Episode One: Connection

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

29th May 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [05:09]

A young, fit and athletic male doctor who looks like a mix of Korean-American blood, has short, messy light brown hair, dark brown eyes, wears his blue operation attire and black shoes, walks out from the operation room. He walks to a changing room to change his clothes. Suddenly, his eyes widened as he looks at his chest. Blood flows out and there is a shiny blade pierced through his heart. The blade is pulled out and the doctor collapses, lying on the cold floor. The suspect is about to run when the doctor holds onto the suspect's white coat. The suspect kicks the doctor and the doctor manages to take a small strand of the suspect's coat as the person runs away, escaping the crime scene. The doctor closes his eyes and another young male doctor passes by. He stops as he saw the doctor lying there and quickly runs to him. He gasps and shouts, "Doctor Kang! Kang Min-joon! Wake up! Who did this to you?!"

The male doctor with the name tag, Kim Tae-hyung, stands and takes out his phone. His slender hands are shaking in fear and he calls the police. He sits and cries as the police answers the call. He cries and said, "Help. Doctor Kang Min-joon... is dead."

 

27th May 2018, California State University - San Bernardino [15:23]

"Little Miss Sherlock!" A 21-year-old short blondie who looks a bit slender, has blue eyes, pale skin, has a black backpack and wears a white blouse, black miniskirt with matching heels, said as she calls a tall, young female teenager who walks out from the campus. The teen looks athletic, youthful and pale, has dark brown, style into a medium two-block, light brown eyes, and she wears a white blouse, beige sailor's trousers, black heels and completes with a beige trench coat. She has a black backpack and wears round, black frame glasses. She approaches the blondie and stop her tracks before asking, "What is it?"

"Thank you for solving the case for me, Hyun-kyung," the blondie replied. Hyun-kyung nods and leaves the blondie just like that. She walks to a white sports car and gets inside the car before closing the door. She starts the engine and takes out her phone. She dials a number from Korea and said as the person answers the call, "I am going to be at Incheon airport in eight hours. Is there anything happened recently?

"Nothing much," a male voice replied. Hyun-kyung ends the call and puts her phone inside her pocket. She drives the car all the way to the airport, leaving the United States to go back to her home country, South Korea.

 

27th May 2018, Incheon International Airport [15:27]

Doctor Kim Tae-hyung just arrived at Korea after three months working at a hospital at Japan. He walks out from the arrival hall and approaches to Doctor Kang Min-joon. He hugs him from behind and Min-joon looks behind before smiling happily. He hugs Tae-hyung and said, "You look so handsome, Tae-hyung!"

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" Tae-hyung asked jokingly. The men break the hug and Min-joon chuckles before replying, "It's both compliment and an insult."

"Haha, very funny," Tae-hyung mocked Min-joon jokingly. The two males walk out from the airport and chat as they walk to a black van. Min-joon opens the van trunk and Tae-hyung gets inside the van. Min-joon puts Tae-hyung's bag inside the trunk and closes the trunk before getting inside the van. He closes the door and said, "Drive us to Seoul National University Hospital."

A male driver nods and the van leaves the airport. Min-joon gives Tae-hyung a cute pink lunchbox. Tae-hyung takes the lunchbox and opens it. He gasps and smiles as he looks at Min-joon. He said, "This is so cute, Min-joon. Thank you for this cute lunch."

"Your welcome. I cooked it for you," Min-joon replied. Tae-hyung smiles and looks at the lunch Min-joon prepared. He takes a pair of pink chopsticks and eats the lunch Min-joon prepared for him. Min-joon pats Tae-hyung's head and smiles, adoring Tae-hyung. He said, "You look exactly the same like the first day I saw you. You were eating your lunch alone at the cafeteria."

Tae-hyung looks at him and smiles before replying, "I remembered that as well."

Tae-hyung finishes his food and closes the lunchbox. Min-joon gives him a bottle of water and Tae-hyung gladly takes it. He drinks the water and Min-joon said, "You know, I wished you're my real brother. I don't know why but you look so precious. You need someone to protect you."

Tae-hyung chuckles and replied, "I am not a baby, Min-joon."

"You're still my junior and forever be my junior," Min-joon stated. Tae-hyung nods and smiles. They talk about lots of things while waiting to arrive at the hospital.

 

28th May 2018, The Plaza [01:15]

Tae-hyung is editing his reports using his laptop. He drinks a cup of coffee and receives a phone call. He looks at his phone and answers the call. He turns on the speaker and said, "Min-joon."

"Are you asleep?" Tae-hyung replied, "Nope. I need to edit my report before I could submit to the boss tomorrow."

"Do you want me to help you by any chance?" Tae-hyung replied, "It's okay. I don't want to trouble you."

"Like this, I just finished an operation. I'll come to your hotel. Do you want me to buy anything? Food? Drinks? Wine?" Tae-hyung laughs a bit and replied, "It's okay. I am not that hungry."

"I'll buy some energy bars and soft drinks." Tae-hyung is about to protest and Min-joon ends the call. He sighs heavily and said, "Never mind."

After a few minutes, Tae-hyung turns off his laptop and stands slowly. He hears a soft knock on a brown door. He walks to the door awkwardly because his left foot is numb. He opens the door and smiles as Min-joon shows him a plastic bag filled with snacks and drinks. He looks at Tae-hyung's reaction and asked, "Is your left foot numb?"

"How do you know?" Min-joon chuckles and replied, "I have tricks on my sleeves, Tae-hyung."

Min-joon walks in and closes the door. The two males walk to the bed and sit on the floor. They take the energy bars and eat. Tae-hyung asked, "Why do you come here at this time?"

"I actually forgot my house keys. My sister must be asleep at this time," Min-joon replied. Tae-hyung chuckles and said, "I assume that you want to sleep here for the night."

"Yup. You know me so well," Min-joon said. They laugh and chat all night about Tae-hyung's adventures at Japan.

 

28th May 2018, Incheon International Airport [11:45]

Hyun-kyung leaves the arrival hall and walks out from the airport. She stops walking as a white Mercedes arrives. The door is open and a young male who has short, blonde hair, has pale skin, brown eyes and wears a police officer's attire with black Oxfords, walks out before bowing. He takes Hyun-kyung's luggage and puts the luggage inside the trunk. Hyun-kyung opens the door and gets inside the car, followed by the male who sits at the front passenger's seat. They close the doors at the same time and a male driver who looks like he is the same age as the officer, leaves the airport. He wears a white shirt, black tie, back trousers, black tuxedo and black Oxfords. He also has a silver watch at his left arm. His jet-black hair is combed neatly and his brown eyes are sparkly. He said, "It's been three years since you left to pursue your studies at the US."

"Yup," Hyun-kyung replied. The driver said, "Surprisingly, there are cases that no one can solve it. Only when you give them advices from overseas, everything went out smoothly."

"The police department can't do it properly and they even say they don't need a consulting detective. Such liars," Hyun-kyung said as she stares at the car window, thinking of something. She arranges her delicate fingers, touching one another as she is lost in thoughts. The police officer looks behind and said, "She is so lost in thoughts. What is she thinking about?"

"I have no idea about that, Yoongi," the driver replied. He continued as he stops the car at a traffic light, "She just got back from US. She must be suffering jet-lag."

The driver puts on his round, black frame spectacles and Yoongi nods. He said, "At least she knows what she is thinking, unlike you, Seokjin."

The light turns green and Seokjin continues driving the car. He bites his lips and said, "Say that again and I will hurt you badly."

"Okay, chill."

 

28th May 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [16:30]

"Are you serious about it?" Tae-hyung asked as he walks with Min-joon out from the meeting room. Min-joon nods and put his hands inside the pockets of his white coat. He looks at Tae-hyung and replied, "Living in a hotel requires a lot of money. Staying at my place requires nothing."

"You don't have to do this, Min-joon," Tae-hyung said as he laughs. Min-joon stops his tracks and Tae-hyung stops walking as well. He turns to look at Min-joon, eye to eye. He asked, "You're kidding me, right?"

Min-joon shakes his head and replied, "I am not even kidding about it."

"Is it okay if I live with you? Won't your sister get mad?" Tae-hyung asked. Min-joon shakes his head and replied, "No. Besides, she's at the US, pursuing her arts major."

Tae-hyung is out of words. Min-joon hugs him and pats his head before closing his eyes, mesmerizing his touch. Tae-hyung blinks a few times and asked, "W-why are you hugging me?"

"I just want to stay like this for a moment," Min-joon replied as he slowly memorises everything. Tae-hyung awkwardly hugs him back and they break the hug after a moment. Min-joon open his eyes and smiles as he pats Tae-hyung's left shoulder. He leaves the corridor and Tae-hyung looks behind, wondering why Min-joon suddenly hugs him.

Night-time. Tae-hyung and Min-joon get inside Min-joon's car. They leave Seoul National University Hospital and Min-joon said, "I took your things from the hotel already. Now, we just go to my house."

"Why are you acting like this, Min-joon?" Tae-hyung spoke up. Min-joon smiles faintly and replied, "It's been a while since I last saw you."

"Well, you act like you're going to die soon," Tae-hyung joked. Min-joon laughs and replied, "No I am not. Besides, only God knows when I'm going to die."

Min-joon receives a phone call and he answers the call by using the car's radio. He puts on a blue hearing device and said, "Doctor Kang Min-joon speaking. Who's on the line?"

"Doctor Kang! There's an emergency at the hospital. We need you and Doctor Kim Tae-hyung, fast!" A female voice said. Min-joon nods and ends the call before making a sharp U-turn. Tae-hyung holds onto the handle firmly and Min-joon speeds driving back to the hospital. He turns on the car siren and Tae-hyung asked, "You have the sirens after all?"

"I do," Min-joon replied as he looks at the road attentively. They arrive at the hospital after a few minutes and they both leave the car at the same time. Min-joon locks the car and give the keys to Tae-hyung before they run inside the hospital. They sprint to the operation hall and quickly change their attire before going inside the operation room. Min-joon puts on his spectacles and said, "Scalpel."

Tae-hyung gives Min-joon a scalpel and Min-joon slowly operates the body. He looks at the heartbeat rate and orders the nurses and Tae-hyung to help him for the operation. After a few hours battling against life and death, the patient is finally saved.

 

29th May 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [07:30]

Tae-hyung is crying profusely as he sits at the waiting room. Yoongi and Seokjin sit next to him and tries to comfort him. He wipes his tears and said, "I should have not joked about him being dead early."

Seokjin pats Tae-hyung's head and replied, "It's not your fault."

Hyun-kyung walks out from the operation hall and looks at Tae-hyung before saying, "What's past is in the past. You should move on."

Tae-hyung stands and asked as he looks at her, "Who are you to tell me to do whatever you like?"

Hyun-kyung looks at him with an expressionless look and replied, "There's no use mourning for him too long. Besides, you don't even know who killed him."

"Because of that!" Tae-hyung yelled, "I can't even stop crying! Who in the world hates him so badly until he or she needs to stab him like that?! What had he done wrong to him or her? He barely did anything wrong! He saved millions of people and even participated to voluntary services plus he treated all the dying people in Palestine."

Hyun-kyung leaves the hospital and Yoongi follows her. Seokjin stands and leaves to go to the car. Tae-hyung follows them all the way out. He wants to know the truth, once and for all.

"Give me the details," Hyun-kyung said as she walks to a black car. Yoongi adjusts his black tie and replied, "The victim's name is Kang Min-joon. Aged 27 and lived at Busan, South Korea. He worked as a doctor at Seoul National University Hospital located at 101, Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul. The crime occurred between 5 to 5.15 am, near the hospital lobby."

"Um... miss." Hyun-kyung turns around and asked, "What?"

"Can I... follow you?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung approaches him and their faces are so close, their breaths tingling one another. Hyun-kyung examines Taehyung and asked, "You want to follow me because you want to know the truth or is it because you're curious?"

Tae-hyung blink a few times and Hyun-kyung leans to his ear before whispering, "Curiosity kills the cat."

Tae-hyung replied, "I want to know what happened to Doctor Kang."

Hyun-kyung smirks as she gets to hear the right answer from Tae-hyung and moves away. She gets inside the car and Tae-hyung follows. He closes the door and Yoongi gets in at last. Seokjin turns on the engine and leaves the hospital. Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung who is deep in thought. She arranges her fingers together and Tae-hyung asked, "How d- Shush!"

Tae-hyung looks in front and Yoongi shakes his head. He said, "She can't hear you when she is thinking."

"Ah really..." Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung. He examines her and asked, "Why is she so young?"

"She is seventeen this year. She just finished college," Seokjin replied. Tae-hyung's eyes widened as he looks at the two males in front. He asked, "You're kidding me, are you?"

Yoongi shakes his head and Seokjin replied, "She is the youngest detective and perhaps, the only female Sherlock in Korea."

"Can't you guys keep quiet?!" Hyun-kyung scolded from behind. The three males nod and stay quiet and Hyun-kyung asked, "The body will be sent to the forensic team, right?"

"Yes, Little Sherlock," Yoongi replied. Hyun-kyung said, "Do not let anyone go inside the forensic lab when the body arrives. We have a doctor who can investigate the body and maybe the victim left some clues for us to trace the killer."

Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung, shocked. Hyun-kyung still has her bored expression and she said, "From there we can proceed to find evidences."

"How do you k- Your clothes." Tae-hyung looks and said, "My jacket is coated with Min-joon's blood."

"You just got back from Japan, finished your studies in three months and studying medical for one month while working at Kyoto University Hospital," Hyun-kyung said. Tae-hyung gasps in pure shock and asked, "How do you know?"

"First, you're wearing your name tag when you work at Kyoto University Hospital," Hyun-kyung replied bluntly. Tae-hyung looks and- "Second, you have lots of Japanese writing on your arm. To be exact, you wrote the procedures on your last surgery with a black fountain pen. Brand name, Parker."

"Wait, how do you know all of this?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung looks at him with an unreadable expression and replied, "I observe people. I don't miss anything."

Hyun-kyung looks outside and goes back to her thinking mode. Seokjin said, "She knows that my junior likes to play archery because she knows how he aim things when he throws to other people and also he always close one eye before throwing things at a target."

"Did she practice black magic then?" Tae-hyung asked, curious. Yoongi shakes his head and replied, "No."

 

29th May 2018, Gangnam Police Department [12:47]

They arrive at the police department and they all get out from the car. They walk inside the building and Hyun-kyung puts on her round glasses as she walks to the back. Yoongi, Taehyung and Seokjin follow her and Hyun-kyung takes out her pass from her pocket skilfully. She scans the card and opens the door before walking in. They all walk inside the forensic lab and Tae-hyung closes the door. Hyun-kyung puts on a pair of disposable gloves and a disposable mask. Tae-hyung does the same and Hyun-kyung walks before sitting on a tall stool. She starts doing her job and asked, "Is there any strange habit of his before his death?"

"W-what?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung look at him at the eye and replied, "He picked you up at the airport, gave you food and water, and hugged you a few times. He even went to the Plaza to visit you with a bag of energy bars and cold drinks. He offered himself to complete the report with you."

"Are you a stalker?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung glares at him and replied, "I don't stalk people. I observe them and read what's in their heads."

"That's invasion of privacy," Tae-hyung stated. Hyun-kyung asks, "How could you be certain of that? There's no proof that I stalked you."

Tae-hyung sighs heavily and nods and Hyun-kyung sighs heavily as well. She looks at the fist and straighten up the fingers, wondering why he did that. She saw a white thread falling to the ground. She takes the thread and said, "He was holding this when he got killed."

"That's a thread," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung puts the thread inside a plastic bag and zips it. She asked, "Was anyone there on the time the scene occurred?"

"I don't know," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung stands and takes out the mask. She throws the mask along with the gloves inside the dustbin. She said, "Yoongi, go and check the CCTV."

Yoongi stands and nods before leaving the forensic lab. Hyun-kyung said, "Seokjin, call Min-yoon and ask her to come back. She needs to identify whether he is her brother or not."

"How do you know his sister's name?" Seokjin leaves the room and Hyun-kyung replied, "Data analysis."

Tae-hyung finishes closing the cut and carries Min-joon's body inside a morgue. He closes the door and Hyun-kyung receives a call. She answers the call and hums before ending the call. She said, "You can't live at Min-joon's house from now on. That house is under investigation."

"What?! Then how am I supposed to stay?" Tae-hyung asked. The door is open and Hyun-kyung turns around. She smiles as she walks to a young man wearing a white shirt, grey tie, grey blazer, grey trousers and black Oxfords. He looks like the male version of Hyun-kyung. She hugs him and said, "You're here, brother!"

"How is my little sister doing?" The brother asked. Hyun-kyung replied, "I am doing great."

Hyun-kyung breaks the hug and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I am handling the case of Doctor Kang Min-joon," the brother replied. Hyun-kyung nods and said, "This is Doctor Kim Tae-hyun, late Doctor Kang Min-joon's friend. Doctor Kim, this is my younger brother, Prosecutor Ko Kwang-min."

"Are you two... siblings?" Kwang-min laughs and replied, "We're fraternal twins."

"What?!" Hyun-kyung clears and said, "I'm leaving. I need to find out more about this case."

Hyun-kyung leaves the forensic lab and Tae-hyung raises an eyebrow. He asked, "You're both twins?"

Kwang-min looks at Tae-hyung and nods. He said, "Let's talk outside."

Kwang-min and Tae-hyung leave the forensic lab and Kwang-min locks the forensic lab. They walk up the stairs and continue walking all the way to the back. Kwang-min stops walking and opens the door before letting Tae-hyung in. They walk inside the house and Hyun-kyung asked, "Why didn't you knock the door?"

"You always did that. Why can't I?" Kwang-min asked. Hyun-kyung searches something on the Internet and Kwang-min sits on his chair. Tae-hyung sits on a chair, facing Kwang-min. He asked, "Why that person wants to kill Min-joon?"

"Jealousy?" Kwang-min guessed. Hyun-kyung is still lost in thoughts as she concentrates searching for information. Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and asked, "Where is this doctor going to stay since the house will be under investigation?"

"He can live with you," Kwang-min replied. Hyun-kyung blink a few times before looking at her twin. She exclaimed, "What?!"

"No!" Tae-hyung objected. Kwang-min lean against the chair and takes out a yellow yo-yo. He plays with the yo-yo and replied, "That's the only way."

"By the way, we don't live in the same house. She rented a room at house number 127A," Kwang-min said as he continues playing with his yo-yo. Hyun-kyung turns on her laptop and stands. She said, "Let's go and ask the doctors and nurses who were at the operation hall."

Hyun-kyung walks and leaves the office and Tae-hyung asked, "Is she always like this?"

"She's the Sherlock. It's normal. Even I act like that," Kwang-min replied. Tae-hyung asked, "Who is the younger one? You or her?"

"She's ten minutes older than me but acts like she is ten minutes younger than me," Kwang-min replied. Tae-hyung asked, "But why you- Doctor Kim! Hurry up or else I'll make you suffer."

Kwang-min chuckles and said, "Quickly go to Hyun-kyung. She's quite impatient at times."

Tae-hyung stands and bows before running out from the office. He walks downstairs and leaves the police department. He runs to the black car and gets in before closing the door. Hyun-kyung said, "Go to Seoul National University Hospital."

"Yes, Sherlock," Seokjin replied as he drives to the hospital. Tae-hyung asked, "Is your name Sherlock?"

"Her real name is Ko Hyun-kyung. She uses the nickname Little Miss Sherlock almost every time," Yoongi replied. Hyun-kyung thinks of the crime scene carefully and said, "At 5.09 AM, Doctor Kang Min-joon left the operation theatre to change his clothes at the changing room located near the fifth operation theatre."

Hyun-kyung visualises the situation. She continues, "Before he managed to go inside the changing room, someone took out a blade and stabbed him from behind."

The scene becomes even more vivid. Hyun-kyung said, "Doctor Kang fell to the ground after the blade is pulled out and the suspect ran away. Doctor Kang managed to take a strand of white thread."

"The CCTV wasn't working at the time frame," Hyun-kyung continued. Tae-hyung looks at her and- "The suspect must had planned this before committing the crime. He or she must had made a deal with the security team to purposely turn off the CCTV at the location to hide evidences."

Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and said, "Since the suspect ran away, they must had dropped the blade anywhere."

"But if they don't drop the blade?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung close her eyes and replied, "He or she must had thrown the blade somewhere."

"That is why you asked us to tape the whole location," Seokjin replied. Hyun-kyung nods and said, "We need to get the thumbprint so we could identify who committed the gruesome murder."

 

29th May 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [15:02]

Seokjin parks the car at an empty parking spot and the four of them get out from the car. They close the door and Seokjin locks the car before they walk to the building. Hyun-kyung walks inside the building with confidence and swag and the policemen try to stop her. The other three walk in and Yoongi shows his badge before saying, "She has permission."

Hyun-kyung glances around as she walks with Tae-hyung and Yoongi around the hospital. She observes everything and saw a woman passing by. She stops her tracks and saw her name tag. She saw a white strand hanging out on her white coat and a bit stain of blood. Tae-hyung asked, "Why do you stop?"

Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and said, "During the crime scene occurred, there is a white strand of thread on Doctor Kang's hands."

Tae-hyung nods and Hyun-kyung said, "Plus, doctors don't wear white coats during operations."

Tae-hyung raises an eyebrow and Hyun-kyung snap her fingers before looking at him. She said, "Give me all the staffs' names and personal data."

"But how? Only the admins have it," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung with a bored explanation and replied, "Seokjin, Yoongi, accompany Doctor Kim and get all the staffs' information. I'm going to search around here."

"Roger that, Little Miss Sherlock!" Yoongi replied and leaves with Seokjin and Tae-hyung. Hyun-kyung walks while trying to find evidence that can be used to identify the suspect. She walks around and hears metallic heels approaching her. She turns around and saw the female doctor. She asked, "Why are you here? You're not allowed to be here."

"I am a doctor. I am allowed to be here," the woman replied. She raises an eyebrow and asked, "Who are you to have the rights to walk here?"

Hyun-kyung scoffs and takes out her badge. The woman's eyes widened and Hyun-kyung said, "I am a detective. To be exact, a consulting detective. Satisfied?"

The female doctor nods and Hyun-kyung glances thoroughly at the female. She asked, "Since you're here, mind following me?"

"F-follow you? To where?" The female asked. Her voice changed a lot. She looks like she is trying to hide something from Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung smirks and replied, "Follow me and you'll know where."

Hyun-kyung walks and the woman follows her. They leave the operation room and Hyun-kyung asked, "Do you work here seven years ago?"

The woman nods and replied, "Yes."

"Is there anyone you like here?" The woman stays silent and Hyun-kyung stops walking. She turns around and the woman replied, "I like this one guy who works at this hospital. He doesn't know that I like him until I confess to him. He said that he thinks of me as a friend and not more."

Hyun-kyung looks at the doctor and asked, "May I know who is the guy you're talking about?"

The woman breaks into tears and replied, "Doctor Kang..."

Hyun-kyung asked, "Why weren't you there when he was announced dead this morning?"

The woman looks at her and wipe her tears. She replied as she avoids Hyun-kyung's gaze, "I was at the laboratory."

"Laboratory? Why do you have red stains on your blazer?" The woman looks and laughs awkwardly before replying, "There was an operation."

"But as I recall, doctors don't wear white blazers during an operation," Hyun-kyung said. The woman's eyes widened and steps back. She shakes her head and Hyun-kyung approaches her. She corners the doctor and asks, "Why did you wear that coat during an operation?"

The doctor suddenly shouts, "I did not kill him on purpose! I didn't kill him purposely because I was mad at him."

"What?" Hyun-kyung asked, confirming the main suspect. The woman screams and cries loudly before saying, "I was forced to kill him! I was threatened by a male caller on the telephone. I don't want my family to die so that is why I killed Doctor Kang."

Hyun-kyung looks at her squatting on the floor and pulls her up. She takes out the handcuffs from her trench coat pocket and said as she handcuffs the woman, "I've recorded our talk. Now, we just continue this at the police station."

A group of policewomen arrive and brings the female doctor away. Tae-hyung arrives with the other two a few seconds later and asked, "Why is Doctor Shin arrested?"

"Not to go straight to the conclusion but she is the suspect who killed Doctor Kang Min-joon," Hyun-kyung replied. Tae-hyung gasps and- "I can't confirm it yet. We need more evidence and we will know who is the main suspect who ordered the doctor to kill him."

 

29th May 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [18:57]

Hyun-kyung parks the car in front of a traditional-looking house. Tae-hyung unbuckles the seatbelt and Hyun-kyung turns off the engine. She unbuckles her seatbelt and they go out from the car at the same time. They close the door and Tae-hyung walks to the car trunk to get his luggage. They walk inside the house compound and Hyun-kyung take her shoes off. She opens the door and Tae-hyung takes his shoes off before they walk inside the house. Tae-hyung closes the door and- "Little Miss Sherlock!"

Hyun-kyung bows to a woman in her late 30s who wears a simple floral dress and said, "He's living with us starting today."

"Ah really? That is wonderful!" The woman said as she claps her hands. Hyun-kyung leaves to her rented room and Tae-hyung asked, "How should I call you, madam?"

"Just call me Aunt Choi. Okay?" Tae-hyung nods and brings his luggage to another room. He walks in and puts his luggage there. He closes the door as he steps out and asked, "Can I know more about Little Miss Sherlock?"

"Hyun-kyung? Ah... sure. Let's go to the living room," Aunt Choi replied. They walk to the living room and sit on the expensive sofas. Tae-hyung asked, "How old is she?"

"She is seventeen this year. She is a prodigy since young. That is what her parents wrote in the diary," Aunt Choi replied. Suddenly, Hyun-kyung run downstairs and puts on her trench coat. She leaves the house and Tae-hyung asked, "Is there another case?"

"Looks like it," Aunt Choi replied. She looks at Tae-hyung at the eye and asked, "Your friend just died today, right?"

Tae-hyung nods and sighs heavily. He said, "He is such a nice friend. A nice senior and a brother to me. He actually cares about me more than I care about him."

"You two must had known each other for a while." Tae-hyung nods and replied, "He was the first senior that guided me during my first year working at the hospital."

"Hyun-kyung is also a science degree student. I don't know why she suddenly decided to take criminal law. I think she wants to follow her twin's steps."

"Has she dated anyone?" Aunt Choi replied, "She is a woman who doesn't need a man in her life except for her twin. She loves her twin dearly but to other males, she is either cold, rude or act cool in front of them."

"Ah..." Tae-hyung sighs heavily and said, "I want to know why the main culprit wanted to kill him. He is my best friend and now, I don't know whether I should continue working there or not."

"You decide your future," Aunt Choi advised. Tae-hyung pursed his lips and asked, "Can I ask something?"

Aunt Choi nods and Tae-hyung asked, "Why her nickname is Little Miss Sherlock?"

"Her nickname? You should ask that to her yourself. She got it after something," Aunt Choi replied.

 

29th May 2018, Lotte World [20:31]

"A female victim was killed here in Lotte World without anyone stabbing her or anything?" Hyun-kyung asked as she walks to the crime scene. Yoongi replied, "Yes. There is an explosion at her heart and- Oh wow!"

Hyun-kyung walks to the dead female and squats. The woman's chest burst and some of the pieces are around the body. She examines everything and put on her gloves before saying, "The incident occurred at 8.17 PM, here."

Hyun-kyung takes out a pair of forceps and takes an odd-looking pill inside the burst heart. She puts the pill inside the bag and said, "Call the witnesses. We need an explanation for this."

 

29th May 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [22:57]

"I had a strong feeling that the cases are connected but what is it? Why the suspect wants to kill them? Revenge? Power? Jealousy?" Hyun-kyung asked herself as she searches through the files. She recalls back what the female doctor said.

"I was forced to kill him! I was threatened by a male caller on the telephone. I don't want my family to die so that is why I killed Doctor Kang."

"The telephone called she received was actually a death threat from the real suspect who uses the doctor's parents' as a ransom in order to force the doctor to kill Doctor Kang?" Thoughts are playing inside Hyun-kyung's head as she tries to connect the puzzle.

"Is he the main suspect then?" Tae-hyung asked as he walks inside Hyun-kyung's rented room, holding a tray of Korean traditional food. Hyun-kyung is busy searching on the Internet and Tae-hyung puts the tray on a table. He said, "I made dinner for you."

"Make me tea," Hyun-kyung said as her eyes are glued to the computer screen that shows a video of a medical product. Tae-hyung looks at her and asked, "W-what? How about the food?"

"You made that. You eat it," Hyun-kyung said as she searches more about the pill. Tae-hyung whines, "But this is tw- I don't care how many portions are there."

"But Hyu- It's Little Miss Sherlock, young man." Hyun-kyung turns her chair to look at Tae-hyung before throwing a scroll at him. Tae-hyung catches it and asked, "What is this?"

"Memorise it." Tae-hyung opens the scroll and reads it thoroughly. He stops halfway and asked, "You want me to memorise the rules and regulations to live in this house?!"

"Yes," Hyun-kyung replied in a bored tone. Tae-hyung sits on the sofa and eats the dinner he made for Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung asked, "How could the pill go inside the heart?"

"Did the new victim recently had an open heart surgery?" Hyun-kyung looks through the medical reports and replied, "The last one she had was three weeks ago."

"How could the suspect do such things to innocent people?" Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and said, "Tomorrow, we're finding the caller. I have the doctor's phone with me."

"How do y- I am Little Miss Sherlock. I know all her passcodes and I know your phone password," Hyun-kyung interfered and the truth makes Tae-hyung gasps in shock before asking, "Are you a hacker or what?"

Hyun-kyung stands and replied, "I'm going to sleep." She walks to a beautiful sofa and lays flat on her back. She closes her eyes and wraps herself with a blanket before falling asleep. Tae-hyung finishes his dinner and leaves the room to go to sleep.

The next day, Tae-hyung wakes up from his sleep and gets off from bed. He stretches a bit and walks to the bathroom to get himself ready.

On the other hand, Hyun-kyung is finding for the caller using the doctor's telephone. She tracks the caller's location using the device tracker on her laptop before letting out a groan. She said, "The suspect uses a public telephone."

"He's smart to outsmart you," Aunt Choi said as she walks inside the room with a cup of chamomile tea. Hyun-kyung turns around and said, "The doctor and a female shopper were killed in different ways. The female doctor said that she was threatened. The witnesses said that the shopper was using her phone before her heart exploded."

"And?" Aunt Choi asked as she sits on the sofa. Hyun-kyung stands before walking around the room. She said, "I had suspected that the doctor couldn't done it alone. Even if she is mad because of one-sided love, she couldn't dare to do that alone. During the interrogation, she said that a man forced her to kill Doctor Kang. The female shopper, on the other hand, was killed during her chat with someone. It could be a death threat as well and-"

Hyun-kyung's phone rings loudly. She takes her phone out from her pocket and answers the call. She asked, "How is it going, Seokjin?"

"The female doctor is dead," Seokjin replied through the phone. Hyun-kyung stands and walks to put on her usual trench coat and Tae-hyung barges in just like that. Hyun-kyung walks and pushes him before running downstairs. He looks at Aunt Choi and- "Follow her."

Tae-hyung nods and run downstairs. He follows Hyun-kyung and they get inside the car. After closing the door, Hyun-kyung starts the engine and connects her phone to the radio. She calls Seokjin and asked as he answers the call, "When did it happen?"

Hyun-kyung starts driving and Seokjin replied, "According to the CCTV, it occurred at 7.41 AM. The doctor's heart exploded, like what happened to the shopper."

"This case is connected," Hyun-kyung mumbles to herself. She asked, "Have you obtain any more information before the explosion happened?"

"Nothing much. The doctor keeps saying that she was forced to do it. She refused to reveal who is the male caller," Seokjin replied. Hyun-kyung makes a sharp turn on a corner and- "Ah! I remembered something. I analysed the phone numbers between the victims and the doctor, and it seems like they called the same number a week before this happened."

"What?" Hyun-kyung asked. Tae-hyung looks at her and Hyun-kyung asked, "So Doctor Kang knew who is the suspect?"

"I think so. That's why he was stabbed at the heart." Hyun-kyung said, "Doctor Kang was killed at the heart, the doctor and the shopper's hearts exploded and there is a pill inside the shopper's heart. Ah!"

Tae-hyung asked, "What is it?"

"The suspect must be another doctor. I am sure of it. Can you check the doctor's last operation if she has?" Seokjin hums and replied, "Got it, Sherlock."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and asked, "Shin Dami. Aged 25. Last found dead at 7.41 AM at Gangnam Police Department. Lived in Jeju-do before moving to Yeoksam-dong five years ago. She graduated from Seoul National University three years ago. In the hospital, she worked as a neurosurgeon. Her father is one of the biggest shareholders in the hospital."

"I still can't get it. How do you know all of this?" Hyun-kyung replied, "Observe and increase your awareness. Be aware of the surroundings. Every little detail is important, even what shampoo you used."

"You're weird," Tae-hyung said and Hyun-kyung smiles. She replied, "I am weird since born but that doesn't stop me from being a consulting detective to find out the ugly truth behind every case."

 

30th May 2018, Gangnam Police Department [08:13]

They arrive and Hyun-kyung parks her car at an empty spot. She turns off the engine and they get out from the car before walking inside the department. Hyun-kyung quickly walks to the interrogation room and Yoongi said, "This place stinks."

Hyun-kyung opens the door and Tae-hyung gasps before looking away. He said, "That looks awful."

"What? Do you expect an explosion to turn out beautiful?" Hyun-kyung asked as she walks inside the room. She squats and looks at the dead body. She saw the same pill at the floor and picks it up with a pair of forceps. She examines it and said, "This is the same pill the shopper had planted inside the heart."

"Whoa what? How is that possible?" Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and replied, "Liquid bombs."

"Liquid bombs? I remembered Doctor Oh talking about that at the lab a few days ago," Tae-hyung said. Hyun-kyung stands and asked, "Doctor Oh?"

Tae-hyung nods and- "Tell me the details now. Seokjin, you should go with Jimin and Namjoon to Seoul National University Hospital to bring Doctor Oh..."

"Doctor Oh Seung-hyun," Tae-hyung replied. Seokjin nods and leaves. Hyun-kyung said, "Yoongi, bring Hoseok and Jungkook to the forensic room and investigate the bodies. Then, we will know who is the main culprit and arrest him once and for all."

Yoongi nods and leaves. Tae-hyung approaches her and squats before looking at the threads near the doctor's stomach. He looks at it closely and Hyun-kyung looks at it as well. Tae-hyung said, "I know who likes to stitch like that. It's different from the standard stitching."

They look at each other and Hyun-kyung asked, "Who?"

"Doctor Oh's the only one who stitches like that." Hyun-kyung takes her phone out and calls Yoongi. She said, "Bring the dead body to the forensic room. I think we can identify who's the main suspect."

 

30th May 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [14:21]

"Thank you for saving my daughter's life, Doctor Oh," a woman who looks like she is in her early 40s and wears a simple white blouse, baggy blue trousers and slippers, said as she shakes hands with a 32-year-old male doctor who has black hair, brown eyes and wears his doctor uniform, whom is recognised as Doctor Oh. Doctor Oh smiles and nods before he looks in front. He scoffs as he walks to Seokjin, Jimin and Namjoon. They stop walking and Doctor Oh said, "It's been a while since I last saw you, Jimin."

A male police officer named Jimin scowls at him and Doctor Oh asked, "Why are you here by the way?"

Seokjin shows his badge and said, "We're from the police station and you are under arrest for putting liquid bombs inside several bodies."

Namjoon and Jimin walk and Jimin handcuffs Doctor Oh. Doctor Oh is struggling and Namjoon drags him out from the hospital. He is shouting like a crazy person and Seokjin approaches the woman before asking, "May I see your daughter? I just want to clarify something."

"Clarify? About what?" The woman asked. Seokjin smiles and replied, "The stitches."

"Why about the stitches?" Seokjin sits next to the woman and replied, "Doctor Oh is under arrest for murder. He killed a doctor who was his patient and also a woman. They died because an explosion happened on their hearts. His stitching method does not obey the standards in the hospital."

A female nurse runs out from the operation hall and asked, "Where is Doctor Kim Tae-hyung?!"

The nurse runs and Seokjin quickly stops her. He asked, "Why do you need to find Doctor Kim?"

"Her daughter's heart is pumping rapidly, like it is going to explode," the nurse replied. Seokjin quickly takes his phone out and calls Hyun-kyung. He looks at the nurse and asked, "Can I go in?"

"You're not a license doctor. I can't let you in," the nurse replied. Hyun-kyung answers the phone and Seokjin said, "Sherlock! Quickly bring Doctor Kim here. There is a child just finished an operation and her heartbeat rate is unstable."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and Seokjin said, "Please hurry."

Seokjin quickly walks inside the operation hall and the nurse tries to stop him. Seokjin quickly walks inside the operation theatre and looks at the heart rate monitor and asked, "Aren't you guys doing something?"

"We c-" The door is open and Tae-hyung walks in while putting his gloves on. He puts on the disposable mask and said, "We'll start the operation. This is the battle against time. Seokjin, please check the heart rate monitor."

Seokjin nods and Tae-hyung silently does his work. Taking off the stitches Doctor Oh had made and ordering the nurses to give him the items he need. He said, "Doctor Oh's stitches are too complicated."

"Why is the heartbeat getting faster?" Seokjin asked. Tae-hyung replied, "The liquid bomb is about to react with the blood inside the heart."

"Liquid bomb?" The nurses asked. Tae-hyung nods and replied, "That's why Doctor Oh doesn't want anyone to help him during surgeries."

Sounds of the machine beeping and Tae-hyung still remains calm. He said, "Suction."

A nurse follows what Tae-hyung said and Tae-hyung pays full attention to his work. He finally found the pill and said, "Forceps."

Another nurse gives him the pair of forceps and Tae-hyung takes the pill out. He puts the pill on a tray and sews it carefully. Seokjin puts on his gloves and takes the pill before saying, "I think the colour of the pill before the explosion occur is colourless."

"Looks like it. It hasn't fully reacted with it yet," Tae-hyung replied. Seokjin sits on a chair and asked, "How does he make this?"

"We'll talk about that later," Tae-hyung replied.

 

30th May 2018, Gangnam Police Department [16:22]

Doctor Oh's license is withdrawn and finally under arrest for attempt murder. He uses his phone to activate the bomb and now, the bodies can finally be buried with the police's license. Hyun-kyung is sitting on her chair and stares at the window. Kwang-min looks at her and asked, "What are your thoughts about this?"

"He must be a member of an organization. He has a phoenix tattoo on his left wrist and some writing under it which is Il respiro di Lily, which means Lily's Breath," Hyun-kyung said. Tae-hyung walks in and Kwang-min asked, "How is the patient who nearly died because of Doctor Oh's work?"

"She is saved," Tae-hyung replied. He sits on a sofa and Hyun-kyung close her eyes before going to sleep. Kwang-min said, "That is a whole complicated case which I will never understand."

"Only she knows what's going on," Tae-hyung replied. Light snores could be heard and they look at Hyun-kyung, sleeping peacefully. Kwang-min smiles and said, "This case has indeed worn her out and besides, you two will be great friends."

"That will never happen," Hyun-kyung said before going back to sleep. Kwang-min chuckles and said, "Let's all eat some meat tonight. It's on me."


Episode one is out! I hope you guys enjoy the first episode