chapter 7

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long night of fun and games, the girls fell asleep in the living room after they talked more to get to know each other. JYP came home to nine girls who looked at peace with each other and smiled to himself, knowing that they were starting to get along. At breakfast time, he was so happy with his guests and his daughter that he decided to make a whole feast for them.

 

“Ahjussi, you didn’t have to do this!” Jeongyeon exclaimed in disbelief as she looked around the table filled with plates and bowls of food. Dahyun counted the incredible amount of side dishes there were— There were almost thirty of them. 

 

JYP smiles with his eyes, playing with his chopsticks. “Who said I did it for you?” He teased before diving in his food. The others look at each other in amusement as they also follow along with the man and started eating. 

 

Momo was in pure Heaven, munching on all of her food and even grabbing more as she did so. Tzuyu rolled her eyes at the girl beside her, silently chewing on her food and decided to announce her news to the guests. “I’m going back to Taiwan for the summer.” She stated with disappointment evident on her face and Sana is the first to react to the news. 

 

“WHAT!? AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!?” She shouted out in betrayal, earning a side glare from Jihyo beside her, asking for the girl to be quiet at this time of the day. Sana immediately shuts at Jihyo’s threatening look, allowing for Tzuyu to explain herself. 

 

“It was sudden, okay?” The younger girl whined out, obviously disappointed that she didn’t want to be away from her new friends that she just made— Or more specifically, Minatozaki Sana. 

 

JYP furrowed his brows in disappointment, he was hoping to make some plans with the girls for the summer but knowing that Tzuyu wouldn’t be here to witness them, made him frown in his spot. “The whole summer?” He asked, making the latter nod her head again. JYP heaved a long sigh. “When do you need to go to the airport? I’ll drop you off.” The man offered. 

 

“Tonight…” She whispered out before closing her eyes, already knowing what was going to happen as she covered her ears with her palms. 

 

“WHAT!?” The others yelled out in unison, angry that the girl didn’t say so earlier. Tzuyu shrinks in her seat and Jihyo showed a look of sympathy as she raised her hand, also wanting to say something. 

 

“If we’re going to stop yelling at Tzuyu and start announcing our plans for the summer…” She looked at everyone, whose facial expression softens and they mutter an apology to the girl who took her palms off her ears. “Chaeyoung and I are going to a retreat in the woods this weekend!” Jihyo exclaimed as she pumped her fist in the air, excited that she’ll finally get some alone time with the girl and maybe will confess to her. 

 

“A retreat for what?” Dahyun asked, her voice sounded full of curiosity but she was secretly jealous that the two would be going out in the middle of nowhere with each other. 

 

Chaeyoung shows a small smile, keeping her eyes on her bowl as she scraped her last grains of rice into her spoon. “The Music department is holding it so lots of people will be there.” She stated before putting the spoon full of left-over rice in . 

 

Dahyun felt herself smile at the fact that the girl had just answered her question and looked away to hide the blush that was forming on her face. Sana notices this and thought the sight of the star basketball player blushing was almost cute… 

 

“Any other plans someone would like to share?” JYP asked, looking at the med student and the ballerina who haven’t talked this whole morning.

 

Mina showed a gummy smile at the man. “I would like to travel around Korea and go to the different provinces.” She says with hesitance, wondering if her plan could happen and JYP claps his hands with a fatherly smile on his face. 

 

“Good idea, Mina!” He praised as he pointed at the girl, making the latter giggle at his excitement. “I can arrange for that to happen and then whoever is available at that time can come with us. I’ll be like your tour guide.” 

 

Jihyo snickered to herself. “Watch out, Mina-ssi. You might get lost in Korea with an elderly Korean man.” She muttered to the girl, hoping her father didn’t hear that. 

 

“I HEARD THAT YOU BRAT!” He shouts out, ticking his tongue at the girl in annoyance and Jihyo sticks out her tongue at the man. Everyone else felt smiles form on their faces, almost feeling relieved that the father-daughter duo was yelling at each other again like they used to. “Tzuyu, have you packed your stuff?” He asked with a calm composure and the girl shook her head in disagreement, already seeing that the man was getting angry again. “AISH YOU MAKNAE!” He yelled out in anger and slammed the table with his fists. Mina who hasn’t fully experienced the man be in his natural habit was shocked to see the sight across of her. “GO AND PACK BEFORE I DROP YOU OFF AT THE DUMP INSTEAD OF THE AIRPORT!” He threatened, making Tzuyu abruptly stand up from her chair and ran to her room in fear.

 

“What about you, unnie?” Dahyun looked at Nayeon who has kept quiet the whole time.

 

“I’m working at the hospital like always.” She says, making the latter frown at the fact that the med student doesn’t get many breaks from work. “I’m guessing you’re practicing basketball like always.” Nayeon states in a knowing tone and Dahyun grins at the girl. 

 

“You know me too well, Im Nayeon.” She winked and the latter giggles before a comfortable silence occurred and they only ate their foods. Chaeyoung felt her heart pang in pain from the sight of the two getting along and Jeongyeon seemed to have mirrored the same look as the girl, as they both stare at the ones that once stole their hearts. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You, pabo!” Sana threw a pillow at the girl in anger that the latter didn’t tell her about her sudden trip to Taiwan. Meanwhile Tzuyu showed a calm smile, continuing to pack her stuff and the latter grunts in frustration, catching the girl’s attention again. It took her all of her energy to finish all of the food that she could, that would satisfy JYP who took a long time putting together their breakfast feast. The room already felt empty and Sana didn’t like that feeling. “I’m angry at you.” She pouted and Tzuyu glanced at her, thinking that her roommate was adorable. 

 

The younger girl had a smug smile on her face as she approached Sana who was pouting towards the floor. Tzuyu tilts Sana’s head up with her index finger, replacing the girl’s pout with a shocked expression. “I’m really sorry, Sana. I’ll try to video call every-day.” She promised and Sana brings out her pinky finger. The Biology major chuckled at the cute gesture as she wrapped her own pinky finger around Sana’s. 

 

“I’ll wait for you.” Sana whispered out with her eyes shining and Tzuyu got the message that she wasn’t talking about the girl waiting when she would come back from home. Sana was waiting for something else. The latter felt the corners of creep up as the two continued to stare into each other’s eyes. 

 

Tzuyu slowly nodded at the girl, wrapping her arms around Sana and tightly hugging the girl. The Maths major felt herself sigh in content at the contact and squeezed the younger girl closer to her, never wanting to let go. Sana then courageously pecked Tzuyu’s cheek, earning a furious blush from the girl. 

 

Tzuyu was stunned at the bold action and Sana giggled like a schoolgirl who had just confessed to her crush. The younger girl fanned her face, waiting till she felt the blush had disappeared and tried to look sternly into the girl’s brown eyes but felt herself smiling too much. Her sight was blinded by love and adoration. 

 

Sana tucked her head in the crook of Tzuyu’s neck and the latter protectively kept her arms around the petite body, both of them staying in that position until it was time for Tzuyu to leave. 

 

——

 

The Taiwanese returns home in a safe flight and the Music majors left for their department’s retreat, leaving Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, Sana, Momo and Mina in the Park Residence. It was said by the two oblivious lovebirds who were going to the retreat that they would be gone for a whole week, meaning no JYP yelling at his daughter for no reason. Nayeon has stated that she would be working almost nonstop so her absence in the guest-house would be rare to see in the summer. Jeongyeon almost felt relieved that her ex-best-friend would be gone but also felt lonely, knowing that she wouldn’t have anyone to hang out for the next week. She really did miss her best-friend. Obviously, Dahyun was trying to avoid the short-haired girl until she felt less guilty about making Tzuyu believe that she was behind the blame of Chaeyoung’s doing but luckily she had basketball training to distract her from those thoughts. Meanwhile, Sana was thinking about her plan to get information on Dahyun’s and Chaeyoung’s relationship, hoping to give closure to one of the girls and provide comfort for them. The other two Japanese women were in bliss, knowing that they had the whole summer to spend time with each other and Mina hoped to have a relationship with her ex-roommate. After the “incident” in Nayeon’s and Mina’s bedroom where their two faces were so close that they could’ve kissed right there if it wasn’t for one person… Momo also had the same thought, hoping to move forward in whatever herself and Mina had with each other. 

 

Dahyun looked at the time, noticing that she should start walking to the university if she wanted to arrive at practice on time. She quickly grabbed her A100 Hyperdunk’s and her gym bag, leaving her room with a tank-top and basketball shorts on. Sana who was sitting on the second floor’s lounging area, was interrupted from her short-book and peeked out to see Dahyun locking her room door, making the girl curse since she has been looking for an opportunity to search through her room. 

 

“This girl is really conservative.” She mumbled to herself before slamming her book, placing it beside her as she chased after Dahyun who excitedly jogged down the stairs with her essential things in hand. “Wait, Dahyun!” Sana yelled out, the two were already at the front door and Dahyun puts on her athletic slippers, looking at the latter as she adjusted them. 

 

“Oh, Sana?” She looked puzzled, wondering why the in the world was the girl standing in front of her with those eyes filled with anticipation and hope. 

 

Sana eyed the high basketball socks the latter was wearing, thinking that the girl was really a basketball player and prayed to herself. “I was wondering if I could tag along to your practices.” She asked, shocking the latter from the sudden question that has never been asked by the other guests— Even JYP has never asked to tag along with Dahyun to one of her practices and he actually knew how to play the game whereas Sana does not have a clue on what the rules were. 

 

Dahyun looked at her with wide eyes and then looked at the clock again, realizing that she should probably head out now and reluctantly nodded, earning an excited hop from the girl as she quickly put on her flip-flops. Dahyun slightly shakes her head in both disbelief and amusement at the situation as they walked outside, side by side. They make it out to the streets, having a silent leisure walk and Dahyun decides to speak up. “I’m surprised Sana… I didn’t think you liked sports.” She lets out a nervous chuckle and the latter resists the urge to grunt at the correct assumption. 

 

“Of course, I like sports!” She nervously exclaimed, totally lying to interest the girl beside her. Dahyun quirked her eyebrow at the girl, feeling a fond smile appear on her face as she watched the girl ramble out. “It’s my favourite thing other than… Math!” Sana lied again, earning a genuine laugh from the latter. The truth was Sana has never won a running race in her whole life and was always made fun for the way on how she ran, also her lack of strength wasn’t making her “game” any better. 

 

“I thought your favourite thing was Tzuyu?” Dahyun managed to tease with a couple of winks and Sana felt gape at the girl in shock, realizing that this was her true nature. Dahyun laughed again at her expression, clutching her stomach. “I’m kidding. Forgive me for my weird behavior, it’s not my place to make jokes about you two.” She quickly apologized, her laughter dying down and Sana nods at her. 

 

“It’s okay. I really don’t mind the jokes.” She stated, earning a satisfied look from Dahyun. They continued to walk to the university and Dahyun stops in front of the doors to ask her one question. 

 

Dahyun fidgets with her basketball shoes that she was holding and looked at the latter. “Are you sure you want to come to one of the practices? I mean my teammates can be…” She trailed off, showing an unsure look and Sana finishes her sentence. 

 

“You’re worried that your teammates will spread rumors about us?” She asked, in almost a knowing tone that was the answer and Dahyun felt herself gasp at the girl. 

 

“Y-yeah.” Dahyun stammered out and scratches the back of her head with her free hand. “That’s why I try not to hang out with a lot of people. The people in this university are crazy when it comes to rumors.” She explained with a smile on her face and Sana saw the sadness in her eyes, noticing that the latter must be tired with all of the attention. She also realized that Dahyun really didn’t have a lot of friends, she’s never seen the girl go out of the house to spend time with a friend. 

 

Sana frowned as she gripped Dahyun’s wrist, rubbing smooth circles on her skin. “Don’t worry, I’ll just be leaving now. I have to go to the grocery store for ahjussi anyways.” She simply stated, about to leave, earning a disagreement by the latter. 

 

“N-no!” She stammered out, keeping Sana’s grip on her wrist. Dahyun shows a tight smile and whispered to the girl. “I meant… It’s your choice, Sana.” She quietly says, almost like she was scared someone would overhear the two. 

 

Sana raises an eyebrow in confusion and shot a sly smile. “Have fun at practice, Dahyunnie~” She lets go of her wrist and walked away, leaving Dahyun in her spot gaping at the girl that was walking away. Dahyun felt chills run through her body as she unconsciously blushed to herself, being reminded of the way on how Sana called her name, thinking it was surprisingly cute. She repeatedly shook her head, trying to shrug away the thoughts of the girl, knowing that she would have no chance as she entered through the doors of the university’s courts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung’s feet were aching from the many times that she climbed up a rock with her incredibly heavy backpack. One of the fourth year seniors told them if any of the first years or second years laid their backpack down even just for one second, they would immediately be banished from the Music department. Chaeyoung didn’t know how that could happen but judging from the promising look that Jihyo was giving her, she decided to keep the backpack on, ruining her spine and her already short height. 

 

She stopped to lean on one rock, breathing heavily and heard someone calling at her from behind. “Hoobae, are you going to give up?” Her senior strictly asked her, giving the girl the most threatening look she has ever seen. 

 

Chaeyoung immediately shook her head in denial. “No, sunbae!” She yelled out like a male soldier and the senior gives her a satisfied look, patting her shoulders to cheer the girl up as she continued to climb up the incredibly long mountain. The Music department was to be blamed for Chaeyoung’s repeated use of formalities, she remembered on her first day when she was told if she spoke informally to one of the seniors, she could’ve been cut out of the program once she opened ! It was sort of like Chaeyoung was brainwashed into the respectful habit. 

 

She then felt someone take her bag off her back and was about to yell at the person that she was okay with carrying the heavy bag for what seemed like twenty minutes more until she was faced with Jihyo who showed a plain look. “C’mon, don’t make a big fuss and no one will notice.” She instructed, not wanting for the younger girl to get in trouble and earned an eager nod from Chaeyoung who followed her from behind. 

 

Chaeyoung smiles to herself, feeling herself get giddy at the fact Jihyo was currently helping her in such a cool manner and leaned towards the girl as they continued walking up. “Thank you, sunbae.” She cooed, earning a soft chuckle from the girl who kept her eyes straight ahead. They then both walked in silence, taking in the surrounding nature as they occasionally glance at each other, pretending that they didn’t notice the subtle glances. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sighed as she stared blankly at the TV that wasn’t on. She sat back on the living room’s couch, thinking that the house was quiet considering that seven of them weren’t here. JYP also went out to meet with some old friends and only her and Mina were in the residence. She would ask the girl if she wanted to hang out but Jeongyeon thinks her heart isn’t on good terms with the ballerina scholar. Every-time she thinks about Mina, she thinks about how the girl quickly befriended Nayeon and then she has that weird feeling in her chest. 

 

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Mina stood in front of the TV with her hands nicely placed on her hips. “Jeongyeon.” Mina called out, earning a polite “yes?” from the latter. “How long have you been staring at that TV?” The Japanese woman scolded out like a concerned mother and Jeongyeon is shocked by the concern. 

 

“Eh?” Jeongyeon picked up that expression from Sana. She figured out that many Japanese people say this when they are confused or surprised. 

 

Mina furrowed her brows at the familiar expression used by the latter and stepped closer to her. “Do you not have any plans right now?” She asked, forgetting about her previous question. Jeongyeon shook her head in disagreement, scoffing to herself. 

 

“Are you just making fun of my loneliness?” She asked another question to annoy Mina. 

 

Mina shows a surprised look at the sudden assumption made by the latter. “Why would I do that?” She then states in a serious tone. “There’s nothing wrong with being lonely.” 

 

Jeongyeon’s expression saddens at the serious tone and eyed the girl’s clothing, realizing that it looked fancier. “I’m guessing you have plans.” Jeongyeon correctly assumes, still eyeing the latter’s clothing.

 

Mina blushes, covering her bare shoulders that were shown from her dress. “Yeah, I’m meeting with someone.” She explained, making the girl on the couch quirk an eyebrow at her.

 

“A date?” Jeongyeon never thought of Mina to be the one who would go out and try to search for romance. 

 

“Worse.” Mina shows a shy smile. “My parents.” She deadpanned with a cold look and then left the living room, heading to the front door. Jeongyeon stares at the spot where Mina was standing and thought that she could relate to the latter. Sometimes meeting with your parents wasn’t always the best thing but then the Psychology major thought of something else. 

 

“Wait a minute, isn’t Mina from Japan!?” She muttered to herself in realization that the latter’s parents were here in Korea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Otou-san…” Mina respectfully bowed as she entered the Jokbal restaurant, she thought the name of the restaurant was familiar but decided to shrug it off, thinking she had more problems that were sitting right in front of her. She quickly hugged her mother who shot a warm smile, silently telling for the girl to calm down and Mina takes her seat in the empty spot across of the couple. 

 

“Mina, how is the vacation?” He asked in a plain voice, keeping his sight on the poor selections of food on the menu. Their family butler, Wellington was the one who chose the restaurant and Mr.Myoui will have to punish the elderly man when he returns home for choosing such a poor and unhygienic restaurant. 

 

Mina furrowed her brows in frustration, gripping the menu that her mother had lent her. “It’s not a vacation, otou-san.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter