The some

Naughty Kiss

The summer and fall was now completely over and winter was in its beginning phase. Adapting to the new house was not difficult to do but it did take a few weeks to do so. It was still awkward for me to have breakfast without Mrs. Kim, Min Ho and Kai sitting at the table with me. It was awkward coming home to a empty house since dad was working. It was awkward not hanging out with Min Ho and watch a movie together during the weekends. Even Mr. Kim’s absence was noticeable although I barely used to see him around. 

The most terrible part of it all however was not having dinner together with everyone. I loved just being able to sit with dad but it did feel less lively with just the two of us.

Sometimes when I was really busy, I wouldn’t notice the absence of the Kim’s. But on days like today when I wasn’t doing much, it was impossible not to miss them. It was impossible not to think of them, especially him.

After barely revealing that he was confused of his feelings regarding me, Kai had asked for some space. It’d been about two months and still to this day, he didn’t acknowledge of my presence. He was never there when I went to the Kim’s and he never came to visit when the Kim’s would come over to the apartment.

Everyone had been here, even Mr. Kim who was always at work, but for some reason Kai hadn’t. I understood he wanted space but going so far as to not even visit my father when we had moved was overdoing it. However that only made me feel that much stronger about my decision to just do what I wanted to do.

“You’re zoning out again”, Chen was snapping his finger to wake me up from my thoughts. We were currently at the apartment watching a variety show.

“I’m sorry”, I let out an embarrassed smile. “I’ll focus on the show.” Chen shook his head and turned the tv off. 

“Clearly this isn’t for you”, he said. “You need more life around you.” Chen got up and held out his hand. “I’ll take you out.”

“Are you sure you can do that?” I asked. “Aren’t you like super famous nowadays?”

Exo, the group Chen was in, had grown incredibly popular in a very short timespan. All songs they had released so far had become hits. Their faces where literally everywhere in the city and on tv. There was not a single person in Seoul who didn’t know who Exo was in this moment. Him wanting to go out in spite of that was plain crazy.

“Of course”, he smiled. “You have nothing to worry about, I’m the master of disguise.” It was true, we had taken risks a few times before and gone out together while he was hiding his face but that was only to go to the store next to the apartment when he came to visit me. This time he wanted to do more than that.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea”, I concluded after giving it more thought.

Chen grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I came face to face with him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He smiled while we looked at each other and my heart fluttered when he planted a kiss on my forehead.

“Come on”, he said softly. He planted another kiss but this time on the tip of my nose. “Please?” He pecked my lips. “For me?” He pecked my lips again and I found myself giving in. He kissed me and I let him slide his tongue in without hesitation. 

I’m sure you’re confused right now but trust me it wasn’t complicated. Since I had moved out and ever since my last fight with Kai, Chen and I had grown much more close than before. We were actually kind of secretly dating but nothing was official. Chen’s mother and our common friends knew and those I felt where the only people who needed to know about Chen and I for now. 

I liked Chen, I really did. And while I had feelings with Kai, I felt I couldn’t continue to wait and wait for him to decide whether he liked me or not. I honestly had had enough of waiting for him. If Kai liked me for real, he wouldn’t have sounded so indecisive and unsure of himself like he did that time at that restaurant. Whatever reason he had that he couldn’t move pass, I didn't want to care. Well, okay, I was trying not to care.

Why dwelve on Kai when there was a guy who actually was sure that he liked me and that I also liked? I figured screw Kai, stop overthinking and just live in the moment and do what felt right. And right now, kissing Chen felt more than right. I had discussed this with Chen and he knew I still wasn’t over Kai but we had decided to just go ahead with dating as I naturally would get over Kai over time.

“Fine”, I said when the kissing ended. “We can go out.” Chen lift me into a hug. “But we are taking a taxi. And no places with too many people.”

“I promise”, he let me down. 

 

Half an hour later, we were sitting in the back of a taxi holding hands. Chen was wearing a baseball cap and a mouth piece to hide his face. I had no idea where we where going but it didn’t matter. As long as I wasn’t stuck in the apartment and in my thoughts, I was fine with whatever. When the taxi eventually stopped, I realised he hadn’t taken me that far.

“You wanted to come here?” I asked. He nodded while paying the fee, and we got out. We where standing in front of my father’s fully packed restaurant. 

“There’s way too many people”, I began and turned around. “We are not going there.”

“We’ll be upstairs”, he said. “Your dad said it was fine.” The upstairs region of the restaurant consisted of two rooms, one was a storage and the other one a mini living room that was big enough to hold a sofa, table and tv. Understanding that Chen’s plan was that we could sit in the mini living room, I followed him inside without arguing. We went straight ahead to the counter where my dad was currently speaking to a customer. As soon as he saw us he smiled.

“You two are finally here”, he said once his customer left. “You go ahead upstairs. The food will come up soon. I’ll ask Soo Min to bring it.” We didn’t need to be told twice.

Upstairs as soon as Chen and I opened the door to the mini living room, his mask and cap where taken off. It only took a second before we were at each other. His fingers where intertwined in mine and so where his lips. We both took it slow this time to enjoy it more.

I don’t know how long we stood kissing each other but eventually the door opened and we had to stop.

“Here’s the meal you o-“ The intruder began. Recognising the voice, I turned my head towards the person and was left too shocked to say something. I was expecting Soo Min, a waitress who had recently been hired to be here. But this wasn’t her.

The intruder and I made eye contact for a split 3 seconds, yes I counted, and during that short time I wondered: Do I let go of Chen’s hands? Do I pretend like nothing happened? Do I disappear from planet earth and never show my face again?

Chen made the decision for me by A: not letting me go, B: pulling me closer to him and C: planting another kiss on my temple.

“Oh”, he said. “Didn’t expect you to be here today, Kai.” Wait, what? Now that he’d said that, I realized something. Kai was wearing my dads restaurant uniform and an apron and he was holding a tray with dishes on. This situation was confusing. Why was Kai dressed like that? 

“Mr. Go needed my help”, he said and put down the food on the table. “What are you doing here?” His eyes never left mine, not when he put down the food, not when he answered to Chen’s question and not right now when he was asking this question. It was as if he was talking to me and not to Chen.

“We are just enjoying our Saturday”, Chen smiled. “Sorry if we were indecent when you cam—“

“I’m needed downstairs”, Kai interrupted Chen and left. When he closed the door, I felt like I could breathe again. Although he was physically gone from the room, I could still smell his perfume and it felt like he was still standing there looking at me the way he always did.

“What was that?” I finally asked Chen. “What just happened?”

“Kai helps out here sometimes”, Chen explained matter-of-factly. I blinked twice. “I thought you knew he worked here”, he frowned. “Didn’t your dad tell you?” No, my dad didn’t tell me . ”He didn’t?” 

“How long has this been going on?” I asked. How and why was this hidden from me? 

“I saw him working here around the time you moved out, so maybe then?” Chen sat down and I followed him. “I don’t know, you should ask him.” When he realised his mistake, his cheeks grew red. “Sorry, I forgot.”

This small discovery had shifted my entire mood and I could feel a large conflict build up inside of me. If Chen knew Kai worked here sometimes then why would he bring me here when he knew that Kai and I weren’t on good terms and I was still struggling to get over Kai? 

Had he done this on purpose just in case Kai was here so he could rub it in his face that me and him where “dating”? I looked at Chen who was currently filling a bowl with rice. He looked so peaceful and so innocent, there was just no way he would do something so malicious. It wasn’t in him. What was I thinking? That’s something Kai would do. Chen was no Kai, he was simply Chen and that’s what I liked about him.

“What are you smiling at?” Chen asked when he finally looked up. I bent over the table and nibbled his lips as I slowly kissed him. He kissed me back. “What’s that for?”

“Thank you for being you”, I said and kissed him again.

 


A/N

Thhank you guys for 100 subbies and all the comments!! This chapter is for the ChenJi shippers :)

 

Ps: For those of you who don't know, a some relationship is when you are not officially in a relationship, but when you're together, you act like a couple.

(definition from: https://asiaanonymous.wordpress.com/2014/09/06/youre-not-my-girlfriend-youre-just-my-some-investigation-of-the-trending-korean-dating-keyword-some/)