chapter 15.5

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I decided to make this a 0.5 chapter because I thought it was a nice filler... 

It’s a little cliche for a singer like me to write in a some fancy notebook that’s decorated in fake silk, right?  

 

The flowers are blooming so beautifully that I can’t help but to pick one. I don’t think appa would like that I did so, especially in a cemetery. He would describe it as taking a part of someone’s soul, I like to think that it’s a part of mother’s. 

 

I came a day earlier than usual because I wanted to be alone with you, eomma.  

 

“I found love.” Jihyo whispered in a faint breath, looking at her mother’s gravestone that was still cleaned from the last time she came with her father and shows a sad smile. “I’m sorry to say that it’s not a guy… But I love her…” She scoffed out in amusement, thinking what would her mother’s reaction be if she heard she was in love with a woman. She always grew up with the idea that she’ll one day marry a man and have two kids, one boy and one girl. Her parents would grow old together and they would sit at the dinner table, trying to keep their grandchildren under control while her husband and herself just laugh with each other, fondly looking at their beautiful kids. 

 

But that would never happen, Jihyo started to grow up differently after her mother’s passing. 

 

Despite the age, JYP also started to grow up. Reality hit him like a truck and he suddenly felt alone with Jihyo. They had his parent’s support and his parents in law’s but he wanted someone else to be there but he knew it was impossible. 

 

“Her name is Chaeyoung, she’s so kind and warm-hearted. You have no idea on how talented she is, eomma. Maybe, one day I’ll bring her here to sing a song for you. I think she would like that.” She continued to talk and made herself comfortable on the bench nearby her mother’s gravestone. “She’s not very confident with her singing but I think she’s the best singer in the whole world.” Jihyo felt herself smile and tears dropped down from her eyes that kept closing to stop the tears. “I’ll come back tomorrow, okay?” She paused, expecting for an answer but of course, how could the Music major be sane to think that?

 

“I’m going to come back with appa and we’re going to give you your favourite foods.” Her heart ached at the silence and she tightly gripped on her notebook, looking at the gravestone one last time and placing the flower she picked earlier on top of it. 

 

“See you later, eomma.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihyo trudged back to their house, it was unbelievable to think that owning a guest-house was actually her mother’s idea. At first, her father didn’t approve of the idea but after her mother’s passing, it seemed that the man was more than persuaded to do so. 

 

“Welcome back home, sunbae.” Chaeyoung immediately greeted her in the living room with a huge hug where the other residents were sitting around, watching a drama that they took interest together. JYP was nowhere to be seen but Jihyo assumed that he was in his room, preparing for tomorrow. 

 

Everyone looks at the girl to smile at her but they all froze when they saw the evident tears that were on Jihyo’s face. Chaeyoung quietly gasped as she instantly brushed them away with her thumb and caressed the latter’s face in her hands. 

 

“Jihyo?” She called out, the first time in forever since she had actually said her name to the older girl. 

 

The latter could only look down in disappointment that everyone had to see her at her worse and started to sob in the arms of her loved one. Chaeyoung could only frown, thinking she was ashamed of herself. She thought Jihyo would do anything to bring back her mother but there was Chaeyoung who was selfish of her parent’s “love” and apparently her own parents didn’t want anything from her. Chaeyoung had actual parents who were in healthy conditions but she was pushed away. She wanted to push Jihyo away, her emotions taking over as she thought about her parents but she listened to her heart and tightly hugged the girl, their faces being buried in each other’s shoulders. 

 

Mina could only look down, also thinking about her parents and how they have never accepted her. They gave her everything yet she turned it down when she stepped foot in Korea to pursue her dream. Just by looking at Jihyo, she instantly thinks about how close her and her father are with each other. Mina wished that her father was like JYP, caring and would do anything to protect the girl. Mina abruptly stands up from the couch and shocked Momo who was holding her hand as the ballerina approach the two who were hugging and instantly hugged Jihyo from behind, squishing her in a human sandwich. 

 

Momo gaped at the sight and glanced at Sana who was always so emotional during these moments as she watched the Maths major, stand up to join the group hug with tears rolling down her eyes. This left the final Japanese and the basketball player to look at each other, almost sympathizing with each other. Momo was never the one to talk about her past with others, but all she could say was that her parents abandoned her when she was a young child. Meanwhile, Dahyun bit her lip to resist the urge to let her emotions go. She’d rather not cry at this moment because her family members have always told her to not cry but when she thinks about her family, the first thing that comes to her mind is family get-togethers. She loved going to those because she could see her parents happily talking to each other and although they were divorced, she saw the look in their eyes that said they weren’t mad at each other… Not anymore… 

 

But happiness doesn’t last long, does it? Dahyun learned that it was all fake, they only acted happy for the sake of their daughter. 

 

She heard Momo stand up from the couch to join in on the hug, her one hand on the back of Mina’s waist and her other hand rubbing Jihyo’s shoulder. Dahyun could only frown to herself, picking at the carpet she sat on and wondered if she really deserved to be with these people— These people that have s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter