Episode Six: The Eye of the Devil

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

"He starts the game, he will end it." ~Kim Byeongkwan~

 

[22:37]

Jennie looks at them and asks, "Baits? But how?"

Hyun-kyung looks around and replied, "You will see. It won't exactly happen today, though because they already made their fantastic escape."

Byeongkwan makes a sharp turn and everyone nearly lose their balance. Kwang-min asks them in an uncertain tone, "How are you sure this might work? How about the plan B? Will it work?"

Hyun-kyung twirls her fountain pen and replied, "It will work if it wants to work. If it wants to fail, it will fail."

Byeongkwan slows down his car and said, "Police up ahead."

"Do we even do anything wrong?" Young-min asked, looking at him. Tae-hyung said, "They won't arrest us."

"He is scared of police and he is a spy," Hyun-kyung replied. They look at her and Hyun-kyung said, "To recover his phobia of policemen, he became one and converted into a secret agent before being a spy. Then, he left and became a Phantom Thief member."

Byeongkwan stops the car and the police checks the car. He looks at them and drives when they allow him to drive. Tae-hyung said, "You are so brave to overcome your fears."

"Actually, I didn't overcome my fear of policemen yet." Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "You can overcome it, Pheonix."

 

20th June 2018, around Seoul [23:00]

Byeongkwan parks his car somewhere secluded and turns off the engine. Everyone gets out from the car and huddle up to discuss the plan. They agree and finally break into teams to start the search and arrest the culprit once and for all. They are working hard finding for Death Matrix who is known as Kim Tae-hyun and vice versa around the metropolitan streets of Seoul. Hyun-kyung and Byeongkwan go to search him by foot; one walks on the public streets and pathways in between buildings while the other runs and jumps to every roof, Kwang-min and Jennie search with a helicopter, Bangtan Boys search through possible tunnels that he might use to escape and Tae-hyung along with Young-min are sitting down at a Chinese store, eating jajangmyeon.

Young-min looks at Tae-hyung and asks, "How was work? Wait... you were at your grandmother's house."

Tae-hyung nods and replied, "My grandmother's safe up there."

"Ah... I'm sorry to hear that, Tae-hyung. Be strong, okay?" Tae-hyung smiles a bit and Young-min uses his other hand to pat Tae-hyung's shoulder. He said, "You went through a lot. We're here for you."

"But Sherlock doesn't seem to like me. She is just too cold at me and doesn't care about me." Young-min laughs and replied, "She cares about you but she doesn't really show it. You know people call her a tsundere. It's a popular word in Japan right? Like in mangas, animes, all those Japanese stories and so on. She acts exactly like that. Ah! I remembered something."

Young-min takes out a black box and gives it to Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung takes it and looks at him before opening the box. He blinks a few times and- "Hyun-kyung bought friendship bracelets for us. Initially she wanted to buy only three."

 

10th June 2018, Westfield Stratford City [20:57]

"Why would the - Ah never mind." Young-min and Hyun-kyung walked around the mall and Hyun-kyung walked inside another jewellry store. She looks around and Young-min said, "You'll pay this time."

Hyun-kyung hummed and took five bracelets with gold hearts and stars before she said in a happy tone, "I like this one."

"What is that for?" Hyun-kyung looked at her younger brother and replied in Japanese, "友情のブレスレット."

"Oh my god." Hyun-kyung nodded and replied, "I am not that cruel to not buy one for Tae-hyung."

"Wow do you like him already? You have a sweet spot for him, huh Ko Hyun-kyung?" Hyun-kyung shot him with a dead glare and replied, "I hate him until I die."

"You still hate him even if he wants to be your friend?" Hyun-kyung rolled her eyes and replied, "Yes."

"Aish... you're really a tsundere." Hyun-kyung smirked and walked to the counter to pay for it before replying, "I am still one okay?"

 

20th June 2018, Chinese Restaurant, around Seoul [23:17]

Tae-hyung takes the bracelet and wears it. He smiles and said, "Thank you."

"Thank her, not me." Tae-hyung nods and puts it on his left wrist. He looks at it and smiles before his phone rings. He answers the call and asks, "Yes Doctor Lee?"

Tae-hyung listens and hums before ending the call. He said, "They found the main reason why Kwang-hee was killed."

"Oh..." Tae-hyung stands and said, "Let's go."

Young-min stands and they walk out from the restaurant. They take a stroll around the city and Young-min sighs heavily. He said, "That person is heartless."

"He is shameless too," Tae-hyung replied. Young-min takes out a black stick from his pocket and turns it on. He puts a quarter of the stick inside his mouth and exhales after a few seconds. He is vaping! Tae-hyung said, "It's not good for your health."

"I know that," Young-min replied as he continues vaping. Tae-hyung snatches the vape away from Young-min and said, "You're breaking the law."

Young-min takes it and turns it off before replying, "Fine."

"Didn't Sherlock scold you?" Young-min replied, "She always scold me but I didn't listen much."

Tae-hyung looks up and saw a figure doing somersaults before disappearing in between buildings not far from where they are. He said, "I just hope this is over."

Young-min nods and replied, "Yes."

"Who can do somersaults?" Young-min looks at him and replied, "Almost all Phantom Thieves can do gymnastics, especially somersaults."

On the other hand, Hyun-kyung lands on the ground before she saw a figure passing by as fast as lightning. She quickly chases the figure and climbs over a wire fence. She continues chasing it and- "HAHAHAHA SEE YOU SOON!"

White mist appears out of nowhere and Hyun-kyung coughs as she looks around to find the culprit. She closes her eyes and suddenly, Byeongkwan appears behind her before letting out a groan. He sits on the lid of a metal dustbin before saying, "We lost him."

Hyun-kyung let out a heavy sigh and leans against the concrete wall. She takes out her gun and asks, "So what now?"

"We should call the whole team to find him." Hyun-kyung nods and Byeongkwan takes his phone out. He calls someone and Hyun-kyung is twirling the gun, feeling bored. Byeongkwan talks on the phone and ends the call after a while. He said, "I've called them. We will have the meeting tomorrow."

"Noted." Byeongkwan stands and they walk to the streets. They look around and Hyun-kyung keeps the gun inside her pocket. Hyun-kyung said, "We can stop for tonight. We just continue tomorrow."

Byeongkwan takes his phone out and messages them to stop the hunt. Hyun-kyung looks around and said, "The lights are too bright."

"Want to have a drink? Champagne?" Hyun-kyung looks at him with a straight face and replied, "I'm seventeen."

"Right..." Byeongkwan laughs awkwardly. He replied, "Yea I forgot."

 

21st June 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [08:33]

Hyun-kyung is treating her wound at the living room the next day. She has her clothes on except her white blouse which she puts it on the armchair. Tae-hyung walks to the living room and his eyes widened before exclaiming, "YAH!"

Hyun-kyung looks at him with a bored expression and replied, "You saw this like a few times."

"You make me feel awkward." Tae-hyung's cheeks start to turn red and Hyun-kyung continues putting medicine onto the wound. Hyun-kyung finishes treating and wrapping the wound and finally puts on her blouse. She asks, "What do you want?"

"I know where is he hiding," Tae-hyung replied and Hyun-kyung stands. She takes the gun from the table and said, "Let's go."

They walk out from the house and get inside Tae-hyung's car. Tae-hyung starts the engine and drives to the location. Hyun-kyung calls someone and said, "I found Death Matrix. I'll send you the address."

Tae-hyung focuses on driving and Hyun-kyung is playing with her phone. She turns on the radio and keeps changing the channel which make Tae-hyung a bit annoyed. He uses his left hand to slap Hyun-kyung's right wrist and Hyun-kyung quickly sits properly, her hands on her lap. She looks outside and Tae-hyung turns off the radio before focusing on driving. Hyun-kyung tries to turn on the radio again but only to get her wrist slapped again. She sits quietly and said, "That's why you'll never be on my league."

"You think I like you? No," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and said, "You still have the ring."

"She is now dead and I couldn't forget about her." Hyun-kyung looks at him and said, "I could see that you're depressed."

"You could say that..." Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and waits for them to arrive at the hideout. Tae-hyung said, "You will walk to find them. Okay?"

"I know that. Besides, walking is a good exercise," Hyun-kyung replied. Tae-hyung could only let out a heavy sigh and keeps driving to the hideout. He said, "The hideout is quite far. It is at the field near the mountain and-"

Hyun-kyung is not listening as she is deep in thought. Tae-hyung glances at her and let out a heavy sigh before replying, "She is not going to know what I told her."

Tae-hyung speeds up a bit and said, "Well, you're not listening. I know, hahaha. Oh my god I sound so sadistic."

Hyun-kyung still keeps quiet and does not respond. Tae-hyung continues, "I actually like you after the first case is over. I don't know why I denied my feelings but... what am I supposed to say? I know I'm making this awkward."

Tae-hyung laughs it off a bit and continues, "Do you remember when you nearly been kidnapped by your ex? I was so worried about you and I want to hurt him for doing that to you. About my girlfriends, actually I don't like them at all. I simply wear this ring because I want to see if you get jealous or not. Well, I think that you are not jealous about it."

What Tae-hyung doesn't know that Hyun-kyung is actually listening to him. A tear slip from her left eyes and rolls down to her cheek. She tries to maintain her zen-mode as usual to not let Tae-hyung know that she is listening. Tae-hyung sighs heavily and said, "I don't like you at all."

Tae-hyung stops at the traffic light and looks at her. He said, "I love you so much, more than a friend."

Hyun-kyung mumbles silently, "Sorry but I don't like you more than a friend."

 

21st June 2018, near Seoraksan National Park Seorak-dong [12:51]

Tae-hyung parks his car at the roadside and turns off the engine. Hyun-kyung gets out from the car and walks around while Tae-hyung waits inside the car. Hyun-kyung walks to find some kind of shelter where they could be hiding. She continues walking as she enjoys the nature and doing her job at the same time. Her gun is hidden inside her pocket and she wears her round glasses. Her heels are clicking on the road and she has her black backpack behind her back. Her beige trench coat and her black pants is what she likes the most. Well, she might be the typical Sherlock but she has better sense of fashion than anyone else. It's just that she doesn't show it too much with the addition of the hatred of dresses. She doesn't really hate dresses, she just doesn't like to wear it much.

Hyun-kyung saw three tents in the middle of a field. She approaches the tents and saw several people looking at her oddly. She asks as she gives a photo of Tae-hyun wearing a mask and also not wearing the mask, "Do you see this person around here?"

All of them shake their heads and Hyun-kyung groans. She looks inside tents and walks out before leaving. She calls Tae-hyung and asks as he answers the call, "Where is this hideout?"

"It's at the field. You can't find it?" Hyun-kyung replied, "No."

"That's strange. I swear I saw a black van with several tents around there." Hyun-kyung stops walking and realises something. She slowly thinks and didn't hear what Tae-hyung is talking. She slowly gathers a piece of information she had so far and an idea pops up in her head. She asks, "The field is located at where?"

"There is a field near the mountain." Hyun-kyung raises her left eyebrow and asks, "Mountain?"

"Yup." Hyun-kyung looks around and groans before continue walking. She said, "You should had told me earlier."

"You were so engrossed thinking about something until you didn't listen to what I said at all." Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and replied, "Whatever."

"The police is less than 5 metres away from the car. What should I do?" Hyun-kyung thinks and replied, "Drive to the mountain. Let them follow you."

"Okay." Tae-hyung ends the call and starts the engine. He steps on the pedal and starts driving as he turns on the flashing lights. The police cars follow him from behind and Tae-hyung drives to the hideout. He presses a green button and the roof of the car disappears. He continues driving and saw Hyun-kyung is walking all the way to the field. She is halfway there and he feels guilty for making her walk by herself. He slowly approaches her from behind and honks, making her look behind while giving him the dead glare. Tae-hyung stops driving and said, "Get inside. I'll drive you to the hideout."

Hyun-kyung gets inside the car and Tae-hyung drives to the field. He stops driving and the police arrives with the lights on. Hyun-kyung jumps out from the car and runs to the field as fast as she could. She saw Tae-hyun walking around and when he turns around, Hyun-kyung sprints as fast as she could. Tae-hyun quickly runs and the police runs to catch the others. Hyun-kyung chases Tae-hyun and takes out her gun before shooting his leg. The bullet pierces inside Tae-hyun's left calf and he falls to the ground. Hyun-kyung catches him and handcuffs him. Tae-hyun struggles to get free and throws powder at Hyun-kyung's face. Hyun-kyung dodges and uses her gun to knock his head. Tae-hyun groans in pain and Hyun-kyung pulls his hair before saying in a demanding tone, "Tell me about il respiro di Lily when we're at the station."

 

27th June 2018, Gangnam Police Department, Seoul [07:44]

Hyun-kyung is sitting at her office, reviewing lots of files with her brothers and Jennie. Jennie drinks her hot latte and said, "Il respiro di Lily was created to get rid of the authorities and as a revenge towards police officers and detectives who were involved in the Lady's Tear case."

Hyun-kyung puts the file on the table and said, "Now the case is done, I have nothing to do for the time being."

"Sad life for you," Kwang-min said. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and Young-min chuckles before saying, "At least you get some rest, sis."

Kwang-min receives a call from someone and answers the call. He quickly writes something and Young-min stands before saying, "I need to attend a meeting with the officials."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied. Young-min leaves the office to go for the meeting. Kwang-min ends the call and stands before saying, "I got to go to court."

Hyun-kyung nods and Kwang-min leaves the office. Hyun-kyung looks at Jennie and said, "Now I have nothing to do. Ugh! So bored."

Jennie could only laugh at Hyun-kyung before standing up. She looks at her watch and said, "I got to go to meet with the head judge today."

"Not you too," Hyun-kyung said. Jennie leaves the office and closes the door, and Hyun-kyung could only groan in annoyance. She leans her back against her chair and slowly dozes to sleep.

Not even a second, Miss Kim walks in and said, "Little Miss Sherlock, quit sleeping!"

Hyun-kyung wakes up immediately and said, "I'll be right there."

"Where?" Hyun-kyung looks at Miss Kim and immediately stands before bowing to her. She said, "Hi Miss Kim."

Miss Kim shakes her head and asks, "Are you bored?"

Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "I finished all the reports and I have nothing to do."

Miss Kim chuckles and sits on a chair before replying, "Come on, Hyun-kyung. There's lots of things you can do. Ah! Let's go to the maid cafe across the street. Plus, the way you wear and look right now will make the girls drool over you."

Hyun-kyung scoffs and replied, "Yea right."

"Let's get ready and go there." Hyun-kyung groans and said, "You know I don't like maid cafés."

Miss Kim showers her with various aegyos just to persuade her. Hyun-kyung eventually sighs in defeat and replied, "Okay."

 

7th July 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [08:23]

Hyun-kyung wakes up from her sleep and checks her phone is there is any missed calls. She groans and sits properly before blinking her sore eyes. She gets off from bed and walks out from her room before heading downstairs.

Aunt Choi saw her and greets her as usual. Hyun-kyung passes by her and said this:

"It's getting boring," Hyun-kyung groaned as she sits on the couch, turning on the television. Aunt Choi walks to her and said, "At least you have some rest, Sherlock."

"I have nothing to do," Hyun-kyung replied as she watches the TV. Tae-hyung asks as he walks to sit next to her, "How about those Phantom Thieves you said?"

"We don't have any cases." Her phone rings and Hyun-kyung answers the call. She listens to it and looks at Tae-hyung with a smirk plastered on her lips. She said, "We'll be right there."

"Looks like your wish came true," Aunt Choi said. Hyun-kyung stands and said, "I have to take my bath first."

Hyun-kyung leaves to take her bath and Tae-hyung sits on a chair before Aunt Choi asked, "Aren't you going to the hospital?"

Tae-hyung shakes his head and replied, "I'll go there when they need me."

"Ah... is it because you went to Japan that time?" Tae-hyung nods and Aunt Choi asks, "Are you sure you don't like Little Miss Sherlock?"

Tae-hyung smiles and replied, "I like her as a friend but she doesn't like me at all."

"Aish... she is always like that. She never thinks of anyone as a friend except her family members and me." Tae-hyung hums and asks, "But do you know about the Phantom Thieves?"

"I do know about them. Why?" Tae-hyung asks, "Who are the members of the Phantom Thieves?"

"Sherlock, Byeongkwan, Suki, Akira, Lucas, Ren, Xander, Seung-hee." Tae-hyung hums and said, "Thanks for the information."

Hyun-kyung walks downstairs and puts on her black trench coat before saying, "Let's go."

"Can you wear a different kind of outfit?" Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and said, "Just hurry up."

Tae-hyung stands and approaches her and they walk to Hyun-kyung's car. She starts the engine and Tae-hyung closes the door, followed by Hyun-kyung and she drives to somewhere. Tae-hyung asks, "So what's the case this time?"

"The golden crown found in Silla dynasty is been stolen yesterday between midnight to 5 in the morning," Hyun-kyung replied straight to the point as she looks at the road. Tae-hyung gasps in shock and- "We're heading to the museum right now."

"Okay." Hyun-kyung continues driving and Tae-hyung looks at her. Hyun-kyung keeps quiet and Tae-hyung's stomach starts to grumble. He looks in front and mumbles to himself, "I'm so hungry right now."

Hyun-kyung still have her eyes on the road and she makes a turn before parking in front of a convenience store. She parks the car and said, "One minute starts now."

Tae-hyung sprints out from the car to buy food. Hyun-kyung closes the door by stretching herself before locking the door. She starts driving and Tae-hyung walks out before realising that Hyun-kyung leaves him. He quickly chases her as fast as he could and Hyun-kyung is amused about it. Plus, she did that on purpose. Tae-hyung runs faster and shouts, "LITTLE MISS SHERLOCK! COME BACK HERE! YAH!"

Hyun-kyung keeps driving and Tae-hyung stops running before panting. He drinks a bottle of water he just bought and eats bread as fast as lightning before continuing chasing her. Hyun-kyung finally stops driving and Tae-hyung manages to catch up. He stops and knocks the door before Hyun-kyung unlocks the door. Tae-hyung gets in and closes the door before saying, "I hate you."

Hyun-kyung smiles proudly and replied before start driving again, "I hate you too Doctor Kim."

 

7th July 2018, National Museum of Korea, Yongsan-do, Seoul [10:32]

Hyun-kyung parks her car at the roadside and they get out from the car. Hyun-kyung locks the car and they walk inside the museum. A female guide walks to them and Hyun-kyung approaches them before saying, "Good morning. Are you two married?"

Tae-hyung's eyes widened in shock and Hyun-kyung replied, "We are here to investigate about the missing crown."

"Who are you?" The female guide asked. Tae-hyung purse his lips and replied, "She is from Gangnam Police Station and I am from- We want to see the CEO."

"R-right... follow me." The guide walks and the two of them follow her. They walk to a luxurious lift hidden all the way back of the building and the guide scans her card. Hyun-kyung observes the guide and examines around the location, memorising the whole place in her head. The door is open and they get inside the left. The door is closed and the guide presses the 12th floor. The lift goes up and Hyun-kyung takes out two pens and two memo pads before giving one set to Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung takes and saw that the memo mad and the pan has his name imprinted on it and smiles before saying, "It's not even my birthday yet but thanks for the gifts."

Tae-hyung reads the small writing and the door is open. They walk out and Tae-hyung presses a small red button on the pen. They walk to a grand, polished wooden door and the guide knocks the door. The door is open and they walk in. The guide and Tae-hyung bow in respect to a woman in her late 30s and Hyun-kyung, on the other hand, walks around the room, examining things. Tae-hyung said, "Miss Sherlock."

Hyun-kyung looks at them and replies, "I have a few questions to ask. So shall we get started?"

 

[14:20]

Hyun-kyung nods and stands before saying, "Close this museum tomorrow morning till next week." She walks around the room some more and Tae-hyung said, "Thank you for the shortbreads."

"You are welcome." Hyun-kyung presses one a button and a black door opens wide. She saw a beautiful jewel crown made of platinum and beautiful gemstones. She put on her gloves and takes the crown before asking, "Who's crown is this?"

The CEO, Lady Han, looks at her and replied in a friendly tone, "That is the British crown which was found recently. We will launch that to public by the end of this month."

"British? Hm... interesting," Hyun-kyung replied as she uses her glasses to get information about the crown. Her pen beeps a small, faint light and her gloves allows her to know who touched the crown. She gets it in a flash and puts it back before closing the door. Tae-hyung stands and said, "We should get going. It is nice meeting you."

Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung who is walking around and clears his throat. Hyun-kyung looks at him and walks to him before they start leaving the office.

The two of them leave the museum and get inside the car. Hyun-kyung starts the engine and asks, "Where is the recording?"

Tae-hyung gives her the pen and Hyun-kyung replays from Tae-hyung's pen. The voice clip is recorded well as well as the video shown in the small screen. She smiles and said, "Great. We just have to go in there tonight to get more details and catch the thief."

Tae-hyung hums and replied, "Okay." He asks, "Is Phantom Thieves of Hearts will join forces too?"

"Maybe, maybe not." Tae-hyung asks as she starts driving, "What do you like?"

"Nothing." Tae-hyung roll his eyes and- "Are you trying to flirt me?"

"N-no!" Hyun-kyung chuckles and replied, "Even if you try to, I won't accept it. You're way far from my league."

Tae-hyung roll his eyes and replied, "Okay."

 

[23:45]

Three sports car of different colours stop in front of the museum and the cars' engines are turn off. They all get out from cars and there are also different people who are the members of Phantom Thieves of Hearts. Don't forget, they all had their equipment with them. Tae-hyung asks, "Who are they?"

Hyun-kyung puts on the mask and replied, "Here, you call me Empress. Byeongkwan is Pheonix, Akira is Devil's Eye, Ren is Casanova, Suki is Cat, Lucas is Rebel, Xander is Mania and Seung-hee is Abyss."

Ren, the black haired boy who wears a red, long beak domino mask and a princely outfit, complete with white shoes and black gloves, looks at Tae-hyung and said, "You will be called as- He's not going to be a Phantom Thief."

"Empress, maybe we should give him a nickname so we could easily communicate," Long, wavy brunette short girl named Akira who wears a cat mask, red-black-blue skin-tight suit with black belts on her waits, guns of various designs with bullet boxes, black boots and a small skull hairpin on the left side of her head. Hyun-kyung sighs in defeat and- "I think based on his personality, I think V suits him."

"V?" Suki, the blue-green eyed girl who wears black jumpsuit and has a cat mask. She also wears black, silver heels and has a whip hanging on the belt that is wrapped around her waist. Hyun-kyung sighs heavily and- "V sounds good to me. As long as he does not do what that did to us."

Hyun-kyung hums in agreement to Lucas, a man who is taller than everyone in the group, wears a medieval mask with similar pattern to Hyun-kyung, wears a blue puff-sleeved jacket, leather black pants and black-white runner shoes and is twirling his knife around lazily. Messy, black-haired boy named Xander who wears exact the same as Hyun-kyung but is coloured green and black and use pistols as his weapon, nods at Lucas' statement. Hyun-kyung replied, "Okay. Let's go and catch the thief."

The door is open and Young-min asks, "How about us?"

Hyun-kyung groans and replied, "You guys monitor and get into the CCTV, obviously." She runs to the museum and the others follow her. Young-min, Kwang-min and Jennie wait inside the car and Kwang-min does the work. Jennie turns on her phone and said, "I hope they won't get into trouble."

They arrive at the back of the museum and Hyun-kyung said whatever she got it today. From her own observation till explicit research, she explains to them as she plans on how to get up. She thinks for a moment and said, "Abyss, the grappling hook gun."

"Noted," Seung-hee, a blondie who is Korean-American, wears a black skintight suit with lines of orange and has spiky heels, and completes with a fox mask, gives a pink gun to Hyun-kyung. She pulls the trigger and the grappling hook flies up and sticks onto a steel rod. She climbs up and the others slowly follow her up. After 5 minutes, they arrive at the rooftop and Seung-hee takes her gun. Hyun-kyung said, "This window leads to the Joseon era artefacts and paintings. There are 12 floors so all of us go in different floors. Try to get as much clues as possible and by the way, there are laser alarms, CCTVs, and lots of traps towards the CEO office."

"How do you get the information?" Hyun-kyung looks at them and replied, "I have the skills in my hands and brain."

Hyun-kyung jumps inside the hole on the rooftop and lands on the ground quietly. She looks around and walks downstairs from the storage room to the exit. She opens the door quietly and walks after turning on her flashlight. She examines every artefact in the museum and hears footsteps. She hides behind a giant sculpture and turns off her light before using her hands to make cards appear. She looks behind and- "Finding for me?"

Hyun-kyung immediately turns around and the mysterious figure is looking at her. The figure grabs her wrists and Hyun-kyung fights with the figure and use her cards with sharp ends to make a cut. She kicks the figure's leg and slashes the person's arm and the person yelps in pain. Hyun-kyung immediately runs and gets over hurdles before taking out her gun to shoot it. She throws a card and the figure avoids it before disappearing. Hyun-kyung looks around and suddenly, the figure appears behind her and covers . Hyun-kyung screams are muffled and she is trying to get herself free.

"You will never know where I put the crown, or maybe you don't realise where the crown is hidden." A boomerang flies towards them and hits the figure's chest. The figure coughs and let go of Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung quickly gets off the sculpture she sat and runs to gather evidences. The figure quickly chases her and on the other hand, the others are finding the evidence. They search and search and search but there is nothing much. Hyun-kyung arrived seconds later and said, "Someone is going to kill us. It is the suspect."

"Okay I'm going to kick that person's and arrest him," Suki said and Hyun-kyung joins her. Xander takes out a samurai sword and said, "Let's slay it."

He runs and the trio fights with the figure while the others run to find more information, but sounds of lights flickering could be heard. The figure quickly runs off and all of them quickly gather together before a guard said as he approaches inside the location, yet to spot them "Who are you?"

"Run!" Everyone sprint out from the museum as fast as they could and quickly get inside Hyun-kyung's red Ferrari. She starts the engine, everyone closes the door and escapes as fast as they could. Hyun-kyung increases the speed and Kwang-min shouts, "That is too fast!"

Hyun-kyung makes a dangerous turn and everyone moves here and there. Hyun-kyung increases her speed and Tae-hyung shouts, "Slow down!"

"Oh we're going to crash!" Jennie shrieked. Hyun-kyung increases the speed and looks at the road. A giant, long lorry is crossing a few metres away from the three cars and she said, "Lie down now!"

"What the hell- Just do it!" Hyun-kyung presses a green button and all of them lie down flat on their seats. The car becomes shorter in height and Jennie hugs Kwang-min, scared that they will die. The three cars pass through the giant lorry above them. They get up immediately as soon the cars turn back normal and Tae-hyung shouts, "I nearly died!"

"That's what you get if I drive," Hyun-kyung replied with a smirk plastered on her lips. She slows down the speed and said, "The sound if the suspect sounds familiar to me to be honest."

"What do you mean?" Jennie asked, trying to recover from the shock. Hyun-kyung replied, "It is a female. I wish I had my glasses then I can know her identity."

"We can come back tomorrow," Young-min said. All of them nod and arrive home after quite a while.

 

8th July 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [09:00]

Hyun-kyung is filling up the gas on her motorbike. Tae-hyung walks out from the house and said, "You can drive a car, ride a motorbike, what you can't do?"

"I don't know." Tae-hyung drinks the milk in the carton and asks, "So we're going there again?"

Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "You can ride a motorbike. I'm lazy."

Tae-hyung sighs heavily and Hyun-kyung finishes filling up the fuel. She closes the compartment and wash her hands. Tae-hyung gets on the motorbike and starts the engine. He puts on a red helmet and Hyun-kyung gets on behind him before putting on a black helmet. She wraps her arms around Tae-hyung's waist and puts her chin on his left shoulder. Tae-hyung blushes a bit and starts driving the motorbike to the museum. Hyun-kyung squeals as she enjoys the whole ride and Tae-hyung stops when the lights turn red. He holds Hyun-kyung's hands with his left hand and said, "Your hands are cold."

"Thanks," Hyun-kyung replied. The light turns green and Tae-hyung put his hands on the handles of the motorbike before continue their journey to the museum.

 

8th July 2018, National Museum of Korea, Yongsan-do, Seoul [12:32]

"Isn't it weird that the CEO is supposed to announce the treasure a day after she got it?" Tae-hyung asked as he parks the motorbike at the motorbike parking. Hyun-kyung gets off from the motorbike and replies, "That is too strange."

Tae-hyung gets off from the motorbike after turning off the engine and they put the helmets inside Hyun-kyung's backpack. They walk inside the closed museum with the permission from the CEO and conduct their investigation. The other Phantom Thieves members are there as well, just this time they wear casually. They look and gather around clues and the flashbacks of the figure keeps coming in their minds. Akira asks, "Do you think the suspect is one of them here?"

"Might be, might be not," Xander replied as he looks around. Lucas walks to the lift to go to the other floor with Suki and Byeongkwan. Seung-hee said, "There is no fingerprints on anything."

"The voice kind of makes me remind of the CEO. Don't you think so?" Hyun-kyung asks. Tae-hyung sighs heavily and replied, "Her voice is a bit high pitched than the suspect."

"How do you even know? You didn't hear anything." Tae-hyung looks down and replied, "Right..."

"Plus she found another treasure, she should had announced it immediately. What makes her take a week to announce it?"

"I'm not sure why. Maybe she wants to write it to the officials." He looks at her and asks, "So what now?"

"Is the CEO here?" Tae-hyung looks around and shakes his head. Lucas approaches them and said, "The museum's close. It's obvious that they will come back next week."

Hyun-kyung takes out her pen and looks at it. An idea pops up in her head and said, "You guys investigate. Where's Ren?"

"Behind you," a male voice said. Hyun-kyung turns around and said, "Let's go. I think we can gather a bit of evidence."

"You finally acknowledging my technology skills." The two of them walk to the museum lobby and sit before Ren takes out his laptop. He turns it on and uses a software to hack into the security systems. He keeps typing and checks every footage present. He realises something and said, "CCTV 13 till 18 are not working."

"Where is it?" Ren checks for more information and replied, "Floor number 4."

"That is Silla era royal artefacts." Hyun-kyung stands and said, "I'm going there. You check the other cameras."

Ren nods and Hyun-kyung runs to the stairs. She opens the door and run up the flight of stairs as fast as she could. She opens the door as soon as she reaches the fourth floor and gasps as she saw nothing in there. She walks inside and the room is awfully dark. She turns on her flashlight and saw a lot of artefacts had gone missing. She asks herself, "How could this happen?"

Hyun-kyung put on gloves and lift the boxes up to find clues. She looks and saw a golden hairpin decorated with golden flowers and carved beautifully. She walks to it and suddenly, a bang could be heard. Hyun-kyung winces in pain as she feels the bullet pierces into her stomach. She turns around and saw no one. She takes out her gun and said, "It was you the whole time..."

Hyun-kyung turns around and Lady Han looks at her with a smug. She approaches her and pulls her hair before saying, "You can't even solve a mystery, Sherlock. You just got lucky. You're not even that smart."

"Stop commenting about me. You should shut the up and explain this nonsense," Hyun-kyung mutters and shoots death glares at Lady Han. Lady Han laughs and said, "I'm just saying the truth."

"Why don't you kill me straight away? Why wasting time talking? It was you who stole the crown away." Lady Han nods and replied, "Took you long enough."

"How about the crown in your room? You stole it from another museum, right?" Lady Han shakes her head and replied, "I electroplated it."

Hyun-kyung pushes Lady Han away and said, "Like your electroplated looks."

"How dare you?!" Hyun-kyung said, "Confess everything or else I will drag you to Hell."

"You will never be able to drag me there!" Lady Han shouted and Hyun-kyung laughs before saying, "You don't have to shout. I'm not deaf yet."

Lady Han roll her eyes and said, "When you touched the crown, don't you feel like you want it?"

"Me? Want that crown? Pfft, I like artefacts but I don't keep them. It does not even belong to me. It belongs to everyone. But you want everything for yourself because you know that artefact costs a billion won. You want money, you don't appreciate history."

"What the point of preserving history where you can take it all by yourself? I can do whatever I want as long I can get the money. I will make the whole nation bow to me." Hyun-kyung scoffs and asks, "The whole nation? You're above your own standards."

"I killed the previous CEO just to take over this museum..."

On the other hand, Ren is listening to the whole conversation after he manages to fix the CCTV cameras. Well, the CCTV is not even broken. Lady Han purposely turn off the CCTVs at that floor so she could steal the artefacts. He records the whole footage and listens with his earphones on. He texts Suki to call the police as soon as possible. He also texts Byeongkwan and Akira to wait in front of two different entrances which are also exits of the 4th floor.

Byeongkwan and Akira receive the message and they split up. Byeongkwan runs up the escalator and waits in front of a door of the main entrance, while Akira waits in front to the door near the stairs. They fill in bullets in their guns and handcuffs are hanging on their belts. Akira leans on the door to listen when she should go in. She puts in her earpiece and asks, "When can I go in?"

"You go in when I say now," Ren replied through the earpiece. Byeongkwan receives the same message and replied, "Noted."

They hold their guns firmly and Ren checks the CCTV to cue them to arrest Lady Han. He saw Hyun-kyung's small pen flickers on her pocket and said, "She got the whole thing tape up."

"But how dare that brat called Empress dumb? You need skills, intelligence and luck to solve mysteries," Akira said. Byeongkwan replied, "Let's keep quiet. We have to wait till the right ti-"

A bang sound could be heard. Ren said through his earpiece, "Now!"

Lucas and Xander hears the bang sound and they run to find where is the sound coming from. Xander has to run downstairs while Lucas uses his grappling hook gun to go up to find the sound. Suki runs out from the museum to get the police. Seung-hee waits outside the museum to catch the culprit.

 

[Flashback]

"You heard everything, and those who knew the truth must die," Lady Han said and pulled the trigger. Hyun-kyung shot her first and avoided the bullet that is fired by Lady Han. Lady Han cried in pain since the bullet pierced through her shoulder. Byeongkwan and Akira barged inside from two corners and Hyun-kyung let out another shot. Akira approached Lady Han and handcuffed her wrists before saying, "You are under arrest for - I got everything all recorded."

Byeongkwan smiled and replied, "Your sentence will be determined in court."

Hyun-kyung took Lady Han's gun and said, "This will go..."

Hyun-kyung put the gun in the plastic bag and replied, "Without you."

Hyun-kyung took out the pen and stops recording it. She said, "I knew it was you from the start. It all started a few days before the previous CEO was dead."

 

28th June 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [12:49]

"Hyun-kyung!" Hyun-kyung walked to the living room and asked, "What is it Aunt Choi?"

"CEO Kim from the Korean National Museum is reported dead in his apartment because of cardiac arrest," Aunt Kim replied. Hyun-kyung sat on her chair and sipped her tea before she replied, "Sad news for his children and it is actually National Museum of Korea."

"I know right. The new CEO will be chosen in two days."

"Really?" Aunt Choi nodded and replied, "Maybe you can go there since you have nothing to do."

"Go to the museum sounds quite fun. Okay. I'll get ready," Hyun-kyung said and stood up before walking to her bedroom. She wore a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a black leather jacket. She put on her glasses and walked downstairs. She headed out from the house and got on her motorbike before she went to the museum.

 

28th June 2018, National Museum of Korea, Yongsan-do [14:23]

Hyun-kyung parked her motorbike and got off from the motorbike. She the camera in her glasses and walked inside the museum. She looked around a lot of things and got as much information as possible. She was amazed by the museum and also the artifacts since she is a History lover. She walked to the 4th floor and looked at all the beautiful artifacts. She saw the crown of Silla and- "That crown is indeed beautiful."

Hyun-kyung looked at her left and saw Lady Han. She scanned her and replied, "I know right. It's so beautiful."

"Don't you feel like you want it?" Hyun-kyung looked at the crown and replied, "No. It belongs to Korea."

"You really love history," Lady Han said. Hyun-kyung nodded and said, "The new CEO will be chosen in two days. I don't know how it will turn out."

"We can only hope for the best." Hyun-kyung left the 4th floor and wondered inside her head, "Why did she asked me about me wanting the crown?"

A few days later, Lady Han became the new CEO and it is already a few days being CEO. She walked to the CCTV station and got inside. She looked around and turned off the security cameras on the 4th floor. She walked out and waited for the day to end. But what she didn't know is Hyun-kyung hacked the security camera in the CCTV area with Ren's help.

 

6th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant, Gangnam-gu [14:22]

Hyun-kyung and Ren looked through the CCTV and Akira sat on the table before saying, "I'm bored."

"Why do you want to check on that museum?" Lucas asked as he drank a glass of water, standing up. Hyun-kyung shushed them and Seung-hee said as she sipped her honey lemon tea, "She closed the CCTV. But why?"

"I'm not sure what is it but maybe she wants the technicians to repair or replace the CCTV," Suki guessed. Byeongkwan hummed and asked, "She is the CEO, she could not do anything wrong, right?"

"I'm so bored!" Xander complained as he slept on a black sofa. Akira nodded and put her gun on the table before saying, "We're like jobless now. As Phantom Thieves of course."

"Guess we still have to wait. Plus, customers are coming in a-" The door opened and people started coming inside the restaurant. Akira, Suki, Seung-hee and Lucas got up and quickly do their work. Lucas dragged Xander as well and you want to know a little secret? All of them are 17. Yes, you read that right.

"So you want to see what she will do?" Hyun-kyung shake her head and replied, "It's okay."

Ren nodded and said, "If you say so."

 

[22:50]

Lady Han walked out from her office and headed to the 4th floor. She walked towards the crown she saw the other day and looked around. She took out a pair of gloves and lifted the box up before staring at the crown in awe. She quickly took it and put it inside her bag carefully before she walked out. She looked left and right too often and finally escaped. What she didn't know was that Ren managed to turn on the CCTV and recorded the footage. He turned off the CCTV and took out the blue thumb drive before saying, "Now we just have to wait."

 

6th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant, Gangnam-gu [23:22]

"I have to act like I don't know anything, right?" Hyun-kyung asked as she sat on the table with her legs crossed. Ren nodded and Hyun-kyung said, "Guess the board of directors had made the wrong decision the whole time."

"You're such a daredevil for going there without getting caught," Akira said. Xander nodded and Ren replied, "It's not the first time I did it right?"

"We know," all of them replied at the same time. Seung-hee looked at Hyun-kyung and asked, "Is it true that you are dating a doctor?"

Hyun-kyung looked at her and asked, "What nonsense is that?"

"Well, some people thought you are dating so that's why I ask." Hyun-kyung shake her head and replied, "Never in my life."

"As expected from Empress." Lucas asked, "So what we should name this case?"

They all thought deeply and looked at each other with smirks plastered on their lips. They nod and replied at the same time: The Eye of the Devil.