Episode Twelve: Twin War

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

14th August 2018, Gangnam Police Department [10:45]

The triplets are going through the files and Chae-yeon starts crying. Hyun-kyung puts her file on the table before standing up. She walks to a white crib and holds Chae-yeon up. She kisses her chubby cheeks and hums a lullaby to make her sleep. Kwang-min looks at her before asking, "Is she living with you?"

Hyun-kyung nods as she hears Chae-yeon chuckling. She looks at her and smiles before asking, "You're living with me right?"

Hyun-kyung tickles Chae-yeon's feet, causing her to giggle. Hyun-kyung walks to her chair and sits before tickling her. Young-min peeks and smiles before saying, "She is ticklish."

"Like her dad," Hyun-kyung said as she stops tickling her. Chae-yeon smiles and Hyun-kyung pats her back gently to make her sleep. Young-min said, "Later you come back for dinner."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied. Soon, Chae-yeon falls asleep and the door opens wide. The triplets look and Eunwoo pants before saying, "We got a new case."

Hyun-kyung asks, "Where?"

"The church near the millionaire's house," Eunwoo replied. Hyun-kyung hums and stands before saying, "We need to get Tae-hyung first in case there is any dead body there."

Eunwoo nods and Hyun-kyung walks to the door before leaving the office. Eunwoo follows her and they walk to the elevator before getting in. Eunwoo presses the button and the elevator decends. The atmosphere is a bit tense ever since Eunwoo found out that the Little Miss Sherlock he knows is a Phantom Thief member. The doors open wide and they walk out from the elevator. Hyun-kyung heads to her car and takes out her car keys. She unlocks her car and opens the back door. She puts Chae-yeon on the baby chair and fastens her up before closing the door. Eunwoo gets inside the driver's seat and Hyun-kyung gets into the front passenger's seat. They close the door and Hyun-kyung gives the key. Eunwoo takes and starts the engine before he drives out from the station.

"Chae-yeon's staying with you?" Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "She's my daughter."

"I still can't believe why you didn't abort it when you found out," Eunwoo said bluntly. Hyun-kyung smiles and replied, "She's innocent. I couldn't harm an innocent human being."

"You do have a soft spot for children," Eunwoo said. Hyun-kyung rolls her eyes and Eunwoo asked, "Who will you get married to?"

"Byeongkwan." Eunwoo hums and Hyun-kyung takes her blazer off before ing two buttons from her white blouse. She sighs heavily and said, "Focus on the road."

Eunwoo who is about to glance at her, quickly looks in front and replied, "Yes madam."

 

14th August 2018, Cheongdam Catholic Church [12:55]

Eunwoo parks the car in front of the pathway heading to the entrance of the church. He turns off the engine and the three of them get out from the car. Hyun-kyung walks to Tae-hyung and takes Chae-yeon before they look at the old church still standing tall. Hyun-kyung said, "Out of every place, they choose this church. Amazing."

"But why?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung walks to the church, followed by the two males. They reach at the door and Eunwoo tries to open the door but... it's stuck. Hyun-kyung let out a groan before using her right leg to kick the door open. Her heels make the door open immediately and Tae-hyung said, "You're a superwoman."

"Just walk in. We got a lot of things to find out." They walk in and turn on their torchlights. Hyun-kyung glances at the details of the church and said, "The fight occurred at 3.45 a.m."

"How old is this church?" Euwoo replied, "Around 200 years."

"271 years, 3 months, 2 weeks and six days to be exact." Tae-hyung looks at her and said, "Wow."

Hyun-kyung, Eunwoo and Tae-hyung look around the old church that could collapse in any minute. Tae-hyung said, "This looks awful."

"World War II is even worse than this. I'm not surprised if World War III become even worse," Hyun-kyung replied as she walks to the altar. Eunwoo walks to the pulpit and asks, "How could they argue and cause this much damage in here?"

"Revenge, hatred. Those two can make someone go crazy," Hyun-kyung replied as she takes out a camera before snapping photos of the crime scene. Eunwoo asks, "By the way, are you a Christian?"

"Why do you want to know?" Hyun-kyung asked. Tae-hyung looks at them and Hyun-kyung replied as shr shows her metal cross, "I carried this all the time."

"Oh... I'm just curious. Nothing much to be honest." Hyun-kyung walks to the back and Eunwoo looks around. Tae-hyung tries to find any clue but fail miserably. He looks everywhere and said from above, "There's nothing here."

"Same here," Eunwoo replied as he looks up. He let out a sigh and Tae-hyung walks downstairs. He approaches Eunwoo and asks, "Aren't you hot wearing that?"

"It's like a uniform. I can't take it off," Eunwoo said as he fans himself. Hyun-kyung walks to them and throws something up in the air. Eunwoo catches it and looks at it. He said, "It's a moonstone necklace."

Hyun-kyung stops walking and said, "Chae-yeon found it."

"Really? That's great but... why there is a moonstone here?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung lift her shoulders and replied, "I don't know."

"You always have answers. Why can't you think of it?" Eunwoo asked. Hyun-kyung let out a sigh and replied, "I don't function like a robot, okay?"

"Screw that. First, we need to find out who's one is this." Hyun-kyung nods and recalls something. She takes the moonstone necklace and looks behind the necklace before she looks at them. She said, "I guess we don't have to find out who's one is it when you have the address behind."

The two man clap and they hear the building is about to collapse in any second. They quickly run out from the church as it starts to collapse. They sprint out as fast as they could and manages to get free as soon the church collapses completely. They stop running and pant before Hyun-kyung said, "I want to do this tomorrow."

"Are you pregnant again?" Hyun-kyung coughs and glares at Tae-hyung before replying, "I'm not!"

They sit on the ground and Chae-yeon hugs Hyun-kyung before making baby noises. Hyun-kyung looks at her and asks, "Are you hungry?"

Chae-yeon nods a bit and Hyun-kyung looks at them. Eunwoo quickly looks away and so as Tae-hyung. She roll her eyes and takes out a bottle of milk from her bag. She gives the bottle for Chae-yeon to drink and said, "I'm not going to feed her in public."

"Now that you say it..." Hyun-kyung suspects something and knock their heads, causing them to wince in pain. They glare at her and Hyun-kyung said, "You two deserve it for being erts."

"What?!" Eunwoo exclaimed and Hyun-kyung looks at Chae-yeon before smiling brightly. Chae-yeon finishes drinking and Hyun-kyung puts the bottle inside the bag. Tae-hyung said, "I think we should get going."

They get up and walk to the car. They open the door at the same time and get in before closing at the same time. It's like they have the same mindset. Eunwoo starts the engine and all of them put on their seatbelts. Hyun-kyung sits behind with Chae-yeon and Eunwoo drives to the location. Chae-yeon starts crying even after Hyun-kyung made her burp again. She looks at them and- "She is still hungry."

Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and replied, "Oh."

"Address, now." Tae-hyung reads the address and Eunwoo keeps driving. He said, "We need to get new weapons, man."

"Why?" Hyun-kyung asked. Eunwoo looks using the mirror and quickly looks in front as a light pink tint creeps on his cheeks. He clears his throat and replied, "You use the same gun as Phantom Thieves."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied. She continued, "I can call the dealers now."

"Make it ASAP."

 

14th August 2018, 73, Mapo-gu [14:00]

"We're here." Eunwoo turns off the engine and they take their seatbelts off before they get out. They close the door and Hyun-kyung walks to the door before knocking it rapidly. Tae-hyung walks to her and pulls her away before saying, "Knock thrice only."

Hyun-kyung rolls her eyes and Chae-yeon surprisingly imitates her mother, earning a gasp from Tae-hyung. He said, "No wonder you two are related."

The door is open and Suki smiles at them before saying, "We were waiting for you."

"You called them?" Eunwoo asked as he looks at Hyun-kyung. Hyun-kyung shakes her head and replied, "They -  Ugh forget it. Let's go."

They walk in and Suki closes the door. They take their shoes off and walk to the living room. Phantom Thieves are there with two girls who look identical to each other. They sit on the sofas and Hyun-kyung said, "You two are foolish to start a freaking war. Plus, you want to attack each other by vandalising all the facilities here and you want to ruin Korea."

"Mel threatened me," one of them said. The other twin, Mel, glares at her before saying, "You're always in my ing way you !"

"Woah, chill girls," Eunwoo said to calm them down. He stands and walks around before asking, "Who started it?"

"She started it!" Anna said as she glares at Mel. Mel sends her a cold, icy stare. Xander let out a sigh and said, "I don't care who started it. You two make South Korea in huge trouble."

"So what are you two going to do? You set us in danger, man," Byeongkwan said as he looks at the twins. Anna and Mel look away from each other and Hyun-kyung replied, "Hang them. Stubborn heads."

"EMPRESS!" All of Phantom Thieves members shouted and Hyun-kyung stand before saying, "You two keep blaming each other. Seriously this makes me want to puke."

Sakura sits on the arm of the sofa before saying, "Now, you two tell us what had happened and we will think of a way to not get this case to court."

"Well, the church has already... collapsed," Tae-hyung mumbled. Akira looks at him and asks, "What has what?"

"The church near that 's mansion has already collapsed," Hyun-kyung replied. Byeongkwan who sits next to her, slaps and whispers, "You swore in front of your daughter."

Hyun-kyung sighs heavily before saying, "I can't concentrate. I'm going to the car."

Hyun-kyung stands and walks out from the house. They look at the two twins and Ren said, "Don't worry. You can tell us why you two argued and you involved the country to this."

Mel gulps and said, "Well... it started when we were talking about dominating the world."

 

•Flashback•

Mel and Anna were talking at the campus gazebo. Mel looked at her and asked, "What do you think of taking over the world?"

"Why do you ask that?" Anna asked. Mel let out a sigh and replied, "It will be great if I take over the world."

"Then if you do, how about us?" Mel rolled her eyes and asked, "Can't you think forward? Work and work and work and work all the time. I have no time to hang out with anyone."

"Not even your own twin?" Mel stood up and said before she left the gazebo, "Not even you."

"Fine. We will see about that," Anna mumbled to herself.

One night, Anna ran down from the stairs and quickly sprinted out from the house. She ran all the way to the bus stop and got inside a blue bus. She sat on the front seat and the bus left. She took out her phone and saw a red envelope on the screen. She pressed it and the envelope unfolded before revealing a group chat. She took a deep breathe and decided to chat with them.

Anna: Who are you?

Phoenix: We heard you got a problem.

Anna: Did you just stalk me? Who are you?

Rebel: Since when we stalked you?

Empress: You're from Sungkyunkwan University, 2nd year to be exact.

Anna: Who are you?!

Mania: That is out of concern.

Abyss: Why are you heading to the church?

Anna: I'm not telling you.

Empress: You guys settle this. I'll be there at 2 p.m. sharp.

Empress has logged out.

Casanova: Just tell us. We won't expose you or something.

Anna: My sis is planning to take over the world. She wants to do things in her own way, okay? It's weird that after she met with this one officer a few days ago, she suddenly mentioned about world domination.

Cat: Which officer?

Anna: I'm not sure because I wasn't there but she said that she is a nice one.

Devil's Eye: That's not Little Miss Sherlock for sure.

Mania: ...

Abyss: What will you do?

Anna: I won't tell you because you won't tell me who are you.

Casanova: You're heading to the church to put the cameras and traps because you know the first place your twin would go is the old church. You two had argued in a church before this so that's why you choose that place.

Anna: How do you know?

Mania: We got our ways.

Anna: Are you... Phantom Thieves of Hearts?

Cat: What will you do if we say yes?

Anna: I don't believe that you guys are them. They're on the wanted list.

Rebel: Long short story, we're just lunatics.

Anna: you.

Devil's Eye: You want to destroy your own twin?

Anna: You could say that.

Mania: And?

Anna: I want her dead, okay? She doesn't even give a about me.

Abyss: Now it looks like you don't give a damn about your sister's life, .

Casanova: We're keeping an eye on you.

Anna turns off her phone and said, "Scammers."

As soon she arrived, she stood up and got off from the bus. She walked to the church and opened the door before she walked in. She looked around and put on several mechanism before she stand behind the wall. She waited and messaged Mel to come.

Anna waited for her to arrive. What she didn't know was that half of the members of Phantom Thieves were there to spy on her. Ren who was hiding on the chandelier, looked at Suki before saying through the earpiece, "We need to stop the war from happening."

"It's a small war, though," Suki replied. Xander takes out a gun before saying, "Keep it low. Our suspect will be here in a few minutes time."

Lucas adjusts his sniper and replied, "I'm going to shoot them if 's going down."

Mel walked inside the church and looked around. She asked, "Why did she even ask me to come here?"

"Since you want the world for yourself, why don't you fight me first?" Mel looked behind saw no one. She said, "Come out. Anna, you set me up."

"You think I will come out?" A metal bowl fell to the floor and Mel jumped before saying, "You're playing tricks again."

"You're being inconsiderate. You want to throw everyone away so you can be the one and only powerful person in this world." Mel scoffed and replied, "You're useless anyway, Anna."

"I'm useless to you and you're stupid for me." Mel is about to say something when suddenly the walls bursted thanks to the gadgets. Mel screamed and hid in between the benches. Lucas ran and jumped to the ceiling before the chandelier got separated from the ceiling. Anna ran and Ren jumped off before shooting his grappling hook to the pillar. He kicked the concerte away before catching Mel. Mel screamed and Lucas jumped before landing on the floor.

Anna ran out and Xander chased her. Anna looked behind and sprinted as fast as she could. Xander uses his gun and shot her leg, causing Anna to fall. Suki appears out of nowhere and caught Anna. Anna tried to escape and Suki used her gun to knock her head.

Xander arrived and said, "You're kidding me."

"If not she will be like a beast," Suki replied. She stood up and Ren arrived with Lucas and Mel. Mel was thrown to the ground and Xander asked, "Is this how you handled girls?"

"We don't act nice, that's one of the mottos, right?" Ren asked as he leaned against his sports car. Suki rolled her eyes and asked, "Now what?"

"We just bring them back," Lucas replied. They looked at each other and Ren said, "Fine. We need to clean the blood first."

"Goddamn," Suki groaned. She asked, "Do you guys left anything there?"

"Nope."

•Flashback over•

 

Eunwoo looks at the Phantom Thieves and said, "You guys are lucky I'm not arresting you guys."

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Byeongkwan asked. Eunwoo replied, "Just say that I also on your side to fight the main boss."

"Now what? We're bringing them to court?" Sakura asked as she looks at Eunwoo. He let out a sigh and replied, "We'll bring you girls for interrogation. Confess and you will stay in your cells."

"Or..." They look at Hyun-kyung who then approaches the two girls. She leans close and the girls are afraid of what she will do. Hyun-kyung smirks and replied, "We bring them straight to court, show them the evidence and let them face their death. Plus, you two shared on your social medias about your plans to manipulate the government, have secret documents that belongs to the government and have..."

Hyun-kyung stands properly before finishing her sentence, "Weapons that belongs to the terrorists."

"I-I..." Hyun-kyung walks around before saying, "Your last call was on July 27th 2018, 6.22 p.m.. You talked about the stocks about high-tech weapons and you leaked information to them to take over South Korea."

Mel and Anna look at her and Hyun-kyung looks at them before asking, "Is it true?"

They nod and Akira said, "You guys work for the terrorists. Wow."

"Drag them out. We're going to court," Hyun-kyung commanded.

 

15th August 2018, House of 81, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [10:45]

Young-min is cleaning the house the next day and Hyun-kyung is making some drinks. She walks to the living room and smiles faintly as she looks at Elizabeth. She thinks inside her head, She won't find out that I'm a Phantom Thief.

Hyun-kyung puts the glass of water on the table and sits on the sofa. She looks at Elizabeth and asks, "What brings you here on my day-off?"

"Who is that kid?" Hyun-kyung looks at Chae-yeon and stands. She walks to her and picks her up before replying, "She's my daughter."

"You're married?" Hyun-kyung shakes her head and walks to Elizabeth. She gives Chae-yeon to her and said, "I will go get the papers first."

Hyun-kyung walks to get the paper and Chae-yeon is sleeping. Elizabeth looks around and takes out a white powder before mixing it inside the water. She takes the cup and- "You're not going to murder Hyun-kyung's child."

Elizabeth looks at him and Tae-hyung walks to take Chae-yeon. Elizabeth stands and asks, "What makes you think I'm going to kill her, doctor?"

Tae-hyung glares at her and replied, "I know that drug."

Elizabeth hums and Tae-hyung gives her an icy glare. It is clear that he hates her a lot. Hyun-kyung walks to the living room and said, "Here are the papers."

Hyun-kyung sits on the couch and looks at Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung  said, "I'll bring Chae-yeon to h- Give her to me."

Tae-hyung gives Chae-yeon to Hyun-kyung and sits next to her. Elizabeth asks, "Then what the people would say if that kid doesn't have a father?"

"Tell them. Her father is here anyway," Hyun-kyung replied as she looks at Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung freezes and Hyun-kyung uses her left hand to hold Tae-hyung's right hand before looking at Elizabeth. She said, "He's my husband and you don't have the right to tell me that."

Tae-hyung looks at her with pure shock and Hyun-kyung looks at him. She smiles fakely and asks, "Am I right, darling?"

Hyun-kyung winks at Tae-hyung and Tae-hyung looks at Elizabeth and nods. Elizabeth drinks the tea and nods before Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung..he mutters, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Just go with the flow. Besides, I hate you anyway," Hyun-kyung muttered back before Tae-hyung takes a small piece of mooncake before eating. Hyun-kyung kisses Chae-yeon before asking, "How's the progess?"

"Not going well," Elizabeth replied. Hyun-kyung sips the tea before saying, "We need to catch Phantom Thieves as soon as possible. They can do anything to maybe... get us down."

"You need to catch them or else you're done." Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "Give me one year. They are quite hard to find."

"Agreed. One year starting today," Elizabeth replied before standing up. She leaves the mansion and Hyun-kyung said, "Snobbish woman."

"Why did you say I'm your husband?" Hyun-kyung replied, "Just to make her annoyed."

"Um... Hyun-kyung?" Hyun-kyung looks at him and asks, "What else?"

"When will you go back to study?" Hyun-kyung let out a sigh and replied, "Next year."

"How about Chae-yeon?" Hyun-kyung looks at her and replied, "I'm bringing her with me."

"She is your daughter." Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "I'm taking care of her."

"I hate that lady just now," Tae-hyung said. Hyun-kyung hums and finishes the tea. She said, "She tried to poison Chae-yeon when I wanted to take the papers."

"How do you know?" Hyun-kyung replied, "Mother instincts."

Tae-hyung nods and said, "I conducted a DNA test between you and Chae-yeon."

Hyun-kyung keeps quiet and Tae-hyung said, "She is your daughter and you love her a lot. I-I think I should give up."

Hyun-kyung looks at him and asks, "Why so fast?"

Tae-hyung looks at the floor before he answers, "I don't want to ruin your relationship with your new husband."

Hyun-kyung makes him look at her before replying, "Well, we just be acquaintances then."

"How about friends?" Hyun-kyung gives him an expressionless look and Tae-hyung quickly reply, "Okay. Acquaintances."

Hyun-kyung stands and puts Chae-yeon in the crib before sitting on a rocking chair. She slowly dozes to sleep and Tae-hyung takes the papers before reading it. He examines the whole report and asks himself, "They were adopted?"

"You're right." Tae-hyung jumps and looks at Young-min who is leaning against the wall. He smiles as he twirls hus gun before asking, "Do you really have a poor memory?"

"Sort of," Tae-hyung replied. Young-min walks to him and sits on the other couch as he looks at Hyun-kyung. He aims the gun at Hyun-kyung and Tae-hyung shouts, "DON'T!"

Young-min pulls the trigger and the room becomes dark. Tae-hyung looks around and the room lights up. It is a different room. Hyun-kyung is still asleep and Young-min puts the gun on the table. Tae-hyung said, "You killed your sister."

"Nope. See for yourself," Young-min replied. Tae-hyung stands and examines her. He looks at Young-min and asks, "How..."

"Illusion," Young-min replied. He stands and approaches Hyun-kyung before lifting her up carefully. He let her go and Hyun-kyung dissapears. Tae-hyung's eyes widened and Young-min looks at him before saying, "We're in her mind."

"B-but why?" Tae-hyung asked. Young-min replied, "Well, since you want to see how that actually happened, why not we just see it for ourselves?"

The door is open and they look in front. The luxurious house they are staying is now a small house. They saw three little babies with their parents, smiles on their faces. Young-min said, "That's us when we were young."

"Let's go to bed," the father said. Suddenly, a bang could be heard. Little Kwang-min screamed and little Young-min cried. The mother ran to the living room and hid the triplets in a closet. She locked it and sprinted.

Little Hyun-kyung peeks through the gap and another bang could be heard. She covers Young-min and Kwang-min's mouths before she witnesses the murder herself. She tries not to cry and soon, the man who disguised as a police officer officer left the house.

Little Hyun-kyung let go of their mouths and Young-min hugs her. Kwang-min hugs her as well and Hyun-kyung hugs them and the closet door is open. Aunt Choi pick them up with her husband's help and leave the house. They quickly run back to the Ko's house and close the door before Young-min cries loudly. Aunt Choi and Uncle Ko calms them down and-

"Did you catch him?" Tae-hyung asked. Young-min shakes his head and replied, "We couldn't track him at all. He escaped."

They come back to reality and they look at Hyun-kyung who just woke up from her sleep. She sits properly and Young-min asks, "Do you really want to marry Byeongkwan?"

Hyun-kyung nods and said, "Please."

Young-min hums and replied, "He is quite reliable."

Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and stands before saying, "I wish we're strangers."

Hyun-kyung leaves the living room and Tae-hyung let out a sigh. Young-min receives a call and he answers the call. He listens and hums before ending the call. He looks at Tae-hyung and said, "Let's go investigate the two girls."

 

15 August 2018, Gangnam Police Department [13:44]

Mel and Anna are being interrogated by Young-min and till now, they have no clue at all. Young-min groans and asks, "Why did you two want to involve Korea into this? It's too much."

Anna roll her eyes and replied, "Mel wants everything for herself. She's selfish and I won't let her be involved in politics."

Mel scoffs and said, "Anna nearly killed me. She wanted to murder me first."

Young-min sits properly and said, "If you two keep fighting, I will kill both of you for sure."

"You can't do that to us!" Both of them exclaimed. Young-min shows them a contract and said, "Your mother signed this document. I can shoot you two at anytime."

Mel and Anna glare at him and Young-min takes his gun out before filing up with bullets. He said, "Tell me what actually happened."

"Why do you ask the same question?" Anna asked, annoyed. Young-min replied, "I don't believe you two at all."

Young-min looks at Mel and said, "In five seconds, if you don't speak, I'll shoot your forearm."

"Go ahead. Shoot me," Mel challenged. Young-min smirks and shoots Mel's forearm. Anna gasps and Mel winces in pain. She glares at him and Young-min roll his eyes before replying, "You ask for it."

"Fine! I'm telling everything," Mel surrendered. Young-min looks at Tae-hyung who is still in shock before saying, "Treat her."

Tae-hyung blinks a few times before quickly approaches Mel. He takes the bullet out carefully and Mel looks at Young-min before confessing everything.

"I went to college as usual and studied in class. Nothing much fun happened on that time. I left class as soon it was over and headed to the library to find a book. As I was searching for the book, I saw an interesting book cover so I took it. I sat on a chair at the table all the way to the back. I read the book and I admired the people who can take over the countries. Since I wanted to be like them, I made my research on how to take over the world."

Young-min listens to her explanation and hums before looking at Anna. He asks, "Did she tell the truth or the lie?"

"Both," Anna muttered. Young-min nods and looks at the clock. He stands and said, "Let's go home."

Tae-hyung nods and Young-min leaves the interrogation room. Tae-hyung quickly follows him and Young-min loosens up his tie before they head to Young-min's office. Tae-hyung asks, "Is there anything wrong?"

Young-min opens the door and walks in. Tae-hyung walks in and closes the door before he gets cornered by Young-min. Tae-hyung's eyes widened and his breath becomes hitched. Young-min quickly put his arms on his sides before walking around the room, frustrated of something. He ends up sitting on his chair and Tae-hyung asks, "Do you need any- Coffee."

Tae-hyung nods and walks to make coffee. Young-min let out a sigh and rests his back on the chair before putting his feet on the table. Tae-hyung approaches him with the coffee and Young-min takes it before sipping it a bit. He glares at Tae-hyung before asking, "Don't you know how to make coffee?"

"W-what?" Tae-hyung stuttered. Young-min shakes his head before drinking it. Tae-hyung sits on the other chair before Young-min said, "Sherlock will take care of this."

"Who's in charge of this case?" Young-min replied, "Hyun-kyung."

"Only Hyun-kyung?" Young-min nods before replying, "I'm leaving next week."

Tae-hyung nods and Young-min said, "I don't trust you to be honest. That's why I'm making you stay in House of 81. Kwang-min is leaving as well for the time being. We got a major case to solve."

"How about her?" Young-min puts the cup on the table before replying, "You don't have to ask about her. She's my sister and she knows what she is doing. She survived on her own."

"Why are you treating me like this? Don't we have chemistry this whole time?" Young-min rolls his eyes before replying, "I am watching you."

"You're quite odd nowadays," Tae-hyung said. Young-min put his legs off the table and resumes his work. Tae-hyung looks at him and asks, "Why?"

"Can you shut up?" Young-min muttered. Tae-hyung makes Young-min look at him and slaps him. Young-min gasps in shock and Tae-hyung said, "You're too rude."

Young-min scoffs and continues his work. Tae-hyung asks, "Is it because I kissed Hyun-kyung?"

"No- WHAT?!" Young-min looks at Tae-hyung and Tae-hyung asks, "Is it because I kissed your sister?"

"Scumbag," Young-min muttered as he looks at the laptop screen. Tae-hyung asks, "Is it because I dated a lot of women?"

"No." Tae-hyung asks, "Is it because my father didn't manage to save your parents' lives?" Young-min stops typing whatever he is typing and looks at Tae-hyung. He turns his chair around so Tae-hyung could not see him. He hugs himself and silently cries. He burries his face in between his knees as he cries profusely. Tae-hyung stands and said, "I'll... leave first. Um... I can go to Japan if you want."

Young-min doesn't answer to Tae-hyung's statement. Tae-hyung walks and leaves the office before closing the door. He sits on the floor before hugging his knees. He hides his face in between his legs and cries. He said to himself, "I'm such a fool."

A few days has passed. Young-min packs his luggage and Tae-hyung walks in. He approaches Young-min and sits on the bed before asking, "Is it because you want revenge towards your parents?"

Young-min ignores Tae-hyung and Tae-hyung let out a sigh. Young-min zips his bag and said, "Stay away from Hyun-kyung. She hurt enough."

"What do you mean?" Young-min and Tae-hyung look and saw Hyun-kyung standing. Young-min stands properly and asks, "Can you help me?"

"You don't even get yourself ready," Hyun-kyung said as she walks to him. She adjusts Young-min's black tie before folding the sleeves. Tae-hyung said, "I'm sorry to hear about it to be honest."

"Hear what?" Hyun-kyung asked as she puts Young-min's watch on. Tae-hyung replied, "That my father didn't save your parents."

Hyun-kyung stops what she is doing and looks at Tae-hyung. She quickly stands and walks to Young-min's wardrobe before getting a black belt. She puts it on and said, "It's okay."

Young-min pulls her up and said, "Leave us alone for five minutes."

Hyun-kyung nods and leaves the bedroom. Young-min looks around and asks Tae-hyung, "Did it work?"

"I hate you for doing that, man," Tae-hyung said. Young-min sits on the bed and claps before saying, "I just want to see how good my acting is."

"Are you really leaving?" Young-min shakes his head. He replied, "I'm just going to stay at my friend's house for a while."

Tae-hyung lies on his back and said, "You're so cruel."

Young-min laughs and Tae-hyung asks, "Are you straight?"

"I'm straight but not for you," Young-min replied before winking at him, making Tae-hyung's cheeks becomes red. Young-min chuckles and sits properly before smacking Tae-hyung's thigh. Tae-hyung groans and Young-min stands before taking his luggage. He leaves the room and Tae-hyung quickly gets off from bed. He sprints out from the room and all of them are outside House of 81. Hyun-kyung hugs her younger brothers and kisses their cheeks before saying, "Have a safe trip."

Kwang-min nods and so as Young-min. They walk to put their luggages and Kwang-min gets inside the car. Young-min hugs Hyun-kyung before saying, "I won't let him stay with you when I'm gone."

"You're so overprotective, Young-min ah," Hyun-kyung replied as they break the hug. Young-min smiles before asking, "Is it awkward to do this?"

"Do what?" Young-min kisses Hyun-kyung's lips and quickly part his lips before getting inside the car. Hyun-kyung blinks a few times and the brothers leave. Tae-hyung waves goodbye and Hyun-kyung looks at him before saying, "Let's get the final clues from the twins."

Tae-hyung looks at her and nods before they walk to Hyun-kyung's car. They get inside and Hyun-kyung starts the engine before driving to the police department. Hyun-kyung said, "The twins' are quite nonsense. They really want to control all of us."

"Have you find clues about it?" Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "Well, they both already planned it in the first place."

 

[Flashback; freestyle]

"ANNA!" Mel walked to Anna who was studying in her bedroom. Anna asked, "What?"

"I read this book about leaders who conquer their countries. Don't you want to do it?" Anna nodded and replied, "If we got caught, then how?"

"We just change our alibi. It's simple. We just have to think of a strategy," Mel replied as she drank her pineapple juice. Anna thinked for a moment before replying, "We just have to make peopl think we're arguing and-" Mel and Anna discussed their plan and agreed. They high-fived each other and that's when the whole thing started.

 

"This cases are quite boring nowadays. There's nothing fun about it," Hyun-kyung said as she parks her car. She turns off her engine and said, "Let's go and finish this up."

Tae-hyung nods and they get out from the car. They walk inside the station and head to the interrogation room. Hyun-kyung opens the door and walks in with Tae-hyung before closing the door. Mel and Anna look at them and Hyun-kyung sits on the chair before saying, "You two will be sentenced to jail. Do you know that?"

The twins nod and Hyun-kyung takes out her file before saying, "Say the truth and only the truth. I could identify which one is the lie and the truth."

The session goes on well and two policemen are waiting in the interrogation room. Hyun-kyung gets all the information and writes them down. Tae-hyung watches them and Hyun-kyung's phone rings. She looks at her phone and answers the call. She said, "Meet me at 127A, 5.45 p.m. sharp. I have a case right now."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and closes the file. She stands and said, "You two had confessed and you will be in jail for a while. I hope you two learn your lesson."

Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and the policemen before saying, "Bring them to their cells. Tomorrow the judge will decide how many years they will be in there and all the details. I won't be there tomorrow so give me all the details the day after tomorrow."

"Yes, Little Miss Sherlock," the two policemen replied. Tae-hyung stands and the two of them leave the interrogation room. Hyun-kyung walks to the lobby and stops at Zuho's desk before sitting on his table. Zuho who is working with his laptop, glances at her and asks, "What do you want?"

Hyun-kyung looks at him and replied, "Nothing. Just checking out. I never know you will work here."

"Since I know some people here, why not I work here?" Hyun-kyung hums and takes one of Zuho's files before reading it. Tae-hyung approaches them and asks, "Can I go to the hospital?"

"Take my car." Hyun-kyung gives Tae-hyung her keys and Tae-hyung takes it. He nods and leaves the department before mumbling, "She's being nice nowadays. That's good."

Hyun-kyung, on the other hand, stops at one of the pages and looks at Zuho. She asks, "Aren't these the most popular and powerful gadgets?"

"Yes. We can ask MONSTA X to give it to us since they have it," Zuho replied. Hyun-kyung hums and said, "Makes me remind that they will come at 127A at 5.45 p.m."

"Ask them to bring the weapons. I want to check it," Zuho commanded. Hyun-kyung nods and uses Zuho's phone to call them. Somi approaches her and raises an eyebrow as she realises that Hyun-kyung is sitting on a table. Zuho looks at her and mouths the words: Let her be. She always sit like this according to the staffs here.

Somi nods and sits on her chair which is next to Zuho's workplace and Hyun-kyung ends the call. She said, "They will bring it today."

"Good. Somi, we're going too get the weapons today." Somi nods and replied, "Okay."

 

18 August 2018, 127A, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu [17:30]

Hyun-kyung, Zuho and Somi are waiting at the living room for their guests to arrive. Aunt Choi puts the cookies on the table and aks, "Are you going to have a meeting here?"

"It's quite urgent so I have to. Plus, there's not much people, though. Only the representative will come," Hyun-kyung replied. She takes the cookie and Aunt Choi leaves. Zuho sips his tea and the door is open. They look and a handsome, young man walks in. He wears his black leather jacket with white and black checkered shorts. He walks to the living room and sits on one of the sofas before Zuho asks, "Are you a member of the team MONSTA X?"

The male nods and replied, "I'm Yoo Kihyun." He glances at Hyun-kyung and said, "And you must be Little Miss Sherlock everyone's been talking about since day one."

Hyun-kyung nods and outs her left leg over her right leg. Well, she forgot that she wears a skirt. She rests her chin on the palm of her hand after she rests her elbow on her thigh before asking, "Where's the weapons that I asked you to bring?"