chapter 6

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: just because I thought you guys needed the "fluff" soooo... ;)

Two weeks have passed since the hectic exam day and now summer break was here and Dahyun was ready to Dance The Night Away but then realized she would have to stay at the guest-house for the whole summer due to the fact that she knew her parents were probably not at home— Like always. She eternally groaned, knowing how much more chaos and drama there will be. Mina has adjusted to the Korean culture and is now improving so much on her Korean that she’s almost better than Sana. 

 

“And that’s saying a lot.” Dahyun held up her hand to cover the one side of , looking at the middle of nowhere, earning a weird look from Jihyo who sat beside her as they were watching TV. They both made sure to be in the room where there was AC. It was incredibly hot in the Park Residence. 

 

Jihyo shrugged off the girl who was talking to herself, thinking it was the heat that was getting to her head and turned up the TV volume so that she could ignore the basketball player. Her hatred for Dahyun was the same as always but recently she’s been with Chaeyoung nowadays, always being the shoulder to cry on whenever she was emotional, which the girl practically was everyday. It’s only been a month since Sana, Dahyun and Tzuyu came, and Chaeyoung has probably changed the most, emotionally. 

 

Well, many could say Tzuyu has changed emotionally as well. She started to grow a liking towards Sana but of course, she would never confess that to the girl who was obviously trying to win her heart. Sana was the romanticist who tried to do everything with her roommate but nothing worked and she still hasn’t gotten anything on Dahyun’s and Chaeyoung’s relationship. It was frustrating her so much that she stopped “investigating” and decided to let Mother Nature do her work. 

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were the most problematic out of everyone. After Nayeon’s confession of her being tired of whatever they had going on between the two best friends, Jeongyeon demanded a room switch so now she was rooming with Momo and Mina ended up switching her spot, and now was rooming with the med student. The best friends barely talked and Momo could add that pair to the list of “Will Never Talk Ever Again In Their Whole Lives” along with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. The Japanese had to admit that she misses Mina in the past two weeks, she was actually making progress with the girl. She had yet to speak with her but Momo admits that Mina was pretty, making her more hooked on her ex-roommate. 

 

“AISH, TURN THAT DOWN YOU BRAT!” JYP yelled out as he burst out of his room, earning a loud groan from Jihyo as she obliged and Dahyun looks at the man with wide eyes, shocked by the sudden appearance. The truth is the two haven’t properly talked since Dahyun came home after Chaeyoung slapped her. 

 

JYP glances at Dahyun with disappointed eyes and then walked into the kitchen. Dahyun looks at him with eyes filled with pity and felt Jihyo slap her leg, letting out a yelp of pain at the contact. “Listen, I don’t like you but my father seems to adore you.” The Music major bluntly confesses. “However, after what happened on that day where you mysteriously get slapped by thin air?” She sarcastically asked, ticking Dahyun off as she glared at the latter. Jihyo rolled her eyes, annoyed that Dahyun still hasn’t confessed who the culprit was. “I think you should talk to him.” She suddenly says, shocking the latter. 

 

“Huh?” The basketball player whispered out and Jihyo rolls her eyes again, showing the whites of her eyes. 

 

“Go talk to him and be the annoying father-daughter duo. Someone in this household needs to act like his perfect daughter.” Jihyo kept her eyes on the TV as she surfed through the channels, acting like she didn’t care about Dahyun. She may hate the girl but she hates the idea of disappointing her father. She knows with all of this drama, he must be stressed. 

 

Dahyun quirked an eyebrow as a smile unconsciously appears on her face. She stands up and glanced at Jihyo who still kept her eyes on the TV. “Thanks…” She muttered with a small smile before speeding over to the kitchen where JYP was just sitting in his usual spot at the dinner table. Dahyun sat beside him like she always did and the man looks at her with lack of emotion. 

 

“Is there something wrong, Dahyun-ssi?” He asked robotically and Dahyun frowned at the thought that JYP thinks she’s only using him to ask for something. 

 

Dahyun shook her head in disagreement. “No, I just wanted to talk… Like the good old days.” She exclaimed the last part as she beamed a smile at him. JYP cocked an eyebrow at her as he looked back at her hands that were clasped on the wooden table. 

 

He heaved a long sigh. “The good old days… I miss them…” He admits, earning a nod from the latter. 

 

“So do I.” She smiled at him and the corners of JYP’s mouth crept up. “Ah, ahjussi!” She suddenly remembered something, her smile still wide as ever. “I never told you that we finally started making a comeback in our games.” Dahyun then frowned, her smile disappearing. “I confess that the losses of our games were my fault. I wasn’t doing my best in the past month.” She shyly confessed, earning a hard pat on the shoulder from JYP. 

 

“Ehh, don’t blame yourself.” He showed a fatherly smile. “There’s a reason why you’re in a team.” He joked as he nudged Dahyun’s arm, earning a laugh from the basketball player. She laughs out loud and covered her face in embarrassment, she was never good at “apologizing”. They both smile at each other as they let out a sigh, both of them feeling a weight off their shoulders. 

 

JYP could see the struggle that Dahyun had when she opened , trying to apologize for her behavior but weird sounds only stammered out of and he shakes his head in amusement, now smiling with his eyes. “It’s okay.” He assured with a soft tone before placing a hand on her shoulder to comfort the girl. Dahyun showed a tight smile to say that she was thankful that he understood and the man clapped in excitement. “Now, tell me all about this amazing game that made you come back from failing miserably!” He says in an ahjussi tone, making the latter chuckle as she explained the whole game— From information about the weather in that specific day to the ecstatic feelings she experienced after the game ended. JYP listened with all of his attention, having a wide smile on his face. 

 

Meanwhile, Jihyo stood at the door, not being noticed by the two basketball fanatics who were in their own world. Of course, she felt jealous at the sight of the two but she found herself smiling, knowing that her father was now smiling like the good old days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Today is my last question, Tzuyu-ya.” Sana reminded the girl in front of her who was eating ice cream that she had treated her to. 

 

Tzuyu’s ears perked at her and Sana bit her tongue to not giggle at the cute sight. “I can’t believe you remember that?” She was surprised for the past month at every time Sana had managed to remember to ask her a question. Some of them were personal and some of them were just weird. 

 

Sana learned about Tzuyu that she had a dog named Gucci whom she loves so much, she has never been in a serious relationship unless you count the time, in the fifth grade, Tzuyu was asked out by a male classmate and they only dated for a day because she realized that she liked girls. Every-time Tzuyu tells her roommate the uality story, Sana’s stomach ends up hurting from laughing too much. She also learned many other things like what would the younger girl do in a situation where she was stranded on an island and such. 

 

The Japanese woman was glad that she solved that ridiculously long Math question because it helped her get to know the latter better, also helping her fall for the Taiwanese even more. However, she always wanted to know the main reason to why Tzuyu’s favourite colour was blue sapphire. 

 

“Ask away.” Tzuyu asked with a spoonful of ice cream in . Sana chuckled and reached across the counter, wiping the spot of ice cream off the corner of the latter’s mouth. They both blush, oblivious that they were both having that weird fluttering feeling in their stomachs. 

 

Sana shows a small smile, preparing herself to ask the question that she remembered made Tzuyu act so coldly to her after. “Why is your favourite colour; blue sapphire?” She asked with slight hesitance and saw that the latter tensed at the question, her smile slowly disappearing. Sana bit her lip, knowing that this question must’ve been a sensitive topic. “Actually, never mind. You don’t have to answer— “ She tried to change the topic but Tzuyu stops her. 

 

“No…” She whispered quietly, looking down with sadness on her face. “I want to tell you. I trust you enough.” Sana felt her heart swell at those words as she gave Tzuyu her full attention. The younger girl gripped her fists, not wanting to break down in front of Sana but also wanted to tell her everything. “You know how Science states that colours can affect how we feel when we look at them?” She asked, earning a nod from Sana who furrowed her brows in slight confusion. “Well, my father…” She took a sharp breath, feeling herself starting to panic and Sana places her hand on top of Tzuyu’s, looking at the girl to continue. “He became sick after serving in the military and had to go through therapy, basically the war-traumatized him. I mean who wouldn’t be traumatized?” Tzuyu scoffed to herself before frowning at the latter. “He was at the front row, one of the highest positions. He had to go through so much and he always kept saying he saw so much blood that whenever he slept, there was no such thing as darkness. He only saw red.” Sana frowned in sympathy for Tzuyu’s father. “That’s when the therapists decided that they should try colour therapy with him. They would show him different colours on these cards and they would ask him how he felt as they recorded every word he said. I remember I accompanied him to one appointment, they showed this card and he said, “It was calming. I’ve never felt like this ever since my kids and my wife appeared in my life.” He also said that it was his favourite colour out of the thousands of colours and different shades they showed him.” 

 

“The exact colour was blue sapphire.” Sana says in a voice, knowing where the story was going, making Tzuyu show a proud smile at the girl. “That’s why it’s your favourite colour because it helps your dad…” Tzuyu nods as she intertwined her hand with Sana’s that was placed on top of her for comfort, making the latter silently gasp in shock at the sudden contact. 

 

“To be honest, when you first asked me what my favourite colour was when we first met. I was being honest when I said I didn’t really have one but when you asked again, I started to think and the memory came up in my head.” Tzuyu explained, thinking about her father. 

 

“Well, I think it’s a beautiful colour.” Sana voices her opinion with sincerity, earning a dimpled smile from the latter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was asked to go to the Chancellor of Seoul’s University’s office, despite it being a summer break and she could already tell what was going to happen. She sat in one of those swivel chairs in front of the man who had grown a white beard over the year. 

 

“So…” He tapped his fingers against each other. “Do you want the bad news or the good news?” He asked with a forced smile. 

 

Jeongyeon slumped her shoulders, feeling defeated. “Please give me the bad news first.” She muttered in annoyance and the Chancellor tampered with his glasses, adjusting them to his preferences before reading the papers. 

 

“You failed one course.” Jeongyeon clasps her hands to pray for the good news. “—but luckily you passed the others.” She jumps out of her seat and pumped a fist in the air, earning a stern look from the man who was asking for her to sit down. The Psychology major cleared as she sat back in the swivel chair. “I’m afraid you’ll need to take that course again next year and may I say that you barely passed the other courses.” 

 

Jeongyeon bowed at the man, ignoring the news that she barely passed. “THANK YOU!” She exclaimed and the man lets out a small chuckle, telling the girl to calm down.

 

“Listen, I don’t do anything to the scores but I’m a bit disappointed that you did not reach out for help earlier Miss Yoo.” He frowned at the student in front of her. “We’re in the University of Seoul, where students will need to learn to take responsibility and take actions to overcome their struggles. I’ve been getting these reports from your professors saying that your behaviour has also been off?” He read the paper in front of him and looked at the girl with confused eyes. 

 

She nervously giggled as she bowed again, promising. “I WON’T ACT AGAIN, CHANCELLOR-NIM.” Jeongyeon keeps her head down and the man asks for her to calm down and to stay in her seat. 

 

“I advise that when school comes again, you get some help with your academics. You may have passed the four courses with flying colours but that’s not going to work in every semester and remember that if you fail that course again, you’ll be considered an undergraduate student.” He eyed the girl who nodded. “For now, enjoy your summer break. I think you need it.” The man joked around, earning a slight glare from Jeongyeon. 

 

“Thank you again.” She politely says before squinting at the man for the joke he made and left his office with an excited smile on her face. Jeongyeon was glad that she only failed one course, this calls for a celebration. She then frowned, realizing nobody knows that she failed a course, especially her parents and Nayeon. She shrugs off the thought and decided that maybe Momo would like to celebrate with her later in the night. She was her new roommate since she had that small argument with her best-friend— Ex-best-friend. Jeongyeon had always liked Momo since the girl was always so nice and caring, although she was very quiet, Jeongyeon thinks that her new roommate misses her old roommate Mina who has been getting along with Nayeon. 

 

Was Yoo Jeongyeon jealous at the thought that she would get replaced by some ballerina scholar? Hell yes, she was. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung sat in her single room, thinking that it was getting lonely. She never liked the idea of having a roommate but she’d rather have the pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter