I Now Know..

Second Chances

"Oh.. you guys are awake" I said as I entered the room.

"What's wrong, Luna?" Victoria asked.

"Everything I know is a lie!" I lied down on my bed.

"What now?" Krystal lied down beside me.

"Remember when Jonghyun kissed me the day after Amber's birthday?" I started.

"Yeah, Kyuhyun punched Jonghyun in the gut for that" Sulli mentioned.

"He did? It wasn't Amber who did it?" He stood up for me after all.. but that doesn't matter anymore.

"Hey, it wasn't my job to do it. It was supposed to be the guy's" Amber sat on her bed.

"Nevermind that.. when it happened, he wasn't with Sekyung anymore" I sat up.

"Crud! I threatened him for nothing?" Amber did a facepalm.

"Aigoo" Krystal said.

"Would you have went for it if you knew?" Sulli asked.

"I don't know.. probably!" My tone was beginning to get high-pitched.

"Why not now? Go to him!" Victoria exclaimed.

"I can't!" I yelled.

"Why not?" Krystal jumped on the bed, making it shake.

"Because I feel like a total jerk" I covered my face with a pillow.

"You're not the only one" Amber's voice was monotonous.

"That's it? That can't be it" The doubt was evident in Vic-omma's voice.

"Ani" I removed the pillow and looked at her.

"I'm still unsure of a lot of things" I covered my face with the pillow again.

"Well, it's time to start thinking. make up your mind if you want a happy ending" Victoria patted me.

"There's no happy ending. He's leaving once we get back home" I whimpered.

"Then you have a few hours to figure out what's right" Amber gently said.

 

We went back to Sheraton Hotel the next morning to get the cars. This time, I get to ride with Jonghyun. The others in the backseat were asleep.

"You seem glum" Jonghyun glanced at me.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him with a blank expression.

"You don't look like yourself" He explained.

"It's nothing" I leaned on the window.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I just nodded.

 

We stayed quiet for the rest of the trip . Eventually, I was able to fall asleep.

The same dream keep on occuring. It's all about Jonghyun. If last night was a nightmare where I die, leaving him behind again.. this was actually a bit nicer.

 

"Luna" someone said.

"Hmm?" I moaned.

"Wake up. We're back home" he rubbed my arm gently, as if it could wake me.

"Jonghyun" I said as I opened my eyes.

"What?" He grinned.

"Are you going to leave today?" I asked.

"Aniyo. I'm leaving tomorrow. I have the rest of the day to pack up" his grin disappeared.

"Oh" It's the onl thing I could say.

"Don't you live in the States? Maybe we will see each other there someday" he smiled but it can't hide the sadness in his eyes.

"Seoul is my permanent home now. I don't know when I'll be back" I faked a smile and left the car.

 

When I got back to the f(x) apartment, I unpacked all my things and sat there on my bed.

How come I can never accept Jonghyun? It seems so easy.. Why can't I accept the fact that maybe I have feelings for him? I don't want him to go.

 

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I heard someone knock on the apartment door.

"Hey" I heard someone say.

"Hi, Jonghyun" Victoria sounded a bit nervous.

"What are you doing here?" Sulli asked.

"I came to see Luna. Is she here?" Jonghyun continued.

 

I hid myself under the covers and listened to their conversation.

"She's in the bedroom doing who knows what" Amber mentioned.

"May I?" I heard him say.

"Go ahead" Krystal mumbled.

 

I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"Luna?" Jonghyun entered the bedroom.

"You awake?" He asked.

"I brought you something. They're you favorite flowers.. as my good-bye gift" he pulled down the covers.

Now why does this seem familiar?

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

"Luna?" he called out opening her room door. He got a bit closer to her.

"You awake?" he asked. Now, he's just worried that Sunyoung is still mad.

"Hey, don't be mad anymore, okay? I brought you flowers! They're your favorites." Jonghyun got closer to her bed. As he got closer to her, he noticed how still Luna is.

"Luna?" he asked again, now more worry has struck him. He gently shook Sunyoung and then noticed that her ECG was off. He's now just filled with fear, fear that his beloved Luna..

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I heard him sigh when he realized I was "asleep".

"I'm sorry if I have to leave, Luna" he continued to speak to me despite that he knows I'm asleep.

"I promise.. I didn't want this. I'll come back, like you did for me" he said.

"Sweet dreams" he kissed the top of my forehead and left.

I felt tears come up. I cried myself to sleep.

 

I came to Jonghyun's apartment in the afternoon the next day.

"Hi" I said as I entered.

"Hey" he finished packing up.

"Thanks for the flowers. I love 'em" I grinned.

"I'm glad you did" he stood up.

"What time is you flight?" I asked.

"Eight o' clock" he said.

"Oh, so you better get going then. The airport is kind of far from here" I sat down on the couch.

"Yeah. Do me a favor?" He continued.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Watch over the place for me? It is partly yours" he smiled.

"Of course" I smiled, but barely.

 

He picked up his bags and walked out.

"Jonghyun, wait!" I followed him.

"Yes?" He smiled.

"Take care" I hugged him.

"You too, Luna" he hugged me back.

"Bye" I finally let go.

 

I stayed in the bedroom thinking of what I could have done differently. If I asked him to stay, would he? If I approved of our relationship would this ever happened? I need to clear my head.

I went straight to the park that evening, it was already 6:40 pm. This time, I didn't head towards me and Kyuhyun's usual place. Instead, I picked up a flower and sat on the pond's edge.

I dropped the flower into the pond and watched it disappear under like it was being pulled.

 

"Good evening, Luna! Nice to know you finally got the gift thing right" Sephia smiled.

"Hello, Sephia" I said.

"You remember me! That's good" she exclaimed.

"Have you regained every memory?" she asked.

"No, not yet. What am I supposed to remember anyway?" I questioned her.

"You're past! You're memories with Jonghyun, of course" she smiled.

"Well then, no.. I haven't regained every memory with him" I frowned.

"You let him go, didn't you?" She walked closer to me.

"Luna, this whole thing would be pointless if you did" she said.

"What do you mean pointless?" I continued to ask.

"This whole thing about you being reborned is because of him. So you can have the second chances that you wanted!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have to leave, I can't do this" I got up and walked away.

 

I went to Jonghyun's apartment when I left the park.

I reminisced the moments we had together in this very apartment. All those nights we spent hours talking and laughing, telling each other's stories. The times when I would make fun of Sekyung for being here.

I looked around the room in search for something. I don't really know why I'm doing this but.. I feel like there's something I need to find.

I searched one of the drawer and found a peculiar item. It's an envelope with my favorite flower taped to it, but it's wilted.. too wilted. I opened the envelope and found a letter inside. It's in my handwriting. This letter seems really familiar, I remember.. I wrote it that day I died. There's also another item in the envelope.. the bracelet.

He kept it all these years? He never stopped believing that I will return. He never stopped loving me. I'm so stupid, all the memories came flooding back. I'm such an idiot. Why did I let him leave?

 

I left the apartment and started the car. I'm going to the airport. I'm not letting him go again. I have to go to Jonghyun... I love him.

I sped off towards the airport, I still have an hour left but.. I still might not make it.

Damn it, the road is slippery. I just hope I can make it.

"What the heck?" I saw a bright light flash at my direction.

It was the last thing I saw before I crashed. I've lost the battle.

 


End of Chapter

 

Oh boy.. you're not gonna like this ending :'(