The Kim's

Naughty Kiss

The inside of the Kim’s house was as extravagant if not more extravagant than the outside. The colours where a mix of a warm beige and white with walls, furniture and everything mimicking that fashion. The house had a high ceiling and so far the windows I had seen where just as high which made me feel like I was being watched by people outside. 

I had been sitting in the living room next to my father for 30 minutes now. The setting in the living room consisted of two minimalistic looking sofas followed by 3 sets of fauteuils. The central table was small and not meant for anything else but to act as decor.

Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Kai were sitting in front of us. Seeing them side by side I could see where Kai got his overall aesthetic from. In the face he looked like his mother, big eyes, perfect skin, etc… but everywhere else he was a literal copy of his father. The way his body was built, the way he sat and moved and even spoke was exactly like his father.

It was lowkey creepy and it didn’t help that Mrs. Kim had been staring at me every since we’d sat down. The only ones who had been talking where my dad, Mr and Mrs Kim meanwhile Kai and I where just there in the background.

“It feels really good to have both Ji Eun and you here after such a long time”, Mr Kim said. I frowned. What did she mean by that?

”I know”, my father said. ”I apologise for not coming over from time to time for so long but I was so focused with raising Ji Eun and slowly lost contact with everyone.”

”I understand,” Mrs. Kim smiled as she turned to me. ”I just feel like I’ve missed so much. I haven’t seen you since you were three and look how much you’ve grown.”

“I know you?” I impulsively asked. ”Oh, I’m sorry.”

“You can talk to us, we don’t bite”, Mrs. Kim smiled. I noticed she smiled a lot. “And of course you might not remember since you where only three but you and Kai use to play together everyday.” Kai and I where playmates?

”I remember”, my father said. “Jong In was only 3 months old when you guys brought him to the hospital the day Ji Eun was born.” I immediately looked at Kai and saw he was already looking at me with an indescribable emotion on his face. I quickly looked away. So, Kai saw me from the day I was born? What in the world was happening?

 

”Your mother and I where best friends and did everything together. We even got pregnant at around the same time too.” Mrs. Kim continued and turned to Kai. “I always knew faith would bring you and Ji Eun back together again.” Kai violently coughed while my face turned red after hearing what she said. This was so embarrassing and awkward. Thankfully I felt my phone vibrate and quickly took the opportunity to excused myself to the open kitchen.

“Hello?”

“Ji Eun”, Lu Han said.

”Hi”, I greeted. ”What’s up?”

“I was worried”, he said. “How are you? Did your father finally find a place?”

“Yes”, I answered thinking about Kai’s house. “He did.”

“I hope you’re adjusting”, Lu Han said. “Don’t you hesitate to call if you need someone to talk to ,okay? Tao isn’t the only one who gets you.”

“I'll keep that in m-” Someone poked me. I turned around only to see a cute boy looking at me. He was about only two heads shorter than me and he had big curly hair with adorably big eyes reminiscent of Mrs. Kim’s.

“Can you help me with my homework?” He asked in a cute voice that made me melt inside.

“I’ll call you back, Lu Han”, I hung up and slightly bent my knees to be at the same length as the boy.

“Well, who do we have here?” I asked. “Perhaps, you are Kai’s little brother?”

“My name is Min Ho”, he said. ”Yes, I’m Kai Jr.” I smiled.

“How old are you?” I asked.

”12”, Min Ho sounded impatient. ”Will you help me with my homework or not?”

“Sure”, I said and took a look at the book he was holding. He was doing some math equations from 6th grade.  I looked at the equation he wanted me to solve. It didn’t look too complicated but in my case even the simplest math equation where hard to solve. My head went completely blank no matter how many times I would read it so I decided to just guess.

“The answer is 2?” I kind of said and asked at the same time. The 12 year old boy shook his head. “3?” He continued to shake his head. ”4?”

“Are you dumb?” He asked me and I gasped. He had called me dumb, just like his older brother.

”You shouldn’t call people dumb”, I said.

”You need help solving a 6th graders math equation?” Kai entered the kitchen ready with the shade throwing. He stood at the doorway with his arms folded, his head tilted and his big beautiful eyes looking at me intensively. I tucked my hair behind my hair and tried to avoid his eyes.

”No, I don’t.” I retorted feeling like he’d touched a sore point. Kai tried to take the book away from me but I held it tightly. He scoffed at my unwillingness to hand him the book and for a few seconds we had a power struggle. In the end he managed to take the book away. I simply looked down at my shoes feeling first hand embarrassment. Why did I have to act like that?

“Hyung”, Min Ho whispered as if I wasn’t standing right there. “Is she dumb?”

“You should ask her that”, Kai answered. I felt offended by both but just couldn’t find the right words to defend myself.  He took his brother’s pen and started jotting the answers down in the book.

Mrs. Kim entered the kitchen with a big smile.

“I see you guys are already friends”, she said.

“No”, Min Ho said. “I don’t want to be friends with her.” I gasped for the second time in less than ten minutes along with Mrs. Kim. What was up with the Kim brothers and their unified dislike of me?

“How can you say that?” Mrs. Kim looked at her youngest son. “Go to your room. Now!” Min Ho stuck out his tongue at me before running out of the kitchen. Mrs. Kim looked at me. “I’m so sorry, Ji Eun.”

“It’s okay”, I said. “I don’t mind.” It wasn’t Min Ho’s fault. It was Kai’s fault for not teaching his brother better by acting like he did.

”See", Kai opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water, "She doesn’t mind being called dumb” Tae Ri hit Kai softly on the head. He simply walked out of the room without reacting. 

“Forgive my boys”, Tae Ri had an apologetic look on her face but she quickly regained her beautiful smile as she linked her arm to mine. “Follow me. I’ll show you your room.”

 

 

 

I followed Mrs. Kim out of the kitchen as she explained to me how the room setting in the house was. She led me up the stairs to the second floor. The second floor looked like paradise. It was so big and beautifully decorated, it looked like a second living room with a hallway that held two doors.

 

There was a huge brown bookcase against the edged wall before that broke in two and led to the hallway. Close to the bookcase there was a huge sofa and central table that was facing a floor to ceiling double window that  couldn’t be opened. The view of the window showed the large backyard of the Kim’s house but what was amazing about it was being able to see the starry sky. It was mesmerizing.

”You kids stay here on the second floor while we grownups are on the third.” Mrs. Kim said. I noticed there was a classic guitar leaning against the bookcase and it reminded me of my own guitar that had burned during the fire. 

“Your house is really beautiful,” I complimented.

“Wait until you see your room”, Mrs. Kim said.  ”The boys will be staying over there.” She pointed to the other side of the room, way across the other side of the hallway. ”And you will be staying over there.” She lead me to the end of the hallway and opened the door that was facing us. The room was so beautiful it left me speechless. The floor had white fluffy carpet.

The queen sized bed had an elegant wooden design that went extremely well with the rest of the house’s aesthetics. It was filled with fluffy pillows and a brownish golden bed cover. The desk that was against the wall across from my bed looked brand new and it was already occupied by a computer and magazines amongst other things. Something that really surprised me was the window seat that was on  left side of the bed. Mrs. Kim had put many different kinds of pillows and teddy bears there so I could sit and relax by the window if I wanted to.

“Do you like it?” She asked.

“This is really”, I began. As I felt the tears coming, I tried to calm down. I didn’t want to cry. Ever since the incidents at school and the house I had done my best to not shed any tears because I knew that once I started crying I wouldn’t be able to stop.  “This is amazing. Thank you so much for all you’ve done for us. It means a lot.”

”It’s nothing”, Mrs. Kim smiled. “Your mother would have done the same thing for my sons.” I bowed. “I’m so happy to have you stay with us, I hope this will turn out well.” She gave me a warm hug. “Oh, by the way you should check out the wardrobe. It’s breathtaking and also there’s a fresh new towel there if you want to take a shower.” 

She winked as she left the room. I opened the wardrobe that were to the right side of the room. As soon as I saw the clothing my legs went weak and I let it all out. 

Mrs. Kim had no idea what all she did meant to me. She had accepted my father and I into her home and in the few hours of knowing us was already treating me like I was her own child. Never had I met someone so nice.

 

 

I continued to cry and tried not to make any noise by keeping my mouth shut.

“My mother told me to tell you she made some snacks for you”, I froze in my crying when I heard his voice. Kai was standing in the doorway of the room and looking at me with wide eyes. Feeling embarrassed, I quickly wiped my tears away and took quiet but deep breaths to calm down.

“I’ll go down in a second”, I said and forced myself to look at him to seem like I wasn’t crying just a few seconds earlier. As we looked at each other, I begged he’d not say anything about me crying. I was hoping he’d pretend like he didn’t see or hear anything as I waited in silence for him to say something or even do something. Anything. But he didn’t. He just stood there and looked at me with his cold eyes making me feel more and more nervous by the second.  Feeling more and more insecure about what was happening, I bit the inside of my cheek and decided to simply own it.

“I’ll kill you if you tell anyone you saw me crying,” I said and walked pass him. 

¨¨¨¨¨

 

After eating Mrs. Kim’s delicious snacks, I wanted to shower. I grabbed a towel from my room and turned the knob to the bathroom door that was close to my bedroom but it wouldn’t open. I tried to open the door several times more without success when the door opened from inside the bathroom. I was now standing in front of a half- Kai who was dressed in pyjama pants but wore nothing on top. I tried looking away from his body but I couldn’t. My eyes were literally glued to his perfectly built upper body. I noticed water was dripping down from his wet hair to his perfect chest. Kai didn’t move an inch but instead casually dried his hair with a towel. Realising how embarrassing this was, I cleared my throat and looked away.

”Sorry,” I said. I felt my cheeks were slowly blushing. Although this was extremely awkward I couldn’t but feel lowkey happy. I would have never imagined being able to be in this type of situation one day but here I was, standing in front Kai’s amazing abs and I loved every second of it.

“You’re welcome”, Kai said as he exited the bathroom for his bedroom which was on the other side of the room opposite to the hallway. I closed the door and leaned against the door with a  smile and funny sensations throughout my body. If this is how everyday was going to be then I didn't want to leave this house ever!

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Here's an update! :D

I hope you guys liked it!!!! Don't forget to subscribe if you like the story :D Comments too? Thanks