Episode Ten: The Game

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

30 July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [16:30]

Akira and Seung-hee are cooking for the customers that flooded the restaurant since morning. Xander is relaxing on the couch while Lucas is playing the video game he just bought on the television. Hyun-kyung walks inside and heads to Ren who is managing the cashier attentively. She puts her black backpack on the polished, wooden floor and sits on a red, tall stool before saying, "The case will be open the day after tomorrow."

"Really?" Ren asked as he focuses on the cashier. Hyun-kyung nods and takes out a black fountain pen and a red file before she informs, "I'm in charge of the case with Detective Cha."

"That bastard is getting on my nerves," Ren said in a hush tone as he takes out the money before counting. Byeongkwan walls out from the store room with a wooden broom and a dustpan before sweeping the floor. Hyun-kyung let out a sigh and said, "Arrange a meeting tomorrow after lunch is over."

"Suki needs to go to class at that time," Akira informed as she serves the food to a male customer. She smiles and walks back to the back to cook more. Hyun-kyung rolls her eyes and Xander said, "The police are going to investigate the Phantom Thieves of Hearts case."

"That's what I just said," Hyun-kyung blurted out. Byeongkwan looks at them and said, "We'll close early today."

 

[19:47]

All of them gather at a table near the counter and Hyun-kyung gives them the file. She said, "I will be in charge of this case with Detective Prince Cha Eunwoo."

"Really?!" All of them exclaimed. Hyun-kyung nods and Suki groans before starts ranting, "If Detective Lee Taeyong is in charge, we will have 50% chance to live but Detective Cha Eunwoo will never let us live."

Hyun-kyung hums in agreement and Ren asks, "Out of everyone, why must be him?"

"He wants an upgrade to become the Head Detective of Gangnam Police Department."

 

25th July 2018, Gangnam Police Department [09:00]

Eunwoo and Hyun-kyung were looking through the previous cases in Eunwoo's office. Hyun-kyung kept flipping the pages and Eunwoo glanced at her a few times. He cleared his throat, caught her attention. Hyun-kyung looked at him and Eunwoo asked, "Do you think I could become the Head Detective if I investigate the Phantom Thieves of Hearts case?"

"Why do you want to investigate that? There are a lot of better cases than that," Hyun-kyung asked as she took the teacup filled with green tea before sipping it. Eunwoo let out a heavy sigh and replied, "The public doesn't trust us ever since Phantom Thieves made their comeback."

"So, you want to regain our dignity?" Eunwoo nodded and replied, "I will make sure that they will rot in jail and I will never forgive them, even if one of them is my own sibling."

Hyun-kyung hummed as a response and said, "You have no mercy to them at all."

"That's who we are. You have no mercy as well," Eunwoo stated and Hyun-kyung nodded. She replied, "Obviously. I am Little Miss Sherlock and no one will drag me down."

"If I become the Head Detective, I want you to ve the Vice Detective. If that's okay with you," Eunwoo offered and Hyun-kyung thought for a moment. She wants to get the ranking and at the same time she wants to protect her own team. She looked at him and nodded in agreement.

"Great. We will hunt them together and we will get what we want."

 

30th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [20:03]

"I recorded the whole conversation without him knowing," Hyun-kyung said and Byeongkwan asks, "Are you going to betray the team or stay with us?"

"The job offer is quite nice but..." Hyun-kyung stops talking and looks at them. They look at her and Hyun-kyung replied, "I don't know but I have a dilemma right now."

"So you're going to betray us for the pose?" Xander asked. Hyun-kyung let out a sigh and replied, "No. I don't care about my status. I care... about you guys. You're like my family. My second family."

"Aw... our Empress finally confessed," Lucas cooed and they all hug her. Hyun-kyung closes her eyes and hugs them before saying, "I will show them the real Phantom Thieves of Hearts."

The next day, all of them are sleeping in the big room upstairs. They hug the person next to them and some of them are like koalas. Byeongkwan wakes up and saw Hyun-kyung is sleeping on his forearm peacefully. He smiles and brings her close before kissing her forehead gently. He pats her head and said, "Thank you in advance for choosing us and not your pose."

Hyun-kyung snuggles closer and light snores could be heard. Byeongkwan chuckles and Seung-hee wakes up. She sits properly and looks before whispering, "Empress is having a good night's sleep."

Byeongkwan nods and some of them wake up. Ren takes a blanket and covers Hyun-kyung before saying, "I'm going to class."

All of them slowly leave and Byeongkwan just stare at her. Hyun-kyung wakes up and looks at him before Byeongkwan said, "Good morning munchkin."

"Morning," Hyun-kyung replied and yawns. Byeongkwan chuckles and pinches her nose before saying, "You need to go to work."

"I'm not in the mood to go to work," Hyun-kyung said before trying to sleep. Byeongkwan chuckles and whispers, "If you're not waking up, I am going to make you mine in your sleep."

Hyun-kyung quickly wakes up and punches his shoulder before exclaiming, "Hey!"

Byeongkwan laughs and asks, "Isn't that what you want?"

"Ew, you like to please yourself rather than respecting your boss." They end up laughing and Byeongkwan sits properly before saying, "I'm getting ready for class."

"Bye." Byeongkwan gets up and leaves the room. Hyun-kyung sits properly and gets up before getting herself ready to work.

She walks inside the bathroom and her phone rings loudly. She answers the call and said, "Little Miss Sherlock wishes you a very good morning and go to Hell."

"Hey," Taeyong's voice could be heard from the telephone. Hyun-kyung asks as she takes her toothbrush to brush her teeth, "Why are you calling me?"

"There will be a camp this Saturday." Hyun-kyung hums as she brushes her teeth and- "Send me pictures."

"Hell no!" Taeyong laughs and replied, "I assume you're going to take your bath."

"Exactly." Taeyong chuckles and said through the phone, "Then take a video and send it to me."

"Ew you're so dirty-minded," Hyun-kyung commented as she is ready to rinse . She takes a cup filled with water and gargles before spitting out the water. Taeyong said, "I am not."

"Yea right." Taeyong said, "There is a new case by the way."

"What case?" Hyun-kyung asked as she walks to the bathtub to turn on the water. She puts the soap onto the bath and Taeyong replied, "Victim named Choi Seohyun died after commit suicide at Lotte World, Gangnam around 9.45 p.m."

"Why?" Hyun-kyung simply gets inside the bathtub with her T-shirt and shorts on as soon it is full. Well, she is a bit lazy to take her clothes off and her younger twins always come in in the wrong moment. Taeyong replied, "There is a conversation about it inside the victim's telephone. Endless calls, threatening messages, gory images."

"Don't tell me it's that game that is being a buzz to the society." Taeyong let out a sigh and replied, "Yup."

"Oh my god..." Taeyong asks, "Are you ?"

"Hey! I didn't do that to arouse you, activate your testosterone, oxytocin and vasopressin or something. I was thinking on how serious that case that it has affected many lives," Hyun-kyung said before she rolls her eyes. Taeyong laughs a bit and said, "You know I can imagine you right now- Stop it TY Track."

"I told you to not call me like that!" Hyun-kyung laughs heartily and replies, "You started it."

"I'm coming there and going to make sure you learn your lesson." Hyun-kyung teases him, "I wonder what will you do. I bet it is the usual one."

"No, no, no milady. It's something far than that."

 

31st July 2018, Gangnam Police Department [09:29]

Hyun-kyung walks inside her office awkwardly and quickly sits. She sighs in relief and her younger siblings look at her with eyebrows raised. Kwang-min asks, "Did you hurt yourself?"

"Did you do it?" Hyun-kyung coughs in shock and replied, "You're weird thinking that."

"It's called being ," Kwang-min blurted out. Hyun-kyung turns her chair around and plugs in her earphones. Young-min has another idea to . He stands and walks before standing behind her. He removes Hyun-kyung's white earphones and make noises just to see her reaction. Hyun-kyung rolls her eyes and continues reading and as the sound gets louder, Hyun-kyung grits her teeth and demands, "Stop it Ko Young-min."

"Nope," Young-min replied mischievously and continues making those weird noises. Hyun-kyung looks at him with her cold, icy glare and said, "Stop it before I'm telling Mom about it."

"It's been a while since you mentioned Mom," Young-min said and sits on Hyun-kyung's table. Hyun-kyung rotates around and replied, "I hate those noise. Please stop."

"I won't stop until you tell us why you're late," Young-min threatened in a friendly manner. Hyun-kyung ignores him and continues reading. Kwang-min stands and said, "I'm going out for the 24 million USD scandal."

"Okay," the elder twins replied and Kwang-min leaves the office. Young-min said, "Tell me."

"I'm not telling you." Young-min let out a heavy sigh and Hyun-kyung stands. She wants to walk away but Young-min pushes her to the wall, cornering her. Hyun-kyung's eyes widened in pure shock and her breathe hitches. Young-min leans in closer and Hyun-kyung put her hands on her lips as a barrier. She said, "No."

"Then what should I do to make you tell about it?" Hyun-kyung looks at Young-min's dark brown eyes and replied, "Fine."

Hyun-kyung tells what happened and Young-min hums before moving his eldest sister's hands down. He stands properly and adjusts his tie before saying, "You got a case, right? Go and solve it."

Hyun-kyung pushes him and walks out from the room, cheeks burning red. Young-min chuckles as he sits on his sister's chair before saying, "So cute."

Hyun-kyung walks downstairs and Taeyong pulls her by the back of her collared shirt before pushing her on the wall. Hyun-kyung winces in pain and Taeyong said, "We have to go and solve the case."

"Then why did you push me like you want to me?" Hyun-kyung muttered as she glares at him. Taeyong let go of Hyun-kyung's collar and said, "Let's go."

 

31 July 2018, Lotte World [10:57]

Phantom Thieves of Hearts and Taeyong along with other police officers are investigating the whole area. The members cover themselves as a disguise to prevent getting spotted. Hyun-kyung examines the dead body and a female police officer approaches her before saying, "She was so young."

"We need to find the cause of death," Hyun-kyung said as she stands. She looks at the officer and said, "Sakura, call the paramedics to bring this body for post mortem."

Sakura does as what she is told and the members walk to her. Hyun-kyung let out a sigh and said, "Well I think most of us know the cause of the death."

"She committed suicide because..." Akira shows the victim's phone to Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung looks at it and said, "Send the info to Ren's laptop. We need to track the sender."

"Why is everyone playing that game?" Lucas asked. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and lift her shoulders. She replied, "They like to do that and see others suffer."

"What game are you talking about?" Sakura asked as she leans against the wall. They look at her and Byeongkwan replied, "Momo."

Sakura hums and asks, "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Who are you asking?" Xander asked. Sakura replies, "All of you except Miss Sherlock."

"Okay," Akira replied and Hyun-kyung leaves to continue the investigation. The members look at Sakura, questioning her actions. Sakura asks, "Can I be a Phantom Thief member?"

"Why?" Byeongkwan asked as he looks at her with his usual cocky, arrogant look. Sakura replied, "I want to go for justice. The authorities never care about those who were framed."

"You're not going to betray us, right?" Suki asked. Seung-hee approaches her and asks, "You're not going to act like that one girl who spies for the authorities so you can catch us and put us in jail?"

"No." Ren gives Sakura a black card and said, "7 p.m. tonight."

Phantom Thieves leave and Sakura looks at the card. She smirks cunningly and said, "One more step and I finally get to catch you."

Hyun-kyung was eavesdropping the whole time. She recorded the whole conversation and leaves. She approaches Taeyong and said, "Let's go for a hike. You and me."

Taeyong raises his left eyebrow and asks, "Why suddenly?"

"I just want to relax." Taeyong cracks a smile and replied, "Sure. We can go now if you want."

They walk to Taeyong's black Audi and get inside the car. They close the doors and Taeyong starts the engine before saying, "I am curious about that police officer."

"Sakura?" Taeyong nods as he starts driving. Hyun-kyung looks at the window and Taeyong said, "She is trying to get you guys into the trap."

"Well, she is the authority's bait. She is merely a tool for them to get clues." Taeyong hums and said, "You can take your coat off."

"It's okay." Taeyong hums and turns on some music. Hyun-kyung sits with her legs crossed and asked, "Do you want to buy soju? Let's say if we arrive there late."

"Drinking soju on a mountain, huh? Sounds interesting. I'll go and buy at the centre there." Hyun-kyung nods and Taeyong said, "It's your first time drinking soju."

"Yes." Taeyong keeps driving and asks, "Are you sure you want to drink soju?"

"Actually, I want to drink tea." Taeyong chuckles and replied, "I knew it."

Hyun-kyung's phone rings and she takes her phone out from her trousers pocket. She answers the call and said, "Mr. Analyst Zuho."

"Call me Zuho, not Mr. Analyst Zuho." Hyun-kyung rolls her tongue and asks, "Are you going to my house for tea?"

"Certainly. Why?" Hyun-kyung said, "There's a bit change of plan so maybe we will meet at the teahouse tonight? 9.45 p.m. if you don't mind."

"I will be there on that time. Thank you for the invitation," Zuho replied. Hyun-kyung ends the call and Taeyong asks, "Who was it?"

"A friend of mine from the United States. Actually, we're only work partners. Nothing more, nothing less." Taeyong hums and asks, "How about us?"

"Work partners." Taeyong pouts and replied, "Fine."

 

31st July 2018, Seoul National University Hospital [11:26]

Tae-hyung and the other doctors walk out from the meeting room. Tae-hyung heads straight to a female doctor before hugging her from behind. The doctor gasps in shock and laughs before saying, "Tae-hyung sunbae-nim, why are you hugging me?"

"Thank you for the fun speech, Suzana Cha," Tae-hyung replied. Suzana is a British-Korean female who has dark blue eyes, light hazel colour hair tied in a ponytail, wears black heels, long white trousers and a light blue blouse. She completes her look with a pair of round glasses and a doctor's coat. Tae-hyung let go of the hug and turns her around. He said, "I'll treat you for lunch. How's that?"

"Sure! I can call my sister to join us," Suzana replied. Tae-hyung nods and asks, "Is your sister... works in the same field as you?"

"Ah no, no, no. She works at Gangnam Police Department. She is the main boss."

"Main boss?" Tae-hyung asked. Suzana nods and asks, "Don't you have a friend who works there?"

"Little Miss Sherlock?" Suzana chuckles and said, "I never know you know her. She is quite popular nowadays just like Phantom Thieves."

"Everyone basically know what are they?" Suzana hums in agreement and replied, "Everyone knows them and they are in the wanted list for quite a while. Their popularity affects the authorities' power."

"But they are going for justice." Suzana and Tae-hyung heads to the cafeteria and Suzana replied, "Elizabeth wants to get rid of them. Not to mention, she wants them to be killed as soon as they got captured."

"K-killed?" Suzana nods and replied, "In front of the whole world."

"The whole world?" Suzana asks, "Why?"

"Nothing. Just curious." Suzana raises her left eyebrow, suspecting something. She asks, "Do you know anyone from Phantom Thieves?"

"I don't know." Suzana hums and replied, "Okay then."

 

31st July 2018, Gangnam Police Department [12:23]

"Come in," a female voice commanded and the polished wooden door is open. Seokjin walks in and closes the door before asking, "Why do you call me, Miss Cha?"

Miss Cha who is sitting on her tall, black, leather office chair, stares at the window blankly. The back of the chair faces Seokjin. She let out a sigh and replied, "I want you to be in charge of Phantom Thieves of Hearts case."

"Isn't Sherlock in charge of it?" Seokjin asked. Miss Cha replied, "Do as what I said. She will never know you will be in charge of the case and so as Detective Prince."

"I'm only a police. I can't do that." Miss Cha scoffs and asks, "Don't you want to be the Head Officer?"

"I-I... want to but this is not right. It's like you are trying to bribe me." Miss Cha claps and laughs before saying, "It's not bribery. It's a once in a lifetime offer. Do it or else your brother will get hanged."

Seokjin's eyes widened and kneels to the ground. He said, "I will do it to free my brother."

"That's what I want to hear from you. Now, leave." Seokjin stands and turns around before leaving the office. He closes the door and walks away. Eunwoo who was hiding in the janitor's room walks out before asking, "He will get that pose by doing her orders?"

Eunwoo looks at him walking downstairs and follows him. He put his hands inside the pockets of his black trousers and walks down the flight of stairs. He follows Seokjin who is heading to the parking lot and hides under a black car when Seokjin turns around.

"Hm... must be my imaginations," Seokjin said and continues walking. Eunwoo slowly gets up and follows him. Seokjin gets inside his car and Eunwoo quietly walks to his car. He gets in and closes the door and they start the engine at the same time. Eunwoo clicks a purple button and said, "Navigation, car plate XXX-XXXX."

"Number plate, locked. Destination, Seoraksan Mountain." Eunwoo looks in front and Seokjin has already left. He starts driving to the destination and asks himself, "Why did he want to go there?"

Eunwoo keeps driving and puts on his earpiece on. He calls Hyun-kyung using his radio and waits for her to answer.

On the other hand, Hyun-kyung and Taeying are halfway to the mountain. Hyun-kyung's phone rings and she answers the call. She asks, "What?"

"About the Momo case, who do you think is the suspect?" Eunwoo asked. Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and replied, "This case is an international issue. We couldn't stop it, though. I mean we can but it consumes time."

"Have you found out the number?" Hyun-kyung replied, "Suspect name, Kim Dong-kyun. Aged, 14."

"Fourteen?! Are you serious?" Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "He lives with his mother at Cheongdam-dong."

"This is ridiculous. How could a teenager killed an adult?" Hyun-kyung replies, "Drugs."

"You're fooling me, right?" Hyun-kyung shakes her head and Eunwoo said, "If we catch him, he will be put to juvenile prison."

"True and when he is eighteen, he will get killed for his crimes." Hyun-kyung looks in front and said, "I need you to see the Minister of Defense to stop this immediately. We cannot allow such media entering Korea."

"Then how about those who send internationally?" Hyun-kyung replies, "We will hunt them and delete all those photos from the web. A lot of people died because of that."

"Do we send them to the mental hospital?" Hyun-kyung replies, "We have to. If they continue it then we kill them."

"Okay." Hyun-kyung ends the call and asks, "About the camp, is everyone going?"

"Yes except our boss." Hyun-kyung nods and Taeyong said, "I don't know why she doesn't want to join along."

"She is a chaebol." [Definition of chaebol: extremely rich person or a child born in an extremely rich family. In other words, it could be defined either a millionaire or a billionaire.]

Taeyong stops the car as the light turns red. He asks, "How do you know she is a chaebol?"

"I got my sources." Taeyong chuckles and asks, "Phantom Thieves?"

"Yea." Taeyong continues driving and uses his left hand to lock his fingers with Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung freezes on her spot and a smile forms on Taeyong's lips. Hyun-kyung asks, "Are we almost there?"

"Not yet. I'll fill in the gas first." The car stops in front of a gas station and Taeyong turns off the engine. He opens the door and gets out from the car to fuel up the engine. Hyun-kyung waits patiently and takes her purse out. She looks at her family photo and smiles before a tear slip out from the corner of her eyes. She cries silently and said, "We miss you, Mom. Dad, please come back."

 

31st July 2018, Gangnam Police Department [15:56]

Kwang-min blankly stares at the family photo identical to Hyun-kyung's photo in her purse. He let out a heavy sigh and asks Young-min who is drinking a cup of coffee, "Do you miss mom and dad?"

"I do... but they couldn't come back," Young-min replied and stands. He leaves the office and Kwang-min calls someone. He said, "Bring me the reports of the 2004 murder."

"But why?" Kwang-min rolls his eyes and replied, "Just bring it now."

Kwang-min ends the call and leaves the building. He takes out his car keys and unlocks his car. He opens the door and gets in before closing the door. He starts the engine and said, "The meeting is tomorrow. It's so frustrating."

 

31st July 2018, Seoraksan Mountain [17:34]

Hyun-kyung and Taeyong hike up the mountain and Taeyong is tired since they are already half way up to the top of the mountain. Hyun-kyung looks behind and stops before waiting for Taeyong to climb up. Taeyong asks, "Did you always go to mountains in the US?"

"Exercise for one hour, three times a week. Maintain my diet. Do extreme workout. Strong will." Taeyong sits on the ground and said, "Give me a break."

Hyun-kyung sits next to him and Taeyong said, "You do have quite a body."

"We're not talking about that. We need to think about the case," Hyun-kyung replied as she stares at the sky. Taeyong drinks a bottle filled with water and Hyun-kyung takes her shirt off, revealing her black workout gear. She dries up her shirt and Taeyong looks at her. He is in absolute awe looking at her. She does have some muscle even though it is not quite obvious.

"It is important to maintain your body strength. If not, you will get hit, bullied, hurt or kidnapped easily. At least learn one martial art to defend yourself," Hyun-kyung said as she puts on her shirt. She stands and said, "Hurry up. We can reach to the top of the mountain."

 

31st July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [16:54]

All of them sit and Xander looks at Sakura. He said, "I doubt that you will literally betray the department for us."

"Quit chattering and let's get it started," Byeongkwan said as he pulls a white screen down. Ren turns on the projector and it shows all the documents, evidence and reports of the current investigation. Byeongkwan said, "So, the Momo game is being quite a threat to the human species. We need to figure out where did it start and how should we stop it."

"Is Empress coming?" Akira asked. Sakura looks at her and Lucas replied, "She's busy for the time being. Plus, we should teach the newbie here how to be like us."

Suki groans and Seung-hee gives Sakura a dead glare before asking, "Is she trustworthy though?"

"Hey, make her feel welcome. That think we will see for ourselves," Ren replied. Byeongkwan clears his throat and said, "Now, we need to find the main body who started this thing. Then, we give the information to the police by anonymous. Got it?"

"So basically we just use these bad boys to get it?" Akira asked. Byeongkwan nods and replied, "That is for international case which will be lead by Ren. Akira, Xander and Seung-hee. The four of you will take care of that. Sakura, Suki, Lucas and I will catch them here."

"Okay!" All of them said and Sakura nods. She is recording the whole thing and everyone stands. They want to leave and Byeongkwan said, "Give me your phone Sakura."

Sakura turns around and asks, "Why?"

"Just give it." Sakura replied, "I didn't do anything wrong. I am a cop. I can arrest all of you for trying to invade my privacy- Hey!"

Akira snatches Sakura's phone and throws it to Ren. Ren takes it and said, "Smart but not slick enough."

"You were recording us the whole time. I am not surprised about that," Xander said. He looks at Byeongkwan and asks, "Shall we ask Empress what should we do with her?"

"Lock her up," Byeongkwan replied bluntly. Suki and Seung-hee catch her and Sakura struggles to get free. She wants to scream but Suki uses Akira's whip to tie . Sakura becomes weak after a moment and unable to fight them. Lucas said, "That's what happen if anyone tries to spy on us. Besides, we won't let you be a team member."

"Let her die in the vault. I'm out of here," Xander said and walks upstairs. Suki and Seung-hee drag Sakura away and Ren said, "I'll manage the vaults."

"Don't." Byeongkwan turns around and replied, "We are not going to kill her. We just trap her."

"What if later the police finds us?" Lucas asked. Akira smirls and replies, "I guess it is my job to disguise as her."

"Sherlock will give her information to you. Do your best," Byeongkwan said and pats Akira's back before leaving. Akira hums and replied, "I will, Pheonix."

 

31st July 2018, Top of Seoraksan Mountain [18:43]

Hyun-kyung is sitting on a giant rock, staring at the sunset. Taeyong approaches her and sits on a little rock next to her before sipping his cola. He let out a heavy sigh and said, "The sunset's beautiful."

Hyun-kyung just look at it and Taeyong looks at her before patting her head gently. Hyun-kyung freezes a bit and blinks a few times before Taeyong said, "You act like a cat."

Hyun-kyung keeps quiet and Taeyong rubs the back of her neck, causing her to react a bit. She is trying to not laugh and every rub Taeyong gives her, she taps her right leg unconsciously. Taeyong watches her and said, "I was correct about it."

Hyun-kyung glares at him before looking in front. She sighs heavily and said, "I want to go back to the US to study."

"Again?" Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "I want to study medical."

"You can occupy lots of things in the small brain of yours," Taeyong replied. Hyun-kyung hums and said, "While we are here, we can think on how to solve the case."

"Isn't Phantom Thieves... nevermind." Hyun-kyung said, "They help too but we need to make it like we did it. You know our boss is very peculiar about it."

"Right." They drink their energy drinks and Hyun-kyung said, "We just need to find them and catch them. After that, we will bring them to the mental hospital. No, put them in the isolated jails. Give them water and food once a day."

"I never know you will be this cruel," Taeyong said. Hyun-kyung stated, "It's the protocol."

Taeyong asks, "So we're camping here tonight?"

"Sort of." Taeyong stands and said, "I'll get it ready."

Taeyong leaves and Hyun-kyung stands. She turns around and takes her gun out before releasing a gunshot. She walks to a bush and looks before saying, "So you were the one spying on us, huh? I won't let you go and no one will know that you're dead, dear."

"I never know you are a part of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts." Hyun-kyung scoffs and turns to look at Eunwoo with a vicious smirk plastered on her lips. She asks, "You want to catch me? Go ahead."

Eunwoo approaches her and hold her wrists before saying, "You are cruel. You turn your back against the law."

"That's why I join the department. To get my revenge towards the authorities." Eunwoo's grip on her wrists tightens and asks, "What did we do to you?"

"2004 murder case. Located at house number 87, Sarim-dong, Uichang-gu, Gyeongsangnam-do. Crime scene occurred on 27th January 2002, 23:45. Victim names, Shin Kyung-ah and Jo Kyeong-min. Cause of death, gunshots on head. Died exactly at 23:51 at the living room. Jo Hyewon, Jo Yu-jeong and Jo Kyung-eun were taken away by Choi Shin-ah, aged 24. Kyung-ah was 30 while Kyeong-min was 34 when they were dead. Hyun-kyung, Young-min, Kwang-min were 2 at that time. The suspect could not be identified and the case was closed on 17 February 2002 while the three of us changed our names and surname a few days after the incident occurred. Reports came out saying that we were dead a few days after that because the suspect came and attacked us. The suspect came back but we survived. Aunt Choi survived too. Uncle Ko survived and made the news to prevent them from finding us. They didn't know I saw the silver police badge pinned on the suspect's shirt. I remembered how gory it was back then. I remembered Young-min crying non-stop because of that. I remembered how the three of us were traumatized and Young-min forgot about it along with Kwang-min after a car accident when we were five. They forgot what had happened and when it came back when we were seven, I have to calm them down. I have to explain to them. I TOLD THEM THAT THE AUTHORITIES KILLED OUR PARENTS!" Hyun-kyung bursts into anger and grabs Eunwoo's collar before expressing her anger. Eunwoo stops her and Hyun-kyung's mind slowly comes back to reality. She starts crying and said, "I hate the authorities because of my parents' murder. You guys have the guts to close the case without investigating about it!"

Hyun-kyung kneels to the ground and said, "I created Phantom Thieves of Hearts to make you guys suffer. Making you guys suffer because you will get less salary, the public acknowledges us. I created it as a part of my revenge towards you guys."

Eunwoo still has the emotionless face as he looks at her and Hyun-kyung said, "You can catch me if you want. I don't give a anymore."

Eunwoo squats down and makes her look at him. He takes out a handkerchief and wipe away the tears before saying, "I won't arrest you. You gave us a lot of help and I understand how you feel."

"So do I," Taeyong said as he walks to set up the campfire. Eunwoo hugs her and pats her back before saying, "We will catch the police or detective or the authority who killed your parents. You need to be strong. You endure it for your siblings."

"About that dead body, I'm burrying it," Taeyong said. Eunwoo looks at him and nods before saying, "I will hide it from them."

 

1st August 2018, Gangnam Police Department [08:42]

"Madam, I couldn't find any clues about Phantom Thieves of Hearts," Seokjin said as he looks his feet. Elizabeth turns her chair around to face him before replying, "Such counterproductive deputy."

Elizabeth looks on a black clock and said, "I give you three months to catch them. If you fail, you and your family will die."

Yoongi who is eavesdropping from the other side, walks away and said, "He is spying for the Phantom Thieves case. I thought Little Sherlock and Detective Prince are in charge of it. I got to inform her."

On the other hand, Tae-hyung and Young-min are sitting at Young-min's office. Kwang-min and Hyun-kyung are not there because they are investigating the Momo case. Tae-hyung stands and makes coffee for Young-min who is reading the reports of the 2004 cases. He let out a frustrated sigh and Tae-hyung asks, "Are you alright?"

"Hurry up. We got to settle some business," Young-min replied. Tae-hyung nods immediately and finishes making the coffee. He walks to the table and sits on a black sofa. He wonders in his head, "What is he going to talk about?"

"I want you to leave 127A as soon as possible. I don't want to see you there starting today," Young-min gets straight to the point as if he can read his mind. Tae-hyung's eyes widened in shock and tries to act cool as possible. He thinks, "Did I do something wrong?"

Tae-hyung puts Young-min's coffee on the coffee table and asks, "So you want me to leave 127A?"

Young-min takes the cup and replied, "Yes."

"But why?" Young-min pulls Tae-hyung close to him and their lips nearly touch. Tae-hyung's eyes widened in shock and Young-min smirks cunningly. He replies, "I don't trust you."

"What did I do?" Young-min let go of Tae-hyung and replied, "If you want to stay at that house, I want you to be my slave."

Tae=hyung gulps in fear and asks, "S-slave?"

"You heard me. Starting today you will be my slave until I gain 100% trust from you." Tae-hyung let out a heavy sigh and sips his coffee. He asks, "Don't you have enough maids in your house?"

"Just do what I say or you will never see the second sunrise." Tae-hyung nods and Young-min gives him the file he just read. Tae-hyung puts the cup down and takes the file before reading it. He looks at him in disbelief and asks, "Your parents were killed?"

Young-min nods and replied, "We couldn't identify the suspect and they closed the case for quite a while. I'm not sure if Hyun-kyung knows about it since she has the strongest memory and incredible eyesight. She is observant so I think she knows but she is hiding from us."

"Maybe she didn't. It's a 16-year-old memory. It's almost impossible to retrieve it because you fill in your mind with law and medical." Young-min hums in agreement and said, "You're right."

"So what can I do?" Young-min replies, "Easy. We will re-investigate the case."

"But how?" Young-min stands and answers in a calm tone, "The next meeting, I will ask the boss if I can re-investigate the case. Plus, the reports said that the children were taken away and killed after that."

"That is cruel." Young-min chuckles a bit and said, "What's crueler is that us triplets are supposed to be dead but nope. We're going to make you guys suffer."

 

[Freestyle]

Hyun-kyung walks inside a small hut with Kwang-min and Eunwoo. They look around and Kwang-min takes his phone out before taking pictures. Eunwoo walks upstairs and said, "There is a lot of blood."

Hyun-kyung walks downstairs to the basement and pinches her nose because of the putrid smell. She uses her flashlight to look around before saying, "It's so dead in here."

Hyun-kyung turns on the light and the room is covered with blood. Dead bodies lying almost everywhere in the room and pictures of Momo could be seen. Hyun-kyung walks around the bloody room and uses her glasses to record. She looks around to get a good footage and when she looks up, her eyes widened before saying, "This is not good."

Hyun-kyung looks around to find something. She saw a long, metal pole and walks to get it. She carries the pole and pokes on a body hanging on the ceiling. The body falls to the ground and said, "If this is Hell then I'm not going in here."

On the other hand, Eunwoo walks into every room and take photos of the evidence he could get. He also put in useful ones inside a plastic bag. He sits on the bed and takes a black laptop before turning it on. As the screen is , Eunwoo said, "That is scarier than my mom."

Eunwoo searches using the Internet and gets access to the calls and so on. He reads every document thoroughly and raises an eyebrow as he senses something wrong. He reads it carefully and said to himself, "This is not the victim's house. This is the suspect's house."

A loud slam could be heard and Eunwoo turns around. He gets up and walks to the closed door and tries to open it. The door is locked from outside! Eunwoo let out a sigh and said, "Now I need to figure out how to get out from here."

Meanwhile, Kwang-min is searching in the kitchen. He said to himself, "I can't believe a lot of children died because of this."

"And you're one of them." Kwang-min freezes on his spot and stands properly. He gulps and a chill runs down to his spine. He turns around and no one is there. He raises an eyebrow and said, "I think I'm paranoid."

Kwang-min's phone starts ringing and he looks at the caller ID. He answers the call and asks, "Who is this?"

The caller ends the call and Kwang-min is suspicious about it. He leaves the kitchen and he receives a message. He opens the message and gasps in shock. He walks backwards and said, "The suspect is aiming for me now."

Gory pictures, endless calls and lots of messages are sent to his phone. Kwang-min tries to block but he couldn't block. He sits on the floor and reads the message: Let's play a game.

"Hell no. I'm not going to be like them," Kwang-min muttered. Another message is received. He reads: You won't be like them. If you refuse to do it, I will hurt your siblings.

"Gosh... should I do it or not?" Kwang-min asks himself. He looks at the message and replies: What is it?

"I should go and find them." Hyun-kyung said and walks upstairs. She walks out and hears a loud knock. She looks up and follows the sound, not being curious but she wants to catch him or her once and for all. She tries to twist the knob but it wouldn't budge. She inhales and kicks the door open. Eunwoo who is standing on the door, falls to the ground and rubs his bottom. He looks at her and said, "Watch it, Sherlock."

"I like that name better," Hyun-kyung replied and helps Eunwoo up. She asks, "Where's Kwang-min?"

"He must be finding some clues downstairs," Eunwoo replied. They walk downstairs and Hyun-kyung said, "Kwang-min, come here. We need to find the suspect."

Eunwoo looks around and said, "He must be waiting outside. I'll look for him here."

Hyun-kyung nods and walks outside before closing the door. She walks down the small stairs and looks up before saying, "The suspect needs to be stopped once and for all."

What she didn't know is that Kwang-min is watching her from above. He takes his gun out and hesitates to kill his own triplet. He aims at Hyun-kyung's head and said, "I can't kill her. No! I should not kill her."

Hyun-kyung squats for a moment and looks at her phone. She saw something through her screen and reflects it. She looks behind and Kwang-min gulps in fear. He pulls the trigger and Hyun-kyung is unable to move. She uses her phone and the bullet moves to another direction as soon it hits her phone. Hyun-kyung's breath becomes unsteady and Kwang-min yells, "I CAN'T DO THIS!"

Kwang-min looks at his phone and the sender sends this to him: Jump off the house.

Hyun-kyung stands and Kwang-min turns off his phone. He looks at his sister and Hyun-kyung quickly reads his mind by instinct. She looks at him and shakes her head before shouting, "Don't jump!"

Kwang-min moves his feet and one feet is on the air. Hyun-kyung runs to the house and said to herself before climbing up, "The person had controlled Kwang-min."

Kwang-min pushes himself a bit and a figure appears behind him. The figure pushes Kwang-min and Hyun-kyung's eyes widened. Kwang-min falls and Hyun-kyung catches him by holding his right wrist firmly. Kwang-min gasps in shock and Hyun-kyung holds onto the pipe firmly. Kwang-min cries and said, "I should had not answered the call."

"What did you do?" Hyun-kyung asked. Kwang-min replies, "I answered a call and the caller turns out to be one of the sender of the Momo game."

Hyun-kyung let go of the pipe slowly as they slide back to solid ground. Eunwoo walks out and quickly helps them before Kwang-min gives his phone to Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung takes out the SIM card and throws it to the hard concrete. She steps on it and makes sure the SIM card couldn't be used anymore. Kwang-min said, "I feel someone pushed me from behind."

"The suspect is here," Hyun-kyung said as she looks at them. She continues talking, "The basement is filled with dead bodies."

"So this is the suspect's house," Eunwoo stated. They huddle up and Kwang-min said, "We need to get Bangtan Squad to catch him."

"Tomorrow is it?" Eunwoo asked. Hyun-kyung replied, "No need them. I'm getting him myself."

Hyun-kyung sprints to find the suspect and Eunwoo let out a heavy sigh. He said, "Let's hunt him."

Kwang-min and Eunwoo walk around the house to find the suspect. Hyun-kyung runs around the interior of the house. She runs up the stairs and saw the black hooded figure running. She follows the figure and let out a gunshot. The bullet pierces through a wall, startling the running figure. The figure stops running and Hyun-kyung said, "You should surrender now. It is a dead end and you can't escape."

The figure turns around and Hyun-kyung said, "I will tell your mother about your horrible act. She will be disappointed of you so much. She raised you to have a good life. She wants you to be a doctor but look at you now. You are a murderer, Kim Dong-kyun."

"How do you know all this?" Hyun-kyung smirks and replied, "No need to ask about it. Quickly surrender if you want your mother to be relieved."

Hyun-kyung approaches Dong-kyun and whispers, "Don't you want to see your mother die because of the game?"

"N-no," Dong-kyun replied. He removes his hood and looks at her. Hyun-kyung takes out a pair of handcuffs and puts it on Dong-kyun's wrists. She pats his back and said, "You should use your life wisely. You may think it's over now but you're wrong. You can have a better life."

Hyun-kyung holds Dong-kyun's hands and said, "You remind me a lot when... forget it. Let's go."

"How about the others who do the Momo thing?" Hyun-kyung walks with Dong-kyun downstairs and replied, "We will catch them as soon as possible."

"But... can you tell me about yourself?" Hyun-kyung walks out with Dong-kyun following her from behind and replied, "It's confidential. No one should know about me."