Episode Three: The Jewellry

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

1st June 2018, House of 81, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [10:01]

"A new case this time?" Young-min asked as he gets off from the sofa. Hyun-kyung nods and quickly runs to a coat hanger. She takes her trench coat and runs out from the house. Young-min, Kwang-min and Tae-hyung walk out from the house and they get inside Young-min's awesome, cool, bright red Lamborghini. Young-min starts the engine and drives out from the house. Young-min asks, "What's the house address?"

"Mansion number 523-16, Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul," Hyun-kyung replied as she checks the address in her phone. Young-min nods and Tae-hyung asks, "What item is missing exactly? What kind of jewellry is it?"

Hyun-kyung replies, "Bvlgari Blue Diamond."

Kwang-min gasps and asks, "That expensive ring?!"

Hyun-kyung nods and Young-min said, "It is not as expensive as the Graff Pink."

"How much does it costs?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung replied, "More than 12 million dollars."

"What?!" Tae-hyung and Kwang-min exclaimed at the same time. Young-min hums and replied, "You two heard that right."

"Crime scene occurred at 31st May 2018, between midnight until 6 am. The thief knew the passcode of the mansion and also the passcode to unlock the secret room underground." Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and said, "You put your birthdate as your password in your phone."

"You know everything about me," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung said, "Birthdates are commonly used as passwords. Some people use their identification card number as their password. The most common passwords are qwerty and 123456."

"Don't even try to expose my password!" Young-min exclaimed. Hyun-kyung looks in front and replied, "Your password is- Please don't expose it!"

Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and Young-min looks at the road attentively. He asks, "Do you remember the case about Stella Maris and Sigma Octantis?"

Hyun-kyung nods and asks, "Why?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Kwang-min asked. Tae-hyung looks at him and asked, "You don't know about it?"

"It's a case happened from November 21st, 2005 until January 17th, 2007 in several places in London, United Kingdom," Young-min replied. Hyun-kyung nods and said, "To be exact, that is the first case Young-min and I were involved. We were very young that time but we're already geniuses. Kwang-min only joined in the case of Our Lady's Tear on March 8th, 2009."

"Our Lady's Tear?" Tae-hyung asked. Kwang-min replied, "Someone misused the Lilly of the Valley by making the pollens into poison in order to kill the Duchess of Sus. It looks like sugar powder even the royals don't know about it until we investigated about it."

"It contains saponins, convallarin, convallamarin and more cardiac glycosides," Hyun-kyung said. Tae-hyung nods and replied, "That's true."

Tae-hyung recalls something. He asks, "You're a science degree student right?"

Hyun-kyung nods as she plays with her phone. Tae-hyung asked, "Why did you decide to take criminal law?"

Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and replied, "Being a consulting detective seems to be more interesting that being a cardiac electrophysiologist but at least I got some foundation about that."

 

1st June 2018, Mansion number 523-16, Pyeongchang-dong, Gangnam-gu [10:45]

Tae-hyung and the Ko triplets arrive at a beautiful mansion. They get out from the car and Hyun-kyung walks into the mansion full of slumber, without taking off her heels. Tae-hyung takes his shoes off and said, "Take off your heels. It's rude to walk inside a house with your shoes on."

Hyun-kyung stops and examines a painting that is hanged on a wall. She takes her heels off and random throws it. Tae-hyung catches the heels and exclaims, "It's dangerous to throw heels!"

Hyun-kyung walks around the luxurious living room and asks a maid, "Where's the owner of the house?"

"You're here, Sherlock!" Hyun-kyung looks up and her eyes widened in shock. She tries to hide her emotions as she saw a young male wearing a black suit. His jet-black hair is combed neatly and he has a Rolex watch on his left wrist. The man walks downstairs and Tae-hyung stands next to her. The man stops walking and smiles before saying, "It's been a while, Sherlock."

Hyun-kyung smiles without any sincerity and nods. Tae-hyung asks the male, "When's the last time you saw that ring?"

"Mr. Chae Min-jae, we'll talk about this at your study room if you don't mind," Hyun-kyung said and the male named Min-jae nods in agreement. He said, "Let's go."

They walk upstairs and Tae-hyung said to Hyun-kyung, "The house is so big."

"It's a mansion. Obviously is big," Hyun-kyung replied as she looks around. She stops in front of another painting and Tae-hyung tries to drag her to the study room. Hyun-kyung steps on Tae-hyung's left foot and Tae-hyung yelps in pain. Hyun-kyung observes the painting and- "That painting was a gift from the Duke of Beaufort."

Hyun-kyung nods as she realises something odd. The gap between the wall and the frame of the painting is big. She asks, "How long do you have this painting?"

"For quite a while," Min-jae replied. Tae-hyung said, "Sherlock, we need to t- Let's go."

Hyun-kyung walks straight to a white door and Min-jae said, "That's the master bedroom, Sherlock."

Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and Tae-hyung approaches her before drags her to the study room. They walk inside the study room and Hyun-kyung asks, "How did you get the ring?"

"During an auction last year. It is 13.5 million dollars now," Min-jae said as he sits on his white leather office chair. Hyun-kyung and Tae-hyung sit on the other two wooden chairs. Hyun-kyung asks, "When was the last time you saw that ring and where did you keep it?"

"Last night on 9.45 pm. I kept it inside the jewellry room at the basement." Hyun-kyung raise her eyebrows in amusement and takes her phone out. She dials someone's number and slaps Tae-hyung's right arm before asking him to continue for her. Tae-hyung roll his eyes and asked, "Do you have the CCTV footage between 9 pm until 6 am?"

Min-jae nods and turns the computer screen so Tae-hyung could see it. Tae-hyung uses the mouse and Hyun-kyung said, "Give us a copy of the footage. I'll let my team to analyse it."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and Tae-hyung asks, "Who did you call?"

"My younger twins. I ask them to investigate at the basement." Tae-hyung looks at the camera footage and Min-jae said, "Sorry but I can't give you the footage."

"Why?" Hyun-kyung asked. She continued, "We need it so we could identify who's the main suspect."

Min-jae sighs in defeat and replied, "Okay." He gives a blue USB to Hyun-kyung and Hyun-kyung stands. She keeps the USB inside her pocket and walks around the room. Her phone is left on the table and Tae-hyung stands. He said, "I'll go to the restroom first. I ate too much this morning."

"Whatever. Be back quick," Hyun-kyung said and Tae-hyung leaves the study room. Hyun-kyung walks to Min-jae and takes her phone before asking, "Mind giving me a tour around the house?"

"What the do you want now, Hyun-kyung?" Hyun-kyung walks to the door and locks it before replying, "You abused me when I lived at the US and I don't know that you had a girlfriend, Min-jae. You used me as a toy when I offered a room for you to stay. Your girlfriend ing accused me for trying to seduce you which I have no ing interest on you."

 

22nd July 2015, Sierra Vista Apartment Homes, Loma Linda, California [19:00]

"How was your presentation just now?" Hyun-kyung asked as Min-jae walked inside the house, drunk. He approached Hyun-kyung who was at the kitchen and hugged her. Hyun-kyung pinched her nose and asked, "Did you drink again?"

"Why do you even care about that? This is California! We're in the US! We can ing do everything we want," Min-jae said with a slur. Hyun-kyung wriggled free from his embrace and walked to the living room. Min-jae followed her and replied, "Presentation was awful."

Hyun-kyung sat on the couch and replied, "You should had use the notes I had prepared for you."

"You're so ing useless!" Min-jae yelled and used his hands to choke Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung struggled to get free. She used her hands and hit his ears before kicking his thigh. Min-jae screamed in pain and Hyun-kyung pushed him away. Min-jae fell on the ground and Hyun-kyung quickly got off from the couch. She tried to run but Min-hae grabbed her ankle, causing her to fall. Min-jae stood up and said, "You're not going anywhere my dear."

"Let me go!" Hyun-kyung elbowed him and Min-jae covered with his left palm. Hyun-kyung screamed and quickly bit his palm. Min-jae cried in pain and Hyun-kyung quickly get off from him. She almost succeeded running out from the house but unfortunately, Min-jae pinned her down before asking, "Where do you want to go, Hyun-kyung ah?"

Hyun-kyung glared at him and Min-jae clenched his left wrist before throwing a punch at Hyun-kyung's face. Hyun-kyung cried in pain and despair before Min-jae choked her. Hyun-kyung struggled to breath and stretched her right hand to open the door. Min-jae saw this and grabbed a fistful of Hyun-kyung's hair before knocking her head on the wall. Hyun-kyung immediately passed out and Min-jae said, "That's what you get for trying to escape from me, nitwit."

The next day, Hyun-kyung was lying in bed, looking a bit awful. Min-jae was asleep as well and by the looks of it, he had done something to Hyun-kyung after she passed out. Hyun-kyung groaned in her sleep and blinked a few times as she looked around. She sat properly and yawned before rubbing her sore eyes. Her hair was dishevelled and tries to get back to reality. She looked at her right and saw Min-jae was asleep with his bare torso. Hyun-kyung's eyes widened in shock as she looked under the covers. She wanted to scream but she was scared to wake the man next to her. She quickly took her phone on the bedside table and dialled Young-min's number. She waited patiently and tried to hold her tears. Young-min answered the call and Hyun-kyung walked out from the room with the blanket wrapped around her. She closed the door and Young-min asked, "Are you okay, sis?"

Hyun-kyung ran up to her room and closed the door before locking it. She sat on the floor and cried profusely, unable to talk about it. Young-min was worried and asked, "What's wrong? Why are you crying? Do you want me to go there?"

Hyun-kyung nodded and replied, "Young-min... please don't t-tell Kwang-min about this."

"What happened to you?" Hyun-kyung cried before replied, "Min-jae me."

"What?! Okay. I'll come to fetch you. I-" Loud knocks could be heard on the door. Hyun-kyung hugged herself and- "I'll call the police. I'll get you out from there.

"D-don't call the police. Please, I beg you," Hyun-kyung whispered.

"Hyun-kyung~ are you in here? I need a round two my little boo," Min-jae cooed from outside. Hyun-kyung shake her head and- "Hyun-kyung. Listen to me. I'm five minutes away from your place. I've called the police already. They will arrest Min-jae and bring you out from here."

"I'm scared," Hyun-kyung croaked. Young-min said, "Listen to me. I'm here. Whatever you do, don't hang up the call."

Hyun-kyung hummed and- "Yah Ko Hyun-kyung! Open up this ing door!"

Hyun-kyung let out a cry as Min-jae continued to knock the door harshly. She held onto the phone firmly and Young-min said on the telephone, "You're my oldest triplet. You must be strong. I'm almost here."

"Hyun-kyung, I love you so much. Thank you for taking care of us when Mom and Dad left us," Young-min continued. Hyun-kyung listened to her twin's voice and sounds of keys could be heard. Hyun-kyung quickly stood up and ran inside the walk-in closet with the blanket. She closed and locked the door and Young-min said on the phone, "We have each other. Kwang-min needs your support as the eldest triplet."

Hyun-kyung heard the door open and she prayed so that she won't be discovered. She quickly put on an oversized blue hoodie and the closet door swung open. She screamed and Min-jae's head was knocked by a baseball bat. He fell and Young-min smiled as he peeked at her. Hyun-kyung smiled and ran before hugging him. She cried profusely and Young-min shushed his sister before saying, "Everything's over now."

The policemen walked inside the room and carried passed out Min-jae out from the house. Young-min looked at Hyun-kyung and kissed her cheek before tears rolled down on his cheeks. He said, "I'm here, sis. I'm here for you."

 

1st June 2018, Mansion number 523-16, Pyeongchang-dong, Gangnam-gu [11:30]

Min-jae smirks cunningly and laughs loudly as he recalls back the incident occurred in the US. Hyun-kyung is extremely mad about that. She said, "I am not here to talk about personal issues."

Hyun-kyung sits on the chair and continued, "I don't believe you at all. I still have to find out where is your precious ring and who took it."

Tae-hyung walks inside the study room and said, "Sherlock, we got to go."

Hyun-kyung stands and leaves the study room. She pushes Tae-hyung away and Tae-hyung looks at Min-jae. He bows and said, "We'll get that ring back."

 

1st June 2018, Gangnam Police Department [12:21]

Kwang-min is reading through the documents in his office. Hyun-kyung walks to her chair and sits lazily before thinking hard to solve the case. Kwang-min put his legs on his work table and said, "This man sure has a lot of jewellry for his wife."

Hyun-kyung is lost in thoughts. She thinks deeply and Kwang-min looks at her with a calm expression. He stands and approaches her and sits on a chair, facing her. He waves his right hand near Hyun-kyung's eyes and finger snaps. Hyun-kyung blinks a few times and looks at him before asking, "Huh?"

"What's on your mind?" Kwang-min asked. Hyun-kyung sighs heavily before replying, "Someone just broke a promise."

"What promise?" Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and replied, "Nothing. What's the use of thinking about it? Besides, he's useless."

Young-min walks in and puts a cup of honey tea on Hyun-kyung's desk. Hyun-kyung takes the teacup and drinks the tea before asking, "Why did he hesitate to give the footage?"

"He hesitated?" Young-min asked as he sits on a couch. Tae-hyung is checking the footage and replied, "Yup."

"Aren't you going to the hospital?" Kwang-min asked. Tae-hyung looms at him and replied, "I don't have any appointments."

Hyun-kyung said to Young-min, "He wants to give the ring to his wife after he a teenager a few years ago."

"He's a ?!" Tae-hyung exclaimed. Kwang-min looks at them and takes off his round spectacles. He asked, "How did he get that much money? What did he work as?"

"Chae Min-jae. A graduate from California State University - San Bernardino. Aged 24. Involved in a case which he had a 15-year-old female teenager at Sierra Vista Apartment Homes. Crime scene occurred between 7 pm until 11 pm. The suspect came back drunk and the victim tried to ran away. He knocked the victim's head on the wall and her when she passed out."

The flashback is so clear and Hyun-kyung screams in fear as she covers her ears and closes her eyes. She shakes her head and Young-min quickly gets off from the sofa. He runs to hug her and calms her down by singing a lullaby. Kwang-min puts the paper on the table and asks, "Why did you scream, Hyun-kyung?"

Hyun-kyung immediately falls asleep and Young-min sighs in relief. He looks at Kwang-min and replied, "She was startled by something."

Kwang-min nods and stands. He leaves the office and Tae-hyung receives a phone call. He stands and leaves the office to go the hospital for an operation. Young-min looks at Hyun-kyung and hugs her before saying, "Your secret is safe with me."

On the other hand, Kwang-min walk downstairs and heads to the cafeteria. He buys a cup of coffee and saw Suga queuing up as well. He asks, "Buying coffee?"

Suga nods and replied, "Yes. The usual one."

Kwang-min nods and recalls back why Hyun-kyung screamed. The vision keeps playing in his head and- "Prosecutor Ko."

Kwang-min snaps back to reality as he looks at a female officer standing behind the counter. He blinks a few times and asks, "Miss Kim, why are you here?"

"I'm just helping the staffs for today. They're quite busy, you know," the beautiful policewoman named Miss Kim replied. She has long, wavy blonde hair and stands on an average height. She wears her police officer uniform and wears a light pink lipstick. Kwang-min said, "I want a cup of iced mocha."

"Roger that, boss!" They laugh and Kwang-min pays for the drink. He asks, "Can you see me at the office later?"

"Office? Why? Is it about Sherlock?" Kwang-min nods and Miss Kim smiles before replying, "She's always like that. You know her."

Miss Kim prepares the drink and Kwang-min said, "Today she's a bit different."

"Different? What do you mean?" Miss Kim asked. Kwang-min sighs heavily and replies, "We have a case of the missing ring. After we went back from the mansion, we were talking about the owner of the house. He was a and was caught in America."

"Who? There's quite a number of them," Miss Kim said. Kwang-min replied, "Chae Min-jae."

"Ah... he's married to my friend's cousin." Kwang-min looks at her, shocked and Miss Kim sighs heavily. She replied, "He's quite an during family dinners."

"What do you mean about that?" Miss Kim gives Kwang-min the drink and replied, "Quickly move it. Others are waiting."

Kwang-min leans close to Miss Kim and Miss Kim is taken aback of his actions. She gulps and Kwang-min smirks before replying, "You didn't button up the button near your chest."

Kwang-min leaves and Miss Kim looks. She looks back at him and shouts, "Prosecutor Ko!"

Kwang-min walks upstairs and heads to his office. He opens the door and asked, "Dou want anything?"

Young-min shakes his head and replied, "It's okay."

Kwang-min closes the door and heads to his chair before sitting down lazily. He drinks his iced mocha and flips through the documents. Young-min flips through his paper work and said as he checks each reports, "I never know I'll come back with this much stack of paper work."

Kwang-min laughs and replied, "You're lucky that half of the paper work were handled by Miss Kim and Sir Middleton." Young-min could only nod and the door creaks open. He looks up and the door is open wider. Miss Kim walks in and Young-min smiles before saying, "It's been five years since I last saw you, Miss Kim."

Miss Kim looks at Young-min and let out a chuckle. She replied, "Welcome back, Inspector."

Miss Kim walks to Kwang-min's table and sits on a chair. She looks at him and asks, "Why did you call me?"

 

1st June, Seoul National University Hospital [14:57]

"Doctor Kim!" Tae-hyung walks out from the operation room and looks on his left. He smiles as a young female doctor approaches him. She clings arms with him and asks, "Why weren't you here for a few days?"

Tae-hyung replied, "I was busy with other personal business. Sorry."

"It's okay," the doctor replied. She kissed Tae-hyung's left cheek and her hazel orbs are interesting in Tae-hyung's point of view. He looks at her with a smiles and gives her a quick peck on her pink lips. He saw the doctor blush hard and said, "Doctor Jung, do we have any more patients for today?"

They walk together to the lobby and Doctor Jung replied, "Um... not really. Doctor Song, Doctor Cha and Doctor Oh just went inside the operation hall and by the looks of it, it's all done."

Tae-hyung nods and- "Your girlfriend I see."

Tae-hyung freezes on his spot along with Doctor Jung. They turn around and Seokjin smiles before asking, "Is she your girlfriend, Tae-hyung?" Doctor Jung hugs Tae-hyung's arm firmly and asks, "What do you want? Who are you?"

Seokjin approaches Tae-hyung and said, "Nice girlfriend you had there."

Seokjin pats Tae-hyung's right shoulder and leaves the lobby. Tae-hyung looks at Doctor Jung and pats her head before asking, "Are you free tomorrow night?"

"W-why?" Doctor Jung asked. Tae-hyung smiles and replied, "Answer my question first."

"I'm quite free tomorrow night." Tae-hyung smiles cheekily and said, "Wear the most beautiful outfit you have. I want to bring you to somewhere."

Doctor Jung nods and smiles before replying, "Okay Doctor Kim."

 

1st June 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [16:32]

Hyun-kyung arrives home and Aunt Choi said, "Sherlock! Take your bath quickly. We're going out later."

Hyun-kyung walks to the kitchen and asks in an exhausted tone, "Where are we going now?" Aunt Choi looks at her with a wide grin and replied, "You'll know when we arrive there."

Hyun-kyung groans and replied, "Fine." Hyun-kyung leaves the kitchen and walks upstairs before heading to her room. She closes the door and flashbacks of the incident comes back. She stumbles a bit and holds onto the couch before putting her hand on her head. She kneels all of the sudden and asks herself, "Where did I put that medicine?"

Hyun-kyung scans around her room and stands up slowly. She walks to her work table and opens a small drawer under her table and takes out a bottle. She opens the cap and takes a red pill before swallowing it. She drinks a glass of water and puts the glass on the table forcefully. Luckily, it didn't break yet. She closes the cap and hides the bottle back in the drawer before closing it. She sits on her chair and take deep breaths before looking at her watch. She stands and heads to the bathroom to get herself ready.

After a while, Hyun-kyung walks out from the bathroom, wearing a simple white blouse and black trousers. She closes the door and dries her hair and Aunt Choi walks in. She looks at Hyun-kyung and asks, "Are you really going to wear that?"

Hyun-kyung walks to her table and asks as she wears her silver watch, "Why?"

"No, no. That looks so wrong. We're not on a business meeting. We're going out for a dinner party," Aunt Choi replied as she closes the door. She walks to Hyun-kyung's wardrobe and opens it. She tries to find a decent clothing for Hyun-kyung to wear and Hyun-kyung said, "There's no use finding a nice outfit for me. Besides, this is s- Found it!"

Aunt Choi shows Hyun-kyung a strapless wine red dress decorated with black flowers on the waist and completes with a black ribbon on the left side on the torso of the dress. Hyun-kyung groans and stomps to Aunt Choi before replying, "I am not wearing that."

"You must wear it. You'll look stunning," Aunt Choi said. Hyun-kyung cross her arms and shakes her head. She replied, "Nope. I am not wearing that dr- That means you want me to be disqualified from the shares of MQ Enterprise?"

Hyun-kyung blinks a few times before her hands fall to her side. She sighs in defeat and replied, "Okay. This will be the last one."

Hyun-kyung takes the dress and walks behind a folding screen to change her clothes. Honestly, she doesn't really like to wear dresses and now she will wear that! Aunt Choi sits on the couch and asks, "Are you done yet?"

"Not yet!" Aunt Choi waits for three minutes and Hyun-kyung walks to her, looking stunning wearing that dress. Aunt Choi looks at her and stands before clapping delightfully. She said, "You look pretty, Sherlock."

"Aunt Choi, can I not wear this?" Aunt Choi shakes her head and replied, "You must wear this. By the way, this will complete your look."

Aunt Choi motions her to sit and opens her purse. She starts to put on makeup on Hyun-kyung's face and Hyun-kyung can't even protest one bit. Aunt Choi finishes Hyun-kyung's look with a fake long, wavy dark brown wig. She clips the wig on Hyun-kyung's hair firmly and said, "You look pretty, Hyun-kyung."

"Can we go now?" Aunt Choi stands and nods. She replied, "I'll let you borrow my heels for tonight."

"By the way, is that place far from here?" Aunt Choi replied, "Not really. We have to go early so we could see some exhibits before the party starts."

"Ok- Ah! I forgot something. You need to look a little more presentable." Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and Aunt Choi said, "Wait up. I'll get something to complete that gorgeous look."

 

1st June 2018, Gangnam Police Department [16:51]

Young-min finishes his last paper work and stands. He stretches himself and Kwang-min said, "Finally." He stands and the twins leave their office before walking downstairs. Young-min looks at his watch and said, "We got to go to Grand Hyatt."

"Do we have to?" Kwang-min groaned. Young-min nods as they walk out from the police station. They head to Young-min's car and get inside the car before closing the door. Kwang-min asks, "Hyun-kyung isn't following us?"

Young-min shakes his head and replied, "She went back home and sleep as usual."

"Ah..." Young-min starts the engine and leaves the department. He concentrates on driving and Kwang-min asks, "Do you want to invite Tae-hyung?"

"Doctor Kim? Why?" Young-min asked. Kwang-min replied, "For fun. You know, he needs to go out to these kind of events."

"Ah... okay. I'll call him." Young-min uses the radio to call Tae-hyung and waits patiently. Tae-hyung answers the call and groaning sounds could be heard. The twins raise their eyebrows and- "Tae-hyung! I'm almost there."

Young-min ends the call immediately and Kwang-min asks, "What did we just hear?"

"Don't meddle with others' business. Besides, Hyun-kyung doesn't like him at all. She didn't even think of him as a friend." Kwang-min looks at him and asks, "How do you know?"

Young-min smiles and replied, "Be more observant."

"Now you sound like Hyun-kyung." Young-min smiles and replied, "I don't sound like her for nothing. Even you speak like her sometimes but you don't realize it at all."

 

1st June 2018, Grand Hyatt [18:03]

Hyun-kyung and Aunt Choi walk inside the banquet hall and everyone is chatting among themselves. Hyun-kyung looks around and takes note of every detail of the hall. Aunt Choi walks somewhere and Hyun-kyung didn't follow her. She walks around the hall and her phone rings. She takes out a red purse and s the purse to take out her phone. She answers the call and asks, "Why do you call me, Jungkook?"

"I've investigated the list of guests that will be attending to that event. Mr. Chae Min-jae will be coming there as well since at 20:00 sharp, there will be an auction happening at the banquet hall," Jungkook replied on the telephone. Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "When he left the house, all of you go inside the house. The maids and security guards will follow him as well because he will treat them dinner when he wins the auction."

"Do you know what items will be auctioned tonight?" Jungkook sighs heavily and replied, "It is not what you expected."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asks, "Usually they will auction expensive items, right?"

"Uh-huh." Jungkook replied, "The company plans to sell girls."

Hyun-kyung's eyes widened and quickly looks behind as someone taps her left shoulder. She turns around and laughs awkwardly before saying, "I'll call you back."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and Min-jae said, "I did not expect you to be here."

"Ah... Aunt Choi brought me here," Hyun-kyung replied before excusing herself. Min-jae grabs her wrist and pulls her close before whispering in her left ear, "I was expecting you to be here with me."

Hyun-kyung wriggles her wrist free and looks at Min-jae before slapping him. Min-jae laughs and asks, "Why? Are you scared?"

Hyun-kyung scoffs and said, "Scared? Me? No way."

Min-jae smirks cunningly and said, "Men, take Hyun-kyung to the back."

Two men approach Hyun-kyung from behind and Hyun-kyung turns around before throwing a punch. One of them winces in pain and the other catches Hyun-kyung by holding his arms firmly around her waist. Hyun-kyung struggles to get herself free and Min-jae takes out a shotgun before aiming at her forehead. Hyun-kyung's eyes widened in shock and Min-jae said, "Move again and I will kill Aunt Choi first."

"Don't you dare kill Aunt Choi," Hyun-kyung muttered. Min-jae laughs before replying, "Fine. I'll kill Doctor Kim Tae-hyung first since he knew I stole the ring from the Queen of England."

"You what? How could you?" Hyun-kyung asks and Min-jae replied as he aims the gun at Hyun-kyung's chest, "I will do anything to get what I want."

"I dare you to kill me," Hyun-kyung said as she steps on the man's foot. He quickly let go of her and Min-jae throws his gun to one of his men before catching Hyun-kyung. She tries to escape but his embrace is too strong for her to withstand it. Min-jae quickly takes out a syringe filled with colourless liquid and stabs her forearm before pushing the plunger. The liquid fuses inside her and Hyun-kyung becomes numb and exhausted thanks to the rapid effect of the liquid. She is unable to fight and her body is becoming weak.

Min-jae throws the syringe inside a dustbin and whispers in Hyun-kyung's ear, "You're one of the girls that I will be auctioned tonight."

Hyun-kyung looks at him with a glare and tries to push him away. She stumbles and Min-jae catches her before laughing as he witnesses how weak she is now. He said, "Now you're too weak to fight me. Men, take her to the back. We'll start the auction at 7."

The men drag Hyun-kyung out from the banquet hall and Hyun-kyung tries to break free despite becoming weaker. She is dragged to the back of the hall and one of them opens the door. Hyun-kyung, on the other hand, is planning a strategy to catch Min-jae and bring him to court. The men push Hyun-kyung inside the room and closes the door. She falls and a click could be heard. She sits near the door and knocks the door rapidly as she shouts for help.

"There is no use knocking that door," a young lady said. Hyun-kyung looks at her and asks, "Who are you to say that to me?"

"Sherlock, I know who are you. We're friends since middle school and I hate you for being the smartest kid in middle school," the girl said. She wears a simple emerald green sleeveless dress. Hyun-kyung laughs like a crazy woman and said, "At least I am not willing to sell myself to some weird people out there."

"Whatever," the girl replied. Hyun-kyung takes out her phone and the effect slowly becomes worse. She dials Tae-hyung's number and calls him, hoping that he will answer the call. The girl stands and snatches the phone when Tae-hyung answers the call. Hyun-kyung looks at her and tries to get up. She is limping and the girl laughs before saying, "Your glorious life as a consulting detective is over, Hyun-kyung."

Hyun-kyung scoffs and said, "You are a real , Jaemi."

Jaemi laughs before throwing the phone. Tae-hyung is listening to the conversation and Jaemi said, "You are going to suffer forever. What's the use of finding the truth? Could you bring Min-jae to justice? Try to put him in jail and you will never see the light forever."

Jaemi holds Hyun-kyung's chin and Hyun-kyung shoots her with a glare. Jaemi smirks in amusement and said, "It's fun seeing you getting mad like this and being a weakling."

Jaemi laughs before saying, "I want to see you getting again, just like what happened at Sierra Vista."

 

1st June 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [18:23]

Tae-hyung listens to the whole conversation and ends the call. He records the whole conversation using his phone and quickly leaves his office. He runs downstairs and sprints out from the hospital, still wearing his doctor's coat. He gets inside his car and turns on the engine before closing the door. He drives out from the hospital and asks, "So the victim is her all along? First, Mr. Chae lied that his ring was stolen and now - Ugh! I need to save Sherlock first."

Tae-hyung speeds up his car and the traffic light turns red. He quickly drifts his car before making a sharp left turn. He uses his radio to track Hyun-kyung's location. He looks behind as he hears sirens, police cars chasing him. In his mind, he is worried about Hyun-kyung.

Tae-hyung holds onto the steering of the car firmly and he makes several sharp and dangerous turns. He speeds up and pass through cars as he looks at the time. Yoongi calls him and Tae-hyung answers the call immediately. Yoongi said, "The auction will start at seven. I can't reach to Hyun-kyung at all."

"," Tae-hyung replied. He ends the call and continues to drive at a high speed and a few kilometres away from the hotel, he slows down the car slowly and continues pressing the brakes gradually before letting go and pressing it again. He looks behind and said, "The police couldn't find me."

 

1st June 2018, Grand Hyatt [18:59]

Tae-hyung eventually stops his car in front of the hotel and turns off the engine. He gets out from the car and runs inside the hotel before sprinting to the banquet hall. He walks in and quickly sits next to Aunt Choi who looks at him with a smile. She asks, "Have you seen Hyun-kyung?"

"I don't know," Tae-hyung replied. Two of the Ko triplets arrive and sit next to Tae-hyung. Kwang-min looks at Aunt Choi and asks, "Hyun-kyung's sleeping right?"

"No. She followed me here," Aunt Choi replied. Young-min looks at the younger one and Kwang-min said, "But Young-min said that she wants to sleep."

"I asked her to come with me. I don't like to go alone." The emcee arrives and everyone pays attention to him. Min-jae arrives and sits next to Aunt Choi before saying, "You're here, Doctor Kim."

Tae-hyung nods and- "As we all know, there will be an auction before the big dinner. Well, for your information, we won't be auctioning expensive items like we usually do but..."

The emcee attracts everyone's attention. Tae-hyung wants to say the truth but- "We will be auctioning beautiful, hot girls to celebrate MQ Enterprise's 23rd anniversary!"

"What?!" The twins exclaimed along with Aunt Choi while the crowd claps loudly. Tae-hyung takes out his phone and calls Hyun-kyung. He mutters under his breath, "Please answer."

"That's why the guests are talking about girls," Aunt Choi said. The emcee calms everyone down and Tae-hyung whispers, "She's not answering."

The emcee looks at the card and said, "Our first lady to be auctioned is a very beautiful lady. She is a very smart genius. Not only a genius but she has a very hot body!"

The males go wild and Young-min whispers to Kwang-min, "I'm calling the police."

Kwang-min nods and replied, "I've recorded the event to make it as a proof."

Young-min sends the report using his tablet and everyone gasps as the first lady to be auctioned is pushed to the stage. Aunt Choi gasps before shouting, "Sherlock!"

Hyun-kyung falls onto the stage and one of them men holds her up. Hyun-kyung wants to escape from this hell and Tae-hyung said, "Young-min, Kwang-min, you need to see this."

The twins look up and their eyes widened in shock. Kwang-min stands and shouts, "Hey! Why do you plan to auction my triplet?!"

The emcee clears his throat and replied, "I'm sorry sir but please take a seat."

Kwang-min sits and Young-min said, "We just have to auction to get our triplet back."

The emcee talks about Hyun-kyung and Hyun-kyung seriously wants to fight. She uses all her strength to push the males ordered by Min-jae and runs. She quickly runs behind Young-min and hugs him firmly before saying, "I'm scared."

Kwang-min looks at his eldest triplet and glares at everyone else, excluding his family and Tae-hyung. The emcee shakes his head and said, "You can't go to anyone you like, my dear. We need to start the auction! Who's going to bid to get her?"

"500K!" A man in his late 40s said. Everyone starts to bid and Young-min looks at Kwang-min and said, "I'll do it to protect Hyun-kyung."

Kwang-min nods and Young-min said after he lifts his card, "50 million!"

Everyone gasps by the bid he puts and Young-min looks at Hyun-kyung. He pats her head and- "Calling once! Call- 75 million!"

Min-jae is the one who said that. He looks behind and smirks before the emcee said, "Calling once! Calling twice!"

"100 million!" Young-min shouts as he lifts his card again. Hyun-kyung holds onto Young-min white blazer and an old man said, "250 million."

"No way!" Kwang-min exclaimed. Young-min couldn't believe his ears as well. The emcee said, "Calling once! Calling twice! Ca-"

Tae-hyung holds his card and stands before saying, "300 million."

The crowd is going wild. Hyun-kyung asks, "How are you going to- I have my ways."

The old man said, "500 million!" Min-jae is laughing at his seat and replied, "500 million? Pfft! So cheap. 750 million!"

"Calling once! Calling twice!" My last blow must work this time, Tae-hyung thought. The emcee is about to announce the winner and Tae-hyung lifts his card before he said, "One billion dollars."

"You're ing serious right now?!" Hyun-kyung whispered. Tae-hyung looks at her and nods. The emcee said, "One billion dollars! Who wants to bid more?"

Everyone stays silent and- "Three billion dollars!"

Min-jae gives his blow and Tae-hyung sits before looking at Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung doesn't want to go to him at all. The emcee said, "Calling once! Calling twice!"

My freedom is over, Hyun-kyung thought. Just then, the police barge in and everyone is going crazy. Some of them try to run away but the police manage to block every exit. The emcee is about to say that it is final and Jimin catches him before handcuffing him. Young-min turns around before hugging Hyun-kyung firmly. Kwang-min hugs them and the triplets cry, don't care who saw them. Hyun-kyung said, "I'm sorry."

Tae-hyung stands and Aunt Choi asks, "Why is Hyun-kyung being auctioned?"

"Mr. Chae Min-jae, you're arrested for stealing the Duchess of Edinburgh's ring, human trafficking and other crimes related to that," Seokjin said as he drags Min-jae out from the banquet hall. The triplets break the hug and Tae-hyung said, "The victim involved in Min-jae's case is you."

Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung before looking down. She sits on the floor and covers her face with her small hands. Kwang-min looks at him and asks, "How - Why didn't you tell me?"

Young-min pulls Hyun-kyung up and replied, "We'll talk about this at home."

 

1st June 2018, House of 81, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [20:30]

The triplets and Tae-hyung are inside Young-min's study room. Kwang-min lets Hyun-kyung sit in between his thighs and combs her hair after taking the wig off. Young-min said, "Hyun-kyung wanted to keep this a secret but the truth is always ugly and it's been exposed in a bad way."

Kwang-min hugs Hyun-kyung and rests his chin on her bare right shoulder. Young-min continued, "Min-jae shared a room with her during her studies in the US. She helped him with his notes and dated him for a short while."

A vision appears and it visualises Hyun-kyung and Min-jae dating five years ago. They were eating cotton candy and went out for several dates. The vision changes to Hyun-kyung finding out that Min-jae actually had a girlfriend. Hyun-kyung hid the fact that she knew about it until she exploded it when they argue. Min-jae slapped her and choked her before threatening her with a pocket knife near her stomach. Hyun-kyung was struggling to breathe and eventually, she passed out because she lacks oxygen. She fell on the floor and Min-jae left the living room. For days they kept quiet and Min-jae begged Hyun-kyung to help him for the presentation. Hyun-kyung hesitated at first but after he begged her a few times, she helped him. The presentation didn't go well because he forgot his notes and went back home. He attacked Hyun-kyung and knocked her head on the wall before dragging her to the bedroom. He closes the door and received a phone call. He didn't answer the call and took away Hyun-kyung's most precious thing in life. Her ity.

The vision disappears and Kwang-min nods before Hyun-kyung said, "That's why I decided to take criminal law."

Kwang-min nods and said, "Next time you should tell me. Okay?"

Hyun-kyung looks behind and nods. She ruffles her little brother's hair and pecks his left cheek before saying, "Okay."

Young-min looks at the clock and said, "It's late. Go to sleep now."

Hyun-kyung stands and leaves the study room. Kwang-min follows her and closes the door. They walk up to the bedroom and Kwang-min said, "Borrow Young-min's clothes. I don't have any of your clothes here."

Hyun-kyung nods and on the other hand...

"She used to have a boyfriend?!" Tae-hyung asked Young-min who is busy drinking his coffee while reviewing the documents in the study room. Young-min nods and puts the cup on a small plate before replying, "That guy's a womanizer."

"But who would like someone like her?" Young-min takes his glasses off and looks at him. He leans closer to Tae-hyung and Tae-hyung's eyes widened before Young-min flashes a naughty smirk at him. He asks him with a simple question, "Then why girls like you so much until you nearly make out in the bar?"

Tae-hyung could only open his mouth in shock and he don't know what to say. Young-min chuckles as he looks at Tae-hyung before blowing air to his mouth. Tae-hyung quickly closes his mouth and Young-min said, "Tomorrow, we need to investigate Min-jae's home. After the investigation is complete, we will go to England to return the ring to the Queen."

Tae-hyung nods and Young-min calls someone using the white telephone. He turns on the speaker and the call is being answered. Young-min said in English, "Good morning. I am Inspector James Ko Young-min from Gangnam Police Department, South Korea. Can I speak to Her Majesty the Queen?"

"Oh I'm sorry Inspector. Her Majesty is on her leave for the time being," a female voice replied. Young-min sighs heavily and asks, "What time and when will she come back?"

"I am not sure when Her Majesty will leave." Young-min hums and said, "Arrange a meeting with Her Majesty for me. We found the stolen ring."

"I'll talk to Her Majesty to offer a stay at the Buckingham Palace and arrange your flights." Young-min hums and replied, "It's okay. The flight tickets, I will take care of that."

"Who is on the line during the beautiful sunrise?" An old male voice said. He takes the phone and said after the female talks about Young-min, "It's my biggest pleasure to finally speak to you, Inspector James."

"Thank you, Your Royal Highness," Young-min replied. He looks at Tae-hyung and smiles before asking, "The investigating team led by Little Miss Sherlock, Detective Victoria Ko Hyun-kyung had found Her Majesty the Queen's ring today."

"That is a scintillating news!" Young-min hums and asks, "Your Royal Highness, may I have lunch with you and Her Majesty as soon as possible?"

"That's splendid! We'll keep in touch, Inspector James." Young-min said goodbye and ends the call. He claps happily and said, "We'll meet the Queen soon. You'll be following us."

"Before that, how did you find the ring?" Tae-hyung asked. Young-min replied, "About that, Hyun-kyung knew it from the start when we visited the house."

 

1st June 2018, Mansion number 523-16, Pyeongchang-dong, Gangnam-gu [11:57]

"I really like everything inside the house," Tae-hyung said as he walked out from the study room. He closed the door and Hyun-kyung walked to the painting again before trying to take the painting off from the wall. Tae-hyung's eyes widened in shock and ran towards her before pulling her away from the painting. He asked, "What are you doing?!"

Hyun-kyung shushed him and replied, "There's a gap in between the painting and the wall."

"A gap?" Hyun-kyung rolled her eyes and replied, "Distract all the maids here."

Tae-hyung rolled his eyes and groaned before nodding. He asked, "How about Mr. Chae?"

"I'll call Kwang-min to talk to him," Hyun-kyung replied. Tae-hyung walked away and Hyun-kyung called Kwang-min. He answered the call and asked, "Yes sis?"

"Go to the study room and talk with Mr. Chae. I'll look around for clues."

Kwang-min ended the call and ran upstairs. He ran straight away to the study room and opened the door without knocking. Min-jae looked at him and Kwang-min smiled before saying, "I'm Prosecutor Ko Kwang-min and I need to talk about something."

On the other hand, Tae-hyung called all the maids and showed them some magic tricks he had in mind. The maids squealed and they like how he did his magic. Tae-hyung showed them a simple card trick and as usual, the maids are fawning on him. Tae-hyung thinks inside his brain, I hope this finishes quickly.

Hyun-kyung looked left and right and called Young-min to meet her upstairs. He arrived seconds later and they pulled the painting together. Behind the painting there was a steel door with a passcode. They look at each other and Young-min asked, "How are we supposed to open this?"

"We'll ask Hoseok to do it. Quickly close the door and we'll leave this place now," Hyun-kyung replied. They pushed the painting to the wall and Hyun-kyung messaged Kwang-min to leave the room. Kwang-min read the message and stood up before leaving the study room. The triplets met and walked downstairs before Hyun-kyung pulled Tae-hyung by the collar. She dragged him out from the house and the other twins thanked the maids before they left the mansion.

Evening. Team Bangtan Boys arrived at the mansion and they made their search under Hyun-kyung's orders. Jimin and Hoseok walked upstairs and saw the painting before Hoseok asked, "Is this the painting Sherlock was talking about?"

Jimin replied, "I think so. Let's remove the painting." The two males took the painting off from the wall slowly and put the painting on the floor. They saw the steel door and Jimin said, "You know what to do."

Hoseok took out a steel hemisphere and puts it on the steel door. He the hemisphere and the gadget broke inside the system and exposed the password. Hoseok used his black card to scan the hemisphere to autotype the password. A beep could be heard and the door opened by itself. The boys coughed a bit because of the white mist and they looked before looking at each other with smiles plastered on their lips. They look at the Bvlgari Blue Diamond ring placed carefully on a white hand statue protected by a glass box. Jimin put on his gloves and replied, "Mr. Chae lied to us all along."

"Mystery solved."