Exploration

Second Chances

We all went outside of our rooms at the same time.

"Where should we eat breakfast?" I asked.

"Or brunch" Key added.

"Do you remember that Italian restaurant we also checked out last night?" Sulli mentioned.

"Oh yeah! Bene" Krystal said

"They got Sunday brunch buffet.. and guess what? It's Sunday!" Taemin exclaimed.

"What are we waiting for?" Minho grinned.

"Let's go!" Onew headed for the elevator and everyone followed.

 

"Food here never fails to disappoint me" Amber said with a smile.

"I know, right? Who knew!" Victoria took another bite of her pasta.

"Hmm.. so what should we do today?" Jonghyun asked.

"We should go to Jayu Park!" I suggested.

"There's an amusement park nearby" Krystal smirked.

"There's also this memorial hall" Victoria added.

"Let's go to Wolmido during the night!" Amber exclaimed.

"In short.. we should go sight-seeing?" Onew asked.

"Umm.. Yeah" I said.

"We should also check out the city Tri-Bowl while we're at it" Minho said as he continued to finish his food.

"Let's not waste time!" Jonghyun said enthusiastically.

"Come on!" I stood up.

 

Everyone went in pairs.. I got stuck with Jonghyun, which is okay. He's really fun to be with. I can always loosen up around him. He might make things complicated, but it doesn't really feel like anything is wrong at the moment.

I'm really learning a whole lot here in Incheon. Like the war the happened and the treaty between Korea and America. I'm also be able to see some cool sights.

 

Wolmido (Nightview)

 

"Oh my gosh" Sulli gaped.

"You got that right" Onew looked around.

"I can't believe how amazing the view is!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Jeongmal nollawo" I added.

"Look at the moon eye of Wolmido theme park" Victoria pointed.

"And the cruises that are departing" Minho said.

"I can see the entire Incheon port" Key leaned on the glass window.

"And the Freedom Park" Jonghyun followed Key to the window.

"Actually, I can see Incheon downtown" Taemin glanced out the window.

"The lighting is perfect" I took my place beside Jonghyun.

 

The couples got together and Jonghyun hugged me from behind. This time, I let him.. We all stayed like that enjoying the view until it got a little late.

 

The Next Day

 

The next morning, same thing. We ate breakfast, we woke up earlier than yesterday. We all went in couples again. I'm not saying that me and Jonghyun are a couple.. but I'm always the one getting stuck with him. Companion seems like a good term for that.

 

Today we went up a mountain trail going to Deokjeok-do Bijo-bong. It's really a nice scenery; like the pine forest which is said to be hundreds of years old. The travel up to the peak is quite tiring though. Imagine 7 kilometers of walking uphill.

"You okay?" Jonghyun placed a hand on my shoulder when I stopped to catch my breath.

"Yeah, I'm great. I need the exercise" I smiled as I removed his hand.

As we continued to walk I glanced behind me where Amber and Key were.

"Can't.. go on.." Key was out of breath and obviously tired.

"You're such a wuss. Man up!" Amber laughed as she playfully slapped Key's arm. Key touched the part where Amber slapped him; he seemed hurt but he laughed with her anyway. I felt a smile appear. If only..

 

"Finally!" Victoria exclaimed.

"We made it!" Onew laughed.

"I thought I was gonna die" Krystal sat on the stairs.

"But the scenery is worth all of that!" Sulli jumped around.

"I don't know why you can still jump around after walking up here" Taemin let out a small laugh.

"Can you blame her? The scene is beautiful!" Minho stretched.

"Besides.. it's healthy for us" I looked out in the open.

"What she said.." Jonghyun sat beside Krystal.

"I'm just glad we were able to make it up here" Key lied down on the ground.

"Look! The Deokjeok Archipelago looks really amazing with the view advantage here" Amber smiled as she stood beside me.

"Nothing can compare to this beauty" Victoria also stood here beside us, enjoying the view.

"How can you all not be tired?" Onew asked.

"We learned to appreciate every little thing" Sulli mentioned.

"Once you do, you tend to forget your troubles" I added.

 

When we walked back down the mountain trail, we headed for Ganghwa Mud Flat. I don't know who's idea was this but.. okay, I agreed on going.

We walked on the shallow parts of the swamp, but beside that there are the deeper parts.

 

"Hey, did you know that this is the fifth largest mud flats in the world?" Victoria said.

"Not really" Krystal walked carefully.

"Who's idea was it to come here?" I asked.

"Key's" Amber mentioned.

"Why?" I turned to him.

"Just because.." he started. I glared at him.

"Lighten up, Luna" Key pushed me into the mud.. and I mean the deeper part of the swamp.

"Key!" I yelled.

"Ooh.. I'm sorry!" Key laughed.

"That wasn't a very sincere apology" I glared at him. He just shrugged.

"Help me up!" I extended my arm towards him.

"Fine" He grabbed my hand so that he can pull me out.

"Whoa!" He let out when I pulled him in instead.

"Okay, now I feel better" I laughed. Amber laughed with me.

"You think this is funny?" Key smirked at Amber.

"Oh no" It was the last thing Amber could say before Key pulled her in.

"You're dead, Kim Kibum!" Amber said as she readied herself to throw a handful of mud at Key.

 

"Seems fun" Minho smirked.

"What do you plan to do?" Krystal eyed Minho.

"This" Minho carried Krystal and dunked her into the mud.

"Hey!" Krystal thrashed around.

 

"Ladies first?" Onew turned to Victoria.

"Let me think.." Victoria paused for a while.

"No" she pushed Onew into the mud and then got in herself.

 

"I guess that leaves the two of us!" Taemin said to Sulli.

"On three?" Sulli smiled.

"Hana" Taemin started.

"Tul" Sulli followed.

"Set!" The said in unison as they both jumped in the mud.

 

"Why aren't you joining, Jonghyun?" I faced him.

"I have my reasons" he grinned.

"Aww, you're not afraid of a getting a little dirty aren't you?" I teased.

"Me? No.." he looked around.

"Riiight" I threw a handful of mud at his direction.

"Now you have no choice but to join, you kill joy" I giggled.

"Luna!" Jonghyun came after me in the mud.

 

We played in the mud 'till the sun started setting. We cleaned ourselves up and went back to the hotel, ready bathe and order room service for dinner.

 

 

We decided to do some more hiking the next day. We went to Gyeyang Mountain, it has an easier trail to the summit which I think is a good thing. All we want to do is enjoy and appreciate the beauty of nature.

Nothing much happened that time. We took some pictures and reached the summit. The trail was easy enough, but the branches and rocks makes it a little difficult.

 

As we walked back down the trail, I tripped over a branch which blended with everything else on the ground that it was unnoticeable.

"Agh!" I screamed.

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun quickly came to my side.

"I freaking tripped over something" I explained.

"My ankle kinda hurts" I held onto my ankle.

"Let me see that" He took a look at it.

"Hey! That kinda hurts" I whined.

"I'll carry you back down" he offered.

"Aniyo. I don't want to trouble you any longer" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Luna, you're troubling me by not letting me carry you back" he chuckled.

"I can do it" I stood up.

"Ow!" I ended up falling.

"Watch it" Jonghyun smiled as he caught me.

"That's it! I'm carrying you back down" he picked me up and started walking again.

"Put me down! I can handle myself" I eyed him.

"No, you can't. I'm not letting go" he grinned. I sighed.

 

"Told you" Jonghyun smirked.

"Hey, don't you forget that I told you that you were sick and you didn't believe" I pinched him.

"And this my way of repaying you" he didn't pay attention to my pinch, he just laughed.

I could hear the other girls giggle behind us and the guys chuckle. Darn it.. we're beginning to get scandalous. Even though that was how it is, I managed to smile.

 

We went back down to Gyeyang Park. Jonghyun put me down on one of the benches.

"You need to be more careful, Luna" he said as he brought out a bandage.

"I didn't want to trip" I said plainly.

"You know I didn't ask for your help" I said when he started wrapping my ankle with a bandage.

"I could've made it down myself" I continued to say.

"This sprain proves otherwise" he let out a small laugh.

"This vacation wasn't to make you more stressed over things" my eyes dropped.

"It isn't.. I'm fine" he said, but why does it feel like he's hiding something?

 

All of us went back to the hotel. We didn't do anything because of my sprain. I feel sorry for others who weren't able to explore because of me.. even if they al said it was fine. The others went out to buy lunch and same goes when dinner time came.

We ate together in one room, we had to make adjustments so that we can all fit.

 

"So.. where are we going to tomorrow?" Onew asked.

"It's our last day here in Songdo, let's make it a little more special" Victoria mentioned.

"I want to go on a cruise" Krystal said.

"A river cruise.. in Hangang river!" Sulli exclaimed.

"Okay, but let's do it during nighttime" Minho said.

"Wait.. what about Luna? She still has a sprain" Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm fine! It will be gone in the morning. I just need some rest. And I want to go too" I whined.

"Then it's decided!" Key smiled.