chapter 12

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina softly knocked on the door, it was four in the afternoon and she was the only one to notice that Chaeyoung skipped two of her meals. She tried to ask Jihyo if she attempted to contact the girl but she said nothing and looked disappointed. The ballerina frowned when she heard no answer and tried knocking again. Sana’s mood really did affect everyone in the next day, she didn’t realize that the Maths major was like their ball of energy, always cheering everyone up but everyone got so caught up that they forgot Sana needed to be loved as well. If only Tzuyu was here, she knew that the Taiwanese would try everything to make Sana happy. Mina knocked again, making a louder sound as she whispered. 

 

“C’mon, Chaeyoung. I know you’re in there.” She gritted her teeth in frustration and continued to knock until she heard the sound of a ‘click’ noise. She retracted her hand, expecting for the girl to open the door but waited another minute, only to face the door. Mina raised her brow in confusion, thinking that maybe Chaeyoung must’ve unlocked the door but chose to not open it. 

 

Mina slowly opens the door to see Chaeyoung covered in her blanket, clearly not wanting any light to be emitted into the room. The younger girl hissed at the contact of the light from outside the room and Mina rolled her eyes in annoyance. “You got to be kidding me.” She deadpanned before ripping the curtains open, letting the light flow in and Chaeyoung completely engulfs herself in the blanket. 

 

“Are you seriously doing this right now!?” The ballerina asked in disbelief and Chaeyoung silently glared at her. “You haven’t eaten since last night and now you’re acting like a vampire!” She scolded, ripping the latter’s blanket away and Chaeyoung pouts at the missing warmth of her blanket. 

 

“Why do you care?” The Music major asked in a cold voice and Mina looked at her, slightly offended at the sudden behavior. 

 

She clenches her jaw and spat out. “Because you’re currently the youngest in this house and you’re clearly acting like it with this attitude.” Mina furrowed her brows at the latter who scoffed out with a low chuckle.

 

“Are you here to throw insults at me or…?” Chaeyoung stretched her arms and legs out, clearly annoyed that Mina had to barge into her room and make her mood even worse. 

 

Mina huffed out as she turned around, ready to walk to the door. “There’s this huge feast waiting for you downstairs, so go eat it.” She commanded with an emotionless voice, not taking no for an answer before complaining again. “Gosh, you act like a teenager sometimes.” She ticked her tongue, ready to leave the room until she heard Chaeyoung speak up from behind. 

 

“I’m meeting my parents.” Mina felt her body go tense as she froze. The memories of her meeting with her parents flashed in her head and she instantly closes the door so that her and Chaeyoung can have some privacy.

 

 She quickly turned around with a serious look. “What does that mean?” Chaeyoung mirrors the same expressions as she gripped her own fists, feeling the nails digging into her skin. 

 

“It means the meal of my life.” She sarcastically says with a small laugh, a nervous smile forms on her face but Mina doesn’t look amused. Chaeyoung’s face suddenly goes blank at the serious look the latter was giving her. 

 

“They’re not hurting you, right?” Mina carefully asked, reminded of when her father harmed her in the restaurant. 

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head, staring straight into her eyes and silently telling the girl that she was serious about her answer. “No, I don’t think they’ll hurt me like that…” She whispered as she eyed Mina’s wrist, thinking about when Momo told her the story of Mina’s parents coming to Korea. Chaeyoung starts to regret for saying and silently winced. 

 

Mina becomes self-conscious of her wrist and hid it behind her back, looking shyly at the latter. “Then, why are you telling me this?” She asked in confusion since her and the latter has never really talked so seriously with each other and Chaeyoung heaved a long sigh. 

 

“Because I thought you out of everyone would understand the struggles of wanting to pursue your own dream, but the only thing stopping you is your parents.” Chaeyoung spoke in a faint breath and Mina frowned, feeling sympathetic for the Music major. Mina realized that maybe her and Chaeyoung had a lot in common. 

 

Mina slowly nodded her head and furrowed her brows in deep thought. “Have you told Jihyo?” She first questioned before offering her crazy proposal and Chaeyoung shakes her head in denial, she didn’t want the mentioned girl to be focused on this. They both had bigger problems with trying to actually be together. “Then, I can accompany you if you want.” She sighed out in slight defeat and the latter widened her eyes at the sudden and surprising offer. 

 

She takes a little step closer towards Mina and tilted her head in disbelief. “What?” She questioned, clearly not comprehending what the girl was offering and Mina rolled her eyes. 

 

“Me.” The ballerina points at herself. “You.” She then points at Chaeyoung. “We sit together, eating a meal with your parents and I will go through this hurtful punishment of being forced to listen to them talk about how you could do better at something else.” Mina strongly states in the latter’s face, already knowing how these type of meals went and Chaeyoung felt gape at how dead-on Mina was. 

 

“H-how did you know?” She stuttered out in shock, thinking the latter was some sort of psychic and Mina raised her brows once as she showed a sly smile. 

 

“This isn’t my first rodeo.” Mina states with a new profound confidence building up and she smiled at the younger girl as she patted her broad shoulders. “Tell me when you have to leave and I promise I won’t tell Jihyo… But Chaeyoung?” She called out her name and the girl perked up at her, earning a hum in response. “I think its better if you tell her, it really helps with the whole coping process.” Mina subconsciously smiles to herself as she thought about Momo who was always encouraging her to become a ballerina and such. Although, she didn’t exactly tell the girl and instead, Momo ended up witnessing the whole thing in person. She was still glad that she had her beloved one by her side.

 

Chaeyoung smiles to thank the girl. “Thank you, Mina.” She bowed her head and looked back at her. “Who cooked that feast you talked about earlier?” She assumed that was probably the whole purpose of Mina coming into her room. 

 

The latter hummed to herself, pretending not to know for sure. “Hmmm, I think ahjussi did it.” She blatantly lied before leaving the room and reminding herself that it was her who made the feast for Chaeyoung. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I knew there was something weird going on between those two!” Momo slammed the table, almost spilling their drinks everywhere and Sana takes cover to prevent from getting scalded by the hot liquid. She also gave apologizing looks at the other customers at the cafe for their disruptive behavior. “You should’ve seen how weird Chaeyoung was acting the whole time when Dahyun first came.” The latter shouts in an accusing manner and Sana took a sip of her green tea. 

 

“I know, Momo. That’s why I’m telling you this because I did see all of it.” She slowly states again, feeling like she’s been over this a million times and the latter takes a sip out of her coffee. “I can’t believe that Dahyun used to act like that.” Earlier, Momo told her more of the rumors that were spread around the campus by the girls Dahyun has slept with.

 

Momo quirked an eyebrow at the girl. “I hope that you didn’t fall for her charms.” She says with a hint of seriousness evident in her voice, feeling that maybe the latter was thinking about this too much and Sana repeatedly waved her hands to deny the statement. 

 

“No way, I would never! I promised Tzuyu I would wait for her.” The Maths major furrowed her brow, feeling a little stressed out and Momo notices this as she takes the latter’s hand, rubbing soft circles. 

 

Sana’s expression softens at the action as Momo whispered to her. “I’m sorry I had to tell you all of that, I know you just wanted to become Dahyun’s friend to comfort her.” She genuinely apologized for spilling everything about Dahyun last night with all of the rumors she heard about the girl. “I don’t get it, how do people even sleep with that girl?” She showed a look full of pure confusion. “Dahyun can act so weird at times and I don’t see anything charming about that basketball player.” Momo voiced out her thoughts on the mentioned girl, thinking she would never even allow for Dahyun to get that close to her. (a/n: the jokes on you Hirai Momo) 

 

There was one question bothering Momo ever since Sana told her about Dahyun and Chaeyoung. “Do you think Dahyun loved her?” She asked with curiosity, looking ahead of the “player” nickname and knowing that the girl must’ve had a heart. 

 

Sana slowly nods at the girl, earning a look of surprised from the latter. “I don’t think she loved her, I think she still loves her.” She bluntly answered and Momo quietly gasped at the answer. Sana could tell the basketball player has been broken ever since Jihyo and Chaeyoung came home from that retreat, but the only thing that made Dahyun happy was Sana. The Japanese was there to comfort her at her worst and Sana thinks she made the worse mistake of doing so. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihyo walked to the kitchen to see Chaeyoung scarfing down the food that was neatly placed on the table for her. She grinned at the tiger cub and took a seat beside her. “Hey.” Jihyo simply greeted before flicking off a piece of food that was stuck on the corner of Chaeyoung’s mouth. The girl giggled, her mood is all of the sudden lifted and Jihyo was shocked to see her so happy. “You seem very different from last night.” She says, reminding her of when she ignored Jihyo because of last night’s event. 

 

Chaeyoung suddenly frowned and apologized. “I’m sorry I acted like an , I guess I have mood swings at times.” She realizes on the spot, making her eyes pop out and Jihyo giggled at how cute she looked as she ruffled the girl’s hair. 

 

“It’s about time you noticed that.” Jihyo joked with a dramatic voice before taking a bite out one of the dishes that were on the table. “Do you want to talk about last night?” She carefully asked, making Chaeyoung pause in between her grabbing more food on her plate. 

 

The girl had filled with food and then harshly swallowed it down before answering. “Uh, I just got emotional seeing Sana all sad, that’s all.” Chaeyoung quickly lied, praying that the older girl wouldn’t notice and she succeeds when she sees Jihyo shrug her shoulders like it was nothing. Chaeyoung wasn’t ready to tell Jihyo about her past relationship with Dahyun, she was sure that the latter hated the basketball player because of her suddenly coming in here and stealing everyone’s hearts like her father’s, but she does plan on confessing in the future. 

 

“Do you have any plans for today? I was thinking we could maybe try that secret date.” Jihyo teasingly suggested with a knowing look and Chaeyoung instantly smiles at the idea but it disappears when she remembered that she had to go to dinner with her parents. Chaeyoung looked apologetic again and Jihyo groaned out with a frown on her face. “You’re busy, aren’t you?” She was disappointed since she was really excited to date behind her father’s back. 

 

“I’m sorry, sunbae.” She apologized again and Chaeyoung felt guilty that she had to push the girl away because of her personal problems. “I’ll make it up to you.” She held her hand, placing a light kiss on it. “Maybe you can spend the day with ahjussi?” She suggested that made Jihyo’s eyes light up as she eagerly nodded, liking the idea. Chaeyoung felt her shoulders droop down from the sudden tension, relieved that Jihyo didn’t question where she was going. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina puts on a black dress that was simple and not very fancy. She really didn’t want to be the highlight of the show for tonight’s dinner. She breathed out as she looked at the mirror. 

 

You got this, Mina. You’re going to look out for Chaeyoung and make sure nothing happens to her. 

 

The last thing the ballerina wanted was a repeat of last time when she met her parents. Meanwhile in the other room, Sana was talking to Tzuyu on the phone, quietly confessing about everything she knew about Chaeyoung and Dahyun. “Does this mean I have to beat up someone?” Tzuyu plainly asked, making the latter giggle at how “concern” she sounded. 

 

“No, Tzuyu.” She knew the girl was just joking and imagined her smirking to herself, however, the Taiwanese was eternally freaking out at the news. She didn’t know anything about this and she clearly didn’t see any of the signs and started to think back to the day when Dahyun got slapped. Was it really Jeongyeon who slapped the girl? She started to doubt everything and her thoughts were interrupted when she felt her sister nudging her side. 

 

“I want to talk to her!” She exclaimed in pure excitement and Tzuyu rolled her eyes at her little sister. Ever since Jieqiong saw Sana on her phone’s wallpaper, she couldn’t stop shutting up about wanting to meet the girl who stole her sister’s heart. 

 

Sana was surprised to hear the high-pitched voice and assumed that it was indeed the two sisters fighting over the phone. “I’m trying to talk to her you ostrich!” She heard Tzuyu yell out in Chinese, not understanding a word but she could understand the annoyed emotions that were delivered in the yell. 

 

She then heard her little sister refute back. “Be quiet, you stupid Yoda!” Jieqiong complained in fluent Korean, obviously wanting Sana to hear her amazing nickname for her older sister before she tried to grab the phone and Tzuyu raises it up as high as she could, clearly using her height as an advantage. Sana smiles to herself, feeling that sense of family that she would never feel since she is an only child. 

 

“Tzuyu-ya, I’ll talk with little Tzuyu.” The Taiwanese heard over the phone and looked disgusted as she spoke on the phone, pushing Jieqiong’s head towards the ground. 

 

“She’s nothing like me, she’s an ostrich.” Tzuyu argued with a loud mouth and stuck her tongue out at the little girl who was trying to reach the phone with her tiny arms. 

 

“And you’re a Yoda.” Sana argues back with a sly look forming on her face. Tzuyu grunted in frustration that the Japanese was siding with her sister she’s never met and she requested to make a FaceTime call. The older girl tells her little sister to calm down as they sat on Tzuyu’s bed, patiently waiting for Sana to appear on the screen. 

 

Sana appears on the screen as beautiful as she is and Tzuyu instantly blushes at the godly sight. Jieqiong’s eyes perked at the girl and she thought her sister was right about this girl. She was really beautiful. Jieqiong started to speak in fluent Korean since when she was really young, her parents sent her abroad to study in Korea. “Hi, you must Minatozaki Sana. Tzuyu loves to babble about you, she talks about how beautiful you are and stares at your pictures for days— “ Her voice turns into muffled screams for help when Tzuyu shoves one of the pillows into her face. 

 

Tzuyu sends a quick glare at her little sister and looked at Sana. “She was just joking.” She nervously smiled and Sana sends her a knowing look, reminding herself to tease the younger girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter