she rubbed the back of her head. “Uh, sorry?” Dahyun repeated again and the latter crossed her arms, staring at the umbrella that was floating like a boat on the puddle and the raindrops were already gathering in the bowl-like shape.

 

“Go pick it up.” She coldly demanded, starting to repeatedly shiver from the wind that kept coming and Dahyun nods her head like a bobblehead and was about to grab her umbrella before a car drove by and wrecked the umbrella completely, also splashing the rain-water from the puddle onto the two girls. 

 

“YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!” Dahyun yelled out to the sky, indirectly yelling at the man above as she went to go pick up her ruined umbrella that was barely usable. Meanwhile, Momo fiercely glared at the car that passed by. 

 

Momo clenches her fist and yelled after it. “THANKS A LOT, !” She shouted out in frustration and saw Dahyun kneeling on the ground, trying to put her umbrella back together. 

 

The daycare worker suddenly frowned at the girl who looked hopeless and was about to go pat her back to comfort for the loss of her umbrella until she heard another car driving towards them. It turned out that Momo may have angered the driver by calling him an and now they were going to get chased by a car. 

 

“D-Dahyun, we n-need to g-go.” Momo stammered out, aggressively tapping her back and eyeing the familiar car with the driver that looked angry. 

 

“Why?” Dahyun whispered out, not noticing the angry car that was approaching them and felt Momo forcing her head to look in its direction. “OH MAN!” The basketball player shouted out at the sight of the in-coming car and grabbed Momo’s hand, forgetting about the umbrella and running away to safety. The two didn’t care anymore about getting wet, they needed to run away from this car. “Let’s go to the university!” Dahyun loudly suggested since it was the closest place to them and their feet splashed in every puddle as they ran hand in hand to the campus where there was an orientation happening. This scene sounds so romantic to others but to the daycare worker, her fingers and toes curled as she cringed at the fact that this had to be happening with Kim Dahyun, the school’s player.

 

She kept pushing the thought away and they finally released hands when they reached the campus and the car stops driving after them. They heavily panted and took shelter underneath the roof from one of the university buildings. The only sounds were heard was them loudly panting like dogs and they looked at each other. 

 

Dahyun silently blushed, feeling embarrassed in front of the latter and Momo could only look at her with a blank expression. “Sorry again?” The basketball player awkwardly moved her shoulders with an unsure smile and the latter quietly groaned, looking down at her clothes that were all soaked. Dahyun notices this and offered the girl her clothes from her locker in the change room. “We’re close to the gym, we can walk there and I can give you my clothes— “ 

 

“I’m not wearing your sweaty basketball clothes.” Momo argued with her arms crossed and the latter’s mouth gaped at her, not knowing what was her problem. Dahyun was only trying to be nice.

 

“Please? After we change, I’ll take you to Mina and Sana.” She repeatedly offered to her, only wanting to make it up for the latter and using the two other Japanese women to lure the girl. Sana offered to keep the ballerina company while they were at the orientation and also at the fact that she never went to the orientation herself. 

 

Momo lets out a noise of both annoyance and defeat as she started to walk towards the direction of where she thought the gym was. Dahyun calls out her name and Momo turns to face her with her fists clenched. “Yes?” She asked, clearly in annoyance. 

 

Dahyun points at the actual direction they were going which was the other way. “The gym is over there…” She whispered out, already wincing to herself that she made the latter angrier and the older girl stomps past her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That wasn’t so hard now, was it?” Dahyun tried to lighten the mood and lightly joked as she eyed the older girl up and down, thinking the basketball clothes suited her. 

 

Momo frowned in frustration and lets out another sigh of defeat as she asked the girl to just bring her to Mina. Dahyun silently nodded and led the way to where the orientation was being held. They enter the building and Momo could feel the stares of other people since she knew the only reason people were looking at her was the basketball player in front of her. 

 

“You’re very popular.” Momo commented under her breath and saw the latter shrug her shoulders as if it was nothing. 

 

“I guess.” Dahyun murmured back, not really fond of the fame and apologizes every time she bumped shoulders with others who were more than glad to be bumped by the famous basketball player. Momo politely smiled at the people who were standing by booths that were promoting their clubs, all of them possibly thinking she was an upcoming university student and Dahyun even waves at some people that she recognizes, one of them including Seulgi who was standing at one of the booths. 

 

Dahyun recognizes the Maths major in the crowd with the ballerina beside her as she sighed out relief and looked back to Momo to indicate that she found them. 

 

Mina thought the university was very nice, especially the people that Sana introduced her to were very nice. She has already met some people that were also going to be in the same major and had small talk with them, all of them telling her that they were excited to see her dance. Mina looked around the place that was crammed with students since she was very shy to make eye contact with the people that were in front of her, talking to Sana and gasped when she saw her lovely girlfriend with… 

 

“Dahyun…?” Mina whispered out in confusion at the sight of the two even standing next to each other and Sana mirrored her look, also whispering out in disbelief. 

 

“Momo…?” She tilted her head at the two who approached them, wearing similar gym clothes. She was thinking about why on Earth were they near each other and also why were they practically wearing the same clothes? 

 

Momo first greeted her significant other with a tight hug and Mina quirked an eyebrow at the unfamiliar smell. “What are you wearing?” The ballerina teased with a wide smile and then glanced at Dahyun who was awkwardly standing behind the girl. 

 

“I’m wearing the ‘Lucky Seven’ clothing line.” Momo confidently poses, mentioning Dahyun's nickname that was rarely used nowadays and her bad mood instantly disappears because of the ballerina in front of her and glanced at the basketball player who grinned in return. 

 

“Why?” Sana asked with curiosity, walking closer to place her hand on Momo’s bare shoulder that was revealed from the jersey tank-top and felt slightly damp. The Maths major basically ignored the others that she was talking to and directed her attention towards her guest-mates. 

 

“It was raining really hard and yeah…” Dahyun trailed off, not wanting to be reminded of her favourite umbrella being destroyed by that angry driver. 

 

Sana and Mina weirdly looked at the basketball player that was acting weirdly and both of them shrugged their shoulders, choosing not to question it. Mina wrapped her arms around the tiny waist of her girlfriend and snuggled her face in the latter’s neck, taking another sniff. “You smell different.” She commented, taking in a whiff of Dahyun’s perfume.  

 

Sana rolled her eyes and nudged the ballerina’s back. “Yah, that’s Dahyun’s scent.” She reasoned to her, not wanting for Momo to get jealous and then approached the mentioned girl who showed a small smile. 

 

“Hello, Dahyunnie~ ” The Maths major smiled, almost blinding the latter with her white teeth. Ever since they made up, things have gone back to normal for them but sometimes, the basketball player can’t help but doubt Sana’s behavior around her. “What made you want to come here?” She wiggled her eyebrows and Dahyun took a sharp breath, covering for only the latter to see. 

 

“Let’s just say my umbrella got destroyed and we were getting chased by an angry man in a car.” She whispered in response, not wanting for Mina to hear and start panicking. She knew the ballerina was very protective of Momo. 

 

Sana chuckled in amusement, always thinking Dahyun had the weirdest stories and slung an arm around the girl (in a friendly way of course). They received intense glances from Dahyun’s crazy fangirls that stood near them and the basketball player felt uncomfortable as she moves the latter’s arm off of her, only wanting to protect her from others. 

 

She shoots an apologetic look and whispered. “I’m gonna go say hi to Seulgi.” She quietly announced before looking over at the couple that are still hugging each other and slightly rolled her eyes at the PDA. Dahyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter