chapter 23

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hey so I'm noticing some newcomers which I'm surprised about but yes to repeat, the story's ENDING does end up with the main ships that are in the tags. But the focus is really how they become a couple, so you guys see there are some side ships. That just makes the story a little interesting. Have you ever seen the show Reply 1994? The story is actually based on the plot of the show! So, I hope you guys be patient because I remember asking before and a lot of have commented that you wanted me to take it slow with the story and to not rush the couples but fair warning: there is one couple that is slightly rushed. 

“Jihyo?” Mina knocked on the bedroom door. It was midnight and usually, most of the guest-house members were asleep or pretending to be asleep so ahjussi wouldn’t yell at them in the middle of the night. “It’s me, Mina.” She made sure to introduce herself in hopes that Jihyo wouldn’t ignore her. She continued to knock on the door until she heard a faint whisper from the room. 

 

“Balcony, right now.”

 

Mina knew that command had to be from Jihyo so she tip-toed up the stairs as quietly as she could and made sure the other people’s doors were closed. The creak of the balcony door was long and painful that Mina cringed for a good second before she stepped out in the humid air. Since it was summer, the nights were crazy sweaty. It was even worse since ahjussi never allowed them to turn the AC so they all had to get fans at the market to cool them down. 

 

She saw Jihyo sitting on a small blanket that the latter brought out for the two to sit on and they met eyes, giving each other a small smile. Jihyo sat on her knees with her hands folded, looking up at the sky that filled with stars. The light gleaming onto each other’s faces, Mina closes the balcony door behind her and takes the empty spot beside Jihyo. The ballerina followed the latter’s line of sight, looking into the stars. “You feeling better?” Mina asked quietly, hugging her own knees. She couldn’t find Jihyo after she ran away but when she was trying to find her around the huge campus, she bumped into a senior ballerina who kindly guided her to the studio. Mina was relieved that she received a text from Jihyo saying she went home because she wasn’t feeling well but truthfully, she should’ve just went to the guesthouse 

 

Jihyo took a deep breath in and nodded with a small smile still on her face. “I think I am but,” She raised her hand with her fingers curling as her anger increased. “She makes me so furious.” Jihyo referred to the basketball player that lived in their guest-house. Mina showed an amused look, she knew Jihyo was always jealous of Dahyun ever since she moved in here. “First, she steals my father. My stupid father who is so basketball-obsessed.” Jihyo started grumbling to herself and Mina couldn’t help laughing at how Jihyo was furiously shaking her head as she talked. “Then, I find out she used to date Chaeyoung!?” She whispered out in disbelief. 

 

Mina patted the latter’s back to comfort her. “There may be eight other girls living in this guest-house but no one can ever replace you as ahjussi’s daughter.” Jihyo looked at her with disbelief in her eyes and Mina nodded to confirm she was saying the truth. “And with Chaeyoung…” She paused, not knowing what else to say. Mina is an observant person and if she’s being honest, she doesn’t know if Chaeyoung and Jihyo will ever be together again compared to the other couples. She knew if herself and Momo were to be in the same situation, they’d always find a way back to each other but it doesn’t seem like Jihyo and Chaeyoung were even trying— It was like they gave up already because of one thing. “Fighting with Dahyun isn’t the only option and it’s not going to get Chaeyoung back, you know if you want to get together with her again.” Mina was unsure and Jihyo nodded, knowing the girl was giving her good advice. 

 

“I don’t know, Mina. I asked if she was still in love with Dahyun and she couldn’t say anything back.” Jihyo admitted, not knowing if she had another chance and Mina was surprised to hear this coming from Jihyo. 

 

“You should move on, Jihyo.” Mina started to rub her back up and down, something that always calmed herself so she hoped it had the same effect on the latter. “Distract yourself, go join a gym or something.” She lightly joked and Jihyo lets out a soft chuckle, nodding again.

 

“So this is it?” Jihyo remembered the first time Chaeyoung came to their guest-house. She was up all night, thinking about the small quiet girl that she wanted to always be friends with. Which is why Jihyo always walked with Chaeyoung to the university every morning, even if it was Jihyo only speaking and Chaeyoung listened as she avoided eye-contact but it turns out it was always something more than that. 

 

Mina pursed her lips out and whispered. “I guess so.” She wrapped an arm around Jihyo and the latter placed her head on her shoulder. Jihyo gave her a vulnerable look that could kill millions of people with the cuteness from Jigglypuff look-alikes. 

 

“Can you cuddle me?” The question made Mina laugh as she revealed her gummy smile, saying she would only do this for the badass softie. 

 

——

 

Sana sat on the armchair in her room with a magazine in her hand, she flipped through the pages delicately and smiled when she saw how peaceful Tzuyu looked when she was asleep. Tzuyu arrived home yesterday after her last checkup with the doctor (and Nayeon who didn’t fail to embarrass the Taiwanese) and Sana has been very protective of her ever since. However, she had a full day of classes and lectures she needed to catch up on and everyone else was also busy with school. Mina said she was going on a date with Momo and knowing those two, their date was going to take the whole day. And ahjussi was off for the whole day, reuniting with an old friend from college. So, Sana thought of the one person who cares about Tzuyu as much as she did. Right on cue, Sana’s phone buzzed and she checked to see it was the person she was expecting from the beginning and was waiting outside the house. 

 

Sana got up from her seat and took another look at Tzuyu who was still sleeping. “Get all the sleep you can,” She cooed quietly and pouting out her lips, then went out of the bedroom to go open the front door. Jeongyeon greeted her quickly before heading to the washroom to wash up. Sana saw the figure through the screen door and smiled at her. “Thank you so much.” She welcomed the latter in and the latter tipped her head at her. Sana was grateful that this person could do this at the last minute, but after finding out she was available for the whole day, she took the opportunity to ask for a big favor. 

 

“It’s no problem.” Elkie gave her eye-smile and checked her phone for the time. “Anything for our Chewy,” She mocked in her impersonation of Sana’s voice and Sana could only laugh at the similar voice she was hearing. 

 

“You are funny.” Sana struggled to talk as she laughed out loud, not caring if her laugh was going to wake up the whole house when secretly she wanted to start a fit with Elkie right now for making fun of her. “You know what to do, right?” The Japanese wanted to make sure that Tzuyu was going to be taken care of well. 

 

“Yes, sir!” Elkie did a salute with her hand and showed her the lengthy text that Sana sent her the night before. “I made sure to memorize everything, I even brought a bag full of mooncakes.” She gestured at her bag that was hanging on her forearm and took one of the pastries out to give it to Sana. “Here you go, don’t spoil your dinner Minatozaki.” She warned in a motherly tone and Sana clapped her hands together, she was a huge fan of Elkie's pastries.  

 

“You are perfect for the job.” Sana complimented, excited to hear later on how the day will go on for the two best friends. Elkie laughed as she gestured at herself in a worthy manner. 

 

“I am Elkie Chong.” The mentioned girl praised herself and Jeongyeon finally finished her business in the washroom and walked out to see the unfamiliar person in their living room. Elkie calmly waved since she was always a people person but Jeongyeon raised a brow in confusion before heading up to her room to get changed and not asking one single thing. Sana nervously chuckled, knowing that the girl sometimes acts like that in the morning. She then leads Elkie upstairs to her room where Tzuyu was starting to wake up and they walked in the room. 

 

Tzuyu rubbed her eyes twice to make sure it wasn’t a dream. “Elkie?” She says in a groggy voice and squinted her eyes at the mentioned girl. Tzuyu was a hundred percent sure that she slept for thirteen hours straight. The last thing she remembered was someone carrying her into the guest-house when they arrived home and she blanked out. 

 

Elkie nodded with a soft chuckle escaping her lips. “Hey bestie, remember me? You know your best friend that you haven’t talked to since you got a girlfriend.” Tzuyu groaned out loud when she heard the annoying voice, now knowing this wasn’t a dream and slammed her head back on the pillow. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was in her room with Nayeon. The older girl was getting ready to go to the hospital. 

 

“You’re going to find someone that can help you out, right?” She was referring to Jeongyeon’s studies and the latter nodded with a content smile. Jeongyeon was glad that Nayeon cared about her so much. 

 

Jeongyeon slipped her hands around the med student’s waist, receiving a soft giggle and pecked the corners of Nayeon’s mouth that grew into the biggest smile. Their eyes stared into each other’s and they gave each other another lovingly smile, Jeongyeon was about to close the gap between them until they heard someone cough at the door. 

 

“Oh my dongsaeng!” Jeongyeon cheered out and pushed away Nayeon to run to the small girl. Chaeyoung tensed at the awkward moment she interrupted and slowly patted Jeongyeon’s back. “I haven’t talked to you in forever.” She admitted and then stepped back to look at the Music major, wanting to see how she was doing. 

 

Chaeyoung slowly nodded, she also missed her talks with Jeongyeon. With everything that was going on, it was like they didn’t have time to interact. Nayeon smiles at the adorable sight of the two and thought one could think they were actual siblings. “Breakfast is ready?” Nayeon guessed with a knowing look and Chaeyoung looked down with a shy expression, indicating the med student guessed right. The eldest in the room clicked her tongue to signal she was heading down to get some food and that left the two together. 

 

“How are you feeling about the...” There was a wary look on Jeongyeon’s face and at the second she dragged off her sentence, Chaeyoung knew what she was talking about. Everyone in the guest-house felt Jihyo’s pain when she found out about Chaeyoung and Dahyun’s past but they were also worried about Chaeyoung since they knew the girl was not the type to show emotions a lot or very well. Jeongyeon knew specifically that her coping mechanisms weren’t the best ones. 

 

Chaeyoung started to get nervous when she joined her hands with the latter. She knew Jeongyeon could read her like a book and she wanted her to be the last person to know about what she did with Dahyun the other night. “I’m doing okay.” She made sure to not show any signs that would make the latter suspicious. “It’s just taking a while for everything to sink in.” It wasn’t a total lie, except Jeongyeon was probably thinking she was talking about her dilemma with Jihyo but it was now mostly her problem with Dahyun. 

 

Jeongyeon smiled again and patted the latter’s head affectionately, showing that she was there for the girl. “Maybe, you can focus on other things now.” That seemed like the most famous line to be said to people who get their hearts broken. 

 

“Hey, now with that gone, you can do everything you desire!” Yeri cheered out as if her best friend didn’t get cheated on and Chaeyoung slumped in the latter’s bed, her eyes swollen from crying so much. The smaller girl frowned to herself before she thought for a minute and stared at Yeri who had an anticipated look on her face. Yeri knew the latter’s relationship may have not been the best lately but now that this happened, she knew Chaeyoung could focus on things she wanted to do such as music and there wasn’t going to be any Dahyun to drag her back. It wasn’t long until the two broke into immense laughter, waking up Yeri’s parents who smiled to each other from their slumber, knowing that a certain someone needed to be around happiness right now. 

 

Chaeyoung could only smile at the fond memory and Jeongyeon roughly patted her back, stopping her train of thought. “Let’s eat before ahjussi yells at us.” Speaking of the old man, it has been a while since he has yelled at them— by a while, Chaeyoung actually meant 2 days. Her mind filled with questions that she thought of asking Jeongyeon, could it be because of her and Jihyo that he hasn’t yelled at them? She stopped herself from asking the questions once she peaked into SaTzu’s room and saw Elkie had Tzuyu in a headlock, horror appeared on the music major’s face, mirroring the other maknae’s face. Elkie had an evil look on her face as she laughed at Tzuyu crying for help and Jeongyeon stopped walking to see the whole mess in the room, her jaw slightly dropping at the woman she has never properly met. 

 

Elkie notices her audience and smiled sweetly when she saw the duo watching her with fear in their eyes. “Oh hey, I’m Elkie, Tzuyu’s best-friend.” She simply explained before painfully rubbing the top of Tzuyu’s head and Tzuyu was whining out for her guest-mates to help her but cursed when she saw Jeongyeon running away and dragging the shocked Chaeyoung along with her. 

 

“So where is Sana-ssi?” JYP calmly asked, wondering where could the Maths major be right now and Mina was the first to answer his question. 

 

“She went to the university early, she said she needed to catch up on school because she was too busy taking care of Tzuyu yesterday.” The statement made Momo roll her eyes and she pretended to vomit on the table, receiving laughter from Mina, Nayeon and JYP, the people who were actually early for breakfast. 

 

JYP looked around and noticed there were a still few absent. He pursed his lips out, losing his temper as he stared at the lovely breakfast that Mina had offered to cook since she was in a good mood today. After all, she was going to go on a date with Momo and she knew it was going to be perfect as always. JYP heaves a long sigh before slamming the table with his fist and yelling out at the top of his lungs. “YOU BRATS, YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW! THIS INCLUDES YOU CHOU TZUYU!” Seconds later, heavy footsteps were heard from upstairs and Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung who had their arms around each other, almost slipped on the floor but recovered themselves and ran to their seats. Dahyun was one-second later than them, her hair was a mess since she could only comb half of it before she heard ahjussi’s voice. She sat down and avoided making eye-contact with Chaeyoung. Nayeon saw the “not-so-obvious” move and weirdly looked at Dahyun who was literally staring down at the floor instead of the delicious food that was in front of her. Meanwhile, Elkie managed to get Tzuyu down the stairs without putting pressure on her sprained ankle and in time before ahjussi reached the number ten. 

 

“Ahjussi, I have a sprained ankle!” Tzuyu exaggerated her injury from the bottom of the stairs, her whole weight leaning on Elkie’s steady body and JYP snarled back, looking through the doorway to see that he had another guest here. 

 

“ it up, Chou!” He yelled like a military soldier and then shot an innocent smile to Elkie who was secretly shaking in fear. She has heard the stories from Tzuyu and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter