chapter 4

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung stared at the fridge for ten minutes. She woke up earlier than usual and JYP told her that he had to go to a quick meeting so he couldn’t make any breakfast, putting all of the responsibility on the girl who was now thinking that it was unfortunate that she woke up early. 

 

She slammed the fridge shut after thinking she should wait for one of the older guests to wake up and yelped out loud when she saw Momo standing behind the fridge door, waiting like a creep for the girl. Momo innocently smiles at her and Chaeyoung looked around to see if anyone else was in the room but sighed in relief when she noticed it was just the two of them. 

 

“Momo…” She whined out, not wanting to be a part of Momo’s antics in this morning and the girl smiles again. The two were the quietest people in the Park Residence but when they were around each other, they found a mutual understanding and related to each other. However, Momo just couldn’t understand what Chaeyoung was feeling the other day when it was revealed that Dahyun was slapped. 

 

Her eyes looked up at the ceiling and that was her gesture for the two to talk in her bedroom, making Chaeyoung silently nod at her, understanding what Momo wanted to talk where they wouldn’t be interrupted. 

 

They silently crept up the stairs, not wanting to wake up anyone else since there was still lots of time before the official time for breakfast and Momo opened her door, gesturing for the younger girl to get in.

 

After Chaeyoung tip-toes in and Momo softly closed the door. They both sigh and look at each other. 

 

“We haven’t talked in a while.” Momo reminded the girl that she was still there for her and Chaeyoung slowly nods as she took a seat on the bed.

 

“Sorry, everything has been crazy lately.” She admitted in a soft voice and Momo takes a seat beside her.

 

“Crazy as in how?” The girl questioned and Chaeyoung fiddled with her hands. 

 

She took a minute to think whether if she wanted to tell everything to Momo but decided not to. “Well, everything from the new guests to school.” 

 

“And Jihyo?” Chaeyoung never told Momo about her weird feelings for the mentioned girl but Momo got the clue and she knew both sides of the relationship. She knew Jihyo cared deeply for Chaeyoung but was afraid of the idea of showing her love, considering she comes from a family of where it was hard to show your true emotions. Momo would know since she witnessed JYP and his daughter bicker every time just to cover up their sadness or disappointment. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung is still unsure about everything, she’s still young and Momo gets that. 

 

Chaeyoung tries to hide her shock by the sudden question and gulped. “I don’t know what you mean.” She bluntly says and Momo shrugs her shoulders at the girl's ignorance. 

 

“It was just a question.” She stated, raising her eyebrows at the girl. She then paused, wondering if she should ask about the other night. “Chaeyoung, are you close with Dahyun?” Momo carefully asked, making the girl look at her with beady eyes.

 

“I don’t know anything about that girl.” She states in a firm tone and Momo nods her head, still suspicious about everything. Momo knew she was lying but decided to not push the topic. 

 

“I’ve been talking more with Jihyo, like actually speaking.” Momo announced with a slight smile on her face. She expected to be congratulated like Jihyo had done to her when she first spoke but Chaeyoung glares at her, being reminded of the time she spotted the two on their little ice cream “date”.

 

She spat out, obviously jealous at the news. “That’s great.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and then left the room without saying anything else, confusing Momo who was slightly disappointed that she did not get praised for her development. 

 

The girl crossed her arms, looking at the picture that she had of her favourite dancer Minzy from 2NE1. 

 

“I should probably hide that before I pick up the new girl tomorrow.” She reminded herself as a mental note and went outside of her room, pretending that everything in her life was fine. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One Hour Later 

 

“WAKE UP YOU BRATS!” Jihyo yelled through a megaphone that she found in the closet for some odd reason. Chaeyoung left a note saying that her father wasn’t here but the girl also left, not saying where she was going at this time. “Aish, that pabo is really putting the responsibility on me.” Jihyo grumbled as she yelled through the megaphone again, telling for the girls to wake up.

 

Jeongyeon opens her door and squinted her eyes at the girl. “YAH, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!?” She shouted back in an annoyed voice, it was only eight in the morning but that wasn’t the prime time to be yelled at. 

 

Jihyo tilts her head, pretending to think to herself as she yelled through the megaphone again. “IT’S BREAKFAST TIME SO GET YOUR ASSES TO THE DINNER TABLE.” She loudly commanded, making Jeongyeon grunt at her as she went back into her room to drag Nayeon out of her bed. 

 

Meanwhile, the other guest-room door opens to reveal a glaring Sana along with a glaring Tzuyu beside her, both with disheveled hair and Jihyo smirks at the two. “Did you two have fun last night?” She teased the lovebirds who shyly blushed in their spot, their glare immediately disappearing. 

 

“Yahh~” Sana softly whined out, rubbing her eyes and touching her pink cheeks. “Couldn’t you have just barged into our rooms and splash water on our faces?” She suggested for the next time Jihyo wanted to wake them up. 

 

Jihyo bites her lip to stop herself from laughing at the memory of her splashing water to wake up Sana on her first day. Tzuyu agrees with her roommate as she nods, still embarrassed by what the megaphone girl said earlier. 

 

“Hurry, Momo is waiting and you know how much that girl loves food.” Jihyo quickly said before rushing down the stairs and the two walk like zombies as Jeongyeon walks out of her room, dragging Nayeon on the floor with her.

 

“Is she okay?” Tzuyu quietly asked, wanting for Sana to only hear it but Jeongyeon’s ears perked up and snapped her head towards the youngest. 

 

She grits her teeth, eyeing both Nayeon and Tzuyu. “What do you think?” She coldly asked as Tzuyu widened her eyes and then glared back. 

 

“Well, you— “

 

—Slapping ! 

 

But Tzuyu bit her tongue back and grabbed Sana’s hand who was in utter confusion at the situation she witnessed as they stomped down the stairs. Jeongyeon stares at the girl in confusion, wondering what she was going to say and then looked at Nayeon who was on the floor, mumbling for her friend to let go of her leg. 

 

Jeongyeon obliges and Nayeon groaned at the impact of her bare feet against the hardwood as she stood up and pointed at Dahyun’s room. “Go wake her up.” She commanded her roommate who disgustingly looks back at her. 

 

“No way.” She spoke, remembering that Dahyun knows about her academic struggles but Nayeon shoots a threatening look. 

 

“Yoo Kyungwan.” The med student says her original name that she ended up changing after she kept getting teased that it was a “boy’s name”. Jeongyeon slumped her shoulders in defeat at the Devil’s name and looked at the door that Nayeon kept pointing at. 

 

Nayeon walks downstairs in satisfaction as Jeongyeon trudges to the room and banged on the door. “Yah, Kim Dahyun! You have two minutes before Jihyo comes here to kill you.” She angrily states before she was about to walk away from the door until she heard a click sound and it revealed a very emotionless Dahyun. 

 

“Thanks.” She said in a low voice, clearly not wanting to be bothered by the girl at the moment and they walked down the stairs in silence. They walk into the kitchen and saw that no one was talking as usual, they all ate in silence until Jihyo decided to break the ice.

 

“Anyone have anything on…” She side-glanced at Dahyun who was staring at her plate and the others got the message that they were talking about the culprit of who slapped the basketball player. Tzuyu widened her eyes and started to hyperventilate as she quickly glanced at Jeongyeon at the speed of light and then looked at her lap, finding that she was bouncing her knee up and down the whole time. She knew exactly who did it. 

 

“They said Jeongyeon was the one who slapped you. Is that true?” 

 

“Yes, it’s true.” 

 

Tzuyu has been haunted by Dahyun’s confession ever since and always spaces out when she thinks of her position in this situation. 

 

“—but you can’t tell anyone Tzuyu-ssi, this is only between her and I. If you tell the others at the guest-house, you may get hurt as well.” 

 

Dahyun lied of course, she knew Tzuyu could be vulnerable at times considering her young age and innocence so she used the “violent” card to keep shut. Meanwhile, Tzuyu was thinking in her seat. 

 

I need to tell somebody but I don’t want to get hurt at the same time! 

 

She bit the corner of her lip and then looked at Dahyun who was playing with her food, not interested in eating. “No…” Nayeon whispered as she also stared at Dahyun, wondering if the girl knew of their plans. 

 

Dahyun felt someone looking at her and then saw Tzuyu looking at her with worry filled in her eyes. Her look screamed “please let me tell them!” but Dahyun firmly shook her head and Tzuyu got the message that the latter didn’t want her to get hurt. Sana stared at the two in confusion and wondered if the younger girl knew anything about this, but was keeping it a secret. 

 

Tzuyu slightly shifts her seat to the right, closer to Momo, not wanting to be near Jeongyeon and went back to silently eating her food. Sana looks beside her to notice the absence of the other baby in the guest-house.

 

“Where’s Chaeyoung?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. Usually, the girl would be here for meals. 

 

Jihyo slammed the end of her fork against the wooden table and showed an annoyed expression. “That brat left without saying.” Jihyo quickly placed kimchi, rice and kimbap on the table before loudly waking them up, and was relieved that none of the guests were complaining about their food. It seemed that everyone was having the same mood as their plain food.

 

“Like she left forever?” Dahyun suddenly questioned, shocking the other guests. They didn’t expect for the basketball player to ask that.

 

Momo quirked an eyebrow, feeling that there was a relation between the two. She opened , wanting to speak but she immediately shuts it tight, not wanting any more surprises to happen.

 

Jihyo also quirked an eyebrow at Dahyun as she weirdly looked at her. 

 

Why would she ask that?

 

Jihyo was jealous but disguised her expression with a confused look. “No, she probably went out to have space... Why do you ask, Miss Kim?” They both share an intense stare as the others watched the two with wary eyes.

 

Dahyun gulped as she looked back at her bowl of rice that was half-eaten. “I was just wondering.” She shrugged her shoulders. 

 

“I didn’t think you two knew each other.” Sana voices out her thoughts as she leaned her elbows on the table. Momo had to look away from the rest of them to hide her excited expression that her and the fellow Japanese had the same thoughts. She knew she liked Sana for a reason. 

 

“Oh...” Dahyun paused and played with her chopsticks. “Yeah, she’s been in a couple of my classes but that’s it.” She lies to avoid suspicion. 

 

Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter