The flight

Naughty Kiss

Kai angrily turned off the water and stepped towards me. I backed away and was quickly cornered against the wall leading to my bedroom while he stood at exactly a few inches away from me. When I met his eyes, I was definitely scared.

“What exactly gives you the right to come into my life and mess everything up?” He asked.

“What?” I had no idea what he was talking about.

“Before that confession of yours”, he said. “Everything was fine. I was happy but then you showed up out of nowhere and now I can’t even think straight or act like myself.” He looked like he was about to hit something. His face was red, his breathing was unsteady and his hands were moving around a whole lot. “I don’t even know why I’m angry because trust me what you did is not worth being angry at yet I’m so freaking pissed off.”

“Just tell me what you’re talking about so I can explain myself”, I begged. “You’re scaring me.”

“And stop biting your lips,” he yelled.

“Hyung”, Min Ho called. “Stop it.” Kai looked at his brother and stopped for a while before rushing straight downstairs.  A few seconds later I heard the front door slam shut.

“Noona”, Min Ho called. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine”, I lied. “I'll just go to bed early. Goodnight.” 

I locked myself up in my room feeling like crying but I just couldn’t bring myself to cry over this. All of it was ridiculous. How could he be angry yet not tell me what I had done wrong? Instead I went online and started a video conversation with Alice.

“You look distressed”, she said.

“I know”, I answered. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing much”, she bit her nail. “I’m just thinking about you and Tao making out earlier.”

“We weren’t making out”, I heaved out knowing she was just exaggerating. “It was just a kiss not to forget I warned him not to do it.”

“But you let him practically devour your lips in front of everyone”, she snapped. “You know how Lu Han feels about you yet you did that. It was really rude of you.”

“Rude?” I laughed.  Why was I the rude one when Tao was the one who kissed me against my will? Why was everyone ganging up against for things I couldn’t even help myself. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked.

 

“You make out with Lu Han at a party and you think it’s cool not to at least let me know?” I asked. Her eyes widened.

“How did you know?”

“It doesn’t matter how I know”, I yelled. “What matters is that you didn’t tell me. Also if you really liked Tao like you’ve been insinuating, you would have made out with him and not with Lu Han, Alice.”

“It didn’t mean anything”, she said. “I was drunk and so was he.”

She was drunk? Yeah, the joke was on her.

“Just stop your lies already”, I said. “You weren’t drunk. What is it that you’re trying to hide by lying?” She didn’t answer and I tried figuring out myself. If she liked Tao she would have made out with him which she didn’t do. But why? Why didn't she do it? Unless it was because… Oh my god, I couldn't believe I didn't see it. “You’ve never liked Tao. It was Lu Han you liked all along wasn’t it?”

“I’m sorry”, Alice started crying. “I wanted to tell you guys but since he liked you I felt like it was wrong of me to bring up. You assumed I liked Tao so I just let you believe it...”

“Don’t cry”, I felt so sorry for her. “I’m the one who should apologise for assuming you liked someone and for making you feel the way you do. Everyone knows I have no feelings for Lu Han at all and I’m sure he’ll get over me soon.”

“I feel so much better”, she dried away her tears. “But seriously though. I meant it. It shouldn’t have happened in front of Lu Han.”

“I know”, I closed my eyes.

“But you liked it didn’t you?”

“Liked what?”

“Tao kissing you”, she said. I shook my shoulders not knowing if I liked the kiss or not. “Why don’t you just date him? Kai doesn’t seem like he’ll be getting around anytime soon.”

“I like Kai not Tao”, I answered. ”Tao’s my best friends.”

“Then why do you and Tao have so much skinship? You’re always touching each other a little too much.”

“I don’t know”, I puffed my cheeks. “I think we've been used to it since we were kids.”

“Well let's hope there won’t be any drama in Osaka”, she said. ”I don’t think I can handle anymore drama.” I laughed.I couldn’t agree more with her.

 

 

 

A week later

On the due day’s morning, Friday, I was ready to travel. I had packed my summer clothes and was dressed in a casual outfit for the trip. As I walked down the stairs carrying my suitcase and my backpack, I saw Kai all ready. Everyone had said goodbye besides Mrs. Kim who was going to drive us to the airport. We were supposed to be there before 8. o’clock because our flight was due at 09:48.

In the car Mrs. Kim was trying to make conversation which didn’t really go well. I was barely listening and Kai was being Kai with his face hidden behind a book. He and I were not on good terms at all. We were even ignoring each other ever since his outburst about me ruining his life when I had no idea how I was even ruining his life.

“We’re here”, Mrs. Kim said after what felt like hours. We descended the car and I grabbed my suitcase and my backpack. Mrs. Kim hugged us at the same time. “You children have fun okay? Don’t fight.” 

She waved goodbye and when she left, I entered the airport. The meeting place was near a souvenir shop called Haneul (heaven). I spotted my friends and rushed to their sides while Kai went to his ‘friends’.

“Isn’t this going to be fun?” Lime’s eyes were glimmering.

“It’s going to be the best trip ever”, Alice agreed. I pulled out my cellphone ready to take a picture.

“One”, I counted. “Two.” Familiar arms where around me from behind and my smile grew bigger. “Three.” I took the pic knowing the guys were also in it. I was turned around by Tao’s strong arms. “Hi Oppa.”

“Hi to you too”, he greeted.

“Dear kids”, Boa yelled. I spotted her looking as beautiful and gorgeous as always. She was young, hot and pretty yet she was still single. I had always wondered why but never found a reason. Maybe she liked her freedom. “It’s now 8.15 and we’ve checked everyone’s presence and you’re all here. The plane will leave in around two hours and we have to check in so follow Lee Tuk and me. Don’t get lost.”

Everyone followed them and I was so warm I had to get my water bottle so I stayed behind without losing them from my sight.

“Let me help you”, Lu Han who had stayed behind offered.

“It’s okay Lu”, I refused his help. “I can do it myself.” 

I saw his disappointed eyes but I had to ignore it for Alice’s sake. I couldn’t keep being nice to him which led him on and he himself had said he was trying to get over me. After drinking the water I hurried after the others. About an hour later or more, everyone had checked in so we were patiently waiting for the airplane so we could board it. While time was passing by I remembered I forgot to take out the patches for my motion sickness from my suitcase and the gum which helped a lot in emergency cases.

“What’s wrong?” Tao asked. ”You look worried.” At the same time I was to answer it was announced that we could board the plane. I felt sick already and we hadn’t even entered the plane. I really hated travel sickness. It made it impossible for me to travel on airplanes, trains and boats for a long period of time without throwing up.

Putting my sickness in the back of my head for a while, we entered the airplane and searched for our seats. It seemed our school had filled half the places in the economic class. Thankfully, I was seated with Tao and Alice in the window seats and in front of us were sitting Lime, Se Hun and a guy from 3a called Jong Hyun. Next to our seat but in the middle were sitting Kai, a girl from class 3a and Lu Han. 

I felt sorry for Lu Han to be seating with Kai, I mean the guy was no fun at all. I was sure he would be dead quiet during the entire trip reading some book. After taking out my wallet, headphones and my cellphone from my handbag I put it in the luggage carrier and took off my hoodie, revealing my white tank top before sitting down because it was warm. I tied my long hair into a ponytail letting the bangs free and took my wallet.

“Tao”, I called because he was blocking my way. “I need to go pass you.”

”Where are you going?” He asked.

“I have to ask a stewardess for chewing gum”, I answered and he gave me the look. "I forgot the patches." Tao and I knew each other for so long we knew everything there needed to be known about the two of us.

“I’ll follow you”, he offered and we went on a stewardess and gum hunt. It wasn’t really a hunt since it was easy to find them, unfortunately none of them had gums.

“How about I sit in the middle and you can sit by the hall?” Tao asked when we returned to our seats.

“Thanks”, I let him sit before taking my place.

“What’s up?” Alice asked.

“Nothing much.”

An hour later we were all midair and I didn’t feel good.

“Are you sick?” Lu Han asked after coming back from the toilet.

“I don’t feel like talking”, I whispered to not wake Kai and the other passengers who were sleeping.

“Why not?” Lu Han questioned and it must have been my hormones or something because he was annoying me.

“Lu!” I said a bit too loud. Kai woke up, Lime and Se hun had turned around to look at what was going on and Tao and Alice stopped playing uno.  ”Just stop.”

“Sorry.”

And right when I least expected it, it was time to take everything I had eaten out. I ran to the bathroom with a hand covering my mouth and threw up in the toilet. The door opened behind me opened and closed again.

“You’re a mess”, Tao said. He pulled my hair up while I continued my disgusting vomiting and helped me up after I finished. I spoiled the thing, rinsed and cleaned my mouth and Tao handed me a water bottle that I gulped down. “It’s going to be fine. There's only about a half hour left.”

We left the toilet and retuned to our row. I rested my head on Tao's shoulder and closed my eyes.

“Are you feeling better?” Se Hun asked. He bent forward and touched my forehead.

“Better”, I answered. “It’s just motion sickness.”

“Why didn’t you bring patches?”  Alice asked.

“Forgot”, I took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry babe”, Lime patted my head.                                  

“Do any of you have some gum?” Tao asked. No one answered and I wished I hadn’t opened my mouth next but I did.

“Do you have gum Kai?” I asked.

“Do I look like a gum carrier?” He asked back.

”Saying no wouldn’t have killed you”, I snapped at him. ”Jerk.”

“Dimwit”, he said and left. He was followed by Lu han to the other side of the plane. Lu Han returned a while later with a gum packet.

“You’re a savior Lu”, I thanked and chewed on one gum. I hugged his hand as a thank you. Chewing gum kind of helped me feeling less sick while travelling. I didn't know if it helped others, but it surely worked as kind of a placebo for me. 

“It was nothing real…”

“You only got gum”, Kai walked straight in between the hand hug forcing my hand out Lu Han's.       

“At least Lu Han was nice enough to find me gum”, I retorted. Kai froze for a second and Lu Han looked at the two of us with worry.

“Stop fighting”, he said. “It’s just gum. Please Kai, just forget what she said.” I blinked several times. Wait... What? Come again Lu Han?  “Ji Eun ah just sit down, you need to relax.” Did Lu Han just take Kai’s side? Did I just witness Lu Han defending Kai? Unbelievable.

“Since when are you guys friends?” I asked.

“Please stop talking”, Kai sat down. “I would like to sleep and your voice is annoying.”

“Why do you always have to be so mean?” I asked Kai. “I wished you had some kind of button where I could turn off your attitude so that we all could have a nicer version of you.”

Okay, I had no idea where that came from. The words that came out didn’t just shock everyone, but I myself was at lost for words. I knew I was going to be screwed by Mr. Handsome for speaking to him that way and I was right. 

The icy and deadly look I received from Kai scared the motion sickness out of me; Literally. I was so scared that I would have peed myself if I had a bladder problem, no offense to those mentioned. Anyway, I stared at my knees while holding my breath because I was very aware Kai had been and was still eying me.

“I will shut up”, I said but I knew he was still giving me the eye. “I’m sorry, stop staring at me.” 

Instead of sleeping like he said he was going to do, he grabbed his book and went back to the other side of the airplane. Once he was gone, I heaved out and leaned back on my seat heart racing. My friends were all looking at me.

"He was sooooo angry", Alice looked like she had seen a ghost. 

“You’re lucky you’re still alive”, Lime commented. ”I thought he was going to eat you like a monster.” She shivered. I understood her because for a moment there, I thought he was going to eat me up too.

"Go Ji Eun", Tao put his arm around my neck pulling me in for one of these boyish head hugs as he ruffled my hair. He was laughing with Se Hun. "You grew some balls. I'm proud!" I mildly punched him in his sides and he faked a scowl as he let me go.

"Stop laughing", I warned him. "It's not funny. " I looked at Se Hun. "You too." Se Hun sat down and they stopped but they started giggling a few seconds later. I noticed Lu Han was looking at me. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing", he said. "It's just that you were a little bit too harsh on Kai." He left his seat.

Seriously? Did Lu Han say I was being too harsh on Kai? Was he taking Kai's side again? What happened to his hate for the guy?