chapter 27

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: dubchaeng exclusivE! :) 

 

Thanks to JYP’s permission, Dahyun slept in this morning and (thankfully) she didn’t receive any water slaps to the face. She thought it was a rather peaceful morning, everybody in the guest-house minded their own business as they went to go get prepared for their plans for the day. However, that’s what Dahyun thought because she didn’t experience the chaotic morning due to her habit of deep sleeping. Specifically, Nayeon opted for maximum “bathroom time” so she decided to wake up earlier than usual and she rushed towards the lavatory to see that Momo also had the similar idea to wake up early so she could have her time before breakfast. Of course, they fought each other by whipping out their fists and they engaged themselves in an intense game of “Rock-Paper-Scissors”— Only to hear the door slam on them. It turned out the entire time that they were fooling around, Tzuyu managed to sneak past them and she locked the door on them. She needed to prepare herself for a whole day with Elkie Chong and she didn’t want to use her own room because Sana was still asleep and she hated waking up the latter in her sleep (Although, it was really hot to hear Sana’s groggy voice in the morning). The two oldest guest-mates started yelling at the maknae who confined herself in the bathroom and the argument ended with all three of them using the bathroom at the same time. Momo swore to herself that she will never speak of that moment ever again because Nayeon just had to make it weird since she made the suggestion that the three of them could use the shower together to save the planet. The next trio to smush into the bathroom were Mina, Sana, and Jeongyeon. They were awoken by Tzuyu’s loud complaints of wanting to gouge her eyes out after Nayeon started her shower and the poor girl sprinted out of the bathroom with her eyes shut tightly before she ran back to her room. Then, Mina barely blinked an eye before she witnessed Sana and Jeongyeon in a heated argument in the middle of the bathroom. Jeongyeon thought Sana was applying her serum way too loudly this morning and Sana started to argue back, saying that this was the usual way that she applied her skincare products. She also made sure to flaunt her gorgeous skin and that made Jeongyeon's hands go crazy at her. Meanwhile, Momo, Nayeon, and Mina listened to their argument in silence as they took the opportunity to use the small mirror that could barely fit one of their faces. 

 

JYP decided he had enough of their banter that echoed through the air vents so he stormed upstairs to peek his head into the bathroom. “YAH YOU IDIOTS KNOW THERE’S TWO WASHROOMS IN THIS HOUSE!?” He gestured downstairs where he imagined his daughter using the lavatory in complete peace and luxury and then he ticked his tongue in annoyance of everyone who froze in the midst of their actions. They were scared that if they made one single movement, the lion would suddenly pounce at them. “Why do you lazy brats never use the washroom downstairs?” He thought their bathroom routines would go more smoothly if some of them took the motivation to walk down the thirty steps to use the bathroom. Jeongyeon quirked a brow at the latter through the mirror and she continued to brush out her eyebrows as if she wasn’t previously in the midst of a cat-fight with Sana. “Because that’s the washroom you and Jihyo-ssi use,” She stated out the obvious and all of the guest-mates nodded their heads in agreement as they thought that the downstair’s bathroom was deemed the family’s territory. “That’s like cross-contaminating.” Sana added before she retracted her hair brush from almost secretly slapping Jeongyeon’s back. 

 

“Are you saying I’m dirty?” The man asked in a scary voice and the Maths major revealed an innocent smile before she turned around to face the latter. “No, not at all!” A pout suddenly formed on her face once she thought about the bathroom downstairs. “But the cabinet is a bit disorganized with all of your razors and hair products…” She genuinely thought the latter should cut down on the amount of hair products that he purchases every week. That way, he would be saving so much more money! And it wasn’t like JYP took the time to style his hair every morning, considering how his hair at the moment looked… acceptable for the girls… 

 

JYP bit his bottom lip before he huffed out the steam that was building in his system. “I don’t have the energy to yell at you again, so just get ready and eat breakfast.” He commanded in a stern voice before he stepped out of the bathroom and Nayeon was now sporting a white robe as she grabbed the hair dryer from the counter to start drying her freshly wet hair. “Should I wake up the others?” The med student asked as she always did every morning and JYP pointed at her to silently thank her for taking on the role since he always disliked the task of waking up Dahyun and Chaeyoung (They were the worst guest-mates to wake up since they’re heavy sleepers.)  

 

“Only the formal brat, not Dahyun-ssi,” JYP referred to Chaeyoung who was probably using as much time in bed to relax on her phone before she was forced by someone to get out of bed. Nayeon nodded her head before she left the room and after everyone was done making themselves look decent, they started to file out of the tiny bathroom so they could head to the kitchen for breakfast. Momo turned her head around to look at her roommate as she proceeded to walk down the stairs. There was something odd about the bathroom door that felt out of the ordinary for Momo. She didn’t know how to exactly explain it in words but she wondered if someone else felt it too. “Hey, did the knob feel loose to you?” Momo pondered out of curiosity as her brows knitted together and Jeongyeon gently patted the top of her head, thinking her roommate was such a curious one who always paid attention to the small details. “It’s probably nothing to worry about,” Jeongyeon dismissed before they hopped down the last step of stairs together. 

 

In other words, Dahyun was really grateful that she slept past the chaos because she had the bathroom all to herself. She knew that everyone including JYP had left the residence already except for one other guest-mate and that was enough for Dahyun to feel at bliss in her very own bathroom. Speak of the devil, they smirked at each other through the mirror before Chaeyoung closed the door for the extra privacy. “Now, this is called a perfect opportunity.” Chaeyoung remarked in a humorous tone as she thought about their last attempt in the living room and she approached the latter who pouted her lips out in disappointment. “I should head to practice, coach is still mad at me for spraining my ankle.” She imagined the beast yelling at her again as soon as she dragged her foot into the gym and she felt Chaeyoung “gently” push her against the door. Chaeyoung batted her eyelashes before she made sure to use her cute voice to satisfy the latter’s love for her aegyo. “Please,” The basketball player thought she was about go crazy if she didn’t do something else so out of instinct (gay panic), she fumbled with the door knob until she heard the rattling sounds stop.

 

That sounds odd…

 

At the moment of where the second stage of chaos was about to proceed, Chaeyoung was busy persuading the latter before she followed the latter’s line of sight. Meanwhile, Dahyun felt her entire body freeze as her eyes remained glued onto the object that was supposed to get her out of this confined space. “…” She cursed out before she revealed the door knob in her hand that was supposed to be on the door. The music major took one moment to collect her thoughts before she started to yell at the latter in her state of shock. “What the heck did you do to the door!?” She gestured towards the circular hole beside them that had a missing knob absence. “I don’t know!?” Dahyun whispered back before she attempted to budge the door with her entire body, but there was nothing. They were officially stuck in the washroom. Dahyun her heel to face the latter who was still pinning her against the door. “Great, people are going to get suspicious that we’re locked in the bathroom together.” Chaeyoung grumbled out before she felt a migraine coming at any moment and Dahyun shot her a look of disbelief as she curled her fingers in annoyance. “Seriously, that’s your first thought?” She slapped her own forehead before she murmured to the latter in front of her. “You’re lucky that I don’t go crazy right now and wrap my hands around your neck.” 

 

Chaeyoung instinctively smirked at those words before she placed a delicate finger on the latter’s shoulder. “Oh, I’m sure that you would like that idea.” The suggestive voice made Dahyun place her hands on her own hips and she squinted her eyes in annoyance. Now, she was going to have to call her coach and pretend that she got into a sudden family emergency so she could save her own dignity and not confess to the man that she was locked in the washroom. The last thing she needed was for this instance to add onto the list of things her teammates could for. 

 

“Don’t make it worse, Chaeng.” The basketball player insisted with an unreadable expression and she felt the latter trail a finger across her arm. “Or else, what?” The music major wiggled an eyebrow and Dahyun thought to herself, “What the hell?” as she slammed her phone on top of the bathroom counter and she grabbed the latter ferociously by the collar. “Or else, this,” Dahyun snarled out before she closed the gap and aggressively kissed her. Chaeyoung kissed back with the same aggression as she wrapped her arms tightly around the latter’s neck and… the author of this book will allow you to use your vivid imagination for the rest of it…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 30 minutes of… Cough Cough Cough...

 

“We should probably text someone…” Chaeyoung whispered out with both of their backs leaned against the door and their hairs were all disheveled from their previous “activity”. She wondered if anyone was wondering where she was at the moment. Specifically, Yeri since the girl was her only true friend at the moment. 

 

“But who?” Dahyun adjusted her shirt back to its original position as she scratched the side of her head in deep thought. 

 

A moment of silence passed as they went though process of elimination in their heads and they finally met each other’s eyes with a knowing glint. “Tzuyu,” Both of them answered like it was the only solution to their problem and Dahyun was the one to call their saviour since she was the only one who had her phone on her. “The one time that you’re not addicted to your phone and you didn’t think to bring it when we’re locked in a washroom?” How in the world was Chaeyoung supposed to know that she would get locked in the washroom today? You might as well just add it to her list of things she needed to do for the day because she was going to miss important lectures and studio time if she remained in this washroom for the next four hours— And Chaeyoung made it certain to knock on the door that no longer served its purpose as a door because the last thing she needed was more karma in her life. Another moment passed with Dahyun murmuring the entire situation to their new apprentice on the phone and Dahyun finally heard someone properly speak after she heard multiple bursts of laughter through the speaker. Dahyun decided to turn off the speaker before she snarled quietly to herself in patience of the laughing girl and the pair shared an embarrassing glance before Dahyun heard the familiar voice again.  

 

“YOU GUYS ARE STUCK IN THE WASHROOM!? That’s even worse than being stuck in the closet!” Tzuyu made sure to get her savage commnet out of the way before Elkie attempted to snatch her phone out of her hand and she used her tall height to her advantage as she stood on her tippy toes to make it more difficult for the latter. The basketball player was practically meditating as she inhaled and exhaled deeply and she heard the two best-friends argue in Chinese before she took one glance at the music major who was now checking out her nails. Dahyun rolled her eyes one last time before she felt her grip tightened around her phone that was pressed so tightly against her ear to decrease the chances of Chaeyoung listening in on their conversation. “Get us out of here, Tzuyu-ssi.” Dahyun spoke in a firm tone to deliver the message that she needed to get out of this room right now and she bit the inside of her cheek to refrain from any swear words releasing out of at any moment. Meanwhile, Tzuyu’s ear perked at the formality and she grinned ear to ear in satisfaction. “So, you and Chaeyoung are stuck alone in the washroom?” She could only imagine what that experience was like. Although for the sake of keeping her girlfriend, she will no longer think of those thoughts. So, instead, she’ll just use this opportunity to mock the latter as much as she can. 

 

Dahyun aggressively rubbed the back of her head before she whispered harshly into the phone and she ended up forgetting that Chaeyoung was beside her due to the embarrassing teases that were flowing out of Tzuyu’s mouth like a water fall. “YES, LIKE I TOLD YOU FIVE TIMES ALREADY!” The basketball player’s voice exploded in the room and the music major thought she heard a slight echo from the latter’s voice. That only made Chaeyoung think about the acoustics in this washroom and how she should come in here to record some tracks for her new song that she was currently writing for JB. 

 

“That sounds like an novel waiting to happen.” Tzuyu remarked again with a smirk eating her face and she pressed her hand against Elkie’s forehead so that the latter would stop chasing after her phone. Again, Tzuyu loved that she could use her tall height to her advantage. “Aish, you little brat,” Dahyun scolded in the similar way that ahjussi would scold the guest-mates and she angrily pointed her finger at no one in particular. “Break us out of here NOW!” She yelled out in a hushed voice and Tzuyu could sense the desperation in the latter’s voice. “Hold your horses, Dahyun.” She only hoped that the pair wasn’t claustrophobic. “I’m busy ‘till six because I have a best-friend who’s standing in front of me right now and she’s not very happy that I’m on the phone with you,” She finally paid attention to the baker in front of her who crossed her arms in annoyance.  

 

“Give me that phone, Tzuyu.” The native language rolled off Elkie’s tongue before she cleared to speak sternly with the basketball player. “Tzuyu-ssi will have no intention on leaving our precious time together. So, Tzuyu would like it if you hung up right now and stop wasting her time with Elkie.” Dahyun could practically hear the devilish smile through the phone as she was silently shaking to herself in fear. 

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu avoided any eye-contact with the monster that she called her best friend as she re-adjusted her handbag. “I can’t believe she referred to herself in the third person.” Tzuyu muttered to herself before she took the courage to yank her phone back to speak with her guest-mate. “You’ll be fine, you have water and a toilet. If all things go wrong, then you can isolate yourself in the corner of the room.” She muttered in rapid speed and she didn’t give the latter anytime to deny her suggestion. “But Tzuyu— “ Dahyun called out as she had a deep feeling that the phone call was about to end. 

 

“Try calling someone else for help, alright?” The biology major persisted again before she hastily ended the call to deal with her best-friend who no longer spoke with her and Dahyun was left speaking with an automated phone noise. “H-hello?” She whispered out in hope that Tzuyu’s voice would suddenly appear out of nowhere and she released a long sigh when she heard no response and she placed her phone on top of the surprisingly soft rug. 

 

As Dahyun caressed the soft rug to distract herself from the tiny washroom, she gulped in fear of the unfortunate news that she had to share with the latter. “She won’t be back here until six,” Dahyun whispered out slowly before she closed her eyes tightly of the expected roar. “That’s eight hours from now!” Chaeyoung explained the obvious as she slammed her head against the door, the stupid door that was still locked in its place— Therefore, locking the two of them in the washroom. Chaeyoung wondered if she slammed her head again, maybe the “guy upstairs” will feel bad and unexpectedly open the door. However, Chaeyoung might end up with a concussion because she would be very determined to slam the door with her head. 

 

So, she decided her next idea of calling the other guest-mates was a safer idea. “Okay, who else?” She looked over at the basketball player for help and Dahyun titled her head in deep thought as she her own chin, pretending that she had an imaginary beard that would make her look sophisticated (Which in Dahyun’s case, she definitely thinks beards make people look way more intelligent). 

 

“Definitely not Nayeon or Jeongyeon, I don’t think I can handle their nonsense. Specifically, Jeongyeon’s,” Dahyun could only imagine that the mentioned girl would never let this go until she finds some way to bribe the latter into never speaking again. However, the scenario was impossible due to the fact that Jeongyeon was practically married to Nayeon, so the basketball player thought it was their best bet to think of another guest-mate. Chaeyoung nodded her head in agreement as she imagined the guest-mate calling her new possible pet-names based on this whole incident. And it was always worse when the culinary student always by calling her pet-names from the beginning. “I agree, we shouldn’t get the oldies involved in this.” The music major spoke with no filter as she suggested the next person to pop into her head. 

 

“Momo?” Dahyun immediately shook her head in denial as she waved her hands wildly. “No way, I just got on her good side— This could ruin how she views me right now.” The basketball player voiced out dramatically as she delivered the clear message that Hirai Momo should not get involved in this issue. Chaeyoung scoffed out in an exasperated voice as she leaned her head c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter