Back to school

Naughty Kiss

 

I woke up on the first school day of the new year feeling way too energetic. I had every reason to be energetic after what had happen during the hour holidays. Kai and I were finally together and everything was going great. Except for my friendship with Chen. Just thinking about me discouraged me. After leaving the New Year’s Eve party after seeing Kai and I kissing a few days ago, I had tried to reach him over and over again but gotten nowhere. I had even gotten Min Ho to call him but he was stubbornly not answering. I knew it was good that we were apart but I couldn’t stand to think he was angry at me even though he had every right to be.

 

I stubbornly grabbed my phone and called him again, hoping he would pick up without looking at the screen. Although it rang several times, I was welcomed by his voice mail. I hung up in defeat. I decided to take the hint: he did not want to talk to me.

And thus I let go of all the bad things and only focused on the positive, because I needed positive thinking. Stretching my arms, I danced my way to the bathroom and took a very long yet relaxing shower. 

Dressing in my uniform was just as fun as showering and for the first time in months, I felt whole. That thing that I felt before that was missing was nowhere to be seen. I was in such a good mood, I didn’t put make up on.

 

When I went downstairs only Mrs. Kim was in the dining room.

“Where everyone?” I asked.

“Kai took Min Ho to school”, she answered. 

“Ah”, I immediately went to the hallway. “See you later.”

 If I hurried to school I’d probably meet Kai before classes began. I wanted to be showered with his wonderful scent and soft lips. I know, I know. I sound completely obsessed for someone who’d spent the last few days with him but I had spent my entire Sunday, the day before, with the company of Tao and not seen a trace of him. 

With my headphones on my head, I left the house. Although it was freezing, the weather was beautiful and sunny. It fitted perfectly with my mood. When I reached school about 20 minutes later, I hurried to my classroom with a smile on my face.

“Hi!”, I waved with both my hands to my classmates.

“Why are you so happy today?” Lime asked suspiciously. I smiled a quite silly smile and went to my seat.

“I don’t know”, I lied.

“Daebak”, Tao shook his head. “You’re that happy about that?”

“Duh”, I bit my lip. I had told everything that happened between Chen, Kai and I to Tao and although he still disapproved of Kai, he wished me the best. He was still shocked that me and Kai were a thing now which even I was from time to time, “Are you jealous that I’m happier than you?” My eyes were wide open and I knew they were literally shining.

“You wish”, he said. “I wouldn’t have maintained a crush for as long like you did.”

“That’s the difference between the two of us”, I said. “I’m hard working.”

“Yeah yeah”, Tao closed his eyes. “Let me sleep. You kept me all night yesterday.”

I looked at the time. There were only 5 minutes left before class would start. I could take a sneak peak at Kai during that time. I looked at everyone and waited when they were all busy to leave the room. 

Once out, I walked to 4a’s main classroom. I was just a few feet close to their door when I stopped. I suddenly thought of Chen. It wouldn’t be fair to him if I went there to see Kai. And it wouldn’t be fair to Kai if I went there to see Chen. ARGH! Why were things so difficult just when they were going my way?

Pouting, I turned around head down. I heard footsteps approaching me and looked up. Kai was heading towards me with a few of his classmates. I looked left to right wanting to find somewhere to hide, but there were only classrooms. As a final attempt, I decided to face a wall and pretend that I wasn’t there until they left.

When the footsteps died, I heaved out. But when I turned around, I was blocked by someone. My eyes were at the same height as the person’s chest. Alarmed by the person’s presence and intimacy, I slowly looked up and met eyes with Kai. My mouth opened to speak, but I didn’t say a word.

“You thought I wouldn’t see you if you hid here?” He asked with his famous unfriendly smirk. His eyes were chilly and his voice was emotionless but he was warm. 

“Kind of”, I answered and gulped down my saliva. I was very nervous.

“Oh”, Kai sounded surprised. He took a few steps back and took a good look at my face. “You didn’t wear makeup today? You have a huge zit on your cheek.” He turned his heels and headed towards his classroom. “See you.” What? He just pointed out a zit on my face and walked away? This was the second time he pointed out my looks negatively and pissed me off.

“Ya!” I said. He turned around much to my surprise. I thought he was going to have that cold look on his face again, but he was smiling. Kai was smiling. At me! I stood there for a few seconds looking at him, not knowing what to say.

“You’re angry?” He came near me. “I thought you liked me being me. I’m just being honest.”

“I do bu…” I stopped talking. “That’s no way to speak to a lady.”

“Lady?” He laughed. “Who? You?” I frowned and my hand moved up to hit his arm. 

“Ya!” I said.

“Why did you come here?” He asked looking like his normal self.

“Why do you think?” I asked and took a few steps to shorten the distance between us. I shyly pulled him towards me by grabbing his blazer. 

“You need to stop”, Kai smiled but I ignored him and put weight on my toes. “I’m going to be late for cl-“ I pecked him with a smile. When Kai then took a deep breath I knew he was going to kiss me for real this time and that there’d be no escape so I quickly ran away. I could hear his gasp from far away.

“You’re not getting away with this”, he said behind.

 

 

Before going home, I went to Chen’s just to see if he was there. He and I hadn’t spoken at all since New Year’s Eve and he had been ignoring all of my calls. As no one answered I quickly went home.

"How was school?" Mr. Kim asked as soon as I stepped inside the living room.

"Less dramatic then usual", I answered. "But besides that everything was fine." Mrs. Kim frowned. Her face was showered with concern.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing”, I smiled but she didn’t budge. My face was probably not convincing.

“Chen’s been avoiding me”, I said.

“Did you have another fight?” She pat down the free seat next to her and I sat there.

“Not really,” I sighed. “He just took off when he saw me an...” I stopped myself with an awkward smile. Kai and I didn’t want anyone to know we were dating because we both knew everyone would always have something to say about anything that goes down. “We broke up.”

“Ah”, Mrs Kim slowly nodded. “That would explain why Kai sneaks in and out of your room when you think everyone’s sleeping.” I gasped. Of course Mrs. Kim knew. “I’m glad you and Kai are finally together. If you give Chen time I’m sure he’ll come around.” And yet again she was right. Chen needed time. I should have not been kissing Kai knowing he was in the other room and could have walked in at anytime. 

"I want to hold a welcome back party for you in the upcoming weekends."

"Party?" I asked. 

"It's more of a camping event", Mrs. Kim explained. "I thought we could all go camping and you’ll invite some of your friends and have some fun.”

"Mrs. Kim", I said. "I wouldn't want to bother you with all of that. It's fine."

"I've already made up my mind", she said. "So once Chen and you are on Fine, we’re going. I’m thinking we can go a saturday morning and we will be back sunday night." I knew the discussion was over and I could not convince Mrs. Kim not to hold the event so I gave up.

 

I went upstairs and knocked on Kai’s door. When the door opened, I felt my heart jump at the sight of him. He was dressed in a black T-shirt and relaxing pants.

“How may I help you?” He asked while leaning against the door. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Chen’s still not picking up my calls”, I said. As he was closing the door, I could tell by his body language that he was rolling his eyes or doing something in that lane.

“Last time you said he wasn’t feeling well,” Kai said. “Maybe he’s still sick?”

“I lied about that”, I sighed. “He left the party because he saw us kissing.”

“I figured”, Kai smirked. He sat next to me. “Although I hate it, I know he means a lot to you and you to him, so he’s probably just dealing with some stuff. Give him time, he’ll come around.”  He looked at me and I couldn’t help but smile and feel so much pride in being with him.

“Wow”, I said. “You’ve changed. You’ve becoming a little more considerate of others.”

“Yeah”, he agreed and closed in the space between us.  “Unlike you that teases people and walk away after getting them all worked up.”  I laughed when I remembered school earlier this morning.

“Oh you could handle it”, I said.

“You woke a thirst in me”, he said all serious as his face was hungrily going for my lips. “It has to be quenched. Now.” Unable to take him seriously, I laughingly kissed him and he pulled me back when I tried to stop. As I was laughing due to his silliness I was making it hard for us to kiss. Kai pulled back looking pissed. “I’m still thirsty, Eun ah!”  When our eyes met we both ended up laughing and falling on his bed.