That Did Not Just Happen

Second Chances

xxOxx

SUNYOUNG's POV

 

I followed Kyuhyun to the diner he was talking about. It was a short walk, it's just right down the street. Finally, some decent food and I'm not eating alone this time. A meal that I definitely enjoyed. Kyuhyun was that one who ordered for me.

"So how is it?" he smiled at me.

"Delicious! Thanks for taking me here. It's the first meal I've had that I enjoyed since I stepped in Seoul" I said to him.

"That's good to hear" he said.

 

As we were eating and chatting happily, you wouldn't believe who just barged in and carried me out. What the heck is he thinking? Has he no respect? I was "bonding" with Kyuhyun. Good thing "sment" was nearby, saves me from more embarrassment.

"What the heck?? Put me down this instant, Jonghyun" I yelled at him at he was still carrying me. He put me down in the studio where I first saw him and locked the door.

"What the hell was that? You just came in a diner, disturbed me and Kyuhyun by carrying me and taking me away . What do you want from me? Seriously, how many times do I have to tell you. I don't know you!" I yelled.

"If you were hungry, you could've just said so" Jonghyun said.

"And so when I was actually able to eat something delicious you carried me back here?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Luna, no matter how much you deny it.. you'll always be my Luna and from now on, I'm gonna be watching over you wherever you go. I just don't want to lose you again" Jonghyun was a bit worried.

"I don't get it. How can a girl who died two years ago be me? That is just crazy" I laughed.

"I'll make you remember, Luna. I'll make you fall in love with me all over again" Jonghyun was determined.

"Listen, you can't just come into my life and force me to love you! That's not how things work. I simply won't allow it" I said to him.

 

Suddenly, he grabbed my arms and held me close. Jonghyun, tilted my chin up so that our eyes met. His eyes, they had a lonely shade of brown.. Just looking straight into my own. That was the last thing I saw when he pulled me even closer that our lips locked.

I didn't know what was happening. It felt like I was floating, ready to fall.. But I was being held by his soft yet so strong arms. Why did I just think of that? There was no freaking way that I'm going to fall for this guy.. Not like this.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I gasped for air. Why was I holding breath in the first place?

I slapped him silly. The nerve I that guy for kissing me! At first, I thought he was just confused.. But the truth is, he's a complete crazy whack job!

 

"I will not fall in love with you no matter what! You CAN'T force someone to like you if they don't, that isn't how it's suppose to be when you love someone... You feel a special need in wanting to see them everyday and when you're apart, you feel hurt. I'm sorry that you lost your loved one but I'm not her.. So don't try to replace me with her because it's not going to work." I yelled almost hysterical.

"Luna.." Jonghyun started.

"Don't say my name as if you've known me for a long time, 'cause you don't. She's dead, move on" I didn't let him finish. I quickly got out the studio.

 

End Of POV

 

"Luna, you said on your letter that I should move on.. But I can't! At your wake, you told me to wait for you, so I can't shake off the feeling you're here for me. Please.. Remember me" Jonghyun whispered.

That Night

xxOxx

SUNYOUNG's POV

 

"Luna.. Luna, we're the same person. Go back to Jonghyun.. Please, so I can be with him. I love him.. Go back to him.. Please.. You're the same Luna that died two years ago, remember everything! Please, Luna" I woke up in the middle of night. That was some dream.. Oh well, this isn't the time to worry about things. What matters now is that I get a good nights sleep. Just sugar and rainbows...

 

The Next Morning

 

Great! I just had another nightmare.. I don't know if I should call it a nightmare but it was definitely freaky. I dreamt that I was the Luna that died two years ago who was also Jonghyun's girlfriend.. But before I was able to wake up, I was lying on a hospital bed crying. I woke up crying.. I swear I felt whatever the old Luna felt. The whole time before the scene in the hospital, I was dreaming of Jonghyun.. Why did it have to be him? Nevermind.. Time to start a new day.

"Ahh... The sweet rising sun" I said as I looked out the window.

"Maybe it's a good idea if I explored a bit today" I got ready to go out.

 

I waited for the elevator to come. When it did, f(x) was there. I got in anyway despite the awkward situation we had yesterday.

"Annyeong, unni!" Sulli said as she hugged me. She's a real hugger.

"Ani" Victoria mouthed to Sulli while tapping her as a signal to let go of me.

"Mianhae" Sulli said as she backed away.

"It's fine" I smiled.

"I'm getting used to it.. but don't call me unni, I'm younger y'know" I added.

"I keep on forgetting" Sulli smiled sheepishly.

 

"Listen, Luna" Amber started.

"On behalf of everyone, I'm apologizing  for everything that happened yesterday.. We didn't mean to freak you out or irritate you" She continued. Not like the tough Amber I used to know and love! ... What did I just thought of? This whole thing is making me fall apart!

"It's cool. I'm sure you just missed your friend and mistaken me with her" I said.

"But we still can be friends, right?" Krystal asked as she hugged my arm.

"Of course! It's a good start, at least" I patted her head like an unni would.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

Sunyoung was on the couch with Krystal crying on her lap.

"Unni, it's just not fair! Am I not good enough?" Krystal sobbed.

"Krys, it's not you! You are a sweet, talented, beautiful girl.. Much better than that lowlife he's been dating. Minho still can't see that. Give it some time. If he still doesn't see that great side of you, then he's just like his lowlife of a girlfriend. You're good enough, Krystal.. You should now that" Sunyoung said in her most sweet, comforting voice while she patted Krystal's head.

"Thanks for making me feel better, unni" Krstal laughed, sitting up.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Now I really am crazy..

"Hm?" Krystal looked up to me when I patted her.

"Uhh.. sorry" I looked away.

"Sunyoung unni used to do that" she let go of me, rubbed the back of her head and looked away.

 

 

"Anyway.. Luna" Victoria broke the silence that occurred.

"We're gonna practice our new song 'LA CHA TA' later on, 'kay? Make sure you'll be there!" Victoria said cheerfully.

"Wouldn't miss it.. I'll se you all back at the studio" I smiled and stepped out of the elevator.

"Where are you going? Don't you wanna come with us?" Victoria called out.

"I'm just gonna explore for a while" I explained.

 

I walked for about ten minutes tops, and found a Church. Near it was a park. It's nice to get a little fresh air, I guess.

As I was walking in the park, I came upon a big pond. Beyond was a statue of an angel. Funny.. The angel looks familiar.

I sat on the pond's edge, picked up a rock and threw it across the water's surface.. you know, skipping stones. When the rock sank in the water, something strange happened.

 

"So we meet again, Luna! Nice to see yah" A strange lady was suddenly standing on the water's surface.. WHAT THE HECK??

"Thanks for the rock.. um. You should know that it's not exactly the gift that I like" the lady laughed.

"How are you doing, dear?" The woman continued.

"Okay, who the heck are you? or what the heck are you?" I was freaking out.

"You still can't remember anything? Nothing has come back to you? Oh dear.. This won't simply do! Luna, you have to remember or all this will mean nothing.." the angel tried to reach out to me.

 

There's a lady standing on the water's surface claiming that she knows me.. That's it! I lost all my senses of being normal.. Seoul is tearing me apart! I looked around and saw a man's figure walking towards here.. Jonghyun. Seems like I have two choices here: this strange woman standing in the middle of the pond, or a crazy whack job? I panicked..

Whack job it is!

 

"Jonghyun!" I ran and hid behind his back.

"Luna? What are you doing here?" Jonghyun questioned.

"Help me! There's a woman standing there in the middle of the pond!" I pointed as to where the girl was standing.

"What are you talking about? No one's there" he claimed."I

"I'm telling you, she's over the-- she's gone... UGH! What is wrong with me?" I hit myself.

"Nothing is wrong with you" he laughed. Why are you laughing? This is SO not funny.

"You must've seen Sephia, the angel of life and death. Luna used to take me here, hopeful that I'll also get to see her like she was able to.. but she's the only one who can see Sephia, I never did" he told me.

This Luna again.. I know I am being compared to.. directly or not.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

"C'mon, Jonghyun!" Sunyoung pulled Jonghyun to the pond. She dropped a flower, hid into a bush, pulling Jonghyun close.

"What am I supposed to see here?" Jonghyun peeked behind the bushes.

"You mean you can't see her?" Sunyoung asked disappointed.

"See who?" Jonghyun questioned.

"The girl in the middle of the pond! or have I just gone nuts?" Sunyoung pouted.

"I'm sure you haven't, Luna" Jonghyun laughed and kiised Sunyoung's forehead.

"What does she look like anyway?" He continued to question.

"Like the angel on the statue.. You know what? I'm not giving up! You're gonna see her one day.." Sunyoung was determined.

"That's my Luna" Jonghyun smiled.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jonghyun walked to the pond's edge and kneeled.

"Angel Sephia, please look after Luna for me.. even if she has gone. I can never forget the person who brought love into my life. I wish for her to be with me always, but I know it's too much for me to ask you that. So, please, just kindly watch over the girl that meant the world to me" his prayer was loud enogh for me to hear. I was just behind him after all..

Watching him like this brought me sadness. I tried my best not to cry as tears were already filling my eyes. Why am I like this? Why am I crying.. and for him? I'm feeling sorry for him?

Jonghyun stood up and noticed me.

"Luna? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" He was so concerned.

"No, I just got something on my eye" I reached up to rub it.

"Don't" he stopped my hands midway.

"Let me, you're eyes might get infected if you touched it like that" he was about to blow on my eye but I stopped him.

"It's fine, don't worry" I pulled away from him.

 

"Luna? I'm sorry about what happened yesterday" he apologized, he got closer to me.

"You should be.. that was definitely uncalled for" I backed away.

"I know.. Let me make it up to you. How 'bout dinner tonight? My place?" He asked me out.

"Umm.. well" I started, In your dreams! Why should I go to dinner with a man after what happened yesterday. For all I know, dinner means harassing me.

"Sulli, Victoria, Taemin, and Onew will be there with us" he sensed my discomfort.

"Then, sure! I'd love to join you for dinner" I was relieved it's not just gonna be us two.

"Great! I'll pick you up at seven. Fourth floor, right?" he asked.

"Second door to the left" I assured him.

"I have to go. I've got a rehearsal to attend to, I'll see you then!" I ran to 'sment'... it was good exercise.

 

It didn't take long before I actually got to "sment". I bumped into a familiar face outside of the f(x) studio... Kyuhyun.

"I guess destiny doesn't stop taking it's toll" he laughed.

"I guess so.." It kinda felt awkward, with our last meeting and all.

"Luna, you don't have to be shy around me. You're thinking about the last time we saw each other, aren't you?" Kyuhyun laughed and placing his hand on top of my shoulder. For the first time, I thought he was really.. charming. I felt comfortable around him.

"It's okay! You shouldn't feel embarrassed" he smiled.

"What was up with Jonghyun when he did that?" he wondered.

"Apparently history.. it's a long story" I grinned.

"Ahh.. completely understandable, I guess.. But would you like me to teach him a lesson?" he joked around.

"Thanks for always making me feel better, Kyuhyun. Even if we only just met yesterday" I laughed.

"No problem! You can always count on me, milady" he took my hand, bowed and kissed it lightly.

"Smooth.. Now stop joking around" I laughed even more, pushing his shoulders lightly and messed up his hair.

"I'm late for rehearsals! I have to go.." I said as I opened the studio door.

"Ooh, can I watch?" Kyuhyun said.

"You wish! Now go back to Suju" I closed the door on him.

 

"Okay, what was that?" Sulli asked interested.

"What was what?" I was perplexed.

"You know.. That!" Krystal said.

"What?" I was still confused.

"We saw you with Kyuhyun... Hmm?" Amber elbowed me..

"Oh that" I sratched my head.

"Oh my gosh! Is something going on between you two?" Victoria suddenly was so interested.

"NO! Nothing is going on" I yelled.

"Uhuh.. sure! Of course there isn't" Amber raised an eyebrow at me and the other girls laughed.

"You just seemed so close with each other" Krystal added.

"Nothing is going on. Now can we please rehearse 'LA CHA TA'?" I made it clear.

"Okay, okay.. it just seems such a waste.. With Jonghyun and all. I want you to be with Jonghyun, but Kyuhyun and you make a cute couple!" Victoria exclaimed.

"AGREED!" The others yelled.

"Shut up!" But I laughed myself. Just the thought..

"Let's just start" Amber said.

 

 As I was laughing with the girls, I saw Jonghyun glance outside the studio's glass door. He was sad, I can see it by how he looked at me. I guess he saw my little scene with Kyuhyun oppa.

 

7 o'clock

 

"Luna are you ready? It's time to go" Jonghyun said as he entered my apartment.

"Ever heard of knocking? You're still not welcomed here. And I just got out of the shower.." I scavenged for a robe since Jonghyun caught me wrapped in those towels that were big enough to cover most parts but still showed your legs. He smirked.

"Wow, you look y. You should wear that to dinner" he joked.

"You ert! A towel and wet hair? Come here!" I chased him around the apartment, ready to hit him.. but then I tripped over a fallen brush and landed on top of him, chest to chest. Before I knew it, I was getting light-headed.

 


End Of Chapter

 

Was I evil for making Jonghyun like that? XD Was the last part too much? typical Jonghyun being cocky XD

i don't know what sm ent looks like so my imagination took over :))

and ever wonder why some korean doesn't really match with the romanization? its just coz i wrote how its pronounced ^_^ no hatin'