Leaving

Second Chances

We went to Miyabi for lunch since we got up late again.

For the day, all we did was go shopping while we wait for night to come.

When it did, we all headed to Yeouido Dock and cruised over Hangang River.

 

"It's so nice out here" Victoria started.

"Look at Namsan Tower" Amber said.

"I have never viewed it this way before. I like this new way of seeing it" I let out a small laugh.

"I can also see Building 63" Krystal mentioned.

"You're right! It looks great out here" Sulli exclaimed.

"We're back at Seoul" Jonghyun chuckled.

 

We passed the 27 bridges in Seoul in just one night. The lighting and other illuminations on the bridges were simply amazing; the diverse array of bright and beautiful pieces of light art cover it's surrounding in colorful glow. The cool wind from the river and the surrounding scenery is totally worth it. We really enjoyed our night.

We spent our dinner there under the moonlight. It has been a really great experience for us. I'm glad we had this cruise.

 

On the route back home, I leaned on the ferry's ledge and admired the view.

"Enjoying yourself?" Jonghyun smiled as he took his place beside me.

"Uhuh" I smiled back.

"So how's your ankle doing?" He asked.

"Pretty well. No need to worry" I replied.

"I have reasons to" he looked out into the open.

"That's what you always say. What's your real reason?" I did the same as him.

"Isn't it obvious, Luna?" He chuckled.

"I'm sorry but you're talking to a girl that has a brain the size of a peanut, a mind like a two year old, and an attention span the size of a walnut. What are you trying to prove?" I said theoretically, but still I laughed.

"Nevermind" he smiled.

"You will forever be unfair" I looked at him.

"But you still love me, right?" He smirked.

"You're so full of it" We both laughed.

 

I looped my arm through his and laid my head on his shoulder, that's how we stayed until the ride was over.

 

Back at the hotel room, we already packed our bags.

"Luna.. aren't you gonna tell us?" Amber smirked.

"Tell you what?" I looked up.

"You and Jonghyun!" Sulli exclaimed.

"What about Jonghyun and I?" Like I said, attention span of a walnut.

"You two are getting.. more romantic by the minute" Victoria giggled.

"Huh?" I still don't get it.

"Girl, you're clueless" Krystal snickered.

"What?" I asked again.

"Nevermind!" They all said as they laughed.

"Okay, what's going on?" I eyed all of them.

"Nothing! Anyway, where are we going to stay?" Amber wondered.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, I borrowed my sister's vacation home near Wangsan beach" Krystal smiled. (this is actually not true. I just make things up XD)

"Jessica unni's?" Sulli questioned.

"Yup!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Nice" Victoria settled herself on the bed.

 

The next day, we headed to Wolmido and took a ferry to Yeongjong Island. It took us about ten minutes to get there.

"Finally! Some time on the beach" Krystal exclaimed.

"It's about time" I laughed.

 

As we headed to the house, we also stopped by Yaksuam Temple.

We settled in Jessica unni's house; one room for girls and another for boys. I don't how we all fitted in but maybe it's because the house was big enough.

"Nice house, Krystal" Amber said.

"It's my sister's house. There's a difference" Krystal grinned.

 

As lunch came, we ate together in the backyard. Vic-omma and Onew were the one's who cooked.

"It's still a bit early, what do you guys want to do?" Taemin asked.

"How about go to the beach?" I suggested.

"Obviously" Sulli chuckled.

"I'm serious!" I laughed.

"I want to do some beach related activities" Onew claimed.

"Like parasailing, and jet skiing, and what not" Amber mentioned.

"Exactly!" Key got closer to Amber.

"What did I say?" Amber filled Key's mouth with food before he could do anything else.

"We only have four days left, might as well savor everything" Minho smiled.

"Then spruce up and let's get going!" Victoria instructed.

 

And as Amber suggested, we did all those things it was a fun first day.

"You look y" Jonghyun smirked when he saw me in my swimsuit.

"Again, I will punch that ert disease out of you if you don't stop" I crossed my arms.

"Why not punch it out of those guys who are doing the same thing to the other girls" he pointed at the SHINee boys.

"That's their girlfriends. They're couples. WE" I put emphasis on the word we.

"Are nothing" I continued.

"Well, we could be" he laughed.

"You wish" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

 

The succeeding day, we went Island hopping, or should I say, beach hopping first.

From Eulwangni to Masiran, then we went Socheongdo Island and saw the different rock formations like the rock wich looks like a powdered woman, and the Baega-do Seondan Bawui which actually tells the story of a brother and his sister falling in love. We also went to see Baengnyeong-do Dumujin. I closed my eyes and listened to the waves come and go. It's a relaxing sound.

As a finale, we went to Eurwang-ri Nakjo. The touching glow of the setting sun feels and looks so great. A variety of strange rocks picturesque forest at the back of the beach, and beautiful sea are well harmonized

 

"It's nice to be out here, don't you think?" I sat on the beachfront and watched the setting sun with Jonghyun.

"Yeah, especially since I'm with you" he looked at me.

"Hey, stop joking around" I nudge him playfully.

"I'm not!" He chuckled.

"It really feels a lot better when you're here. It's been a while since I felt like this" he smiled.

"Jeongmal? That's good.. I think" I told him.

"You're not thinking about Luna, right?" I asked.

"Partly, yes" He said.

"At least you were honest about it. But you're not comparing me, right?" I questioned him.

"Not at all. Besides, you hate being compared to" he grinned.

"Good that you know" I laughed.

"I'd always know. Now, it's my turn to compare a little" he started.

"Don't you dare" I glared at him.

"I know everything about Luna, you're no different" he continued.

"You're gonna get it" I stood up and grabbed a bucket of sand.

"ANIYO! Not sand, anything but sand!" He yelled.

"You should've thought of that before you started comparing" I smirked.

"Okay, okay! Mianhae!" He coninued to yell.

"Too late for apologies!" I dunked the sand all over him.

"Aigoo.. Luna!" He stood up.

"That's what you get.." I was cutt off.

"Ooh" I started running when I saw Jonghyun glare at me and started to come closer.

"Apologize!" He shouted.

"Never!" I continued to run.

 

The very next day, we decided to just stay home; a break from exploring the past few days.

We spend some time together just playing in the house, bonding, watching movies, and what not.

There was his one time, we watched a horror movie and things got really close between us.

 

"Aigoo" I tightened my grip on Jonghyun's arm.

"Scared?" He smirked.

"Maybe just a little bit. That just shocked me. Have you seen this movie?" My voice was sort of trembling.

"If you're scared of this scene wait for the next" he told me.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Just watch" he said. I turned back to the television screen.

"Agh!" Us girls screamed. I buried my face on Jonghyun's shoulder.

"What did you let me watch that?" I slapped him while still covering my face.

"You're the one who wanted to watch this movie" he chuckled.

"I hate you" I mumbled.

"I know" he wrapped his arms around me.

 

As of the next day, we spent the day at the beach.

I watched as the others had fun. All of them went in couples again, and since I don't have a boyfriend, I stood at the background watching them and drinking my shake. I felt a little jealous of them. If only..

 

"Why so sad, Luna?" Jonghyun came up to me.

"Molla" Was it too obvious? Of course, I had a frown on my face.

"Let me rephrase that. Why are you not having fun?" He questioned me.

"I'm just not!" I said.

"How can I make it up to you?" He continued.

"Who knows" I leaned on the hut's ledge and watched the others again.

 

Jonghyun leaned back on the ledge and looked at me.

"What?" I eyed him.

He didn't say anything. I noticed that he had a water gun at hand and he bagan to squirt me.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"Come on, Luna. You're the one being the kill joy right now" he laughed as he ran away.

I chased after him into the ocean.

 

I was able to have fun that time. I was with Jonghyun again. He never fails to cheer me up when I feel down.

We met and suddenly we were in each other's arms. We got closer to each other until there was only a few inches that kept us locking lips. Before that could even happen, I grabbed the water gun from his hand and squirted him in the face. The chase was on once again.

 

As night came, we all huddled around a bonfire. Everyone sat with their partners again, and I with Jonghyun.

"Did you enjoy yourself" Jonghyun smiled at me.

"Thanks to you" I smiled back.

"Well, not to brag but" he started and I just chuckled.

"You should smile and laugh more. It's a sight and a sound to behold" he said.

"Kiss up" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious! I love seeing you smile and I love hearing you laugh" he explained.

"And I love how you make me do that" I grinned.

"You know, at first I thought coming to this vacation with you would be much trouble.. I guess I was wrong. In the end, I didn't mind your craziness" I told him.

"Craziness?" He asked.

"To me you were the crazy whack job, okay? No offense.." I said.

"Non taken. I think I kinda agree with you on that. Here I am thinking you were Luna" he continued.

"Yeah. But I was right about one thing" I don't know why I was monotonous when I said that.

"What?" He questioned.

"It's fun being with you" I looked at him.

"It's fun being with you too, Luna" he smiled.

I laid my head on his shoulder again.

 

We went back to the house and took our baths.

I couldn't sleep that night so I went out in the back yard and settled myself on the hammock, taking in the fresh air.

"Luna" Jonghyun smiled as he ran towards me.

"Jonghyun" I made room for him to sit on.

"What are you doing here at this time of night?" He sat beside me.

"You know.. clearing my head" I smiled.

"That's okay, I guess" he leaned back.

"So, how are you liking this vacation?" I leaned back with him.

"The best I've had in years" he grinned.

"Are you still stressed or something?" I faced him completely.

"Not as much as before.. but there are still some things I stress about" he told me.

"Like?" I questioned.

"Secret. Nothing you should worry about. I don't want to drag you into it" he smirked.

"You never tell me anything" I frowned.

"Maybe you need to listen" he said.

"I am listening, but you're telling me nothing" I continued.

"Actions speak louder than words, and sometimes.. you have to read between the lines" he explained.

"I'm not sure if I get what you mean" I said.

"It means.. I'm mostly stressed about you" he chuckled.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Let's see" he pondered.

"You spent your time with Kyuhyun when you were avoiding me" he said.

"But-" I started.

"Let me finish" he cut me.

"When I was finally able to make us a couple, you ran away" he continued.

"So? You were with Sekyung! I had the right to be with someone else" I rebuked him.

"If I wasn't with Sekyung, would you have went for it?" He asked.

"I don't know.. maybe?" I said.

"What if I told you that I already broke it off with Sekyung when I did that.." he pondered.

"You broke it off with Sekyung when you made us a couple?" I did air quotes on the word couple.

"Yeah.. A few days before that" he said.

"Third reason, you're so clumsy" he chuckled.

"Also, I'm moving away and I don;t know when I'll be back" he got serious.

"You're moving away? Wae? And how does that concern me?" I asked.

"Molla, ask my family. It concerns you because.. my whole life has been about you, Luna. It has always been about you.. me leaving you.. just the thought-" he shook his head.

"You don't have to explain.. I understand" I said softly.

"I don't want to cause you anymore pain, Luna" he reasoned.

"Lastly... I've been really stressed about this, or simply getting tired and staying up for it" he had a big smile plastered on his face.

"Here" he handed me a card whic is big enough I can't believe I haven't noticed it before.

"Now, before you read it.. Good night, Luna" he kissed my cheek and ran back inside.

 

Now you know who I am,

Forgive for I ran.

Whatever I feel,

I have to tell you they're real.

You're the only one who can make my heart tremble,

I'm sorry if I tend to babble.

When I made you and I a couple,

Maybe I was asking for trouble.

I haven't explained everything,

I'm now wearing thin.

Forgive me for causing pain,

I'm selfish for my own personal gain.

 

You're the only one I truly ever loved,

My love reaches the heavens above.

A singer and a dancer,

Wish I could've been your lover.

A girl filled with surprise,

No one can ever despise.

As we stood on that balcony,

I was waiting for you to accept me.

When you took care of me while I was ill,

I was wondering how you really feel.

My heart is yours to keep,

As me and fate take a leap.

Every second that passes the day,

I'd make you happy in every way.

You'll always be the girl of my dreams,

Always thought we'd make the winning team.

I'd give you comfort every time you're down,

If only I could always be around.

When I've gone,

Remember you're the only one.

 

"Why am I tearing up?" I thought as I walked back up to the girls' room.

I excogitated everything that Jonghyun said.

 


End of Chapter

 

Another lame poem yet again XD I'm sorry for that :))

This story is about to end :'