The Missing King

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Suho]

I look up as i try to gaze upon the King's Tower's magnificient view. Xiumen and i just got here to have an audience with the Gold King. Yesterday, after my clansmen told me about the possibility of targetting the tower, we immediately sent a message in advance to warn the Gold clansmen of our sudden visit.

"Welcome!" Jinu, the Gold clansmen's second in command greets.

The Gold clansman is smiling at us while waiting in the middle of the tower's entrance. I've already seen him once together with the rest of the Gold clansmen. It was the day when the Gold King summoned his fellow Kings to the King's Tower.

"Our King is waiting." Jinu makes way.

Upon entering the tower, the sentinels who are guarding the place bow at us in respect. We head to the elevator and ride it to head to the uppermost floor.

"By the way." Jinu turns, facing me. "I want to thank you for saving my sister the other day."

I frown. "Sister?" Jisoo's face suddenly pops up inside my head. "You're Kim Jisoo's brother?"

Jinu smiles knowingly. "Well, we didn't mean to hide the fact that we're siblings but yeah, i am her brother."

"I see."

We finally arrive at the Gold King's quarters. I can see Kang Seungyoon, the second Gold King across the room, sitting on his high chair. On either side of him are his Gold clansmen, Hoon and Mino. They are both smiling at us.

"Yo! Blue King." Hoon waves at us. "Long time no see."

Xiumen who is just standing right beside me glares. He grits his teeth and clenches his jaw. There's annoyance in the way he looks at Hoon.

"Watch it, Hoon." Xiumen hisses. "Just because you're a Gold clansman, you can just address my King so familiarly."

"Easy now, Xiumen." I raise my hand, warning him. "We didn't come here to fight."

"You too, Hoon." Yoon scolds and the latter immediately purses his lips. "Don't stir problems."

"Sorry." Hoon mumbles.

"Now then." Yoon clasps his hands together and rests them on top of his mahogany table. "The Blue King and i are going to talk. The rest of you, leave."

"But—" Xiumen is about to protest but Jinu suddenly grabs his shoulder, shaking his head.

"The Gold King has given his order." Jinu tells him. "I suggest you follow it."

Xiumen bites his lower lip, hesitating. He looks at me and i just nod to reassure him that i'll be fine on my own. I know he's just worried of leaving me alone especially with the mysterious Gold King.

"Please, have a seat." Yoon gestures to one of the sofas in the middle of the room.

The Gold King also stands from his high chair and heads to join me. He takes the sofa opposite me. He crosses his legs and smiles.

"I'm grateful to you for accepting my request to see you." I start. "You might already have an idea of our reason for coming here."

"Ah, yes." Yoon closes his eyes, nodding. "I read it from your letter and it is indeed a very troublesome conjecture."

"Then is it safe to say that you already took some precautions?"

Yoon smiles smugly. "Rest assure that my sentinels are a very capable men. They will guard this place with their lives."

"Forget the tower. What about you?" I lean forward, my eyebrows furrowing.

Yoon blinks. There's surprise and confusion in his eyes. Then, he starts laughing all of a sudden. I frown. Did i just say something wrong?

"Forgive me." Yoon took a deep breath, calming himself. "You and my second in command actually share the same concern. It amuses me."

"Jinu?"

Yoon nods. "He worry so much especially if it concerns me."

"Well, i actually understand him." I grimace. "You have a very important role to fulfill."

Yoon smiles sadly. He looks over the glass wall that's separating us from the outside and contemplates.

"The day you summoned the Kings for the first time, you told us about that role." I continue. "If something happens to you, this world will be thrown into chaos."

Yoon faces me. "That's why i want you to take charge."

"What?"

"If something will indeed happen to me, i want you to take that role." Yoon says with all his seriousness.

"Me?" I widen my own eyes, my eyebrows, mashed together.

Yoon smiles for the last time. "You are strong, Blue King. You just have to believe in it."

•••••

[RM]

"This is kind of nerve-racking." Jin whispers beside me.

We are now inside Yang Hyunsuk's mansion where the first meeting with the rest of the Heads will be held. Jin and i are the only ones who got invited from our clan to attend this meeting.

"I can't believe we're finally meeting the members of the FCA." Jin marvels. "And check out this place! It's huge!"

The maid is currently escorting us to the meeting room where the rest of the council members are waiting for us. We finally stop in front of a huge double door. The maid pushes it open then bows before taking her leave.

"Welcome!" Head Yang Hyunsuk stands from his seat, opening his arms. "It is an honor to have finally met the Colorless King."

Jin and i exchange looks.

"Please, have a seat." Hyunsuk gestures to the remaining empty seats around the long table. "I'm Hue City's Head, Yang Hyunsuk but YG is my hidden name."

"I'm Kim Namjoon a.k.a RM." i introduce. "And this is my second in command, Kim Seokjin."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Now, I'll be introducing to you my fellow Heads." YG points to the man sitting nearest to him. "This is Park Jinyoung, the Head of Dye City."

The man called Park Jinyoung smiles, tilting his head towards us. "Please, call me JYP."

"And this is Lee Sooman." YG points to the next man. "He is also known by his name, SM. He's the current Head of Shade City."

The oldest member of the council tips his hat towards us. The next one YG introduces is the youngest member.

"And this is Bang Sihyuk." YG continues. "He is the Head of Tone City."

Bang Sihyuk smirks. "I heard some of you came from my cit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter