Is this.. Goodbye?

Second Chances

Jonghyun went back to the hospital to visit Sunyoung. He entered her room carrying a bunch of flowers just for his Luna. He just wanted to forget the whole thing that happened yesterday.

"Luna?" he called out opening her room door. He got a bit closer to her.

"You awake?" he asked. Now, he's just worried that Sunyoung is still mad.

"Hey, don't be mad anymore, okay? I brought you flowers! They're your favorites." Jonghyun got closer to her bed. As he got closer to her, he noticed how still Luna is.

"Luna?" he asked again, now more worry has struck him. He gently shook Sunyoung and then noticed that her ECG was off. He's now just filled with fear, fear that his beloved Luna..

"NO!" he ran out the door. and called for help from the doctors. In that instant the staff went inside Sunyoung's room and Jonghyun followed.

"Sir, you can't be in here." One of the nurses said to him.

"Aniyo, I have to be here for her. I have to make sure she's gonna be okay." Jonghyun relied.

"Mianhamnida, but we're just following protocol. Please step outside." the nurse insisted.

"Aish!" Jonghyun was forced to follow. He kept pacing around the hall for news, wondering what's happening inside the room now.

 

Amber and Victoria, who were just on the way to Sunyoung's room, saw Jonghyun pacing around like a madman. They ran quickly to Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun oppa! What happened?" both asked in unison.

"Molla! She wasn't moving. She just lied there without one movement. I thought she was-- I called for help and then you came along." Jonghyun answered all fidgety. After a while, the door opened. The doctor and Jonghyun met each others' gaze. The doctor only shook his head.

"She removed her ECG herself last night. We wouldn't have known if she had any problems or not. I'm sorry for your loss." Jonghyun remained speechless after what the doctor told him. For Jonghyun, his world came crashing down. The two girls beside him tried to comfort him, but it didn't stop him from looking at Sunyoung's dead body and shedding a few tears.

"This is all my fault" he whispered to himself. He can't help but be angry and blame himself for what's happened to Sunyoung.

 

"Are you Jonghyun?" one of the nurses came up to him.

He just nodded.

"I just found this. I think she wanted you to have it." the nurse handed to him an envelope with the name "Jonghyun" written on the back in Sunyoung's penmanship.

"Kamsahamnida." it was all he could say.

The nurse left him alone and Jonghyun seated on his usual seat beside Sunyoung. When he opened the envelope,  it contained a letter for Jonghyun and a bracelet... her most favorite bracelet, the one that Jonghyun gave her for her birthday.

 

The letter for Jonghyun

 

To my dear Jonghyun oppa,

If you're already reading this, I guess you know I've gone. Now, just hear me out! I know you're angry, and I know why you should be. If you don't know whom you should be angry with, well.. you should be angry at me and not you. It was never your fault this happened. It was my problem, it's mine to begin with, and mine to end it. So don't beat yourself up, 'kay? 

Do you remember the last time we saw each other? The day we fought, I know you were trying to forget that time but.. It was wrong to leave it as just that. I have to tell you that you were right! I admit that not taking the treatment was selfish of me. You probably thought I didn't love you because I refused to take the treatment for you, or just by my reaction. Truth is, I love you.. very much and when you left, I hope you still knew that. I just couldn't bear the thought that my guy would have to go through the pain of having to see his girlfriend suffer so much and die slowly.

Jonghyun, I wonder how you still stuck by me even after all this drama. I'm a lucky girl to have a guy who's always there when I needed him even when it's too much for him already. I'm lucky to have a guy who loves me despite my flaws. I'm lucky to have you. Maybe we're too young to say such things, but i know how I truly feel about you.

I know you did your best to keep me alive, but you know it was gonna happen anyway, right? Nothing was going to cure me. Mianhae.. for all my negativity.

Do me a favor? Say goodbye to my family and Shiny Effects for me? And tell them I love them so so much! Take good care of my bracelet for me too. Do what you think is right for my dear bracelet. Remember when you gave that to me during my birthday? It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.. besides you, of course. Someone else deserves this now. Someone else deserves a great guy like you. Who knows? Maybe we'll meet again in another life or form. Wait for me, seyo, Jonghyun. Saranghaeyo! You have no idea how happy I am to have met you. JongNa forever.

Love,

            Luna

 

"I know what you meant to do." Jonghyun thought.

"But in the end.. I still couldn't save you" he managed to blurt out.

"Whatever I do, I still can't save you."

 


End of Chapter

 

AND CHAPTER 2 IS DONE! 

next chapter will be short.. but i think chapter 4 will make up for it :)

also, any mistakes? please let me know if i forgot words or used terms wrong.. i tend to do that..