chapter 17

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: remember when Mina said she liked watching the masked dancer on youtube...?

 

yes, you’re right. it's time to finally reveal who the masked dancer is ;)

Her slender body laid on the laminate flooring, sweat rolling down every area that wasn’t covered by a piece of clothing. 

 

She wore her iconic crop top, long pants and her face mask that covered her identity. The woman had just finished filming her dance cover after a million of years— Well, she was just was exaggerating. It has been a couple of months since the last time she filmed because of work and now she constantly spends time with Mina.

 

She lightly groaned out, facing the mirror as she stood up and propped up on her elbows, feeling her abdominal muscles contract. 

 

The reason why Momo never told anyone about her dance covers was since she was never the type to boast about her skills. She knew she was a good dancer but she’d rather cover up her identity and be humble every-time someone posts a nice comment online about her.

 

Her Canon camera sat beside her and she could hear her phone beeping indicating that she was getting a call. 

 

“Hello?” She murmured and could hear commotion in the background. Momo heard the ballerina’s voice yelling at someone and she felt her brow quirk at the uncommon volume. “Chae?” She called out the younger girl’s name. 

 

After a few unhearable sentences flowed out of Chaeyoung’s mouth, she finally speaks into the phone. “Momo-unnie, can you please get some butter from the store?” Chaeyoung pronounces the ingredient in English but it sounded like she was saying “sea” in Korean but luckily, Momo being the foreigner, she understood everything and nodded in the phone, realizing that the latter can’t see her. 

 

“Sure, Chae.” She simply answered before ending the call and an amused look forms on her face, imagining what the three are doing at home. 

 

Sana sat at the dinner table with her leaning on her elbow and watched the ballerina and the young Music major attempt to cook. “Mina, this tastes weird.” Chaeyoung really meant to say terrible but she didn’t want to offend the girl’s cooking. 

 

“Well, it’s your fault! You’re the one who said using cooking oil was okay!” She whined out in frustration, clearly knowing that the younger girl was lying.

 

Sana could only smile in amusement at the two that looked like an arguing couple and thinking she could probably help but may end up burning everything. She has noticed that the two have gotten close to each other and she felt happy that Mina has found another friend, considering how shy she saw the girl was at the university’s orientation. “Aunties, if you’re done arguing. Can I get my food?” Sana jokingly says with a cute pout and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at her using the “aunty” nickname. 

 

“Just wait a little more, unnie. I asked Momo to buy the butter.” She announced, looking over to Mina who gushes at the mention of her girlfriend arriving home soon and continued to mix the hotteok mixture. 

 

They heard footsteps approaching the kitchen area and saw Jihyo who greeted everyone with a warm smile, Chaeyoung could tell that the girl just woke up by looking at her clothes and her messed-up hair. 

 

“Morning, everyone.” The tanned girl says in a husky voice and the young Music major thought she was going to melt in her spot. Mina and Sana both shoot their “little sister” teasing looks as they watched the couple in silence. 

 

Jihyo was about to envelop the small girl in a hug until she felt another body smashed in between them. She opened her eyes to see her father wrapping his arms around them, creating a big gap in between. “APPA!” She yelled out in annoyance that she wasn’t even touching Chaeyoung. 

 

The man who proudly -blocked the two and innocently smiles at them. “Morning, everyone.” He repeated his daughter’s words in a bright voice and Chaeyoung awkwardly smiled at him, patting his back.

 

You can see the hesitance in the girl’s face as Jihyo looks apologetically for her father’s behavior. “Morning, ahjussi. Did you sleep well?” Chaeyoung greeted in her best attitude and the man shows a fatherly smile. 

 

“Yes, I did.” He distanced the couple again by pushing them to other ends and lets go of Chaeyoung to fully hug his daughter. The young Music major huffed in slight annoyance and looked over to Mina and Sana who were letting out muffled giggles. “Where is Momo-ssi and Dahyun-ssi?” He asked, noticing their absences.

 

Mina was the first to answer about her girlfriend’s whereabouts as she stopped mixing and went to go sit beside the Maths major. “Momo went out for a little but she’s going to come back with butter.” JYP points at her, indirectly thanking the mentioned girl for buying the ingredient they’ve been needing for a while. 

 

Sana then voices out her assumptions on the basketball player’s whereabouts. “I think Dahyun is at practice like always.” She shrugged her shoulders and played with the rubber band that was on the table. 

 

JYP nods and then announces that he’ll be going out for the day, leaving the kitchen area with a final wave and going to get ready. 

 

Jihyo and Chaeyoung both sigh in relief that the man was now gone and the younger girl was about to pull the older girl into a hug until they heard the man’s voice again. “JIHYO!” Her father called out, already expecting that the two might be smooching in his kitchen. “I CAN’T FIND MY FAVOURITE SOCKS!” That was a lie but he would say anything to interrupt their time. 

 

The mentioned girl groaned out loud before pecking the latter’s cheeks and mouthing out an apology before rushing to her father. Chaeyoung slumped in disappointment and then looked at the two Japanese women. “I need ahjussi’s approval to take her on a date.” She pouted out, getting tired of waiting and Sana quirked a brow at her. 

 

“Finally, you come to your senses.” She says in a knowing tone. “What are you going to do?” Sana asked in curiosity, thinking the latter was doomed. 

 

“You know that ahjussi is super protective about Jihyo.” Mina added with a tilt of her head and also thought the same as the other Japanese. 

 

Sana then accusingly raised a brow at the ballerina. “Have you and Momo even went out on a date yet?” She asked in a joking voice but was serious at the same time, making Mina shoot lasers at the latter. 

 

The ballerina crosses her arms and slightly frowned. “At least we’re a better couple than them.” She commented with a smirk forming, not considering the other girl’s feelings who was standing in shock and Sana asks for a high-five from the latter. 

 

“Hey!” Chaeyoung whined out like a little kid, hating the idea that she was getting picked on by her friends. She stormed over to the table to sit across the two who were giggling like school girls and kept whispering among themselves while the youngest silently glared at them. “I’m going to talk to him like the man I am.” She proposed with a profound confidence, wanting to confront the man in the house and slammed the table with her fist. 

 

The two raised their eyebrows at the younger one, their smug looks still on their faces. “Too bad you’re not a man.” Sana teased again with wiggling eyebrows, laughing as she leaned back to place her head on Mina who erupts in laughter and Chaeyoung crossed her arms, getting annoyed that her unnies weren’t taking her seriously. 

 

“Unnies!” She roared out and they laughed again in response, thinking that a tiger cub just appeared in the room. “Listen to me!” Chaeyoung loudly demanded as she stood up from her seat, starting to laugh because of how contagious their laughs were. The laughter dies down a bit with Sana occasionally giggling and Mina letting out low chuckles. “I’m being serious if JYP comes in here, I will ask his permission for his daughter’s hand!” She huffed out in frustration, pointing down and her friends covered their mouths out of surprise when they see the devil arrive. 

 

“You needed to say something, Chaeyoung-ssi?” JYP asked with curiosity, squinting his eyes at the mentioned girl. 

 

Chaeyoung gulped as she started to tremble in silent fear at the sudden appearance of JYP at the door with Jihyo behind him. She slowly squatted to sit in her seat, her voice faltering. “Uh, no… I was just…” She finally sits in her seat and neatly folded her hands together, having perfect posture. “I was just speaking nonsense like the formal brat I am.” She admits in defeat and lowered her head, the two girls in front of her could only give the coward knowing smirks, feeling like their stomachs were going to hurt from laughing too much. 

 

JYP weirdly looks at her, placing his hands on his hips as his keys were hanging on his one finger, the sounds of dangling and Sana’s muffled giggles were heard. “O-kay…” His voice trailed off, not knowing how to respond back to the young girl. “I’m gonna leave now..?” He whispered out in confusion and patted his daughter’s shoulder before leaving the room, Jihyo also shows a look of confusion as she approached her partner and patted her back to comfort the latter. 

 

“Chaeyoung— “ Jihyo was about to ask what was wrong but the latter interrupts her. 

 

“It was nothing…” The disappointment was evident in her voice and Chaeyoung rubbed her face, feeling slightly embarrassed about what happened and Jihyo looked over to the others who shrugged their shoulders, pretending to not know anything. “Hey sunbae, you think you can talk to your dad about us?” The younger girl whispered out in a faint breath and Jihyo’s eyes widened out in shock. “I can be there with you.” She added and looked up with eyes full of anticipation and hope. 

 

The older girl continued to randomly pat her back and slowly nodded, instantly knowing what the latter wanted her to talk about with her father. The two have always been talking in private about them going on dates but from what Chaeyoung remembered the last time was that JYP only accepted for them to hang around with each other but never “dating” each other. Chaeyoung has considered to secretly date and sneak out with each other but Jihyo knew her father too well and he would definitely interrupt their dates and stop them. It even took a lot of persuading the man for Chaeyoung to bring Jihyo to her workplace. 

 

Jihyo shows a warm smile. “I would like that.” She whispered back and Chaeyoung felt herself smiling ear-to-ear at the answer. Right in time, Momo sprints in the house with her small bag of butter and panted out loud, her hands resting on her knees and everyone else weirdly looks at her. Mina eyed the clothes her girlfriend was wearing, feeling a sense of familiarity from it and thought it’s not like Momo had to run unless she ran into some trouble… 

 

“Dahyun… Seulgi… Fight…” She breathed out each word that kept surprising the girls before she slammed the grocery bag on the table and running back to where she found the basketball player with the others quickly following her in panic. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun swears she wasn’t looking for any trouble (maybe Seulgi was) but when they met their team’s rival after their unexpected shopping spree that they decided to do after their morning practice, she really couldn’t do anything but watch her best-friend badmouth the others in the middle of the streets. 

 

“We are so going to get punished for this…” She muttered under her breath as she watched Seulgi stand on her tip-toes to yell in the girl’s face. The next thing she knew was that they were all putting hands on each other (not in a good way) and throwing fists at each other’s faces. Dahyun made it clear that she didn’t want any part of this fight, trying to step back but the one girl didn’t take the hint and threw a fist at her face. 

 

Ugh… Not again…

 

She thought as she lightly touched where the girl punched which was close to her jaw, ironically it was on the same side that Chaeyoung slapped her face. Dahyun raises her hands to defend her face, tightly shutting her eyes and the same girl was still trying to throw hands until she felt the weight of the girl was gone. Dahyun opened her eyes to see Momo roughly push the girl away and shoots a threatening glare, her eyes saying get-out-here and the girl seemed to have got the message as she yelled for her teammates to retreat. 

 

Once they disappear, a bunch of questions flowed out of everyone’s mouths as they were clearly biased for Dahyun who was only punched in the face, constantly checking her and only one person checked on Seulgi whose condition was more worse since she was basically beat down to a pulp. 

 

Seulgi raises her eyebrow in confusion and was sitting on the floor to see Chaeyoung in front of her. She quietly gasped and whispered to the girl that she never thought she would see again. “Chaeyoung?” The mentioned girl suddenly feels mixed emotions seeing Dahyun’s best-friend and went to go hide behind Jihyo who is looking at Seulgi in concern. 

 

“Are you okay?” Jihyo asked in hesitance, unknown of Chaeyoung’s mood depleting at the sight of Seulgi and eyed the bruises that were forming and the cut on the latter’s lip. Seulgi slowly nodded, still eyeing the small girl as she looked like she was in deep thought until she felt Dahyun helping her up from the ground. The famous basketball player shoots a look at her best-friend, silently telling her to tone down the staring eyes and then asked if she still felt pain in certain places. 

 

Dahyun brushed the dust off the latter’s jersey she wore. “You okay, Kang?” She followed the girl’s line of sight and saw her still eyeing Chaeyoung, making her quietly groan that Seulgi wasn’t listening to her. 

 

“Does anything hurt?” Sana started to get worried once she heard Dahyun groan out, assuming that she was in pain. The latter shook her head and continued to direct her attention back to her best-friend, checking again if she was badly injured. The last thing Dahyun wanted was for her teammates to be badly injured to the point that she couldn’t play. 

 

Momo lightly smacked the back of Dahyun’s head and the latter lets out another groan, this time it was indicating she was in pain. “What the hell are you doing? You think you can go around picking fights?” She scolded before sighing longly at the basketball player who lowered her head, looking guilty. 

 

Seulgi does the same as she bowed to the girl who made their rivals run away. “I’m so sorry, it’s my fault. Please don’t blame Dahyun, please blame me.” She deeply bowed again to apologize for her reckless actions 

 

“It wouldn’t be the first time it was your fault.” Chaeyoung murmured under her breath with a sharp breath, speaking at the volume so that her ears could only hear it. 

 

Mina finally speaks up, remembering that Seulgi was at the orientation and was carelessly eyeing Sana’s figure in public. “What happened?” She asked in a quiet voice, starting to feel indifferent in front of the latter. 

 

“It was just a stupid basketball team causing some drama.” Seulgi grumbled, not wanting to explain anymore and getting tired of the constant fights that occurred between the two teams. She then glanced at Dahyun. “I’m gonna head home…” She whispered with her head lowered as she quietly greeted everyone off who tried to tell the girl to stay so that they could help tend to her bruises but the ignorant girl brushes the offer off, already walking her way home. 

 

Dahyun ticks her tongue at her best-friend and crossed her arms, shaking her head at the girl’s back that was faced to them. She then felt Mina aggressively grab her face and forces her to tilt her head, showing the bruise on her cheek. “Kim Dahyun!” Mina yelled out like a mother before poking at it and earning soft hisses from the latter. The rest of the walk home resulted in the ballerina dragging the basketball player by the ear and the other girls walking behind them, silently pondering on whether if these type of actions were going to start becoming a pattern. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina stomps up the stairs, ignoring the looks of the others and forgetting about being all excited to make hotteok with Chaeyoung as she dragged Dahyun to the second-floor washroom so that they could find an ice-pack to ease the pain. Mina locks the door so that they could have some privacy and Dahyun felt her eyes go wide when she felt the latter push her to sit on top of the bathtub’s tiled surroundings. 

 

The ballerina groaned out in frustration and lets out another sound of annoyance as she searched through the cabinet, memories of her and Momo in the washroom from the time that her parents came to Korea flashed in her head and gave her cold shivers. Dahyun sits quietly in her spot, watching the latter’s every move and sat up straight when Mina approached her with the ice pack, gently placing it on the red area. 

 

“I can see where you get your ignorance from.” Mina quietly whispered, her eyes wandering around the latter’s face and made sure there weren’t any more bruises or cuts. 

 

Dahyun felt her brow raise up, already knowing that the ballerina was talking about her best-friend as she took the ice pack in her hand, holding it against her cheek. “I admit Seulgi has some influence on me…” She looked into the girl’s eyes and pursed her lips, thinking about all of the actions she never thought she would’ve done back in high school if it wasn’t for her teammate. 

 

Mina slightly stands back and stares at Dahyun, their eyes only looking at each other. Mina’s eyes were filled with seriousness and Dahyun’s eyes were filled with emptiness, she was emotionless like she always was whenever she got hurt. “We care about you, Dahyun.” Mina stated in a stern tone, almost taking the latter by surprise but the basketball player covers it with a blank expression. 

 

“That’s not true.” Dahyun looked away from Mina, her ignorant-self not wanting to accept the truth that was so evident in the ballerina's voice. “Nobody cares about me, they probably think I’m some bad influence.” She took a deep breath, thinking that the latter didn’t understand her situation, nobody understood. “You’re new at the university, Mina. Just wait ‘till you hear the rumors about me.” She frowned at herself and could see Mina kneeling down to be below her eye-level.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter