Birthday Surprise

Second Chances

SHINee and f(x) went to SM Enterntainment together.

"Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobun!" Kyuhyun greeted them with a smile.

"Annyeong, Kyuhyun" Onew and Victoria said in unison.

 

This was Sunyoung's chance to tell Kyuhyun what she has in mind... But she needs to distance themselves first.

Sunyoung pulled Kyuhyun a few meters away from the group, but still in plain sight. She pushed him against the wall, strong yet gentle.

 

"She has a way of approaching man" Key laughed.

"I wonder what Luna wants to tell Kyuhyun that she pushed him against the wall like that" Sulli wondered.

"Probably it's about their little date" Minho smirked.

"I doubt it's about that" Jonghyun frowned.

"Jealous?" Amber and Kystal raised one brow at him. Jonghyun didn't answer.

"The two are getting comfy" Taemin laughed as they looked at them getting too close to each other.

 

xxOxx

SUNYOUNG'S POV

 

"What was that for/" Kyuhyun asked.

"Mianhae, but I don't want anybody hearing about this.. especially Amber" I told him.

"Okay, then I'm going to keep my mouth shut" he made a gesture of zipping his lips.

"We're going to dinner.. but" I got a little closer to make sure nobody hears, ESPECIALLY AMBER!

"It's not gonna be just the two of us" I continued.

"I'll take what I can get" he smiled.

"Tomorrow is Amber's birthday. I'll inform Krystal and Onew that you're going to join. If they come for you, go with them because obviously you don't know where our apartment is" I snickered.

"Be here in the afternoon" I whispered.

"Got it.. but why are you whispering and why are you being too close?" He questioned.

"It's a surprise birthday party. DUH!" I giggled.

"Victoria and I will take Amber out while the others prepare. Make sure you'll be there" I smiled.

"Wouldn't miss it" he grinned as he played with a lock of my hair.

"Luna.." he moved closer that our faces were a few inches away from each other.

"I think you might want to back away a bit.. The others are getting the wrong idea" he smirked.

"Uhh.. sorry" I backed away.

"No harm done" he looked at the others who were watching us.

"Just wrong impressions" We both said as we laughed.

"I'll be seeing you" I walked towards SHINee and f(x).

"You too" he stayed there waiting for me to leave before he goes.

 

"What was that all about?" Amber asked.

"Secret" I grinned.

"Unni, you should have seen yourself" Krystal giggled.

"Yeah, you looked like a predator cornering its prey" Victoria chuckled. I saw Jonghyun tense up.

"Let's go?" I ignored their comments.

Jonghyun put his arm around me as we were leaving. I rolled my eyes and waved at Kyuhyun.

What is this? A show he's trying to put on? I removed his arm away from me and kept walking towards the studio.

 

"Nice job, Luna!" Amber exclaimed.

"Huh?" What does she mean?

"Yeah! Just a few more Kyuna moments and he'll be begging for you" Sulli squealed.

"Whoa! Who's begging for me? And what the heck is Kyuna?" I'm now more confused.

"Jonghyun, silly" Krystal smiled.

"Us and the SHINee boys made that up~ Kyuhyun plus Luna equals KYUNA!" Victoria laughed.

"Ugh. There is no Kyuna.. AND Jonghyun will not be begging for me" I rolled my eyes.

"So.. that arm around you thing didn't mean anything to you? Oh boy.." Amber said.

"I think Sekyung brainwashed her the whole time they were togther last night" Krystal crossed her arms.

"I am not brainwashed! I will not be brainwashed ever.. not by anyone" I turned up the music.

 

The Next Morning

 

"Where's Sulli and Krystal?" Amber looked around to find they're not there.

"Molla.. They suddenly left" I set up the dining table.

"I think they had a date with their boyfriends" Victoria served breakfast.

"Oh" amber looked a bit disappointed.

"Come on, unni. Sit with us" I patted the chair between Vic-omma and me.

 

"Breakfast is extra delicious today!" Amber exclaimed.

"Everything goes for the birthday girl" Victoria smiled.

"You remembered my birthday? That's sweet" Amber was in awe.

"I thought you forgot" she continued.

"How can we forget?" I giggled.

"Who wants to spend Amber's birthday at the mall" I said as I raised my ahand.

"I do!" Victoria exclaimed.

"I'm with you.. but can we let Key join? I also want to spend the day with him" Amber blushed.

"Uhh.. sure!" I smiled nervously. I shared a worried look with Vic-omma.

Things were not going as planned.

 

We went out the door.

"I forgot something inside.. mind waiting?" I hoped she would say yes..

"Let's just meet up at the SHINee's apartment" Amber said.

"Okay" It's the only thing I could say.

 

I entered the apartment and brought out my phone. One person came into my mind. He was the only one who I can trust in these situations.. even if it's no big deal.

"Jonghyun?" I said as someone answered the phone.

"Luna.. What's wrong?" He said in a worried tone.

"Code red. Amber's coming over there. Hide Krystal, Sulli, Taemin, and Minho. Make sure that you restrain him and keep him hidden and quiet" I instructed.

"Yeorobun, Code red!" I heard Jonghyun yell.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Aniyo" I hang up.

 

I rushed towards the SHINee apartment and was able to catch up with Amber and Victoria.

Amber opened the door.. I was expecting the worst.

When we entered, everything seemed normal. I have got to give the guys some credit.

 

"Where's Key?" Amber asked.

"Key? Oh, right... He left" Jonghyun said as he watched television.

"He left?" Amber looked disappointed again.

"He said something about getting a few things in the studio and grocery shopping" Onew mentioned.

"We were all out anyway" Jonghyun added.

"Oh.. I guess we'll be going then" Amber looked a little depressed.

 

Amber went out the door and Victoria followed. I can't help but feel guilty... but this will all lead to something good, right?

I thanked the boys by giving them the "okay" sign.

Onew smiled at me, while Jonghyun winked... Why me?

 

I heard some ramblings going on in the bedroom.

Key came out but Taemin and Minho were restraining him and pulling him back. He kept on fighting. Sulli covered his mouth to keep him from screaming, while Krystal helped in pulling him back in the room.

I wanted to laugh at the scene but that might give everything away. I left and followed Amber and Victoria.

 

At The Mall

 

"What should we do first?" Victoria asked.

'What do you want to do, birthday girl?" I asked Amber with my cheery voice.

"How about.. we go see an action movie first, go to lunch.. and then we could shop all we want" Amber suggested.

"Sound like a plan!" Victoria exclaimed.

"Let's go!" I squealed.

 

The movie was awesome! The feeling is greater since we got Amber unni to smile. She was totally psyched.

We went to a restaurant and ordered our food.

When our food arrived, we just started talking.

"Unni, what's wrong? You seem sad again" I asked, a little worried.

"There's nothing wrong.. Its just that I really hoped I'd get to spend my birthday with my friends" Amber sighed.

"You don't like spending your birthday with us?" Victoria asked.

"ANI! It's nothing like that.. I love you two, for making my day, but I was hoping of celebrating with all my friends.. especially with Key. I think you're the only ones who remembered. With Luna here, or whom we think is Luna, I thought it was gonna be different again.. I was wrong" Amber said in a sad tone.

"You see, Luna was always the reminder of birthdays, she would do all the planning and stuff. Since she passed away, Amber has been going back to her family to celebrate her birthday. With Luna gone, Amber thinks it's just pointless" Victoria looked at me.

"You didn't have to tell me that.. I already know what I was.." Okay, that came out from nowhere. Amber and Victoria looked at me, confusion written all over their faces. I didn't mind.

"Unni, thing will be different.. I promise. It will be just like the old times" I Amber, back. Vic-omma joined our hug fest.

"You'd be surprised at what can happen when loved ones can get reborned" I let out a small laugh. Did I just say I was reborned? Why is this coming out now?

A memory popped into my mind. We were all celebrating Amber's birthday.. We were all having fun and then another hug fest happened...

Amber looked at me with hopeful eyes and smiled.

 

"Who's ready for some shopping?" Victoria said as she paid the bill.

"Come on!" I was already out the door.

 

"Where do you guys want to start?" I turned to them.

"Anywhere" Amber grinned.

"Look at that cute boutique! Let's check it out" Victoria said.

 

There were a lot of cute items there, but it wasn't really Amber's type..

"Sir, may I help you?" A saleslady faced Amber. I could feel Amber feel uncomfortable.

"Excuse me.. Did you just call her sir?" I approached the saleslady with my arms crossed at my chest.

"But isn't he-" The saleslady started but was cut off.

"Ahem.." Victoria said.

"Come on, girls. I think this store isn't right for us" Victoria walked out.

"Let's go, Amber. We will NEVER go here again" I made it clear as I pulled Amber out and caught up with Vic-omma.

"Can you believe that?" I said.

"The nerve of some people" Victoria shook her head.

"You guys are the best" Amber laughed as she pulled us to start walking again.

 

7 o' clock

 

After shopping for quite some time... I saw a familiar face.

"Oppa!" I called out before I could even stop myself. The little girl recognized me and came running towards me. I greeted her with a hug.

"Dongsaeng" I said as I let go.

"Luna unni!" Hana exclaimed. She saw the others and hugged them too.

"Luna.." Chung-hee approached me.

"Changed you mind?" He smiled.

"Just a tinee-tiny bit" I laughed.

"You've got to see mom and dad! They're here right now.." He said as he pulled me.

"Oppa.. I'm not ready" I fought back.

 

It felt like I could break down and cry at any given moment. Me becoming Luna made me crazier.. I'm not even entirely sure about this Luna thing yet. Sure, there's all kinds of proofs around me.. Like how I feel towards other people, and my flashbacks... But, its surreal. My mind may be adapting to the change but.. I still can't help but doubt..

 

"But-" Chung-hee started.

"Luna?" A voice said. It rang a bell, but in this lifetime.. This was new. I looked at where that voice came from.

"Eomeoni?" My tears started to form. Memories from Luna came flooding in about this woman.. My mom.

I walked to her slowly, all I want to do now was hug her.. She opened her arms to me and I did. It felt so good to be able to hold her again.. Maybe I am Luna after all.. but, things are still unclear to me.

"Luna.." I heard another voice.

"Appa" I said. He joined in hugging me and memories of my dad came in. I couldn't take all the feelings anymore, so I let go and backed away.

"Mianhae.. for getting emotional for a start, and hugging you. I missed my parents and you were like them so.." I said wiping away my tears and rejoining Victoria and Amber.

"I'm Park Sunyoung, but you can call me Luna" I said.

"Is that really you?" The woman came up to me.

"I'm sorry for all this confusion, but we should go" I couldn't face them anymore. It was a lame excuse but I just can't stay.

"Annyeong, Hana.. Oppa" I bowed to them and to my so-called parents.

 

I walked away. Amber and Victoria followed me.

"Luna!" I heard Hana call out to me.. I couldn't turn around and go to her.

"Are you okay, Luna?" Victoria asked.

"Uhuh. Don't worry about me. I don't want to ruin Amber's birthday because of my drama" I smiled as I looped my arms into theirs.

 

My phone vibrated, so I checked the message.

"We better go home" I said.

"But it's just seven pm" Amber complained, but she still went with us.

 

We came back to the apartment. Before we could enter the apartment..

"Amber, are you ready?" Victoria smiled.

"Ready for what?" Amber asked.

"For this" I opened the door.

"Saeng il chuk ha hamnida!" Everyone said as they greeted Amber.

"What is this?" Amber looked around.

"It's your surprise party" Key came up to her.

"Happy birthday, Amber" Key kissed her on the cheek. Amber was speechless.

"Happy birthday, unni!" Krystal and Sulli hugged her.

"You're the best, Luna" Amber hugged me.

"As much as I want to take credit for this.. There's your knight in shining armor" I pointed at Key.

Amber gave Key a quick peck on the lips. it was kinda weird for me to see it but.. who cares!

 

Kyuhyun was there waiting for me.

"This is one fun party. Glad you invited me" he smiled.

"Isn't this much better than the two of us alone having dinner?" I laughed as I held his hand.

Jonghyun just watched us..

 

We all just had fun in the celebration. Like the good old times.. I was glad that we made Amber happy. It's the only thing I looked forward to today.

People started going home.

"I had a great time, Luna" Kyuhyun smiled.

"Happy birthday, Amber!" He called out. Amber nodded.

"I'll see you next week" He kissed my cheek and left. The girls started giggling and squealing at what they just witnessed.. Jonghyun saw the whole thing..

 

"Luna... may I speak with you privately?" Jonghyun said as he approached me.

 


End of Chapter

 

I decided that I put that moment in the next chapet.. which is goona be short FYI.. sorry!