chapter 11

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: yeah I hate to say this but this chapter is a little sad... 

Momo and Mina have been keeping their relationship secret for quite a while. They wanted to confess to JYP but the man seemed to be so distracted by Jihyo and Chaeyoung. Momo isn’t even sure if all of the guest-mates knew about the two. She knows that Sana and Jeongyeon know, possibly Nayeon knows because of Mina but what about the others? She shrugged off the stressful thoughts and curled up in her bed alone. It turned out Momo forgot that she had no work today and wanted to surprise Mina but it seemed the ballerina went out, leaving Momo alone. As much as she wanted to hang out with the girl, Momo really did miss her Momo time. 

 

She sighed in content and cuddled one of her stuffed animals, closing her eyes. It wouldn’t kill her to take a nap. 

 

“Hey.” She heard a very familiar voice but ignored it, thinking it was her sleep-deprived imagination. But the voice was louder than her thoughts. “Hey!” The voice yelled out again and Momo opened her eyes, slowly turning her head to where the voice was from. She furrowed her brows in confusion when she didn’t see anyone but saw that her closed door was opened. 

 

It must be Dahyun and the ahjussi talking outside... 

 

Momo was too lazy to close the door so she laid her head on the side of the bed, snuggling her stuffed animal closer and closed her eyes again. Momo then heard the voice again. “Hey.” It was a soft whisper and it was making Momo go crazy. 

 

Her eyes fluttered open and she screamed out loud when she saw Chaeyoung’s face up close. “AHHHHHHHH— Son chaueojnf!” The Music major covered and Momo instantly stops yelling to the girl’s hand. 

 

They both heard footsteps going up the stairs and Chaeyoung places her index finger to tell the latter to be quiet. Momo weirdly looks at her and heard JYP enter her room, looking at her in concern. 

 

“Are you okay, Momo-ssi!?” He breathed out, tired from running and the mentioned girl slowly nods.

 

“Yeah, it was just Chaeyoung playing tricks— “ Momo was about to gesture to the smaller girl that was in her room but paused when she suddenly disappeared. “SHE WAS JUST HERE!?” She yelled out in disbelief, looking around the room where there was no trace of the girl.

 

JYP sighed in relief. “That’s impossible. That brat has been locked up in her room ever since we fought with each other.” He explained with a slight frown and placed his hands on his hips. “BUT THAT METHOD ISN’T GOING TO CONVINCE ME!” The man suddenly yelled out for Chaeyoung who he assumed was in her room, shocking Momo who was in her bed with her stuffed animal. 

 

“But ahjussi, she was just here!” She tried to convince and pointed at where she remembered the girl was standing before disappearing but JYP chuckles in amusement. 

 

“Aigoo, good thing you have a break today Momo. You poor thing.” He sympathized with the girl that looked very tired (and slightly crazy) and left the room before closing the door for Momo so that she wouldn’t be disturbed. 

 

Momo felt gape to herself as she muttered, fidgeting with her stuffed animal. “I swear she was here!” She furrowed her brows and heard the girl’s voice again. 

 

“Oh gosh, you really need to clean under your bed.” Chaeyoung coughed out, getting the dust out of and crawled from under the bed. Momo perked up in happiness, happy that she was sane the whole time and helped the latter up from the floor. 

 

Momo’s smile turns to a stern look and repeatedly slapped the latter’s arm a million times. “Jesus Christ, Chaeyoung! What the hell are you doing!?” She whispered in disbelief and the latter slightly grinned at her. 


“I just wanted some company. Pretending that you’ve been locked in your room for three days is lonely.” The girl cutely pouted but that didn’t work on Momo as she continued to beat up the younger girl for scaring her and instead of slapping, she resorted to punching. After a very punishable beating and Chaeyoung whining for the latter to stop, they sat comfortably on Momo’s bed. 

 

“How did you sneak out?” Momo questioned with curiosity, hoping to learn a little something that may be helpful in the future. She thought of the possibilities and there were two ways of getting in and out of most of the rooms in this house. The door… And the window… She distinctly remembered that Chaeyoung had a window in her room. “Don’t tell you jumped out of the window…” She whispered in a low tone, looking at the girl who was smiling like crazy. 

 

“This house has a terrace, I’m surprised that none of us went out on it.” She paused and cracked her fingers for the pleasure of the sounds. Momo cringed at the sounds, not liking one bit of it and went back to looking at Chaeyoung. “Technically, I did jump out of the window.” Chaeyoung simply explained, earning another scolding punch from Momo. 

 

“You’re crazy!” She repeatedly grumbled like a mother. “How have you been eating?” Momo asked in slight disbelief since she hasn’t seen the girl at the dinner table in three days. Chaeyoung patted her stomach and simply stated that she had an iron stomach but Momo raised an eyebrow, demanding for the real answer. 

 

Chaeyoung sighed out in defeat and slightly rolled her eyes. “Fine, Jihyo secretly gives me food out on the terrace.” 

 

“Is that like your secret spot?” Momo teased as she nudged her friend with her elbow, imaging two star-crossed lovers meeting in the middle of the night on the terrace and the latter blushes in embarrassment. Chaeyoung makes an action to silently tell the girl to keep it a secret and Momo eagerly nodded like a school girl that was fingerling over her best friend’s love life. “Do you think I can use it as well?” She shyly asked.


“Of course!” She exclaimed but slowly nods her head in confusion. “Why do you want to use it?” The oblivious girl asked and Momo remembered that Chaeyoung doesn’t know about her relationship with Mina. 

 

“Wow, you really don’t know…” Momo mumbled to herself, earning an even more confused look from Chaeyoung. “Looks like you’re going to need an update of everything that’s happened since you left.” She clapped her hands together and Chaeyoung groaned in relief. 

 

Chaeyoung dramatically lies on the bed. “Finally, someone that will tell me.” She rolled her eyes and took one of Momo’s plushies from the pile nearby as she started to hug it. “Start off when you actually started to use that mouth of your’s to talk to other people.” She demanded, her curiosity has been killing her ever since she heard the latter openly speak during her first dinner back from the retreat. 

 

Momo took a deep breath, the memories of that wretched day flashed back. “Well, I was at work…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung felt like her whole life was caught up to date after her talk with Momo. She couldn’t believe that Momo and Mina were together and actually liked each other the whole time, Chaeyoung must’ve been really oblivious to not notice the signs. She also couldn’t believe Mina’s parents would do something like that but it reminded her of her own parents. How her parents forced her to take business classes in high school and Chaeyoung had no choice but to agree since she was so young. Then, university was coming around and Chaeyoung was proudly getting her diploma. She had this whole plan set out, she was going to go study music at the University of Seoul but her parents wanted her to become an accountant. She doesn’t know why but Chaeyoung’s parents thought that by forcing her to stay in this guest-house, her mind might change but it was the total opposite. After meeting Jihyo, her passion to become a musician grew stronger and she indirectly thanks her parents for forcing her in this place because of that and that she got to meet Jihyo in the first place. However, that won’t change the discussion of their talks the next time they meet because they’re going to ask about Chaeyoung becoming an accountant. 

 

Chaeyoung huffed in tiredness and crept over the terrace. She slowly opens the window that leads to her room and was shocked to see her bedroom door open. 

 

What the…That was supposed to be locked!? 

 

Her eyes went wide when she saw the locks were cut by some mechanic’s tool and saw JYP in the corner of her room, smirking at her. “I caught you.” He knew that something was up with the latter and he also knew of Jihyo “secretly” bringing food to the girl. “From now on, no more locks and…” He was walking to the door but paused to slightly turn his head at her. “I will allow you and Jihyo to be in the same room but I still don’t agree to the idea of you two dating…” He whispered faintly before leaving her room and Chaeyoung’s mouth dropped out of shock. 

 

Did that just happened…? 

 

It felt like a dream, Chaeyoung felt like jumping up and down in joy. A grin appeared on her face as she lunged for her phone on her bed and started texting Jihyo. 

 

[Chaeng Chaeng Chaeng] 

Your father just broke in my room but I have great news! 

 

She patiently waited for the latter to text back. 

 

[Sunbae] 

I know, Chaeyoung… I’m only one floor below. I could hear everything. 

 

Jihyo giggled to herself, knowing that her talk with her father must’ve influenced him to do this. 

 

Instead of talking at home, the father-daughter duo decided to talk somewhere else outside so that they could be given full privacy. It was unexpected of Jihyo’s father to bring her here. They pulled up in the cemetery and the aura was suddenly dark, Jihyo knew this cemetery. She’s been visiting this place ever since her mother passed away. They were greeted by some staff that they grew familiar to as they went go back to cleaning the tombstones. 

 

She took note of the familiar pathway and they both walked to her mother’s tombstone. “Father…” She whispered to ask why they were here but JYP raises his hand to silence his daughter. He bowed down to show his respect for his wife and Jihyo does the same behind him. A few minutes of silence passed by with the two of them reflecting and thinking of memories with the body that was buried in front of them and Jihyo felt tears gently flow down her cheeks. She saw her father take out a few tissues for the girl and they decided to sit on a wooden bench that was under this tree. 

 

“Why, father?” Jihyo asked the question that she wanted to ask so badly earlier and the man’s head hung low. 

 

“I wanted your mother to be a part of this conversation.” He muttered under his breath and Jihyo took a sharp breath, feeling like something was repeatedly hitting her heart. It hurts. Her mother’s death hurt her and it pains to see her father like this. JYP quietly cleared his throat and joined his hands together. “When you were young, Jihyo. I remembered when your mother passed away, you would always ask me why the world didn’t love you.” Jihyo frowned at her father, she vaguely remembers saying this. “I always thought you deserved the world and all the love you could get.” His eyes shined at her. “But when you started to get all of those things, it seemed that you forgot about me.” He looked disappointed and Jihyo started to feel guilty, she never knew her father thought like this. “I’m sorry for declining your first love but it happened too fast and I thought because of that, you would end up getting hurt. I thought Chaeyoung would suddenly change her heart.” He admitted and Jihyo slowly placed her hand on his back, side-hugging her father. 

 

“Appa…” She whispered and JYP’s eyes went wide when he heard the name flow out of his daughter’s mouth. He hasn’t heard Jihyo call her that since she was young. “I’m sorry for always pushing you away. I thought that I was a disappointment to you.” She shyly admits and JYP shakes his head in denial. 

 

“Why would you think that? You’re my everything, Jihyo.” He smiled and Jihyo sheds tears again. 

 

“B-because I thought mom was your everything and I-I thought you wouldn’t want me to be around ever since she left.” She whimpered out and JYP could only smile as she engulfed the girl in a hug. 

 

He rubbed her hair down, soothing his daughter. “Your mother was my everything and she still is, but I think she won’t mind now if I direct more attention towards you.” JYP quietly chuckled and Jihyo sobbed on his chest, gripping onto his shirt. 

 

“I miss her.” Jihyo wailed out and JYP felt his eyes welling up as he nodded in agreement. “I regret all of the things I did wrong to her.” She softly whispered out in regret and JYP slightly frowns, thinking back to when his wife was alive. 

 

He felt himself sadly smile as he stared at his wife’s tombstone. “I regret it too.” JYP stated. “I’m going to change for good, I’m going to be a better dad.” He felt Jihyo hug him tighter and the girl smiled against his shirt. 

 

“You’re already a better dad. You just yell a lot.” She ended with a soft chuckle and JYP looks back at her. 

 

“I’ve been told by Dahyun…” The mention of the girl’s name made JYP stop talking. He then pulled Jihyo up to look at her in the eyes. “I’m sorry for treating you like that. You’re my daughter, you deserve my attention and love more than Dahyun-ssi.” He admitted with an ashamed frown and Jihyo starts laughing like crazy. 

 

“It’s okay, appa. I don’t mind if you treat Dahyun like that, in fact, I’m glad that you found someone who has the same common interests as you.” Her laughter dies down. “However, I guess you could treat me more like your actual daughter.” Jihyo says with a sarcastic voice that hinted the man that his daughter maybe was jealous with how he acted around Dahyun and he chuckled in amusement, messing up her hair. 

 

“I think I understand…” He raised a brow and Jihyo widely smiled at him. “I’m glad we had this talk, it’s been a while since we’ve actually talked.” JYP admits and Jihyo nodded at him, her tears drying up. 

 

She stared at her mother’s tombstone, realizing how empty it looked around it since they didn’t bring any gifts. “We forgot to bring her favourite flowers and snacks.” She showed a sad smile and her father follows her line of sight that was directed at the tombstone. 

 

“Well, we came a week earlier than usual. Next week, we will bring all of her favourite things.” He planned as he a made mental note to remember that and Jihyo felt her smile growing wider. They both stood up, walking side by side and headed out of the cemetery. 

 

“Does that mean you’ll accept Chaeyoung?” She eagerly asked with hope in her eyes, interrupting the comfortable silence and JYP laughed out loud in return. 

 

“I’ll accept the brat but that doesn’t mean I’m going to make it easy for her.” He says with a mischievous glint in his eyes and Jihyo gently pushed the man away from him. 

 

She scoffed out to herself in amusement. “Now, that’s my appa.” 

 

——

 

“You really didn’t have to come.” Dahyun awkwardly scratched her head and fiddled with her basketball in the other. She stood in front of Sana where she sat on the benches, watching the basketball players practice before the game started. The loud sounds of basketball shoes squeaking and there were people having conversations in the crowd, most of them about betting who would win this game. Sana took notice of the basketball player’s fangirls that were glaring at the two of them and Dahyun silently tells her to not let them catch her looking back or else, they would go crazy at the Maths major. 

 

Sana showed an encouraging smile and pumped her fist. “Don’t worry about it. I promised you that I would cheer you on so here I am.” The girl spoke with a genuine tone and it made Dahyun’s heart slightly melt at the caring action. 

 

Dahyun felt a sweaty hand tug her arm and turned around to see Seulgi smirking at her as she eyed her captain and the pretty girl she was talking to. “Coach needs us now.” She quickly stated and kept her smug look on. Seulgi looked up and down at Sana, obviously checking her out and Dahyun grits her teeth at her teammate. 

 

“I’ll be there in a second.” She grunted before harshly pushing Seulgi away and looking apologetically at Sana who looked uncomfortable of what happened. “Sorry, unnie…” Dahyun murmured and the latter shakes her head in denial. 

 

“It was nothing. Go get them, Dahyun-ah.” She pumped her fist again to do a “fighting” and Dahyun mirrored the same action and puts on a bright smile as she ran towards her team, dribbling her basketball as she did so. She stands beside Seulgi who keeps shooting her teasing looks, they both quietly talk as their coach began to babble about teamwork and sportsmanship. 

 

Seulgi kept her eyes at the coach and mumbled under her breath. “She’s hot.” She smirked at the latter who was known to be a player. 

 

Dahyun felt her eyes go wide and her breath erratically starts heaving. She then gulped to herself, feeling both embarrassed and angry at her friend. “I’m not like that anymore, Seul. I’ve changed.” The captain stated and Seulgi has a suspicious look forming on her face.  

 

“All I’m saying is she’s hot and I’ve noticed you two are getting close.” Seulgi encouraged, wanting for her captain to be in another relationship that she feels will go well before going to back to directing her full attention towards their coach. Dahyun furrowed her brows in deep concentration as she looked at the shiny floor. 

 

I’ve never noticed that about Sana and I...

 

She’s just a friend and only a friend. She belongs to Tzuyu. 

 

Dahyun firmly nodded to herself, telling herself that she should stay away from the Japanese at all costs and the coach weirdly looks at her as he finished talking. “Dahyun, are you going to say anything?” He wanted the latter to add on to his pep-talk and the girl stutters for a second. 

 

“Uh… Do your best?” She questioned before quickly putting her hand in the middle and the others shrugged their shoulders as they gave each other encouraging pats on the shoulders and placed their hands on top of Dahyun’s. They do their team chant and sep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter