Episode Two: Book Collector

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

30th May 2018, On the Grill, Myeong-dong, Jung-gu [20:17]

The Ko twins, Aunt Choi, Tae-hyung and the investigating team known as Bangtan Boys and also known as Beyond the Scene, are chatting at the restaurant. There are a lot of food on the table and they are quite loud. The Ko twins laugh and Hyun-kyung hugs her brother as she fiddles with her twin's finger. Kwang-min looks at her and asks, "Are you okay?"

Hyun-kyung nods a bit before asking him, "When could we drink all those nice drinks they are drinking?"

Kwang-min chuckles and replied, "Next year."

Hyun-kyung groans and Tae-hyung looks at her. Kwang-min takes a piece of meat with his chopsticks and Hyun-kyung opens , wanting to eat that precious meat. Kwang-min brings the chopsticks to his mouth and opens his mouth before eating the meat. Hyun-kyung pouts cutely and Kwang-min kisses his sister's cheek before giving her another piece of meat. Hyun-kyung eats the meat and Kwang-min asks, "How's your relationship with him?"

Hyun-kyung stays silent and shakes her head. Kwang-min accidently brought up the wrong topic for the night. He said, "I'm sorry."

Hyun-kyung shakes her head and Aunt Choi snaps a photo of them. They look at her and Hyun-kyung asks, "Why did you a picture?"

Aunt Choi laughs and replied, "You two are so cute."

Tae-hyung and the boys are drunk and they're talking nonsense. Hyun-kyung looks at them and breaks the hug before saying, "I think I am not going to drink when I'm eighteen."

"You don't want to end up like that?" Hyun-kyung nods and Kwang-min receives a call. He takes his phone out from his pocket and smiles as he answers the call. He asks, "Hello?"

Kwang-min listens to the caller attentively and nods. He replies something and ends the call before standing up. Hyun-kyung looks at him and Kwang-min said, "I have to go, sis. The plaintiff wants to see me."

Hyun-kyung nods and Kwang-min kisses her cheek before leaving the restaurant. Hyun-kyung stands and said, "Aunt Choi, let's go home."

"Already?" Aunt Choi complained. Tae-hyung nods and replied, "I'm not going home yet."

Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and calls someone. The person answers the call and Hyun-kyung said, "Bring the boys here to collect them here at On the Grill Myeongdong. Please take Aunt Choi and Doctor Kim as well and send them back to my house. Now."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and replies before leaving the restaurant, "Suit yourselves."

 

31st May 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [07:30]

Tae-hyung walks out from this bedroom and walk downstairs. He looks at the kitchen and saw Aunt Choi cooking something. He walks to the kitchen and asked, "What is this smell?"

"Ah, you're awake?" Aunt Choi said as she turns off the stove. She looks behind and replied, "I made some omelettes. Korean style."

"How is it different than other omelettes?" Tae-hyung asked as he sits on a wooden stool. Aunt Choi puts the omelette on a plate before giving it to Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung puts the plate on the table and Aunt Choi replied, "It's more less the same."

Tae-hyung eats the omelette and Aunt Choi sighs heavily. She said, "Hyun-kyung is still not awake at this time."

"I thought she is always early," Tae-hyung said, curious. Aunt Choi laughs and replied, "Only if there is a case. If it is a normal day, she will sleep throughout the morning."

Aunt Choi looks at Tae-hyung and asked, "Aren't you going to work?"

"Ah..." Tae-hyung pauses for a moment. He confesses, "I actually quit my job."

"Are you serious about it? Then how are you going to work?" Tae-hyung chuckles and replied, "I am only playing jokes. I am still working at the hospital."

Aunt Choi sighs in relief and smiles. She pats Tae-hyung's head and said, "Your personality is really different than Hyun-kyung's. She does not have any siblings in her life."

"Really?" Aunt Choi laughs and replied, "She have her twins obviously." The two of them laugh and Hyun-kyung arrives at the kitchen. She walks to the counter and Aunt Choi said, "Eat your breakfast, Sherlock."

"It's okay, aunty. I just need some tea," Hyun-kyung replied as she opens the shelf. She takes a jar of green tea leaves and closes the door before making her tea. Tae-hyung drinks a glass of water and asked, "Are you going to work?"

"I work at home," Hyun-kyung replied. She pours the hot water into her teacup and continues, "I only go to the office if there is a case."

Hyun-kyung's phone rings and as expected, she uses her left hand to take out her phone from her pocket. She slides to answer the phone and puts the phone near her left ear. She said, "Hello."

Hyun-kyung drinks the tea and nods. She said, "You can come to my place and we'll talk about it."

Tae-hyung looks at her and- "Are you married by any chance?" Tae-hyung looks at Aunt Choi and shakes his head. He replied, "I am still single, aunty."

Aunt Choi clap her hands and said, "You should try to win her heart."

"Sorry aunty but she is not my style," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung ends the call and replied, "You're far from my league."

Hyun-kyung puts her phone in her pocket and washes the teacup. Tae-hyung stands and leaves the kitchen to go to the living room. He looks around the living room and examines every single item in the room. He looks at an old photo frame near an antique table and a beautiful flower vase. He approaches to the table and picks up the photo. He looks at the photo and said to himself, "She does look adorable when she was young. Her twin looked so feminine in the picture."

Tae-hyung puts the photo back on the table and looks at his left. His eyes widened as he saw Hyun-kyung leaning against the wall in the living room. Hyun-kyung's lips formed a smirk and she asked, "Why are you roaming around the room?"

"I am not roaming around. I just looked about the room," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung nods and stands properly. She approaches Tae-hyung and Tae-hyung step backwards. His back hits the wall and he winces a bit. Hyun-kyung stops in front of him and their height difference could be seen. Hyun-kyung is only a few centimetres shorter than Tae-hyung despite being younger than Tae-hyung. She is dominant against him and their stares are as cold as ice. Hyun-kyung smiles amusingly and said, "You'll always be the submissive one. I could see in your eyes."

Hyun-kyung smirks and walks away. She leaves the living room and Tae-hyung stands there, shocked by the sudden incident. His mind is still processing of what had just happened. He blinks a few times and asks himself, "Did she just do that?"

A knock could be heard at the door. Tae-hyung walks to the door and opens before asking an old man who wears a simple blue T-shirt, beige trousers and slippers, "Who are you?"

"Is Little Miss Sherlock here?" Tae-hyung nods and replied, "I can help you for a moment."

Tae-hyung lets the old man walk inside the house. He closes the door and brings the old man to the living room. They sit on a couch and Tae-hyung asked, "So what brings you here?"

"I have a serious case. My book collection has gone missing." Tae-hyung raises an eyebrow and asked, "Your book collection?"

"Yes. The whole series is gone except for this one," the old man said as he takes out a thick book out from a plastic bag. Tae-hyung takes it and asked, "The Sundrop: Volume One?"

"This is one of my favourite stories written by Alexander Williams III. It is a book written for more than 300 years," the man replied. Tae-hyung bursts into laughter and said, "Three-hundred-year old book? Ha! The book must have these old languages which are so odd to the society nowadays."

Tae-hyung stands and calms himself down. He shakes his head and sighs heavily. The man looks at him, weirdly and wonders if Tae-hyung needs to go for a therapy or rehabilitation. Tae-hyung looks around and said, "I'm sorry. I was quite rude and not even serious about this case. Sorry. Let's get back where we stopped."

Tae-hyung walks around the living room and looks at the man attentively. He asked the old man, "Can you tell me the details about it? When it happened? How it happened? Where did you last saw your book?"

The old man let out a deep sigh and replied, "It happened three days ago. I thought I misplaced it somewhere and I searched around the house for the book. I think one of my guests who came to hear my stories took it."

Hyun-kyung walk downstairs and asked, "Why are you trying to act like you're the Sherlock, Doctor Kim?"

Tae-hyung purse his lips before turning around with a fake smile plastered on his lips. Hyun-kyung lean against the wall and said, "Continue. I am watching."

"You're making me uncomfortable," Tae-hyung muttered. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and replied, "Your questions are filled with twists and hints. You should ask directly, instead of putting flowers on your words and make it 'sound' beautiful. The truth is never being beautiful. The truth is always ugly so your flowery questions are not worth it."

Tae-hyung looks back at the old man and said, "Sorry for the sudden interruption, sir. This is Little Miss Sherlock. She will continue questioning you."

Hyun-kyung shakes her head and replied, "You should ask him."

"I have an appointment today with a pat- You are trying to run away." Tae-hyung clench his fists and asked, "How do you know everything?"

Hyun-kyung approaches him and replied, "I am a sherlock. Obviously I know everything."

Hyun-kyung sits on a mahogany chair and asked, "Sir, may I know what's your name?"

"Park Ki-yong." Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and commands him to sit. Tae-hyung sighs in defeat and follows what Hyun-kyung had ordered him. She looks at him and said, "Watch it closely."

Hyun-kyung looks at Mr. Park and asked, "Do you have any children or grandchildren?"

Mr. Park shakes his head and replied, "My wife died when our first child was three months old."

"So you have a child for three months," Hyun-kyung said as she writes the details in her notepad. She puts her left leg over her right leg and asked, "What books that went missing on the day of the incident and why you tell me now?"

"All The Sundrop series are missing along with books written by Alexander Williams III. The only book left is the first volume of The Sundrop," Mr. Park explained, "I didn't tell you earlier because I thought I might have misplaced it somewhere and when I couldn't found it, I called you today." Hyun-kyung nods and looks at Tae-hyung who is reading the book. She said, "Give me the b- Some words are highlighted."

Tae-hyung looks at her and Hyun-kyung raises an eyebrow. She asked, "Highlighted? Why?"

"I don't know. One chapter has at most two words highlighted." Hyun-kyung looks at Mr. Park and asked, "Why the books you read are highlighted?"

"I also don't know. I just knew it after your assistant said so." Hyun-kyung senses that Mr. Park's tone changes a bit after mentioning about the highlighted words. She asked, "Does your house have a CCTV?"

"It's too expensive to install those," Mr. Park replied. Hyun-kyung sighs deeply and asked, "What is your house address? I will go there and gather clues about your missing books."

Hyun-kyung's phone rings and she takes her phone out before answering it. She stands and gives the paper and pen to Tae-hyung before leaving the room. Tae-hyung looks at Mr. Park and Mr. Park said, "22, Dohwa-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul."

Tae-hyung writes the address and said, "We will come and investigate about your missing books later. We'll keep in touch."

The man stands followed by Tae-hyung and the man leaves the house. Tae-hyung closes the door and someone headlocks him with a blade near his throat. His eyes widened as he takes quick, shallow breaths. He blinks a few times and asked, "W-what did I do wrong?"

The person moves away and Tae-hyung turns around. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and asked, "Are you serious about that?"

"I thought someone broke inside the house!" Hyun-kyung throws the blade in the dustbin and said, "We'll go to the house in the afternoon."

"But why do you have to do that?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung replied before she walks out from the house, "Testing your instincts."

Hyun-kyung slams the door and Tae-hyung jumps in shock. He gasps and let out a scoff before saying, "That's why she doesn't have any friends."

Tae-hyung walks out from the house and leaves the house compound. He walks slowly as usual and asks himself, "Why didn't she live with her twin and why her younger twin called her little sister?"

"Maturity," a male voice said. Tae-hyung jumps and looks behind before punching Yoongi's arm lightly. He asked, "How do you come here?"

Yoongi and Tae-hyung walk together and Yoongi replied, "I was passing by. Besides, later I need to go to the house for investigating the missing books."

Tae-hyung nods and asked, "Have you ever heard of The Sundrop series?"

"Ah... that one. The series is quite nice," Yoongi replied and stops walking. Tae-hyung stop his steps and they cross the road after the light for the cars turn red. They continue walking and Tae-hyung asked, "Are you free tonight?"

Yoongi shakes his head and replied, "I need to send my younger sister to her maths tuition."

"Ah really? Nevermind." Tae-hyung sighs heavily and Yoongi said, "Try to ask Seokjin. He might be free."

Tae-hyung looks at Yoongi and asked, "Will he accept my offer to have a drink?"

Yoongi nods and replied, "Yes. Trust me." His phone rings and Yoongi takes his phone out from the pockets of his black trousers. He answers the call and asked, "Yes Little Sherlock?"

"I need you to come at the house by one o'clock. I'll wait for you." Hyun-kyung ends the call and Tae-hyung asked, "What did she say?"

Yoongi looks at him and replied, "We need to be there by one."

Tae-hyung nods and they stop in front of a Chinese restaurant. They walk in and they sit at a table near the kitchen. A young lady walks to them and gives the menu before asking, "What do you want to eat, sir?"

Yoongi flips through the menu along with Tae-hyung and there are a lot of food. Yoongi closes the menu and replied, "One black bean noodles and sprite."

"Make that two," Tae-hyung replied. The lady nods and takes the menu before leaving. Tae-hyung sighs heavily and asked, "Why would someone steal books?"

"I don't know," Yoongi replied. He looks at Tae-hyung, eye to eye and asked, "You said that someone highlighted words in the first volume."

Tae-hyung nods and replied, "The words are in Italian."

"Perhaps it is a code?" Tae-hyung laughs loudly, attracting everyone in the restaurant. He realises this after he looks at Yoongi covering his face and looks around. He apologises and looks at Yoongi and asked, "Why a code? That man's poor."

Yoongi looks at him and replied, "That is why you should not judge a book by its cover."

Tae-hyung looks at him and asked, "You know that old man?"

Yoongi nods and replied, "He was an ex-prisoner who was caught for ual harassment five years ago."

Tae-hyung asked, "Does he have any children?" The food arrives a few seconds later and Tae-hyung observes the waitress. She is beautiful indeed. The waitress is about to leave and Tae-hyung quickly grabs her by the wrist. The waitress freezes on her spot and Tae-hyung said, "Thank you."

He let go of the waitress' wrist and watches the waitress turns red before walking away. He looks at Yoongi who has a clueless expression plastered on his face. He asked, "Why did you do that?"

Tae-hyung eats his black bean noodles and replied with his mouth full, "The waitress' name is Park Chae-young."

"So?" Yoongi asked as he eats his noodles. Tae-hyung finishes chewing his food and asked, "Don't they look similar?"

"Who are you talking about?" Yoongi asked. Tae-hyung roll his brown eyes and replied in a hush tone, "The old man and the waitress."

"The do resemble a bit but that must be coincidence," Yoongi replied as he continues eating his food. Tae-hyung raises his hands and Chae-young approaches him. Tae-hyung said, "I want to add on some fried dumplings and spicy rice cakes."

Chae-young nods and- "Also one bottle of soju."

"Soju already?" Tae-hyung asked. Yoongi nods and Chae-young nods before leaving. Yoongi looks at Tae-hyung and said, "Hyun-kyung won't mind if we came late."

"Why are you guys so late?" Hyun-kyung asked in a mad tone. Tae-hyung looks down and Yoongi replied, "We just have a drink at our usual place."

"Again?" Hyun-kyung asked. She continued, "For what?"

"Confession time," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung scoffs and roll her eyes before giving out a command, "Quickly rinse your mouth and let's get back to work."

"We barely sober yet," Yoongi said as he sits on the floor. Tae-hyung joins in and Hyun-kyung said, "Just do it quickly."

Tae-hyung's phone rings and Yoongi looks at him. Tae-hyung takes his phone and looks at the caller ID. He let out a deep sigh and answers the call. He said, "You know my phone number."

"I know everything, Tae-hyung," Hyun-kyung said on the phone. Tae-hyung asked, "Why are you calling me?"

"I need you to go and buy some calamus oil." Tae-hyung raises an eyebrow and asked, "What is calamus oil?"

"Make sure you get it right or else I'll kick you out from the house." Hyun-kyung ends the call almost immediately and Tae-hyung groans as he puts his phone in his pocket. Yoongi asked, "Why are you groaning like that?"

"She asked me to buy calamus oil." Yoongi laughs and said, "She also asked me to buy that last year and ship it to her."

"What does she even do with it?" Chae-young arrives with their new orders. Tae-hyung asks before Chae-young manages to leave, "What's your father's name?"

Chae-young looks at him and replied, "I can't remember. My father's d-dead."

Chae-young quickly runs to the staffs' room and closes the door. She locks it and take several deep breaths to calm herself down. She sits on the floor and asks herself, "Did they found any proof that I am related to Mr. Park?"

Chae-young hears a knock and stands up. She faces the door and opens it before asking, "Yes?"

"Are you okay?" A waitress asked. Chae-young nods and replied, "I am fine."

 

31st May 2018, Gangnam Police Department [10:45]

"Why does the suspect highlight these words?" Seokjin asked as he write the highlighted words in his notepad. Hyun-kyung sits on her desk and replied, "I am not sure but what I know those Italian words define something about life, death and sacrifice."

Hyun-kyung looks at Kwang-min who is playing his yo-yo and asked, "Do you know anything about this case?"

Kwang-min puts his yo-yo on the table and replied, "The Sundrop series tells about couples and people sacrificing to get what they want and when trouble comes, not only their lives are gone but what they traded their souls to get what they want will disappear just like that. Plus, those highlighted words mean death, living souls, mourning, tears and more."

Kwang-min stands and walks around the room as he stands near a window. He looks outside and Hyun-kyung said, "The suspect wants to attempt murder."

"Murder? Why is that related to the books?" Seokjin asked. Kwnag-min adjust his round glasses and replied, "The book called Souls mainly focuses about the main character's plans and actions to murder his parents."

"But the man said that he doesn't have any children," Seokjin said. Hyun-kyung put her legs on the table and leans her back against the back of the chair. She replies, "He has a daughter."

"But she was involved in an accident when she was three months old!" Hyun-kyung let out a chuckle and said, "His tone was different when I asked about him having any children. I also think that he knows about the highlighted words in the book before Tae-hyung mentioned it."

"What if he hid those books and made a report about it?" Hyun-kyung looks at him and stands before saying, "Let's go."

 

31st May 2018, 22 Dohwa-dong, Mapo-gu [13:12]

"Thank you for coming, Sherlock," Mr. Park said and Hyun-kyung straight away walks inside the house, purposely not taking her heels off. Kwang-min walks in and said, "Take your shoes off, sis."

Hyun-kyung stops walking and take her heels off before throwing the heels to Seokjin. Seokjin quickly catches it and puts the heels outside while Hyun-kyung walks around the messy, old living room. Kwang-min walks upstairs and Seokjin approaches Hyun-kyung before- "Find the clues here. I'll find it at the study room."

Suddenly, Tae-hyung and Yoongi arrive and they wave at Hyun-kyung and Seokjin. Grins plastered on their lips and Hyun-kyung pinches her nose before saying, "I can't believe you guys drink in the afternoons."

Seokjin laughs and Hyun-kyung roll her eyes in annoyance. She said, "Look around here for clues. Seokjin, you watch them as well."

Hyun-kyung leaves to go upstairs and Seokjin face palms before sighing heavily. He approaches Tae-hyung and Yoongi who are still high and drags them to sit on the chairs before handcuffing them. He said, "If you find trouble I'll kick your butts off."

"Actually I was joking," Tae-hyung said. Seokjin looks at him and Tae-hyung said, "Only Yoongi drank at the restaurant."

Seokjin approaches him to take off the handcuffs and Tae-hyung stands. Seokjin stands as well and said, "Sherlock's at the study room upstairs."

Tae-hyung nods and walks upstairs before heading to every room to find Hyun-kyung. He reaches at the third door and opens it before saying, "I was joking."

Tae-hyung walks in and Hyun-kyung is finding something around the study room. Hyun-kyung approaches him and they stop their tracks, Tae-hyung's eyes widened in shock. He asked, "W-what is going on?"

Hyun-kyung smells something and asked, "You saw a woman at the restaurant, right?"

"A lot of women," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung takes Tae-hyung's wrists and said, "You talked to Park Chae-young, a waitress at the restaurant. She wears a unique kind of perfume."

"Whoa, that was unexpected." Hyun-kyung let go of Tae-hyung's wrists and asks, "What did you ask her?"

"Asking if she is the man's daughter because they resemble a bit." Hyun-kyung hums and walks around, finding more clues.

"What's so precious about that book?" Tae-hyung asked as he checks around the study room. Hyun-kyung stop her tracks and replied, "The Sundrop: Volume One tells about a couple who wanted a child but they couldn't have one. They asked Eileithyia, the goddess of childbirth and midwifery if she could give them a child. One day, a drop of sun rays fell on Earth and granted the couple a beautiful daughter. The couple took care of the girl until she grew up as a beautiful maiden who is envied by the society because of her good looks and humble personality. At the end, after the couple left the home country after being banished by the king, the daughter disappears just like that."

"Do you like to read poetry?" Hyun-kyung squats at a flower plant and takes a white envelope. She replied, "I like whatever I like."

Hyun-kyung tears off the envelope and takes out a white paper out from the envelope. She opens it and reads the letter thoroughly. She raises an eyebrow and asked, "Did the man said that he does not have a daughter?"

"Yea. Why?" Hyun-kyung stands and replied, "The letter is from his daughter."

"Let me see," Tae-hyung said as he walks to her. Hyun-kyung stands and gives him the paper and Tae-hyung reads the letter. He said, "I don't know who's writing is this."

Tae-hyung touches the paper and said, "The paper's a bit oily."

Tae-hyung rub his fingers and smells it before saying, "I don't know what smell is this."

Hyun-kyung takes the paper and inhales a bit to smell what is it. She shakes her head and replied, "It's definitely not Chae-young's perfume."

Hyun-kyung leaves the room and Tae-hyung follows her downstairs. They all assemble at the living room and the man arrives with drinks and cookies. He puts the snacks on a wooden table and sits next to Kwang-min. Hyun-kyung looks at the old man and asked, "Who was the last person who came to visit you?"

"Um... the landlady of course. She came here a few weeks ago." Tae-hyung eats the cookies and Hyun-kyung asked, "Why did she came here? Collecting your money to pay for the rent?"

"I thought she wanted to collect the rent fees but she simply walked in and checked all the rooms in the house." Kwang-min takes the cookie and smells something fishy. He stands and excuses himself before walking to the kitchen. He looks around the kitchen and said to himself, "The cookie's spoilt."

Kwang-min examines the dirty kitchen and takes out his phone. He quickly calls someone as he checks the kitchen. The person answers the call and Kwang-min said, "Young-min ah, quickly come back here."

"Why? I heard our sister finally came back." Kwang-min hums and replied, "She's here alright. I have a case to solve and I think you know about this one."

"I'll see first if I can get a flight ticket. I'll choose the earliest time and where could we all meet?" Kwang-min thinks for a moment and replied, "Just meet us at home."

"Hyun-kyung lives at her rented house. Which house exactly do you want me to go?" The male voice who is known as Young-min, asked. Kwang-min replied, "My house."

"Okay. I-" A phone rings loudly from Young-min's place. Kwang-min hears Young-min answering the call and Kwang-min listens to the call. Young-min ends the call and said to Kwang-min, "I have another case to solve here. I'll try my best to come there."

"Thank you, brother," Kwang-min replied and ends the call. He walks out from the room and Hyun-kyung asked, "Why did you go to the kitchen?"

"I just want to take a cup of water." Hyun-kyung stands and said to Mr. Park, "We'll leave now. We will update you if we found any more information about it."

They all walk out from the house and Hyun-kyung gets inside he twin brother's car. She closes the door and Kwang-min gets in before starting the engine. Tae-hyung knocks the window and Hyun-kyung lowers the window before Tae-hyung asked, "How about me?"

"You follow them. We got family business to attend," Kwang-min replied as he closes the window and the door. They leave the house and Tae-hyung looks at Seokjin and Yoongi. He said to them, "They're always like that."

"Not all the time," Seokjin replied. He continued, "Let's go and have a drink."

"I remembered something!" Yoongi exclaimed. He looks at them and said, "I have to send my sister for her classes. You two can go and have fun drinking."

"Okay then," Tae-hyung replied. Yoongi walks out from the house compound and Seokjin said, "We have a lot of things to talk about."

"What things?" Tae-hyung asked. Seokjin opens the door and smiles before replying, "You'll know soon."

On the other hand, Kwang-min is driving to somewhere. Hyun-kyung said, "I think Mr. Park fabricated the case. He said that he does not have a daughter but the writing in the letter said that it is her daughter. Plus, I found the letter near a flower pot."

"I am not sure about that. By the way, Young-min will come here soon," Kwang-min replied. Hyun-kyung nods and sighs heavily before saying, "I can't believe all of us are the same age and only you two are identical."

Kwang-min chuckles and replied, "You're the eldest one in the family but you keep act like you're the youngest member in the family," Kwang-min said as he makes a turn near a junction. Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and thinks about something. Kwang-min parks his car near a parking spot near a cafe and turns off the engine. He takes off his seatbelt and looks behind. He sighs heavily and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Hyun-kyung replied. Kwang-min shakes his head and said, "You look so stressed about it. Is it about your ex-boyfriend again?"

Hyun-kyung stays silent. Kwang-min gets out from the car and closes the door. He opens the door for his twin to get out from the car. Hyun-kyung closes the door and they walk inside a cafe to cool themselves down. They sit at a table located near the window and Hyun-kyung is lost in thoughts again. Kwang-min is also lost in thoughts and the drinks arrive. Kwang-min quickly snaps out of it and drinks his drink before asking, "Why don't you tell me about it?"

Hyun-kyung looks at him and takes her drink before drinking it a bit before eating a slice of cake. She stares blankly at the cake and confesses, "He cheated on me."

Kwang-min let out a gasp and asked, "Why?"

Hyun-kyung eats the cake and replied, "I found him talking with my best friend. I don't mind about that though but as time goes by, I found out that they were talking about something dirty. I accidentally read a message from his phone and found out that he wants to plant seeds in my friend. It's honestly disgusting."

"He's such a pain in the . He can't be trusted at all," Kwang-min said as he eats a bit of the cake. He saw the elder twin sheds a tear without herself realising it. Kwang-min uses his thumb to wipe her tears and Hyun-kyung looks at him before Kwang-min said, "It's okay. That guy's useless anyway. You still have us triplets."

Hyun-kyung looks away and nods. She is bottling up her emotions and Kwang-min holds her left wrist. He folds the sleeve and saw the faint bruises on her left arm. He looks at her in pure shock before asking, "What happened?"

Hyun-kyung replies, "I hit myself."

"Why did you do such thing?" Kwang-min asked. Hyun-kyung shakes her head and replied, "Nothing."

"Don't tell me he did this to you. You can't even lie." Hyun-kyung let out a deep sigh and nods. She looks at him and said, "I got that before I broke up with him."

Kwang-min folds back the sleeve and said, "That's why you were quiet when I asked you about your relationship nowadays."

Hyun-kyung can only nod and sips her drink. She asks, "Why are men so useless? They're such jerks."

Kwang-min sighs heavily and replied, "Not all men are useless. Well, nowadays are hard to find nice men. Most of them are losers."

Hyun-kyung cracks up a bit and smiles before Kwang-min smiles as he saw his twin's expression. He pats her head and said, "You made me remember when Young-min cried when his love was rejected."

"I remember that," Hyun-kyung said. Kwang-min asks, "Why are we even talking about this in the first place?"

The fraternal twins laugh and Hyun-kyung said, "I want to go back and think about the case."

"Stay in my house tonight. I miss my siblings okay?" Hyun-kyung smiles and nods.

 

31st May 2018, Club Avenue (21:47)

Seokjin and Tae-hyung walk inside the club and sit on a couch near the back of the club. They order some alcoholic drinks and the music could make their ears deaf. Several girls approach them and sit with them before trying to flirt with the two men. Tae-hyung talks with the girls and Seokjin just stare at them. One of the girls in the group touches Seokjin, attracting his attention. He looks at the girl and realises who is it. He whispers, "Min-yoon?"

"I never know I could see you here," the girl named Min-yoon said. Her breath smells like alcohol and said, "I come here to forget about my brother's death. Ugh he's such an as* for dying like that."

"But he's your brother." Min-yoon nods and replied, "Actually I do care about him. It makes me sad and disappointed because he left like that."

The beverages arrive and Min-yoon takes a glass of wine before sipping it. She asks, "Why are you here by the way?"

"Relaxing my mind and that boy wants to drink with me." Min-yoon raises her left eyebrow and looks at Tae-hyung who is kissing a girl. She looks at Seokjin and replied, "Tae-hyung's quite a player to be honest."

"Really? He doesn't even look that wild when he was with Hyun-kyung." Min-yoon chuckles and said, "That's because Hyun-kyung is charismatic."

"I'll join you later, baby. I need to talk with my friend," Tae-hyung said and the girl nods before winking at him. She leaves with the other girls and Tae-hyung looks at Seokjin and Min-yoon. Min-yoon stands and excuses herself and Seokjin can only smile at him.

"I still can't get over the fact that she knows everyone's whereabouts and their habits and also everything about that person," Tae-hyung said as he drinks a glass of wine at the bar. Seokjin chuckles as he takes a sip and replied, "Little Miss Sherlock is always like that. Even if she knows everything, there are some things she is weak at. Besides, she doesn't know almost everyone's whereabouts much unless she checks their data on her laptop."

Tae-hyung looks at Seokjin and said, "She looks like she knows everything."

"She does." Tae-hyung sighs heavily and said, "You're confusing me."

"Sorry," Seokjin apologised while finishing his glass of wine. He smiles faintly and said, "She actually knows everything. She learned everything in advanced compared to her twin. They both study in advance but Little Miss Sherlock is way more advanced. She studied in elementary school when she was four years old while her brother studied in elementary when he was five. Little Miss Sherlock learns two years' syllabus in the same year. If you know what I am trying to tell you."

"She studied Year One and Year Two when she was five?" Seokjin nods and replied, "That is what I am trying to tell you."

"Now I get it," Tae-hyung replied. Seokjin drinks his wine and said, "They're actually triplets if you want to know."

"You're kidding me," Tae-hyung said. Seokjin shakes his head and replied, "Kwang-min's the youngest. Hyun-kyung is the eldest. The middle is Young-min."

"I'm so confused." Seokjin laughs and said, "You'll find out soon. Plus, I never know you could make out with random girls."

"I don't do that often." Seokjin stands and replied before leaving, "You seem experienced with it."

 

1st June 2018, House of 81, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [08:21]

Hyun-kyung sits on a sofa and thinks about the case deeply inside her head, trying really hard to figure out about the case. Kwang-min walk downstairs and said, "Let's wait for ten more minutes. Young-min will arrive here soon."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied as she closes her eyes. Kwang-min approaches her and sits next to her before pulling her to lay on his lap. Hyun-kyung wraps herself into a human ball as she falls asleep. Kwang-min chuckles and asked, "Since when she sleeps a lot?"

"Since she last sleep with all three of us," a voice said. Kwang-min turns around and smiles as a young male who looks exactly like Kwang-min, dressed up in a neat black suit. He walks go his twin and pecks his cheek before smiling as he looks at Hyun-kyung sleeping peacefully. He said, "Our sister is still the same till now."

"Some things never change, Young-min." Young-min walks and sits on a couch as he takes out his tablet. He said as he turns on the tablet, "I already read it and I think it is a message or maybe passcode."

"I don't know." Young-min said, "About the man named Mr. Park Ki-yong, he does have a daughter. The daughter's body couldn't be found during the investigation."

"Where did the accident takes place?" Young-min replied, "But this is not what you expected."

"What do you mean?" Young-min replied, "The wife was murdered at the house. The daughter could not be found. There were no fingerprints on the body nor the killing weapon."

"Could it be Mr. Park himself?" Young-min sighs heavily and thinks before replying, "Maybe or maybe not. The problem is we don't know where is the daughter. The daughter might be alive right now. Plus..."

Young-min takes out one of the book written by the same author who wrote The Sundrop and said, "One book costs a hundred dollars now."

"What is that related to this?" Young-min replied, "The man's salary is none to ten dollars a month. How could he even buy the whole collection in a week?"

"I am even more confused." Young-min face palms and said, "I think he lied for being poor and he lied about the missing books. He might lie that he wasn't at home during the eerie murder happened. He might also lie for his daughter being dead."

The door is opened and Tae-hyung walks in with Seokjin and Yoongi. They bring Mr. Park and Chae-young in and Hyun-kyung quickly sits before saying, "That is what I think as well."

They turn around and stand before letting everyone to sit. Hyun-kyung said, "Tae-hyung, give me the girl's notepad."

Tae-hyung takes it and gives it to Hyun-kyung. She flips through the notepad and checks with the letter. Young-min said, "You said that your family died after being hit by a car but according to the records that were supposed to be erased a few years back, it was stated that your wife was killed in the house."

Tae-hyung looks and asked, "What's going on?"

"You killed your own wife," Young-min replied. Hyun-kyung puts the letter and notepad on the table and said, "I've made a DNA test between you and Miss Park."

She stands and gives them the DNA results. She walks around the room and said, "Your DNAs match 99.9% so you two are actually related."

Hyun-kyung stops and leans near Chae-young's right shoulder, giving her the creeps. Hyun-kyung smirks and said, "Plus, we stayed up all night to figure out the thumbprints that were on the book. The suspect seems to touch the words in Italian before writing it inside a notepad."

Hyun-kyung walks to Mr. Park and said, "Your daughter is planning to kill you as a revenge for you killing her mother. Before she wanted to kill you, she killed people before stealing your books so she could see you going crazy."

Hyun-kyung stop her tracks and Kwang-min said, "You may think we're talking nonsense but we actually came to your houses to investigate about it."

 

31st May 2018, 62A, Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu [00:21]

Hyun-kyung walks inside the house through the window. She closes the window and a car is waiting outside. Kwang-min said through the walkie-talkie, "The books must be somewhere at the house. I checked the secret camera at the house which apparently he said he didn't have those things."

Hyun-kyung turns on her flashlight and walks around the bottom floor. She flashes the light behind and her expression remains the same as she saw Chae-young looking at her with a pocket knife. She smirks and asks, "So you know why am I here?"

"You wanted to find out about the missing books right?" Hyun-kyung chuckles and replied, "So you do know why I am here."

Chae-young aims the pocket knife near Hyun-kyung's neck and said, "My father killed my mom. He made me triggered since I was very young. He couldn't see me because a woman took me out from the house. Every day, I am traumatized by the incident and a few years back, I found him at the same house. I wanted to get my revenge against him so that is why I stole his books that he stole from my old house."

"You sure have nerves to do such cruel thing to your own father," Hyun-kyung said as Jungkook approaches Chae-young from behind and pulls her away. Hyun-kyung snatches the knife and turns Chae-young around before handcuffing her. Jungkook quickly walks inside a locked room which he uses a hammer to knock off the doorknob. He turns on the lights and gasps before saying, "There's a lot of rotten corpses in the room."

Hyun-kyung stands and pulls Chae-young up, facing her. She laughs before saying, "Guess you're worse than your own father."

Hyun-kyung pulls Chae-young closer and whispers, "You're lucky that I will send you straight away to the police station. We need a confirmation about you and your father which at the end, you two are official sentenced in jail."

 

1st June 2018, House of 81, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [09:11]

Hyun-kyung sits on the arm of the couch before saying, "Your father killed your mother because she cheated on him. You killed men because they cheated on their girlfriends before you became a waitress. You wanted to kill your father after figuring out where he lives and you stole the books that he stole from you."

Young-min then said, "Arrest them."

Yoongi and Seokjin walk to them and drag them out from the house. Hyun-kyung closes the door and said, "I haven't properly welcome you back, Young-min."

Young-min chuckles and replied, "You don't have to."

Hyun-kyung turns and runs to him before hugging him like a koala. Tae-hyung tries to refrain from laughing and Kwang-min said, "Tae-hyung is laughing."

Hyun-kyung breaks the hug and glares at Tae-hyung before asking, "Why are you still here?"

"The car's not enough for me to get inside," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung stands before saying, "I'm going to sleep upstairs."

"Before you go, how do you know all this?" Tae-hyung asked. He continued, "I don't understand anything from today."

Hyun-kyung walks to the kitchen and takes a glass of water. She drinks the water and walks back to the living room before replying, "They had planned this beforehand."

The vision changes into a scene where Mr. Park and Chae-young are talking. Hyun-kyung said, "Chae-young found out her father but she doesn't want to accept him as her family member at all. She was raised by her neighbour who eventually moved to Samseong-dong that night."

The vision changes and- "The girl's mother's body was found a few days later after a neighbour complained about a strange, rotten smell on 17th April 1992, 11:23 am."

The vision shows a female who walked inside the house and screamed before running out. The female ran all the way to the police station and reported about it. The police arrived at the crime scene and collected clues about it. Mr. Park walked in and saw the situation before he started crying."

"Chae-young grew up and her trauma gotten worse. In fact, she was bullied at school and the first person she killed was the neighbour." Tae-hyung walks and sits on a chair before asking, "Why did she even do that?"

"She must had gotten the information about her father and killed those who know her father. She killed them one by one to track her father and when they did, Chae-young wanted to kill her father to make him feel how he killed her mother." Tae-hyung sighs heavily before saying, "This is complicated."

"At least this nonsense is over, I can rest," Hyun-kyung said before her phone rings. She groans in annoyance before answering the call. She asked, "Hello?"

Hyun-kyung listens to the caller and a smirk plastered on her lips. She replies, "I'll be right there."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and immediately leaves the house. Tae-hyung and the twins look and quickly leave the house and get inside the car. They close the doors at the same time and Hyun-kyung drives out from the house. She calls Jimin and- "Hurry up, we have another case. This time, the most expensive jewellry is being stolen."