Surprise Surprise!

Second Chances

xxOxx

SUNYOUNG'S POV

 

"Day two in Korea" I just woke up to the rising sun, and into my new apartment which I'm still not used too.

Kinda sad eating breakfast alone that day... I need friends. AGH! The silence is ear deafening, if you know what I mean.. it's too much.

Waiiit... can i even afford this apartment? This silence makes me think a lot. I probably should get a job.

 

After I ate, I took a shower, dressed up, and went out.

About thirty minutes has passed and still nothing! Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of shops out there looking for someone to employ, but.. it was just not for me! From pastry shops, to coffee shops, to bookstores, and clothes stores.. all had the "WANTED" sign. Shop after shop. I took them all into consideration for a while, but I have no talent in those! nor passion. I'll just mess up! Those aren't the jobs that fits me.. Not the jobs I desire.

 

I walked some more.. Later on, I ended up in a recording company called "SM Entertainment". Hmm... Maybe this is THE exact thing I was looking for. I tried to see if they were holding any auditions for girl groups. I'd prefer it like that, just so I can always be with someone else and have friends and such.

There! This is my salvation. A girl group called f(x)? In need for one more member, huh? This is my chance. I think this is what I'm meant to do. Singing and dancing.. I'm not at all bad! This is gonna be a snap! At least eighteen years old, can sing and dance.. well I'm nineteen so.. Piece of cake! If this all its gonna take.. I'm going to do it! Imma make it into this business. Time to sign up.

 

I felt someone behind me when I got all the details of my audition.

"You're applying for f(x)? Me too!" the girl's voice was already so familiar to me, it brings back memories from yesterday.. Sekyung.

 

Wen I looked at her, she had that smile.. but her eyes reeked of hatred. I guess she remembers me also. Still sees me as a threat eh? She's always going to make me laugh. Boy, this is gonna get interesting.

"Hey! You're that girl from the elevator yesterday. I'm Shin Sekyung what's your name?" She extended her hand towards me and I shook it.

"Yeah, I was that girl." I let out a small laugh.

"The name's Park Sunyoung, but you can call me Luna." 

"Nice to meet you!" Sekyung said a bit sarcastically.

"So when's your audition?" Sekyung asked.

"Tomorrow, actually." I replied.

"Oh.. Mine too" the smile she was trying to keep disappeared.

"Okay, kabwaya dwoeyo" I bowed to her ninety degrees before leaving without another word.

 

I went straight to the grocery store to buy more food and other needs. I'm running out anyway. I can't believe stuff would just easily run out. What I really can't believe is that I'm going against Sekyung...

 

Eventually, I got back from grocery shopping, carrying two brown bags with me.

"Luna!" Yongun called out to me as I passed his place.

"Hmm?" I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

"there's gonna be a renovation on your floor and they'll also remove pests there.. So I just want to tell you that you have two days to pack and move" he got right to the point.

"But.. I just got here! Where will I move? I don't have anywhere else" I asked disappointed at what I've just heard. He suddenly laughed. What??

"Koktchong maseyo! You'll still stay in the building.. just in a different apartment" Yongun said. AGH! where's my common sense?? Of course I could just move apartments! STUPID!

"I've found you a better apartment in the upper levels. Of course, the owner just rented it.. you wouldn't have to pay much, the owner agreed. You just have to pay him and he'll do the rest. Is this... good news?" Yongun continued.

"Of course it's good news! I was a bit worried there. Kamsahamnida!" I bowed ninety degrees to Yongun. WOW! that's the second time today..

"See you soon!" I smiled to Yongun.

 

I went straight to the elevator.. guess who's there. MYSTERY GUY! Great! I REALLY hoped I wouldn't be able to see those two, but here they are! I covered half of my face with the two brown bags I was carrying with both hands. Hopefully, he won't recognize me.. Aww crud! I'm the only girl here who has medium blonde hair! That was a total fail.. so much for being unnoticed.

 

I looked at him once more.. Now, who the heck wears shades indoors?? Until now, I am not able to see his whole face. Okay, he's totally focused on texting.. I still hope he's just gonna stand there and ignore me.. but another part of me wanted him to. I sighed, there are just some things in this world I can't understand. I turned away and pushed the number 4.

 

"Hey!" My eyes widened. Here it comes... awkwardness..

"Yes?" I said plainly.

"You're the girl from yesterday, right?" The guy said. Wow! someone has been paying close attention.

"Look.. I'm sorry about that. She gets... really possessive when it comes to me" he continued

"You mean your girlfriend? Yeah, I kinda got that. No worries!" I said with my face still covered.. I can't believe he still has that shades on!

"So... what's your name?" He asked, but at that moment, the elevator door opened.. Finally!

 

I stepped out of the elevator.

"Apparantly, it's none of your beeswax" I was trying to shake him off so he'd get the point... but he can't seem to get it. And I thought he was a bright one..

I can't be around this guy anymore. I hurried towards my apartment door, and I fiddled with the locks.. AGAIN! Darn it! Why is it so hard to unlock EVERY single time?

"If you wanna know..." he started again. No.. no I don't want to know.

"My name is-" and just before he was able to say his name, the elevator door closed. Thank God! I can's stand to be around that guy.

I got in the apartment and just hung out.. And I waited  for tomorrow to come.

 

xxOxx

THE NEXT DAY

 

I woke up and ate breakfast alone again that day. I really needed some friends. It was way to lonely. I freshened up and got ready for my audition later on..

I went headed out and waited for the elevator to come. When it did, there were four guys there. They were cute.. I have to admit.. but none of them interest me. When they saw me they all looked shocked, I just ignored them. Although, it was kinda weird...

 

"Is that really her?" one guy said.

"No, that can't be her.." another said.

"Yeah, Key, Luna's dead!" another joined in the argument.

"Guys! Keep your voices down.. we might freak her out. Maybe it's not her" the other said.. Too late to say that! You already did.

"Yes, Onew.." the other three said in unison.

"Make sure Jonghyun doesn't find out about this" Onew continued. As he said Jonghyun, my heart sank.. and I don't know why.

"He's gonna freak!" the person who I think is Key said..

"Shhhh! He's not going to freak 'cause he's not gonna find out!" Onew made himself clear.

 

Okay, that's just so weird! I'm not dead... I have to get away from them. The elevator door opened and i walked out of there quickly..

I called for a cab to take me to the "SM Entertainment" building. Hmm, I wonder what song I'll use for my audition. Darn! Why didn't I think this through while at home? I scanned through my iPod to see what I could use.. SNSD? Nah, it'll be difficult since they're a nine-member girl group while I'm only one.. how can I dance like that? What else is here.. Super Junior, U-KISS... 2NE1!! Ahhh, wait... I don't know much of their dances. I scanned through my iPod more...

Miss A! Perfect, I've been practicing "Bad Girl Good Girl" for quite some time. I'm pretty good now. This could work!

 

I arrived in front of the company. I payed the fare and entered the building. Sekyung was already there.

"Well, hello hello, Luna. Welcome back" she's got that evil smile on.

"Hello to you too, Sekyung" I said casually.

"We didn't really had the chance to talk yesterday.. Why'd you run off? No need to be scared. I don't bite" she grinned. Girl, please! You don't scare me, I just didn't want to get involved in your mess or get into a fight 'cause, let's face it... you're super annoying.

"Scared?" I laughed.

"Who said I was scared? I had to leave so that I can go grocery shopping. I needed more supplies" I claimed

"Uhuh. Sure" Sekyung said. Oh God, she's such a feeler.. I wish I could roll my eyes right now, but I don't want her to see it.

 

Someone appeared out of nowhere. Probably an attendant here.

"Park Sunyoung. Shin Sekyung?" The girl called out.

"We're here" Sekyung replied.

"Great! Ttara oseyo!" the girl said. 

Sekyung and I followed her down a hall and into a dance studio. The "judges" were already there.

 

"Okay, girls" one of the judges said.

"This is the last day of audition. Make it count." She continued.

"The other one could sit there by the sides" the attendant addressed us.

"I'll go after you" I said to Sekyung as I seated there by the sides.

"Suit yourself" she said. The audition started.

 

"Hello, I'm Shin Sekyung and for my audition, I'm going to sing and dance "The Boys" by SNSD" Sekyung said to the judges.

Nice choice.. for someone like her. Even though a big part of me hated her, I still wished her luck. Hopefully she can do Taeyon's, Seohyun's and Jessica's high parts.. The music started and she started singing and dancing.

It was.. terrible! You can tell by the faces of the judges. And I though she was as talented as her ego was big. Her voice cracked during the high parts, but she didn't seemed to notice.. Plus, she gets lost in the dance moves. Poor girl.

"Okay, I think we've seen enough" one judge stopped the music at the last chorus.

"But.. I'm not yet finished.." Sekyung complained. The judges ignored her.

"Next!" This is it!! My heart was beating fast, but I have full confidence that I can do this even better than what Sekyung did.

 

"Anyonghaseyo, chonun Park Sunyoung imnida. For my audition, I'll be singing and dancing "Bad Girl Good Girl" by Miss A." I said to the judges.

I started playing the music and got in position.

It's turning out pretty well! The judges faces were pretty amazed and when I glanced at Sekyung... well, she had that face where I know she hated everything about me. She really does see me as a threat.

The judges didn't cut the music like they did  in Sekyung's audition. I guess that's another positive reaction. I really hope you can get in. The song then ended.

"Okay, thank you ladies for auditioning. You may now go" the attendant said to us.

"Except for you, Miss Park" one of the judges said as Sekyung left. Okay, what's going on.

"Yes?" I asked a bit shaky.

"You did a wonderful job today.. How'd you like to be the newest member of f(x)?" the judge smiled. My brain took a while to process what she just said.

"Chongmallyo?" I asked so surprised. She nodded.

"You may meet the girls down the hall" she said.

"Okay, kamsahamnida!" I said. As I went out the door I bumped into someone.. A guy? No, wait.. A girl! I can tell on how gentle her face is.. must've been her get-up.

 

"Woah. Careful now, you wouldn't want to cause any accidents" she smiled.

"Mianhamnida!" I said as I looked up to her.

"Luna? OH MY GOSH!! Your alive? After two freaking years.. How are you alive?" She asked me. She seems so schocked...

"Victoria, come here!" She called out.

"Amber, is everything oka-- Luna? OMG! YOU'RE ALIVE!! I have to tell Jonghyun!" Victoria screamed with joy. There it was! That name again.

"Listen, I don't know who the two of you are and I'm definitely not the Luna you're talking about" I told them. 

I suddenly experienced another headache.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

"Amber! Victoria!" Sunyoung called out as she entered their apartment.

"What?" Both girls said in unison.

"Guess what? Jonghyun finally asked me to be his girlfriend!" Sunyoung exclaimed.

"OMG! No way" Victoria said.

"Did you say yes?" Amber asked.

"Of course! I'm not stupid" Sunyoung said.

 

"I can't believe Jonghyun asked you to be his girlfriend" Victoria continued.

"What's not to believe?" Sunyoung asked her.

"Well he's kinda cocky and a little of a playboy, and you're so umm... well.." Amber said.

"Well, what about you and Key?" Sunyoung taunted Amber.

"Yeah! You're so boyish, hardcore, and sometimes tough.. and he's like a total diva" Victoria and Sunyoung laughed.

"What about you and Onew, hmm? The nerd and the princess" Amber said to Victoria.

"He's not that big of a nerd! He just likes chicken and tells lots of bad jokes that none of us get.." Victoria said, her cheeks as red as an apple.

"Okay! We have different types of guys, let's move on" Amber said a little annoyed.

"Sure! Whatever you say.. Now, I need to get ready. I have to meet Jonghyn later" Sunyoung said as she entered her room.

 

"He's not that big of a nerd.. is he?" Victoria asked Amber.

"Oh, unni, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm dating a diva" Amber said.

 

End Of Flashback

 

I know these people..

"Umm.. You two look very familiar, have we met?" I asked.

"You don't think she IS the real Luna, right? I mean our Luna died" Victoria asked.

"Maybe she's just Luna's ghost" Amber said sarcastically.

"I'm nineteen! I'm not yet dead nor I am a ghost, and if I were.. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to see me" I said.

"Hey! She's JUST like Luna.. only younger by three years" Amber said.

 

"You know what? We're going to start over. Come on. We're gonna show you to Jonghyun so you can make goo-goo eyes with each other like you did two years ago" Amber grabbed my hand.

"But we should probably show you to the girls first!" Victoria butted in and pulled me towards another studio.

 

"Sulli, Krystal! Look who's here!" Victoria called out.

"OMG! Luna!" both the girls came running to me and hugging me.

"Okay, I'm not that Luna you all are talking about" I said.

"But you look just like her! Except for the blonde hair" Sulli said to me.

"Speaking of.. is that you're natural hair color?" Krystal asked.

"No.. I had it colored before I came to Korea. I'm originally a brunette" I explained.

"She's definitely a reincarnated Luna" Amber said.

"That crazy talk! Anywho, can you guys show me where the studio of f(x) is?" I asked.

"You're already there!" They all said in unison.

"Why?" Sulli asked.

"OH! 'Cause I'm the new member" I smiled.

"Chongmallyo? That's great! Welcome to the group!" They all jumped around.

 

"Whom did you have to go through to get in?" Krystal asked.

"Shin Sekyung" I replied.

"Aish!" They all said. These girls agree with everything!

"We hate the guts of that girl" Amber said.

"She's so nice to Jonghyun, but really... she's made plastic" Victoria explained.

"It's a good thing you're the new member and not her!" Sulli said.

"That girl can't even sing! I don't know why she even tries" Krystal continued.

 

"Anyway, we have to show you to Jonghyun!" Sulli exclaimed.

They pulled me to another studio. When they opened the door, Sekyung was there seated with the "mystery guy".

"I have to go" Sekyung said as she saw the four girls.

"Sekyung.." Victoria said as Sekyung passed them.

"Girls" she said back, and then she looked at me and continued to walk. I could really feel all of the girls roll their eyes.

 

"Seriously, Jonghyun! Why her?" Krystal said. The mystery guy's name is Jonghyun??

"Why are you even here?" Jonghyun asked a little irritated.

"First of all, we have a right!" Krystal said.

"Yeah.. Our boyfriends are here" Sulli added.

"Second, Luna wouldn't be happy if you're like that.. Wait, what's my point?" Krystal said.

"Luna's dead" he said with he's head bowed down. That look and that tone broke my heart.. Why am I like this when I'm near him?

"Point taken... and I suddenly remembered what I was supposed to say.. Is that the way you talk to someone wh has brought you the most unrealistic, best surprise ever?" Krystal yelled.

"You can never get me what I want" Jonghyun said.

"Blah blah blah.. Do you even remember what Luna looks like?" Amber asked.

"Of course! She was the world to me. She aught me so much more than any of you ever had. Until now all I can think about is her.. even though Sekyung is here. She made every place feel like home, just by her presence. Sometimes, I think she's right here in this very room." Jonghyun said gently.

"Then boy, you're going to love our surprise!" Victoria said.

"Come on. Don't be shy, believe it or not.. you actually fell for this guy once" Victoria continued as she told me to stop hiding behind Amber's back.

 

I walked up, one step at a time.. very slowly. I kept my head down, but I slowly looked up. Oh my gosh he's handsome! So this is mystery guy.. I swear, the closer i got to him, the more shocked he looks.

"Luna.. is that you? You're alive?" Jonghyun asked trembling. I bit my lip, suddenly finding myself with a massive headache. My heart was beating faster and it felt like I was overheating.. I collapsed to the floor.

 

"Luna!" I heard everyone yell.. the last thing I saw was Jonghyun's face.

 


End Of chapter

 

I hope that was long enough for you guys ^_^