Complete Jealousy

Second Chances

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

Sunyoung and Jonghyun walked down an empty street with snow all around them. The rest of 'shiny effects' were walking before them.

"Why so glum?" Sunyoung questioned Jonghyun.

"Molla.. maybe it's because there's nothing to do, kinda boring" Jonghyun replied.

"Want to make the day interesting?" Sunyoung thought of something up. She reched down and grabbed a handful of snow, then she made it into a ball.

"What are you going to do with that?" Jonghyun pointed at the snowball.

"You're so clueless" Sunyoung giggled and threw the snowball, hitting Onew's head.

 

Onew looked at Sunyoung and Jonghyun with stern eyes. Sunyoung pointed at Jonghyun, trying to hold in her laugh.

"What?" Jonghyun looked at Sunyoung. Onew started running towards Jonghyun, ready to attack. As soon as Jonghyun realized what was happening, he ran, but Onew followed him around.

 

While the others were laughing at the scene, Sunyoung grabbed another snowball and threw it at Amber.

"What the heck? Luna! I'm so going o get you" Amber yelled, irritated.. but she was enjoying herself. The rest of 'shiny effects' blocked Sunyoung's path.

"End of the line" Amber laughed evilly. Amber threw the snowball at Sunyoung, but she ducked so the snowball hit Key instead.

"Amber!" Key yelled ready to throw snowballs at her.

"Oops!" Amber ran while Key chased after her.

 

Sunyoung's next victim was Victoria.

"Hey!" Victoria brushed off the snow on her shoulder.

"You're gonna pay for that, Lee Sunyoung!" Victoria chased her.

 

Onew finally caught up with jonghyun and pinned him to the ground. 

"Man, I didn't do it!" Jonghyun shouted but it was obvious he was having fun.

"Too late now!" Onew threw a snowball hard across Jonghyun's face.

"Ow!" Jonghyun rubbed his cheek.

"Victory!" Onew laughed and fist pumped.

 

Victoria chased Sunyoung around. Finally, she hit her!

"Okay, okay! You got me" Sunyoung laughed.

Victoria noticed Onew who was still pinning Jonghyun. She threw a snowball at him, which got Onew's attention so he's the one to chase Victoria around.

Now it was time for Jonghyun to chase Sunyoung when she threw a snowball at him.

 

Everyone was having fun! Sulli and Krystal, however, weren't.

"I wish Taemin oppa would play with me" Sulli thought.

"I wish Minho oppa would play with me" Krystal thought.. both were thinking the same things.

"But he's just being dull instead" they both though about their partners.

"Hey unni!" Krystal called out to Sulli.

"Huh?" Sulli turned to Krystal, but then a snowball came flying to her.

"Krystal!" Sulli yelled, at least she will be able to have fun with the girls. She had a snowball fight with Krystal.

Both girls are hit with snowballs by unknown sources. When they looked, it was Taemin and Minho oppa having those playful smiles. At last! The moment that they were waiting for. The maknaes teamed up and attacked Taemin and Minho.

 

Jonghyun was about to catch up with Sunyoung, that was when until Amber threw a snowball at him. While Amber was laughing, Key hit her with a snowball. Key shared a laugh and a high five with Jonghyun. Sunyoung and Amber teamed up and threw multiple snowballs at Key and Jonghyun, and so the chase continued.

 

When everybody was hitting each other with snowballs, Sunyoung distanced herself a bit. She was just watching everyone have fun, she was laughing herself. Suddenly, someone tackled her and was now on top of her. She didn't have to see to know who it was, his laugh was too familiar. He was putting snow into her shirt. This is what he calls revenge? The snow melted but her shirt still kept her warm. They were both laughing so hard. Then their eyes met, Jonghyun's face got close, and so did Sunyoung's... They were closing in for a kiss.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

We were already closing in for a kiss.. but I came to my senses and got off of him before anything else could happen.

"Umm, you should make yourself comfortable while I go change" I retreated to my bedroom.

I put on a jewel waist chiffon dress which matched my brown eyes, and a simple headband which came with the dress. I wore my white flats, I think it went well with the outfit. I Hope this isn't too much.. And lastly, I wore my mother's diamond necklace, she always wore it on special occasions. It was passed down by our ancestors. I felt more secure wearing it.

Okay, I'm ready. I opened my bedroom door and looked around. Where's Jonghyun?

 

"You look beautiful, Luna" Jonghyun gently said.

"Aigoo! You gave me a heart attack! Don't sneak up on me like that" I told him

"Let's go! I don't want to keep them waiting" he guided me through the door and into the elevator.

 

I guess Jonghyun isn't that bad of a guy after all. I thought the travel from my apartment to theirs would be short, but with him.. It seemed to take a century. I actually felt happy that he's here with me. He's not a whack job after all, hope he won't disappoint me by doing something stupid to push me farther away. We chatted happily together, I wished the moment would last but we're here outside their apartment. Before we went in, we became silent.

 

"So.. Umm. I want to ask you something" Jonghyun started.

"What? My birth certificate?" I joked.. He didn't laugh. So much for that.

"Is there something going on between you and Kyuhyun?" he asked.

"Me and Kyuhyun? Nah.. We just met! I told you, love doesn't work that way" I assured him.

"If you say so.. Let's go?" he opened the apartment door but when I looked around.. No one was there! Okay, I suddenly felt discomfort.

"I thought the others would be joining us?" I questioned him.

"They SHOULD be here.." Jonghyun was also confused. I guess he dent have any bad intentions after all.

 

I sat on the couch and waited for any signs when they'll arrive. Jonghyun, leaned on the wall across me. Then suddenly..

"BOO!" Victoria and Sulli jumped out from behind the couch.. I shrieked.

"What the heck guys?!" I yelled at the two who kept on laughing.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

Sunyoung, Sulli, and Krystal were sitting on Sulli's bed.

"I know, let's play a prank on Vic-omma!" Sunyoung told the others.

"But only you can pull this off" Sunyoung turned to Sulli.

"Let's do it!" Krystal said excited.

They practiced what they were gonna do.

 

"Who is it?" Sunyoung asked, still laughing when someone knocked on their bedroom door.

"Unni!" Sunyoung said as she opened the door and saw Victoria she couldn't contain her laughter, after a while she got a little serious.

"Unni, why are you so late?" Sunyoung asked Victoria as she entered the room.

"I had so much stuff to do" Victoria was obviously tired.

"You came here just in time!" Sunyoung pulled victoria towards the bed. Krystal was trying so hard to contain her laughter, it was becoming too obvious.

 

"What were you doing?" Victoria asked while they all welcomed her with a warm hug and finally settled down.

"Sulli! You said your insides hurt?" Sunyoung said.

"Yeah, I'm not comfy" Sulli frowned, ready for action.

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked.

"Pat her back" Sunyoung instructed. Krystal and Sunyoung started patting Sulli's back. Victoria started to worry because of Sulli's sick expression.

 

"Is it okay?" Sunyoung kept on patting Sulli's back.

"A little bit harder" Sulli directed.

"How 'bout now?" Sunyoung patted harder as Sulli instructed. Sunyoung and Sulli gave each other a suspicious look signaling that it's time.

"Right there" Sulli said.

"Hana.. Tul.. SET!" Sunyoung patted harder on each count. Sulli went face first on the bed. 

When she sitted straight again, she was holding an eyeball and showed it to Victoria.

"AHHH!!" Victoria kept on shrieking while the others just laughed. Sunyoung grabbed the fake eyeball from Sulli and kept teasing Victoria about it.

"In . In her ear" Sulli instructed Sunyoung on where to put it. Victoria was almost to the point of crying. She was fighting Sunyoung to keep the eyeball away from her.

"Stop it" Sulli placed her hand on Luna's shoulder to cut it. In the end... Victoria got her revenge.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Guys, cut it out!" Jonghyun scolded the two. The girls just smirked and rolled their eyes.

"We're back!" Taemin entered the apartment with Onew.

"Great! What's for dinner?" Sulli asked.

"TONGDAK!" Onew smiled from ear-to-ear. Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Nerd" I laughed at Onew. Victoria looked at me with her poker face, so I stopped.

"High five!" Victoria unni laughed. She has an effective poker face.

"Anything else?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yup! Just like what you asked us to buy" Taemin explained.

"I hope you like steak, chicken, mash potatoes, and pasta.. Oh! And we also have pizza, if you want some" Onew smiled.

"Ooh! I love pizza" I exclaimed

"Go ahead! Dig in.. Dessert will be a surprise" Victoria smiled at me.

We chatted happily while we ate. It felt like we knew each other for a long time. Right then, an image flashed into my mind.. Me, and the others were having together, laughing. I got back to reality. I liked Jonghyun even more. He's not a bad guy. I think I can trust him. Tonight, he didn't treat me or aknowledged me as his dead girlfriend, but rather a close friend. He really did make up for yesterday. Usually, I'd hate him.. but a big part of me was screaming that I love him. I didn't want to believe that part. I'm not entirely sure if all of this could be true. I keep getting the feeling that I'm slowly accepting.. but accepting what?

 

"Man, I'm full! If I eat anything more, I'm gonna explode" Sulli exclaimed.

"Then I guess we're done eating. Thanks for the dinner, guys. It was delicious!" I sighed happily.

"Thanks for joining us, Luna" Victoria smiled.

"Okay, we'll clean up. Jonghyun, take Luna and show her around, will you?" Onew told Jonghyun.

"Wait! You invited me, so shouldn't I be the one cleaning? Are you okay with this?" I questioned them, Suddenly, I didn't trust Jonghyun again.

"Oh sure, babe.. We can handle it. Go with him.. he's not the type of person who would do anything wrong" Victoria said.

"Riiight" Taemin and Sulli laughed hard.. What was that laugh for? I felt discomfort.

"Sorry" Both maknaes said when Onew looked at them with stern eyes..

"Go on, then" Victoria was already cleaning.

"Are you positively sure?" I hope they would get the meaning.

"Yeah" Onew plainly said helping Victoria.

 

I followed Jonghyun to a room, which I think is the SHINee's bedroom.. maybe following him isn't such a good idea. He closed the door behind us and I could've sworn I heard him lock the door. He cornered me. Okay, I'm getting scared here..

"Jonghyun?" I said trembling.

"Happy Birthday, Luna" he smiled. Well, this went better than I expected.

"Wait, how do you know it's my birthday?" That's just weird since I haven't told anyone here.

"Because.. Luna's birthday was today, August 12.. So, now there's no doubt you really are Luna!" Jonghyun said.

"Dude, you must be a moron, because no matter how many times I tell you that I'm not Luna, you're still gonna think I'm her" I put my hands on my hips.

"Luna, I love you" Jonghyun came a little closer.

"Do you really love me? or do you love Luna?" I pulled away from him.

"Just what I thought" I said when he didn't answer.

 

"Jonghyun! Someone's here to see you" Onew called out.

"Coming!" Jonghyun yelled.

"Let me out" I demanded.

"Wait" Jonghyun went to a drawer to get something.

"What?" I said annoyed. Jonghyun ran towards me and placed something in my hand.

"Happy birthday, Luna" He whispered to my ear and kissed my cheek. He ran out of the door. I couldn't help but touch my cheek. I smiled a little. That was unexpected. When I looked at what he gave me, it was a personalized compact mirror. The design was beautiful. Funny.. my friends call me "Mirror Princess" back home. I wonder if the old Luna also was named that..

 

When I walked back into the living room, 'shiny effects' was there. With a chocolate cake that says 'Happy Birthday, Luna'. Thses people really do know what I like. Sekyung was even there, but when she saw me... she kissed Jonghyun on the lips. Jonghyun was surprised and looked kinda irritated with Sekyung. Way to ruin my birthday, you tramp.

"Okay! Time to light the candles, so that the birthday girl can make a wish" Victoria exclaimed. I smiled, next time I should call her Vic-omma.. She's so motherly..

"Happy Birthday, unni!" Krystal walked up to me and hugged.. Sulli followed. As usual, all I could do was laugh.

 

Everybody sang~

"Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Luna! Happy Birthday to you!"

"Make a wish and blow out you candle!" Someone yelled.

 

I blew out the candles and everyone cheered.. Although, the whole time this celebration was happening.. Sekyung was holding on to Jonghyun like there was no tomorrow. Wait.. I hate Jonghyun, but she just makes me want to.... I sighed.. am I jealous?

 

After the party, Jonghyun offered to take me back to my apartment. Before I could even refuse, he already dragged me out. I wasn't really against it since Sekyung will be with us, even if I hated her guts.. and to tell you the truth, I actually wanted to be with Jonghyun. Of course, Sekyung wanted to come with us, I'm not surprised at all.. It's the reason I wanted to say no.

Okay, I admit that I'm jealous, but am I to blame? These two are a couple... maybe.. but to me it's just an eyesore to be looking at the two together. I was hopeful that Jonghyun really liked me.. but here I am! A third wheel to their party.

 

"Luna?" Sekyung eyed me.

"Yes?" I looked at her.

"Nothing, it's just that.. people have been telling me that you look exactly like the Luna that died two years ago" Sekyung smirked.

"So I've heard" I said in a flat tone. She just wanted to tell me that I looked like a dead girl? Either she was being rude and is declaring World War III or she is just plain evil.. maybe both.

 

Finally, I made it back. If I spent another moment with these two, my head will explode..

"So, I'll see you tomorrow, Luna.. and Happy Birthday" Jonghyun smiled at me.

"Yes, happy birthday... Luna" she still has that evil smirk.

"Sekyung, why don't you wait down the lobby.." Jonghyun turned to her.

"Why should I?" Sekyung crossed her arms.

" I just forgot something inside Luna's apartment" Jonghyun scratched his head.

"Fine... Go ahead then.." She rolled her eyes and walked away. Like I said.. A tramp.

 

Jonghyun pulled me into my own apartment.

"What now? You DIDN'T forget something!" I said irritated.

"You're jealous" Jonghyun smirked.

"Jealous?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Admit it.. You're jealous of Sekyung" he continued.

"Why would I be jealous? I'm not jealous that you are in a relationship with someone else! And a bad relationship at that" I laughed.

"Stop lying.. Luna always gets jealous when she sees me with other girls" he grinned.

'How many timed do I have to tell you that I'm not Luna! Why do you keep on comparing me with her?" I yelled.

"Because you are Luna" Jonghyun tried to reach out to me.

"Stop it.. Just get out" I backed away from him and I pointed to the door.

"GET OUT!" I screamed when he didn't respond. I turned my back away from him. This scene seems awfully familiar.. except I remember that I was lying down.. How do I know these stuff? It hurts me to yell at him, but he left me with no choice.

 

I heard the door close behind me. Why is it that it hurts so much? Everytime that I see Jonghyun and Sekyung together, I just feel jealousy towards the girl.. and I don't know why. I hate Jonghyun. Could it be that I'm falling for him? The thought sickens me after all that I've been through. I tried to cry myself to sleep, but I couldn't sleep. All there was were tears and sadness. Why did this have to happen?

I felt my phone vibrate, I was hoping that it was my mom, or my dad, or maybe my friends... but it's an unknown number, unless they changed their numbers.

"Hello?" I anwered the phone with an obvious sad tone.

"Luna?" the mystery caller said.

"Speaking.. Who is this?" My tone was monotonous.

"It's Kyuhyun. Have I mentioned that Amber gave me your phone number?" Aigoo, Amber!

"I believe you haven't" I was actually able to smile a bit.

"Hey, what's wrong? You sound so down..." Kyuhyun had a worried tone in his voice.

"Ugh. Well, it's my birthday... and things just didn't go the way I expected them to be" I told him.

 

No answer.. maybe he didn't want to have this conversation with me.. I was gonna end the call, when suddenly..

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Luna.. Happy birthday to you!" he sang out loud. I laughed so hard.

"I can tell that cheered you up" There was a tone of satisfaction in his voice.

"Yeah, that did.. very much. Thank you. You know, you might sound good in Suju, but you fail in singing the 'happy birthday' song in English.

"Well.. anything to make you happy, Luna" I was touched by his words. Whenever I'm with Kyuhyun, I just felt happiness and nothing else. He really knows how to make a girl feel special and loved. 

We talked like that, just sharing each other's stories for many hours.

"Hey, it's 12 am... We better get some sleep, big day tomorrow.. Good night, Kyuhyun" I hang up before he could even react.

I slept like a total baby.

The Next Morning

 

I Woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Another day just like any other. That reminds me, I have to pack my bags so that I can move out. I'll just do it later..

I got dressed and went out. I was all alone 'till I bumped into someone I didn't really want to see..

"Oh! I'm sorry.. I wasn't looking as to where I was going" she said, still with that evil smirk plastered on her face.

"Okay, make sure you don't cause any accidents" I was about to continue walking.

'Luna, wait! I actually wanted to talk to you" Sekyung stopped me in my tracks.

"About what exactly?" I faced her.

"You know.. stuff" she smiled.

"Fine. Let's go to a cafe'." I pulled her to the nearest cafe'.

 

We sat down and finished ordering our drinks and sandwiches.

"Luna, what do you think of Jonghyun? Be honest" she eyed me.

"Well, I think he's a good person. He can be sweet at times, but overall.. I think he's a good for nothing jerk who makes other people upset" I replied.

"Did you just say sweet?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Nevermind.. I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't try to steal him away from me" she took a sip of her tea, when it arrived, while still looking at me.

"Me? Steal Jonghyun.. from you? Aish! Jonghyun is on the bottom of my priority list.. so don't worry about it" I smirked.

 

We didn't say a word after we had our conversation. We just ate.

Just then, Jonghyun walked through the door looking a bit worried. It's funny, he doesn't seem to be the worried type.. and he's not the type to enter cafe' shops.

"Jonghyun!" Sekyung exclaimed.

"Sekyung" he said surprised. He got closer to her and kissed her on the lips. I don't know if this is what you call acting.. or what?

"Wow.. you sure know how to make an entrance, lover boy" I eyed him evily.

"I'm sorry, I hope that didn't offend you or something" Jonghyun said plainly.

"No, not at all! The worse that you did was ruin my appetite. I was really looking forward to eating the rest of my sandwhich, shame" I frowned.

"Ooh, I'm sorry" Sekyung said sarcastically. I don't know how Jonghyun manages to handle her.

"Well, I don't want to be a third whell in this party so I'm just gonna leave you you to it. Do whatever the lovey-dovey things that weirdos do." I said as I headed for the door.

"Luna, wait.." Jonghyun called out.

"What?" I didn't turn to face them.

"Nothing" Jonghyun gave up.

"Just what I thought.. nothing" I continued walking.