The little confession

Naughty Kiss

The pilot announced we had landed and Alice and I looked outside the window. Yup, we were definitely in Osaka cause that looked nothing like Seoul.

“Finally”, I stretched my arms and legs.

“Are you awake now?” Tao asked. I nodded and he touched the corner of my lip.

“What is it?”

“You drooled”, he said. Crap! Kai was right I do drool. Maybe too much.

“So you clean her drool with your bare hands?” Alice asked. Tao shook his shoulders.

“I’ve done worse”, he said.

“Like sticking his finger in my nose when we were in kindergarten”, I said. “Chilling memories.”

 

“I can’t believe it”, Lime said in the bus ride to our hotel after we had left the plane and checked out. “Osaka is so beautiful.”

“Kids listen”, Lee Tuk said when we finally entered the hotel. He started talking but no one was paying attention to any of it.

“What do you guys want to do?” Lu Han looked at us girls. “Do you want to hang out later?”

“Sure why not”, Alice said. “We can have a small get together.”

“Here’s your keys girls”, Lee Tuk handed us three keys for the same room.

“Then you guys can buy the snacks”, Tao looked at his cellphone. “And we will get the drinks.”

“No”, Se Hun disagreed. “Absolutely not, I’m buying my snacks. They need to be healthy snacks.”

“Hun”, Alice said. “We’ll buy healthy snacks for you too.”

 

We went to our respective bedrooms, and just like our teacher had said the boys’ room was just across ours, which was one of the reasons we left our door open. But we weren’t the only ones. Our school had taken a whole floor so many of the students had left their door open too. I opened my suitcase and searched for clothes to change into for the night.

“Will you tell us what’s going on between you and Kai?” Lime asked after shutting our door close. “You guys seemed better than okay that day you had lunch last week. What happened since then?”

“I wish I knew”, I sat down on my bed.

“Details”, they both said. I bit my lip wondering wether or not I should tell them ( I had only been talking about Kai with Tao), but when I opened my mouth I couldn’t shut up. Every time I said something new, the girls’ eyes and mouth just grew bigger. By the time I finished talking they were giggling.

“He almost kissed you when you were alone in the house?” Alice asked with a silly smile on her face.

“He was just fooling around to mess me up”, I said.

“But then he slept on your lap”, She continued. “And he asked you to sing for him and when you fell asleep, he carried you to your room.”

“I’m not sure he did carry me there”, I said. “But I woke up there.”

“And the two of you slept on a bed twice”, Lime’s eyes were more than glimmering. “And he held you both times.”

“He was comforting me the first time”, I explained. ”And I was giving him warmth the second time because he was sick, so once again, it means nothing.”

“No”, Alice shook her head. “He likes you.”

“No he doesn’t”, I firmly said. “Do you think he would have yelled at me like he did if he liked me? Trust me, you weren’t there. He was very angry and today I made it all worse.”

“But what did you do?” Alice asked.

“No idea”, I left for the bathroom.

 

 

A few hours later, after having showered and fixed our things I had to talk to Tao.

”I’m coming right back”, I said. I left the room and was just about to knock on the boys’ door when someone touched my shoulder startling me. When I saw it was Kai, I was even more startled. “You scared me.”

“Why so jumpy?” His voice was strangely husky when he asked me that and he didn't sound angry like I thought he would. “I’m not that scary.” I carefully smiled, trying not to awake his anger. Who was he kidding? He was the scariest person I knew.

“Trust me”, I said. “You are.”

“Your friends are downstairs”, I heard a tiny bit of happiness in his voice. “Boa wants everyone in the restaurant.”

“Why are you so happy?” I skeptically asked. "You were angry at me in the airplane. ”

"The airplane", he sighed. "Right. When you asked if I had a switch button? Well I guess I have one since I'm all rainbows and butterflies at this moment." He turned around. "Oh and I was happy because I scared you."

He smirked at me before leaving me more confused than ever. I did not understand Kai. At all.

 

 

Down in the restaurant, the two teachers where giving us info’s about the dos and dont’s during the trip.

“The curfew is midnight”, Boa announced. “So you better be here one minute early or you will end up sleeping in front of the hotel until 6 am.”

“You will all receive a schedule tomorrow”, Lee Tuk continued. “I want you all to be here at 10 am tomorrow so you can have breakfast and for those of you who want dinner it’s over there.” He pointed to his left. “Rest tonight because tomorrow will be a big day.”

“One last thing", Boa said before she and Lee Tuk left. "There is a convenience store nearby if you want to buy things."

“Shall we go to the convenience store?” Alice asked. We followed her and some of the other students who were heading there. The convenience store was not that big and none of us understood Japanese but we managed to buy everything we needed.

 

Back in the hotel, we rented the rush hour trilogy. It was old but we all loved the movie.

“Who wants to call the guys?” I asked. No one answered. Lime was pretending to be busy with the snacks and Alice locked herself in the bathroom. “I will get them.”

I left our room and entered the boys’ already opened room. Their room was already messy but I knew it wouldn’t be long until the clean freak (Tao) would clean up.

“We’re waiting for you”, I said. Lu han and Se Hun got up holding drinks in their hands and it wasn’t your regular soda.

“Where in the world did you get that?” I asked. “We can get in big trouble if one of the teachers sees this you know.”

“Relax”, Lu Han winked twice and almost tripped. “It’s just for fun.”

“Lu”, I looked at him. ”Are you drunk?”

“A little”, he smiled. 

Their bathroom opened and Tao entered the room shirtless with a towel on his shoulder. When he threw the towel away, I saw the tattoo he had on his chest. It was a drawing of his little sister who had died of cancer at 5 years old,Tao was 10 then and I was nine but I remembered every detail. I remembered we would always visit her in the hospital and I also remembered the day she had died, because it had affected me the same way it had affected him. I had knew her since her birth and she was such a sweet and nice kid who didn’t deserve to die so young. 

“Are we going?” He asked while putting a shirt on.

“Yup”, I took a deep breath.

Soon our room became very noisy and messy. Yes, we had been drinking (If you are underage, don't drink even if I’m doing it right now), but we weren’t all that drunk. Lu Han, Lime and Alice were definitely the most drunk. No scratch that, they were wasted. Se Hun didn’t get drunk easily probably because of his muscles and good health, but also because of the quantity of food he had in him before drinking. Tao and I were tipsy and on the verge of becoming drunk, but only at the limit.

“Come here”, Se Hun said to Lime who ran to his side and slipped on the floor making us all laugh.

“I fell”, Lime cried. Se Hun went to her and the two fell on Alice's bed.

“This is great”, Lu Han pulled Alice towards him. “We should do this every day.”

“That wouldn’t be a bad idea”, I agreed. I looked around the room in search of Tao who was lying on the floor. “Oppa.” He looked at me with a frown.

“I don’t like that you’re living with Kai”, he said. “I hate it.”

“I know you do”, I crawled to him and lied beside him. ”But I like it.”

“He treats you bad”, Tao put his head on my chest. “I don’t like how he treats you.”

“He’s nice most of the time, I said.

“Stop making excuses for him”, Tao lift his head up and looked at me. “No man should treat a girl like that. Don’t you realise you deserve better than that ice block.”

“You mean I deserve you”, I looked at him. He nodded.

“I mean”, he said, “that I’ll be right here when you decide to get over that douche.”

“I know you’ll be right here”, I said. “I will also be right here if the same thing happens to you.” I sighed. ”I know that he is not your favorite, but I like him. I really do.”

“Why do girls always go for the jerks?” He was half asleep and half awake and soon the sleep took over. I managed to put a pillow under his head and a blanket on him. Everyone was asleep already, so I snuck out to get fresh air. Little did I know I would find Mr. Handsome sitting in the lobby reading.

“You’ve got to be kidding me”, I said. I was just about to pass him, but I changed my mind and instead I sat next to him. I think the alcohol was in charge of me at the time. “Out of all the places to read. Why are you sitting here by yourself?” He didn’t even bother looking at me. Instead he closed his eyes and scrunched up his nose.

“You stink”, he said.

“You smell good”, I whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“Why are you talking so loud?”

He closed his book and finally looked at me.

“Are you drunk?” He asked. I smiled when I heard worry in his voice.

“Maybe I am”, I pursed my lips.  “I’m not telling you.”

“I’m going to tell your father about this”, he put down his book.

“You do that”, I said. “And I will tell you that…”

“You will tell me what?” He asked.

“That-”, I wasn’t thinking clearly but what I said had been bugging me for a while and I was glad I spilled it out. “I cheated on you.” Kai laughed.

”Cheated on me?” He asked. ”Are we dating?”

“In my mind we are”, I cleared my throat. ”But I- I really cheated on you.” I bit my lip. “Don’t hate me but I kissed Tao or I mean he kissed me. But I pulled away immediately. It meant nothing, he was just joking.” I didn’t know how he would react to it but I had to tell him.  

“So?” He asked with a I don't care look on his face.

“And I liked it”, I said. He still looked like he didn’t care. “Aren’t you a little jealous that I kissed someone else though I like you?”

“You’re free to do whatever you want”, he said. “You’re not bound to be faithful to me because you have a crush me on me, right?”

“And this is why I sometimes wonder why I even like you”, I blurted out. “You don’t care about me and you know I like you yet you keep toying with me which means you don’t like me and that I should move on, but I can’t. That's the problem, that I can’t snap my finger and get you out my mind. I tried before but it didn’t work.”

“And what do you want me to do?” He faced me.

“I want you to make a move on me”, I pinched his cheeks. “So I know there’s a little chance you might like me too.” Kai smiled and when he put his hands on mine so that I’d stop pinching his cheeks I felt sparks. Beautiful, wonderful sparks between the two of us.

“Then why don't you wake up from your sleep at the right time”, he grabbed his book and walked away.

“You might regret it if you don’t make your move”, I yelled after him. “I might not be around anymore by the time you realise you like me.” When I lost sight of him, I sulked.  I was so going to regret this tomorrow morning.