A Journey's Start

Second Chances

"So this is all how it ends, huh?" Sunyoung watched her unmoving body lying on the hospital bed.

"But why does it feel so wrong? It was already expected. I thought i was ready, but..." she turned to her boyfriend who sat, lifeless, beside her cold body.

"...Watching him like this just makes the situation worse. What if... I shouldn't have given up?" she bowed her head and just stood there, thinking.. what if?

 


 

"Leave me alone, Jonghyun!" Sunyoung said while rolling to her side so that her back will face him.

"Ani! Why should I? Just... Luna, come on. Take the treatment." Jonghyun replied a bit furious but with a touch of gentleness and care.

"I don't wanna. What's the point? Nothing is gonna cure me. I'm just gonna die one way or another. Just leave me to die." Sunyoung pessimistically said.

 "How can you just give up like that? I am trying my best here, to cope with your condition. I'm keeping my hopes that you'll get better so that we an spend more time together. The people that surround you loves you, especially me. And you're just going to give up on everything?" Jonghyun countered.

 

That actually hit Sunyoung. For her, it hurt! Hearing just that from her beloved. She knew Jonghyun was right somehow, but she can't get over the fact that, she has this deadly sickness! That it was killing her and hurting everyone she loves. The thought of that made her as sick as ever not just because its the disease acting up.. But she was actually mad at herself. Knowing that she was causing all of this pain.

 

"Love me? Hmph.. Don't make me laugh." Sunyoung let out a sarcastic laugh and finally, she faced Jonghyun.

"Who can love someone like me? Sick, close to death, a pain in everyone's neck, practically useless! Who can bear with that? No one can love me."

Sunyoung was so close to crying, but she kept it all in to seem strong.

"Did you really expect that I'll always be by your side? I know what's waiting for me, Jonghyun, and you do too! Why can't you just accept that?"

"Because, Luna.. I-" but Jonghyun was cut off by Sunyoung.

"Because you love me? and you'd do anything you an just to save me? That's why you want me to take the treatment, right? Tell me the answer to this then"

She paused for a moment before she continued.

"What if.. what if the treatment doesn't work? What then? Same results! Ends up with me dying and iI just got people's hopes up for nothing."

She turned her back again to Jonghyun.

"You're just wasting your time with me. I'm not worth it, Jonghyun. I think its best that you leave."

 

Jonghyun couldn't believe what she just heard fron Sunyoung. She was never like this. Never this sad, and never this hurt. Never the pessimistic one. He got up from his seat, walked towards the door and opened it. Halfway out, he paused.

"You know that I'll never stop, right? I'll never give up on you no matter how much you want me to. How can you not see what I'm trying to do? Luna, I'll always love, and I'll always be by your side no matter what." Jonghyun the closes the door behind him, leaving Sunyoung speechless.

 

Sunyoung finnaly let her tears roll down.

"You know i love you Jonghyun.. so much and i never wanted it to be this way, but.."

 "I just want everyone to stop hurting for me" She whispered to thin air. 

 


End of Chapter

 

DAE! it was that short 'cause that is just a teaser.. A JOURNEY'S START! ^_^

ish, i know.. maybe it'll get better?

 

i have a tendency to write short things XD

AND... i'm sorry that i gave Luna that pessimistic attitude :/ SHE"S SICK SO.. COME ON!!

ONEW (onto XD) the next chapter :))