chapter 1

The Park Residence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this is much needed in my life and I keep thinking about it so let's go 

The girl sighed as she walked in the single guest room, staring at the person that was passed out. The person was a newbie in the guesthouse and her father have told her that she came in late last night and it was already eight in the morning, meaning breakfast was to come soon. Jihyo decided the girl needed a proper greeting so she grabbed the water bottle on top of the drawers and opened the cap. She flicked the bottle towards the girl and the water splashes on the sleeping girl’s face. 

 

The girl quickly wakes up. “What the!?” She yelled out in shock with a weird accent and Jihyo tilts her head in curiosity. The girl must not be Korean, her looks and clothing were definitely a dead give away. The girl wipes the water off her face and looks at Jihyo in disbelief. 


“What was that for?” She asked in a confused voice, not even mad that a girl she’s never met, splashed water on her face for her to wake up. Jihyo pursed her lips and placed the bottle back on the drawer. 

 

“It’s almost eight, which means you must wake up before that time if you want to eat breakfast again. Do you hear me?” She asked in a firm tone and the girl immediately nodded, getting scared at the stranger. 

 

Jihyo was about to walk out of the room until the girl stopped her. “Wait, my name is Sana.” She paused and waited for the girl to look back at her. She at least wanted to know the person she first met in the guesthouse. 

 

She stops in her tracks and glanced at Sana. “Jihyo.” She cooly stated her name and walked out of the room, leaving the girl to herself. Meanwhile in the other guest room that was for two people… 

 

“Come on, Nayeon. Just tell me about it, was the date fun?” Her best friend teased and the girl rolls her eyes in response, throwing her pillow at the girl’s face. 

 

Jeongyeon dodges the object and smirks at the girl. “So, you did have fun. Ayeeeee, look at my best friend!” She started to point at her with flirty eyes and Nayeon had to resist from punching the girl in the morning at eight o’clock. 

 

“Let’s go before Jihyo-ssi kills us for being late.” She ignored her best friend and ran down the stairs to the kitchen with Jeongyeon following from behind. The two politely bowed at Jinyoung, Jihyo’s father also known as the owner of the guesthouse, who was sitting at the table with the breakfast already set, along with two other girls and Jihyo. 

 

“Oh! Nayeon-ssi, Jeongyeon-ssi, please sit and join us for a meal!” He exclaimed with an ahjussi voice and gestured for the girls to sit across him. They politely bowed again and sat beside the two girls, meanwhile, Jihyo sat beside her father. 

 

Jeongyeon looked over to the two girls beside her and nudged her head as she greeted the two dongsaengs. “Morning, my baby chicks.” She greeted Momo and Chaeyoung who shot a quick look that shouted out that they didn’t care about anything. Nayeon elbows her stomach, making her whine out in pain and then looked at the quiet ones in the guesthouse. 

 

“Sorry, I always tell her not to bother you two.” The girl grits through her teeth and Jeongyeon sticks her tongue out to annoy her even more. 

 

Chaeyoung mumbles a quiet “it’s okay” but it’s barely heard from the two who are already arguing with each other. 

 

Jihyo furrows her eyebrows in annoyance and hits the table with her chopsticks. “Aish, you two brats. Have some table manners.” She scolded, quieting the two who immediately apologized to the girl. Although Jihyo was younger than the two, the girl wasn’t afraid to call her unnies “brats”. 

 

Momo continued to stuff down the noodles that Jihyo’s father made and he smiles in appreciation on how well the girl eats.

 

“Aigoo, Momo-ssi sure eats the best in this house.” He complimented, making the girl stop chewing midway to show a closed-mouth smile. He shakes his head in amusement, knowing that Momo was never the one to talk, she was always one of the quiet ones. “Ah!” He eyes the chair that is empty, the man remembered he set it up for someone but couldn’t remember the name.

 

“Is that Hani girl coming down?” The father asked his daughter and Jihyo sighed in frustration. 

 

“Sana. Sa-Na.” She slurred out the name. “Father, why can’t you remember? You told me that you two even had a good conversation last night.” She ticked her tongue and continued to eat while Jinyoung’s relaxed facial expressions turned into an annoyed expression.

 

“Why are you like this, Jihyo? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again? Aish, I wish you were like one of them and just ate quietly!” He shouted and pointed at the girls who froze not knowing what to do in the situation. Every morning was like where the father-daughter duo would argue but it was never anything serious. The guests knew that it was just their way of communicating with each other. 

 

In the Park Guesthouse, there were four girls (excluding Jihyo) who were staying in the residence. In the order of arrival, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo and Chaeyoung. The oldest, Im Nayeon is a medic student who is currently training to become a doctor. She heard from a friend that it was always the best idea to stay in a guesthouse that was closest to the university. So, she dragged her best friend, Yoo Jeongyeon, two hours away from their hometown to come live in the guesthouse with her. Jeongyeon is also a university student who is majoring in Psychology. The two are known to be on the noisy side and have always argued with each other since birth. They were total opposites, Nayeon was always prepared and knew what she wanted for herself and her future, meanwhile, Jeongyeon was carefree and always laughed at her own jokes. The two best friends moved into the "Park Residence" about six months ago. 

 

Now, Momo and Chaeyoung were similar in many ways. The two were very quiet compared to the others. Hirai Momo can be quite shy with the other guests and Jihyo has taken months to get the girl to speak one word to her. She was shocked to hear that Momo indeed had a cute voice. The girl wasn’t interested in her education yet and came to Korea from Japan to see what the world has for her. She works three jobs to pay her rent for the guesthouse and is known to be Jinyoung’s favourite out of the guests. The girl would always eat his foods and he can see that Momo is genuinely enjoying the food being served. She moved into the guesthouse about five months ago. 

 

Lastly, there is Son Chaeyoung. Two months ago, the girl was forced to move into the guesthouse by her parents who are hoping for their daughter to change her dream of being a musician. Chaeyoung was quiet and likes to be by herself, she finds it calming to be silent so she can reflect more, but it was hell not changing her dream of being a musician. No matter how hard her parents try, she will always want to become a musician. She was glad enough that they agreed to let her study music in the same university as Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo.

 

Now, there was a new guest in the Park residence and that was Minatozaki Sana. She’s a student also studying in the same university as the others and will soon appear to be clumsy and three-dimensional when in fact she is one of the smartest students in the university and has received a scholarship for Maths. 

 

The new girl walks with light steps, almost falling down the stairs twice and hurries to the kitchen as she hears the shouts of the Jihyo girl and the ahjussi she met last night. 

 

She peeks in room, making Jihyo and Jinyoung stop yelling at each other.

 

“Oh, Sana!” He shouted out the correct name. “Please sit and introduce yourself.” He gestured to the other girls who showed a quick smile and went back to eating their noodles.

 

Sana smiles to herself and bowed at everyone. “Hello, my name is Sana. I am from Japan and I will be going to the universal of Seoul for Mathematics. I hope you can take care of me.” She bowed again and Jeongyeon smirks at her. 

 

“I think you meant university.” It was only her first day and she was embarrassed at her Korean pronunciation.

 

Jeongyeon laughs at her, making her cheeks go red. “It’s okay. Your Korean is already good!” She tried to cheer her up and Sana shows a weak smile as she went to go sit in the empty seat beside Jihyo. 

 

“We all go to the same university. That’s cool.” Nayeon paused, thinking to herself. “Well, everyone except Momo.” She corrected herself. “Who is also Japanese.” The girl added, wanting Momo to have more friends. Maybe the girl doesn’t talk much because of the language barrier. Momo looks blankly at the newcomer and went back to stuffing her face. Nayeon then curiously pointed at Sana.

 

“Did you say you’ll be majoring in Maths?” Sana nodded at her as she puffed her cheeks and Nayeon raises her eyebrows in surprise. “Really?” She asked again for assurance and the latter nods again.

 

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon in shock. “That’s actually... Impressive.” She says in amazement and Jinyoung even made impressive noises.

 

“Then, you must be really smart?” That was the most Chaeyoung spoke since the day started. Sana shakes her head, denying the fact.

 

“No. No.” She repeatedly mumbled to humbly accept the fact that she was indeed really smart. “You just need to put the hard work and effort into your studies.” 

 

Jeongyeon mumbled to herself. “I already do, but I’m still failing.” She jabs the noodles with her chopstick and Nayeon glances at her.

 

“What, Jeongyeon?” She asked in concern and the girl immediately ignores her, pretending that she didn’t say anything.

 

Nobody else knows of her academic struggles in university. Fortunately, Jihyo’s father came to her rescue. 

 

“Wow, we have a Maths major in our guesthouse!” He says, oblivious of Jeongyeon’s mood and praised his hands out to the sky. “I never would’ve thought this day would come.” He explained to the girls who are now looking at him weirdly.

 

Jihyo nods in satisfaction but shows less reaction than the others. “I respect that.” She was starting to look at Sana differently than from what she saw in the morning. 

 

“What do you all study?” Sana looked at the other girls and Momo rolled her eyes, keeping her head in her bowl since she didn’t need to be a part of this conversation. 

 

“I’m a med student, right now, I’m currently training in Seoul’s hospital for CO-OP.” Nayeon shows a proud smile and Jinyoung mirrors it as the girl points to Jeongyeon. 

 

She answered with full of food. “I major in Psychology.” Her best friend grimaces at the sight of the chewed-up food and Jihyo nods at Chaeyoung to say her major. 

 

“Music.” She quietly says and Jihyo sighs at her, looking at Sana who seemed to be baffled at the one-word response. 

 

“I am also in the same major as Chaeyoung.” She answered and then leaned in towards the girl. “She may be quiet but you don’t wanna mess with her.” Jihyo warned with a whisper, making Sana give a confused look and went back to eating her breakfast, thinking about Jihyo’s words. 

 

“Ah, kids.” Jinyoung called out for their attention and placed his chopsticks down. “Another girl will be registering in the house tomorrow, her parents have told me many things about her.” He giddily giggled and Jihyo rolls her eyes in amusement, looking at Sana again who was looking weirdly at her father. 

 

“My father used to be a professional basketball player when he was in university until he tore a ligament. Now, he envies those who are athletes.” Sana slowly nods, taking in the information. 

 

Jeongyeon raises her eyebrows in curiosity. “Is she a basketball player as well, ahjussi?” 

 

Jinyoung beams at the girl. “Yes she is! When she comes tomorrow, I will have to challenge her to a one-on-one.” He says with determination and Nayeon laughs at him.

 

“Try not to break your back, ahjussi.” She playfully warned, making the other girls giggle. 

 

Jinyoung furrows his eyebrows at her. “I can kick you out of this house in any second.” He warned with a serious tone but still had a sly smirk on his face. “Her name is Kim Dahyun.” 

 

Chaeyoung drops her utensils on the floor and quickly apologizes as she picks them up. Everyone’s attention is on the girl as she places them on the table and bowed at everyone. “I’m sorry... I think I’ll be leaving off now.” She hurriedly muttered and ran off to her room. 

 

“Yah, Chaeyoung wait for unnie!” Jihyo called out but the girl ignores her, rushing into her bedroom to get her bag. The two usually went to the university with each other. 

 

Jihyo groaned and hastily sat up from her seat, running to grab her stuff from her room so she can tag along with the girl. Jeongyeon whispers to Nayeon. “That was weird... Wasn’t it?” The latter nods in response, having a pitiful look on her face. 

 

Nayeon had a question in her head but she told herself to ignore it, not wanting to get involved in Chaeyoung’s personal life. The guests were never close to each like how Nayeon and Jeongyeon are, but they all had a mutual understanding of each other. 

 

Meanwhile, Sana awkwardly munched on her noodles, following what Momo was doing. Just observing and eating. 

 

Jinyoung scratches the back of his head and looked at Sana in apology. “Ahh, sorry  that your first day has to be like this.” 

 

The girl was about to answer that’s she been through worst, being reminded of Jihyo splashing water on her. She was about to blurt out the memory but realized she was talking to Jihyo’s father and showed a fake smile. “Everyone has their rough days.” She says in a bright tone, not wanting to expose his daughter on her first day. 

 

Jinyoung shows a warm smile and picked his bowl up, ready to place it in the sink. “Say, why doesn’t Momo-ssi walk you to the university? Her workplace is near there.” The man offered without Momo’s consent and the mentioned girl snaps her head at the owner. 

 

Her eyes widened and Jeongyeon realizes that Momo was starting to panic. “I can walk with— “ She tried to rescue the girl but Nayeon slaps her hand over .

 

Jeongyeon tries to yell at her but all that was heard was muffled noises. “What Jeongyeon meant to say was she can walk with me to the hospital because you promised me that thing.” The girl eyed her friend, wanting Momo to break her shell. The latter immediately quieted under Nayeon’s hand, politely nodding at her. 

 

Sana quirks an eyebrow at the odd sight and then looked at Momo who was now glaring at her breakfast. “Is that okay, Momo-ssi?” She asked in a hesitant voice and the girl was about to shake her head in denial until she saw Jinyoung boring his eyes at her. She ended up nodding in response and pushed her chair back to stand up. 

 

She points at the clock and held out five fingers to indicate that Sana has five minutes to get ready and left the room. Luckily, Sana understood and quickly left before she placed her bowl in the sink, thanking Jinyoung for the breakfast.

 

The two best friends took that as their cue to leave and waved to Jinyoung as they left the room, leaving the man alone to wash the dishes by himself.

 

“Aigoo... Seven bowls and there’ll soon be eight...” He grabs the gloves in defeat and started to hum to a tune as he began washing the dishes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaeyoung, wait!” The girl called out again as she bumped into other people, muttering an apology under her breath. Jihyo swam through the bodies of people and Chaeyoung sighed to herself in frustration, stopping to turn at the person who has been calling her name for ten minutes. 

 

Jihyo places her hand on the girl’s shoulder, catching her breath. “Thank God, you stopped.” She heaved out and Chaeyoung glares at her. 

 

She crosses her arms. “Let’s go, sunbae. We don’t want to be late.” She hurriedly says and grabs Jihyo’s wrist to pull her towards the campus. 

 

The oldest whines out, asking for the girl to stop walking. She was already so tired from chasing the girl. “We’re twenty-minutes earlier than usual. What’s your deal, Son?” She asked in an annoyed voice and Chaeyoung’s nostrils flared at her. 

 

“Wanna know my deal?” She throws Jihyo’s wrist that she was holding away from her. “Leave me alone.” The girl coldly spat out and went to go walk faster. Jihyo stands in her tracks and watched the small girl stomp across the street. She frowns at the fact that Chaeyoung has spoken so coldly at her and that in the next twenty minutes, she will have to face the girl again and pretend that everything is fine for the sake of her classmates. 

 

Momo silently walked with Sana on the path that she always took to her workplace. 

 

“So what part of Japan are you from?” Sana tried to initiate the conversation but Momo remained silent, keeping her eyes forward as she speeds down the street. She unconsciously tried to keep up with Momo’s speed, but they both abruptly stop in front of a daycare that is five minutes away from the university’s campus. 

 

Momo points at the direction of the university and turns to Sana to give her a slight bow. “I’ll be taking my leave now.” She so quietly muttered under her breath and went in the small building. The latter stays frozen in her spot by the sudden response and watched the girl walk in to be bombarded by kids who are happily greeting her. Momo returns a smile to the kids and to the staff, and that’s when Sana realized Momo works at a daycare— The place she would least expect out of the quiet girl. 

 

Sana unexpectedly smiles to herself as she watched the quiet girl pick up one of the kids, hugging them tightly. 

 

Maybe, we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover… 

 

She nods to herself, shaking her head in amusement and went to walk in the direction that Momo pointed earlier with her head high, her hand on her bag strap. Minatozaki Sana was ready to take on her new life in Seoul. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah.” Nayeon repeatedly mumbled as she kept her eyes on a certain girl. She slaps Jeongyeon’s shoulder about a million of times and the latter rolls her eyes in annoyance, looking at her best friend. After what happened in the morning, Jeongyeon managed to blackmail Nayeon to treat her to lunch at the university so the medic student walked twenty minutes just to buy the girl a single sandwich from the cafeteria. She appreciates the money-savings but she did not appreciate the lack of effort from her friend to have a decent lunch.

 

They sat outside on the campus, on the steps to enjoy the windy breeze. “What? What now?” Jeongyeon placed her sandwich aside and followed Nayeon’s line of sight. Her eyes stopped on a pale girl who is being surrounded by what seemed like fans of her. 

 

“Who’s the celebrity?” Jeongyeon asks in a snarky tone and Nayeon slaps her shoulder again, except this time was harder, earning a loud whine from the latter. 

 

“That’s Kim Dahyun!” She harshly whispered, leaning into Jeongyeon’s ear. The latter freezes and looked at the mentioned girl again who was signing autographs for people. 

 

Jeongyeon looks at her best friend in disbelief and unconsciously points at the girl. “T-that’s her?” She stuttered out and Nayeon firmly nods with wide eyes. The last thing Jeongyeon wanted was a famous roommate who had crazy fans who followed her everywhere. 

 

Nayeon covers Jeongyeon’s pointed finger and sternly looks at the girl. “Could you at least not point at her!?” She scolded with another harsh whisper. 

 

“I didn’t think she was as great like JYP told us but… She’s really daebak!” Nayeon exclaimed and Jeongyeon quirked an eyebrow in interest. JYP was the nickname the guests made, particularly Nayeon and Jeongyeon with the approval of Jihyo, and the man loves the nickname, considering he says it sounds “legendary” to him. 

 

Jeongyeon picked up her sandwich and started munching on it.  “How so?” 

 

Nayeon looks at the unappetizing sight of her friend eating and grimaces as she continued to explain what she heard from her colleague at the hospital. “Not only is she a basketball player and the captain on the university’s team. She’s a musician— A rapper to be exact. And an actress! The weird thing I find about her is that she majors in Astrobiology.” 

 

“ASTROBIOLOGY!?” Jeongyeon yelled out with food in , making Nayeon immediately shush her. The two quickly looked around and Dahyun was still busy giving autographs and taking selfies with her fans. There was practically a whole line waiting for the famous basketball player. 

 

They both duck down, being immersed in their own world. “How can a busy girl like her, major in that?” Jeongyeon asked with curiosity and Nayeon shrugs her shoulders. 

 

“I don’t know.” Nayeon lets out a long sigh, envying the girl. “I wish I knew how to time manage like her. I hear her grades are impeccable.” 

 

“What’d you think she’s really like?” Jeongyeon eyes the basketball player and Nayeon did the same. 

 

“What do you mean?” Nayeon raises an eyebrow in confusion of what her best friend was asking her. 

 

“Well… Nobody’s perfect in this world. Don’t you think so?” Nayeon stays silent at the insightful message as Jeongyeon takes another bite of her sandwich, admiring Dahyun. “There are people who wear masks to hide something about themselves.” She smiled to herself, thinking about her situation with her studies. 

 

Nayeon frowned at her. “Do you wear a mask, Jeongyeon?” She felt the atmosphere getting gloomy and wondered if it was her fault because she never realized her friend’s struggles in the first place. “Are you wearing a mask right now?” Her eyes fill with worry and Jeongyeon chuckles to herself. 


“Are you?” She asked first, now wanting to avoid the sensitive topic. Nayeon shows a firm smile, almost forcing it. 

 

“Of course, I’m not!” She says in a slightly obnoxious voice and the smile on Jeongyeon’s smile fades away. Jeongyeon quickly gathers her stuff and her sandwich, standing up from their spot on the steps. 

 

“Where are you going?” Nayeon asked in a soft tone, realizing the gloomy expression on her best friend’s face. Jeongyeon shakes her head, telling the girl to stay. 

 

“See you at home.” She spoke in a cold tone and hurriedly walked away with Nayeon watching her from behind. Nayeon stays in her spot, speechless of what had happened and puts a finger on her chin to think to herself. 

 

You messed up again, Im Nayeon. 

 

She shakes her head to herself in disappointment, placing her forehead on her hands. Nayeon felt her heart-break at the sight of Jeongyeon leaving but she was getting worried that her heart would continue to feel like this in the future. 

 

“I’m really sorry, everyone. I need to go to my classes.” Dahyun sincerely apologizes with a smile and bowed her head at everyone who was around her. She manages to shimmy out of the crowd and unexpectedly bumps into a girl with short hair, making the girl drop her sandwich. Her hands are suddenly placed on the girl’s shoulder, making them face each other and Dahyun felt her breath hitch. 

 

Wow… She’s beautiful… 

 

Dahyun’s mouth gapes at the girl’s feature as Jeongyeon was thinking the complete opposite. 

 

This girl made me drop my sandwich! 

 

Jeongyeon groaned out in frustration and swatted Dahyun’s hands away to crouch down to pick up her dirtied sandwich. Dahyun’s hand float in the air as she takes a second to register what had happened. She dumbfoundedly looks to where the pretty girl was and looks down to see her, crouching on the floor, mumbling swear words. She notices the sandwich on the ground and realizes that she was the reason to why the delicious-looking sandwich was there. 

 

Dahyun unknowingly blushes as she remains in her spot after Jeongyeon picks up her sandwich to face the “celebrity”. 

 

“Yah!” She roared out. “You owe me a sandwich!” Her eyebrows furrow and Dahyun starts to smirk at the girl. The innocent image of the girl was erased from Jeongyeon’s head and was replaced with this… 

 

“Then, I guess I’ll have to treat you to dinner tonight?” She smugly replies with her eyebrow cocking up and Jeongyeon grunts as she stomped her foot and left the area with her dirtied sandwich, not wanting to be apart of the girl anymore. 

 

She’s a total flirt! 

 

It was true. Kim Dahyun may seem like the definition and image of “Perfect” in the dictionaries and in the eyes of strangers but there was another hobby that Dahyun was extremely good at. Kim Dahyun was the total player, but when she bumped into Jeongyeon, she felt something different. Something she would’ve never felt in front of other girls. 

 

She looks around at everyone and her fans who have witnessed the scene. She sees that some people are glaring at Jeongyeon, who are thinking that the girl was lucky to have been noticed by Dahyun and there were others just gossiping about the two. The girl takes a few deep breaths and puts on her biggest smile as she walked to class, ignoring the looks of other people.

 

Kim Dahyun is known as the “Lucky 7” and is the captain of the basketball team. She has been playing the sport since grade school and remembers when her own father would always ask to go 1-on-1 with her. There were days where she would pretend to get hurt just so her father could live on the day with his pride of the winning the game and she would just laugh to herself, clutching on her knee as she always voiced out the reason that she scraped her knee on the rough pavement. She chose to study Astrobiology because she thought it was the most interesting and although, she was offered a scholarship from the University of Seoul for basketball, she wanted to actually learn something that would be useful to her in a way that she would finally get to learn the answers of the universe we all live in. 

 

The music and acting is just a side-hobby for whenever she got bored. She likes rapping particularly, considering she’s not the strongest singer and found writing lyrics soothing to the brain. She’s typically a dramatic person so she decided to use that energy in acting and she managed to feature in many CF’s. You could say Dahyun was practically a celebrity considering how famous she is in Seoul, but she tries to not let that affect her. 

 

Besides, she’s just like everyone else. Trying to achieve the best for herself and others. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JYP was cleaning the house, wearing a pink apron and had green gloves on his hands. He danced around with his sweeper, singing to what was on the radio. “Saraissne! Oooo!” He danced like nobody was watching and closed his eyes in joy. If you asked the Jinyoung fifteen years ago on where he would be, he would not have said. “Running a guesthouse.” 

 

He would’ve said. “Playing in the major’s league basketball team, making it to the finals.” But now, he was dancing with all of his pride with his sweeper in hand, humming to himself until someone cleared their throat. He snaps his head at the sound and screamed out at the unfamiliar girl. 

 

“AH!” He unexpectedly yelled out in a high pitch, making the girl quirk an eyebrow in amusement. He coughed out to clear his throat, dusting his hands on his apron and standing straight at the girl. “K-Kim Dahyun?” He whispered out in hope that the basketball player came earlier than expected and the girl shakes her head in denial. 

 

She shows a confused look. “No… My name is Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu.” She bluntly introduces herself and takes her hand out to indicate the man to shake her hand. He looks surprised at the strict and formal introduction and slowly shakes her hand, still looking at her as if he’s seen a ghost.

 

The girl blankly looks at him. “I registered online last week and you said I could come in today.” She robotically says, making JYP’s eyes go wide at the girl. He was so star-struck on Dahyun that he forgot about Tzuyu.

 

“OMO! I’m so sorry, Chewy!” He deeply bows, ashamed that he forgot about the girl from Taiwan. “It’s just that another person is coming in tomorrow and I guess I was excited about her— Not that I’m not excited about you!” He quickly corrected himself, making Tzuyu click her tongue. 

 

“Yeah… Thanks, ahjussi and it’s Tzu-Yu.” She tried to teach the man how to correctly say her name but after five minutes of trying, she gave up and the man helped her carrier in the room.

 

“I know the room is a bit small but this is only temporary.” He opens the door to where the room was already filled with stuff. 

 

It looks like a tornado passed by… 

 

Tzuyu silently judged the room. “A girl actually moved in last night and this is her room, but I realized my mistake that the two of you are supposed to be in the bigger room since you both said, you didn’t mind having a roommate and then the other girl who’s coming tomorrow will room here because she specifically requested to have her own room.” He paused, letting the information sink into Tzuyu’s head, remembering that the girl was a foreigner so her understanding of Korean might be slow. “However, I still need to fix something in that room. I believe the window is broken and won’t close, so I’ll try my best to fix it by tomorrow!” The man was definitely unprepared for the arrival of the three girls, considering that they were all consecutively coming.  

 

He pumps his fist in the air and playfully slaps Tzuyu’s shoulders. “In the meantime, you’ll sleep in here with Sana. That’s your new roommate!” JYP excitedly exclaimed before leaving the room to let Tzuyu unpack. 

 

Tzuyu sighed, cursing that she forgot to click the “No Roommates” button on the fill-out for the guesthouse. She looks around the messy room again and thought that tonight was going to be an interesting night as she looked at the single bed that could only fit one person. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa, I’m home!” Jihyo yelled out with her booming voice along with an angry Chaeyoung forced to walk with the girl. The younger girl just wanted to be alone but with Jihyo being in the same major, it was hard not to avoid her. 

 

JYP yelled from his bedroom. “Oh, I’ll be making dinner soon! Go greet the new girl from Taiwan. She’s in Sarah’s room!” He stops, realizing his mistake. He swore he said her name correctly to Tzuyu before. JYP also made a reminder to learn how to correctly say Tzuyu’s name as well. These foreigner names were really getting the best out of him. 

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes and Chaeyoung slightly smiled at her, her mood being lifted already. Although the girl was quiet, she still showed more emotion than Momo. 

 

“Let’s go.” Jihyo whispers as they run up the stairs to Sana’s room. 

 

The older girl looks at Chaeyoung to knock on the door and the latter obliges. After two knocks, the door immediately opens with Tzuyu glaring at the two.

 

“Are you Sana?” She was straight to the point and Jihyo was shocked at the sudden question. 

 

“No...” She trailed off, looking weirdly at Chaeyoung who looked as shocked as her. “I’m Jihyo, my father owns the guesthouse. This is Chaeyoung.” She pointed at the girl beside her who quietly waved at Tzuyu.

 

The Taiwanese looked back and forth at the two. “So, you’re not Sana?” She ignores their welcoming introductions.

 

Jihyo looks offended at the girl. “Well, no but— “ 

 

The door slams on Jihyo’s face and she looks at Chaeyoung who was now confused at the girl. 

 

“She was nice.” She sarcastically whispered, making Jihyo smile at the girl. 

 

Jihyo wraps her one arm around Chaeyoung, ruffling her hair with her other hand. They walk down the stairs with Chaeyoung whining out. 

 

“Aish, you little kid. Never do that act that you did this morning ever again, alright? You scared me.” Jihyo playfully scolded and Chaeyoung pouted, stopping at the bottom of the stairs. 

 

“I’m sorry, sunbae.” She apologized with a frown and Jihyo chuckles at her.

 

“Aigoo, our little baby must be very hormonal right now. Is she stressed because of school?” The girl talked in her baby voice, making Chaeyoung getting annoyed.

 

“I’m not a baby!” She yelled out and Jihyo tilts her head back in surprise. 

 

“Look at you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter