chapter 8

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: can i just say they look like some pregnant couple BUT ANYWAYS a lot of you in the comments have been pleading me to not rush the couples AND DON'T WORRY I WON'T RUSH THE COUPLES BUT don't be surprised IF ONE of the couples are rushed because it's all about variety in this book.

Did Momo dream of Mina when she fell asleep with Jeongyeon repeatedly scolding the girl to be quieter in the future when the new couple was doing their “business” in the bathroom? It was relevant to say that she in fact dreamt of having a relationship with Mina, her whole future was shown and the girl was happy to dream of it. 

 

She felt a pillow to the face wake her up and opened her eyes to see a stern Jeongyeon who stood above her. “Wake up, Momo. Geez, I don’t know what you and Mina did in the bathroom last night to make you so tired but I’m being serious when I say its better to do it in the bedroom.” She manages to say in a serious voice but judging from the girl’s expression, Momo knew she was just teasing her and it annoyed her that she had to wake up to her roommate saying that disgusting statement. 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that we didn’t have !” Momo frustratedly shouted in the pillow Jeongyeon shoved in her face earlier. Momo swears on her life that her and Mina only made-out. She then ripped the blanket away from her and felt a smile appear on her face, making the latter notice the sudden expression. 

 

“You’re excited to see her, aren’t you?” Jeongyeon wiggled her eyebrows and Momo eagerly nods in response, making her roommate sigh in satisfaction. 

 

She gestured at the grinning girl in front of her, letting out a louder sigh. “Look at you, its like you’re a different person.” She commented on the girl. “You better speak more because you’re going to need to tell me more about the new and improved Momo.” Jeongyeon gave a strict look like a mother scolding her child, earning a loud laugh from the latter. 

 

Momo felt proud and found this new confidence in her when Jeongyeon continued to compliment the girl. Her roommate reminded her of how her father used to always compliment her as a young child and now that she put more thought into it, Jeongyeon was really like one of her parental figures. “Well, try not to make-out with her on the dinner table.” She teased again and Momo blushes at the thought and they both leave their room to head downstairs to the kitchen area. 

 

Nayeon had already left for the hospital and Dahyun went to go for an unexpected run. JYP said it was the coach’s commands or at least that's what he depicted from the girl’s panicked rambles about her endurance. That meant only Jeongyeon, Sana, Mina and Momo were at the empty dinner table and Jeongyeon was getting ready to constantly roll her eyes.

 

Mina met Momo’s eye-contact and Sana asked for the ballerina to sit beside her since Chaeyoung wasn’t here for the rest of the week. The Maths major notices the intense blush and looked at her in disbelief. “Did I miss something?” She asked with pure innocence, looking at the other guests while JYP was in the kitchen, preparing the breakfast. 

 

Jeongyeon shot a cheesy smile at Momo and then looked away to roll her eyes at her roommate’s heart-eyes that were popping out. “Aish, these two lovebirds are really in their own world.” She murmured, looking at the two who were staring at each other (or eye-ing each other) and then at Sana who was in confusion of everything. 

 

“I’m being serious. What happened last night?” She tried to ask Mina again but the latter ignores her, sighing to herself as she leaned on her hand to look at Momo. She then met eye-contact with Jeongyeon who looked annoyed at the couple. “What happened?” Sana asked, feeling herself get frustrated that nobody was answering. 

 

Jeongyeon finally stops looking annoyed at the couple and answered Sana’s question. “They kissed.” She mouthed out, not wanting to snap the two out of their dream world or for JYP to overhear their conversation and Sana gasps in her spot, covering in shock. 

 

JYP comes back from the kitchen with a pot of ramen and everyone eyed the breakfast. The man wasn’t the type to just make ramen for the girls unless he was… “I’m still angry.” He stated, slamming the pot on the table and the others sat back in their seats, not wanting to get their skin burned by the scorching soup that splashed everywhere. Momo looked down in disappointment, considering that she’s never been in trouble before so JYP must be having a hard time grasping the situation. 

 

“But…” He paused as he sat in his original seat, realizing that everyone was on the other side of the table, making him groan to himself. JYP gets up from his seat and sat in the empty spot beside Jeongyeon. “I’m also proud…” He stated and everyone unexpectedly looks at him. 

 

“Eh?” Momo yelped out in surprise and JYP looks at the latter with wide eyes, almost forgetting what he was going to say before the quiet girl opened . 

 

“Did you just say something, Momo-ssi?” He asked with his mouth gaping and the girl shyly nods with a blush forming on her cheeks. 

 

JYP’s blank expression slowly turns into a proud expression as he grabbed one of the small plates he brought from the kitchen, and first gave it to Momo as an action to congratulate the girl. “Wow… Now, I’m super proud of you!” He exclaimed and Momo giggled to herself as she grabbed the plate with two hands. JYP continued to give everyone plates, explaining why he said he was proud of Momo. “When I received a very quick voicemail from Mina saying that you were at the police station, I almost had a heart attack.” He then furrowed his eyebrows to show he was angry. “You could’ve killed me right there!” He yelled out before clearing his throat and went back to speaking in a calm voice. “I thought how could a girl like Momo end up in such a place?” JYP gently places his hand on Jeongyeon’s shoulder. “Then, Jeongyeon-ssi here told me the whole story and I was shocked to hear that you stood up for Mina-ssi but I was also proud. I always knew you were my favourite, Momo.” The man grinned at the girl who returned the action. 

 

“Thank you, ahjussi.” She quietly thanked the man before grabbing some noodles from the pot. 

 

He chuckled to himself, also grabbing noodles from the pot. “Being behind bars must really change you.” JYP joked, earning laughter from the four girls. 

 

Momo suddenly stops laughing and looks at the man with a blank expression on her face. “I wasn’t really behind bars, I was put in handcuffs.” She explained in a calm tone and JYP scoffed at the latter. 

 

“Just stuff your face, Momo.” He playfully demanded, pointing at the ramen and received another wide grin from the girl. 

 

The five continued to have small chit-chat as Mina and Momo shyly glancing at each other with small smiles on their faces and JYP wondered how their maknae was doing in Taiwan. “Have you heard from Tzuyu?” He asked the group but particularly looked at Sana. He knew that the two weren’t official but the signs were there. 

 

Sana nodded her head but she was in disappointment as she looked down. “We’ve already video-called a couple of times but now we only text. I want her to spend as much time with her family… And her dog…” She grumbled in jealousy and Jeongyeon chuckled at the latter. 

 

“Are you jealous?” She teased, amused at the fact that the Maths major was jealous of a dog and Sana resisted the urge to throw her chopsticks at the girl in front of her. Instead, Sana shot a glare and Jeongyeon raised her hands to show her surrender. “It’s only been four days since she left. Chill, Sana.” She told the latter and Sana frowned at her response but ended up pouting cutely to herself.  

 

“Her parents must be forcing her to do everything with them.” Mina guessed the maknae’s situation, earning a nod in agreement from the others. “Speaking of people away, it’s been three days since Jihyo and Chaeyoung left.” She stated and Jeongyeon almost choked on her food, making Momo pat her back in panic. 

 

After Jeongyeon coughed a few times, she cleared . “Sorry, it just that it feels like it has been longer since they left.” She explained herself.

 

Sana quirked an eyebrow in curiosity. “Do you think they’re both doing okay? I heard these retreats can be pretty stressful for the hoobaes, I wonder if Chaeyoung is okay.” She voiced out her thoughts, making JYP laugh out and then showed a serious look. 

 

“These retreats are deadly.” He stated and slurped his noodles. Everyone else looks at him in confusion, wondering why he would say that.  “They make the hoobaes drink like crazy.” JYP lets out an annoyed sound, thinking about how Chaeyoung was probably super drunk right now. 

 

Jeongyeon lets out a sound of realization, thinking that drinking was the most traditional thing to do at a retreat. “Well, good thing Chaeyoung is in her element for the next four days.” She says, thinking about how the shorter girl would never pass down the opportunity to drink. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sunbae... I like you...” The drunk girl slurred at Jihyo. 

 

The latter is shocked by the drunk confession but then sadly smiled to herself as she placed the girl’s head on her shoulder, cooing at her to sleep. “You’re drunk, Chaeyoung. Let’s sleep.” They both sat on the ledge on top of a small wooden structure, looking over the forest and the sunset. Chaeyoung snuggles her head into the latter’s shoulder, feeling herself get comfortable and inhaled Jihyo’s scent. 

 

Jihyo slightly looks over her shoulder to see that Chaeyoung had finally fallen asleep and chuckled to herself at the cute sight. “I think it was a mistake to bring you to this retreat but at least I got to spend more time with you.” She mumbled, not caring if Chaeyoung wasn’t listening. She always knew retreats made the juniors drink like crazy or to the senior’s content. Jihyo would never force them to drink, she just watched as they did so. “I like you too, pabo.” She whispered out in a faint breath but unknowingly to Jihyo, Chaeyoung never fell asleep and smiled to herself with her eyes were tightly closed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina sat in the living room, patiently wait for the right time to do what she has been wanting to do since last night. Momo jogged downstairs, wearing her casual clothes, ready to head to the daycare but then she spotted Mina wearing a pair of leggings and a crop top. Momo bit back her lip to stop herself from going crazy as she approached the girl.

 

“Hey.” Momo first greeted and Mina instantly smiles at her. The latter hops off the couch and eagerly hugged the girl in response, shocking Momo. The daycare worker grinned as she hugs the latter tighter and caressed her hair. “Did you miss me?” Momo teased, earning a quiet giggle from Mina who was placing soft pecks on her neck. Momo bit the corner of her lip at the action, feeling her heart flutter and Mina suddenly shows a sly smirk as she captured the latter’s lips. “M-Mina.” She gasped out as she slowly pulled back, hoping for the girl to stop but her hands didn’t let her. 

 

Mina s her arms around Momo’s neck and continued to peck the latter’s lips. “I know you have to go to work.” She says in between kisses, making the latter even more flustered at the action. “But I did miss you.” She genuinely answered the worker’s question from earlier and Momo shined the brightest smile, gently pushing the girl back who groaned in response. 

 

“I really need to go. I can’t afford the loss of another job.” She joked around, reminding Mina that the girl in front of her lost her job at the restaurant because of her troubles with her family. Mina frowned in sympathy and Momo notices it as she shook her head in denial. “No-no-no, it wasn’t your fault!” Momo quickly assured the latter and nervously chuckled. “Listen, we’ll talk more about this when I get back. Okay?” She asked and Mina nods with a pout, the thought of having to wait for such a long time already bored Mina. They gave each other one quick hug before Momo practically sprinted out of the house, not wanting to be even later than she was. 

 

Sana yelled out from the bathroom on the bottom floor as she stood at the door with her toothbrush hanging in . “OKAY, I NEED AN EXPLANATION RIGHT NOW MISSY!” Mina managed to understand her as she told the girl to finish brushing her teeth so she could explain the situation between her and Momo. 

 

“—That’s what happened last night.” Mina explained in Japanese since they agreed before to speak their mother tongue, both of them worried that they would end up forgetting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter