The Green Clansmen

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo's Dream]

"Jongsuk-ah." Soohyuk smiles at the boy sitting in front of him.

The two of them are now inside the hut, a new home Soohyuk found for him and his student to live in.

"Doyeong." The twelve-year old boy insists. "You should call me by my current name, samcheon."

Soohyuk raised an eyebrow. "Samcheon? I can't believe you're calling me an uncle now."

"Well, we can't let the others know of our real relationship." The boy says. "Any information regarding the WHEEL is still a bit sensitive and not to mention valuable."

"You're right." Soohyuk nods, agreeing.

"Where is it now, anyway?" Doyeong asks. "The WHEEL, i mean. Aren't you supposed to guard it and keep it somewhere near you?"

"You don't have to worry about that." Soohyuk smiled. "Did you notice that tower earlier?"

"You mean that tall building which is still in the middle of its construction?"

Soohyuk nods. "The WHEEL is tucked inside safely. I made them build that thing specifically for that."

"Oh, that's right! You're the current Head of this city." Doyeong remembers. "That's incredible! You've achieved so much while i was gone."

"That's not true." Soohyuk frowned. "I'm just doing my duty as a King and guardian of the ancient relic. You're the one who gave me this job, remember?"

Doyeong grimaces. "I didn't give you that job because i wanted to. It was because you're the only one who can and has the power to do it."

"I know." Soohyuk says. "You don't have to remind me."

"Speaking of the WHEEL, do you still have our research papers about it?"

Soohyuk frowns. "I thought it burned down along with the research lab. Why?"

"Just making sure. No one except for us should know about this breakthrough." Doyeong said.

The two of them fall into silence until they hear a ruckus coming from outside. Soohyuk smiles affectionately.

"That boy is really something." Doyeong remarks.

"Yes." Soohyuk agrees. "I found him walking around the streets with no one to take care of him."

"And what made you decide to take him in?" Doyeong asks.

"Something is compelling me to look for a successor."

"What do you mean?"

"I hate to admit it but since that incident sixteen years ago, my health had been deteriorating really fast." Soohyuk smiles sadly. "I'm afraid i'm about to reach my limit soon."

"And you think that boy is qualified to take your place?"

"He's a good kid." Soohyuk answers. "I've already taught him the basics. He's quite versatile for his age. He's the best candidate to take over my job."

•••••

[Jisoo]

"Jisoo."

I can feel someone shaking me and when i open my eyes, i see Jennie's concerned face.

"We're here." Jennie says.

I blink before looking around. She's right. We're already at our dorm. Lisa and Rosé already got out from the car, leaving only me and Jennie inside the taxi.

I was late earlier in our girls' dayout since i got sidetracked by following that blue-haired guy. But all in all, it was a fruitful date although Rosé was in a kind of bad mood earlier for some unknown reason.

I also told them of what really happened that day when the Gold King came for me. I told them that my brother is actually one of the Gold clansmen. I also made the girls to keep it a secret from the others. Of course i skipped the part when i discovered i was bestowed with someone else's memories. In order to keep me safe from the men who wanted this knowledge for evil, the Gold King made me promise not to tell anyone about it.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asks.

"Hmm?" I get out from the car and stretch. "What do you mean?"

"You were sleeptalking just now." Jennie whispers behind me.

I turn around. "What?"

Jennie frowns. She really looks worried. I frown. I bite my bottom lip to keep myself from grimacing. It's that dream again. These memories which belonged to someone from the past are still messing with my head.

"It's just fatigue." I reason. "I was tired that's why i was sleeptalking."

Jennie looks like she didn't buy my answer. She just narrows her eyes, studying me. I try to smile but it comes out forced.

"Let's go." I say. "The girls are waiting."

I hurriedly leave and i can feel Jennie's peircing gaze behind me, boring a hole at my back. I swallow. As soon as we arrive at our loft, the two younger girls run to meet us.

"Unnie!" Lisa shouts. She's holding something in his hand, waving it in front of us. "You have a letter!"

I frown. "For me?"

I take the letter from the maknae and open it. The girls surround me as i read the contents of my letter. A green card greets us. The words were written in gold ink with a penmanship as delicate as that of a woman's.

"Oh may god!" Rosé exclaims, covering . "Is that what i think it is?"

"First the Reds, then there's the Gold King and now the Green King wants to meet you in one of his parties?" Jennie crosses her arms, facing me. "Okay, Jisoo. Fess up. What did you do this time?"

I open my mouth but there are no words coming out. "I—"

"This is bad." Lisa furrows her eyebrows together. "It's the Greens we're talking about here."

"You're overreacting, Lisa-ah." Rosé rolls her eyes at her. "They're not that bad compare to the Reds. You just don't like the idea of meeting Bambam."

"Yah!" Lisa glared.

"Who's Bambam?" I ask.

"Lisa's ex." Jennie answers. "What are you going to do now, Jisoo?"

"I don't know."

"You should go." Rosé says.

"What? No way." Lisa turns towards me. "Don't go, unnie. They may be harmless but they're still clansmen. You don't trust a clansman."

I close my eyes, feeling conflicted. I turn to Jennie for help but she just shrugs at me. I bite my bottom lip, pleading.

Jennie sighs. "Well, we still don't know why they invited you to their party. Maybe, asking them yourself will help you answer that question."

"Yes!" Rosé cheers. "That means we're going then."

I gaped towards Rosé. "And since when did you become so interested in parties? Not mention, it's one of the Greens'."

"I don't care about the Green clansmen." Rosé says. "All i care about is the food."

Lisa groans. "I'm not going."

"You're coming." Jennie deadpans. "You know the Greens better than we do and we're gonna need you if we want to survive that party."

Lisa huffs in annoyance. "This is a bad idea."

•••••

[JB]

The dance floor are full of people who are either dancing or talking to one another. I can clearly see them from the second floor of our huge mansion. My eyes catch a glimpse of Lay and Chen from the Blue clansmen. I also invited their King but he'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter