Neutral Territory

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

Finally! My first day of school is here and i pray to all the gods out there to grant me a peaceful stay here at Hue City.

I face the mirror showing my reflection as i brush my hair. You see, I woke up early in contrast with the other girls. They're still sleeping as if what happened yesterday is just a dream. Well, me? I'm still a bit shaken to be honest but i willed myself to just forget about it and move on.

"Jennie-ah." I shake the younger girl. "I'm leaving."

"Mmm." Jennie moans. "Take care, unnie. Enjoy your day."

"Okay, i'll see you later."

I hurriedly leave and take the elevator. The school building itself is just a fifteen-minute walk from our dorms and i consider it a lucky break. I finally reach the main building and proceed inside the teachers' lounge.

"Are you Kim Jisoo?" The teacher asks.

"Yes ma'am." I nod while smiling.

"Here's your schedule." The teacher hands me a piece of paper. "And i already assigned someone to guide you while you're here."

"Uhm~ what?"

"Kim Doyoung-ssi!" The teacher ignores me and calls for someone instead.

What is wrong with her? Is she really that busy to the extent of ignoring a new student like me? I mentally scoff. A boy suddenly enters the room. He has vibrant, purple hair and a friendly smile. He notices me.

"This is Kim Doyoung." The teacher introduces. "He's one of the student buddy council so you can ask him anything."

"Hi." I offer my hand. "I'm Kim Jisoo. Nice to meet you, Kim Doyoung-ssi."

"Please, call me Doyoung." The boy shakes my hand. "And the pleasure is all mine."

The two of us are now on our way to my first class. The boy is so friendly that i'm actually enjoying his company. Doyoung graciously tells me the things i need to know including the locations of the washrooms. He also tells me stories about our teachers and what to do in case i piss one of them.

"Here we are." Doyoung stops in front of a door. "Room 3H."

"Thank you Doyoung." I smile.

"It's nothing." Doyoung smiles back. "I'll come again later to fetch you for your next class."

"You don't have to." I tell him. "I'm pretty sure i can already find my way to my next class."

"It's fine, noona." Doyoung smiles sheepishly. "And besides, i enjoy talking to you."

"Alright then." I laugh. "I'll see you later."

Doyoung finally leaves. I check the time using my wristwatch and thank god! I'm still ten minutes early. I take a deep breath before opening the door. I gulp and i suddenly feel my nervousness eating me up inside when i notice that there are already more than half of the students' population in there.

I start biting my bottom lip and try sneaking my way towards one of the vacant seats at the back. All of my classmates' eyes are glued on me and i can't help but wonder why. They're all looking at me like i've gone crazy. They also have these horrid looks that i can't seem to shake off. I look around and finally notice that no one's actually sitting near me. I flinch when i hear someone yawn behind me. I turn around slowly. There are actually two guys sitting behind me.

The guy with the dark hair and handsome smile stares at me. He blinks, seemingly surprised of my presence. He suddenly smiles, looking amused. The guy beside him who's clad in a hoody seems to be asleep. I immediately look away, not wanting to offend the two of them.

Finally, the teacher arrives. The History teacher introduces himself as Lee Seonwoong or Tablo for short. He starts the discussion by telling us a short story about the WHEEL. I could've listened well if not for a certain distraction behind me. I can feel someone, boring a hole on my back. I can't concentrate on the lesson at all especially that i can also hear someone snoring behind me. I groan.

At last, the lesson is finally over. I'll just have to review what i've learned. I'm about to stand from my own seat when a group consisting of three guys suddenly shows up, addressing the guys behind me. I gulp. I smell trouble. I want to get out of here as fast as i can but my way got blocked by one of the new guys so to drive the suspiscion away from me, i keep pretending to read my notes.

"If it isn't Lee Taeyong." The hoody guy is finally awake. "What does the Gray King want with us now?"

I almost choke on my own saliva. What did he just say? Gray King? I try to take a peek through my notes and notice the guy standing between the two other guys. He has pink hair and sharp jaw.

"Now now Bobby, play nice." The dark-haired guy who was staring at me earlier stiffles a laugh.

"Shut your damn mouth, Song." The guy called Bobby hisses. I flinch. "I'm still talking."

This Song guy raises his hands in the air, surrendering. "Fine."

"Watch your tone, head." This time, the guy beside Taeyong growls. He looks japanese. "You're forgetting that you're talking to a King."

"Your King, not ours." Song smirks.

"What did you just say?" The japanese guy is about to charge but Taeyong pulls him back.

"Stop it Yuta." The Gray King, Lee Taeyong sighs. "We're not here to look for a fight and besides this place is a neutral territory. We can't fight in here."

"Bull." Bobby scoffs. "We, Reds couldn't care less about that damn rule."

Reds? They're Reds? Oh my ing god! What did i get myself into? Please, let me go already! Let me pass through!

"We're just here to ask you about your King." Taeyong says and it makes the two Red clansmen perk up.

"What do you want with our King?" Bobby's shoulders tense up and it didn't escape from the two Gray clansmen.

"Relax." Taeyong rolls his eyes. "Your King seems to miss most of his classes and the teachers are already complaining about it. If he really intends to finish college, tell him to attend at least once a week."

"Is that all?" Song taps Bobby's shoulder and the latter seems to relax. "I get it. I'll send your message to our King."

"I appreciate it." Taeyong finally leaves but he pauses when he notices me. "And you are?"

I blink. I look around and all five of them are now staring at me. "No one."

Song snickers while Taeyong and his clansmen frown, looking confused. I see Bobby raising an eyebrow at me. I gulp.

"Noona!"

We turn to the source of the voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter