Perfectly Fine.. Riight

Second Chances

I was doing fine on my own until I bumped into someone.. Why do I keep bumping into someone?

"I'm so sorry! I'm just distracted" I bowed to him.

"It's okay.. umm.. Luna?" I looked at him, wondering why he knows me.. but then again it's no surprise 'cause it happens to me all the time now..

"Oppa! Is there something wrong?" a seven year old came up to the guy and held his hand.

"Luna, is that really you? It's me, Chung-Hee.. your brother? I can't believe you're alive! It's been two years, how are you alive?" Chung-Hee hugged me.

"Luna unni!! It's me Hana, you remember.. right?" Hana hugged my waist when Chung-Hee let go.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

"Hana! Where are you? I thought we're gonna play house?" Sunyoung called out.

"Oppa, have you seen Hana?" she asked Chung-Hee who was using his computer.

"I think she's playing with Hyun Ki in our backyard. You know how girl crushes are" Chung-Hee smirked.

" out.. I know what you're trying to say" I smiled anyway.

"Whatever" he laughed.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"I feel light-headed.. I should go" I was about to leave.

"Wait, you have to see mom and dad" Chung-Hee reached out.

"My parents doesn't live here. They're back in the States.. I'm sure you all miss YOUR Luna, but I'm not her.. I'm sorry" I continued to walk away.

 

I was perfectly fine until I caught Jonghyun's gaze.

"Luna! There you are, I was looking all over for you" Jonghyun ran to me.

"What am I? A baby who needs parental supervision. May I remind you that I just turned 20" I crossed my arms.

"Even if you're older than me, I can handle myself just fine" I continued, getting more light-headed.

"So you're not a baby, but I promised that I'll look out for you. I have to make sure that nothing happens to you" Jonghyun pulled me close and hugged me.

 

The hug felt kinda nice.. especially 'cause it came from Jonghyun. I was almost about to hug him back, but just decided to drop my hands to the side.

"You just don't want to lose Luna again. You're using me to fill your empty heart" he let go of me when I said that.

"You're dating Sekyung because she made you feel better after my death. But now you found me and you're just going to throw Sekyung away?" Did I just say MY death? What's going on with me? Nevermind, I just hoped he didn't notice.

"What if you found someone you love more than me? You're gonna throw me away too? I'm not Luna, she's dead! You should give up.. I bet Luna would be ashamed of what you are now.." I looked down.

"You know nothing about Luna!" He yelled.

"And yet you say that I'm Luna" I retorted.

"Because you are Luna, you just don't know it yet" Jonghyun claimed.

"If I did know it, and I'm not saying I do, what then? Are we going to live happily ever after? What of Sekyung?" I questioned him.

"Let me make this clear, when I was a little kid.. I dreamed I would meet my prince charming, and have a beautiful and happy life with him and have a family of my own.. Let me tell you, YOU'RE NOT HIM!" I thought I made my point but..

 

Jonghyun pulled me in and kissed me, a deep and long kiss. To tell you the truth, I enjoyed it a little. It wasn't that bad, I guess.

"Luna.." Jonghyun started.

"Yes?" I lost all my senses.

"Was I you first kiss?" He asked.

"Yes, and it wasn't at all romantic. In fact, it was swept away like the wind" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Good" he smirked.

"Good? How is that good?" I yelled at him.

"It means that I am you first kiss and WILL be your last" Jonghyun said as he made his leave.

"IN YOUR DREAMS!" I called out and went straight to 'sment'. It's time to practice 'LAchATA' anyway.

 

"Hey guys!" I entered the studio.

"You're back!" Sulli exclaimed.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I smiled.

"You ready?" Amber turned to me.

"Uhuh" I said.

"Luna.. Kyuhyun's been looking for you" Victoria smirked.

"He was here a while ago" Krystal added.

"You know we could spare some time, you can talk to him now if you want.. We'll allow you" Amber raised one eyebrow.

"Tempting.. but no. We have to practice!" I claimed.

"You sure?" Sulli was prancing around.

"YES! Speaking of Kyuhyun.. Amber! Why did you give him my number?" I shook her shoulders.

"Because... he seemed a bit desperate and I thought you would like him calling you" she grinned.

"Have you checked your phone? He seemed a bit worried when he was asking for you" Krystal said, so I checked my phone. True enough, there was a ton of messages and missed calls from Kyuhyun.

"Let's just practice" I didn't bother replying. Maybe that was cruel of me, but.. I'll try to see him later.

"Suit yourself. Let's start!" Victoria said enthusiastically.

 

I never got to see Kyuhyun that day. Memories from what happened with me and Jonghyun flooded in my mind and I just felt depressed.

I got my new apartment keys from Yongun  and returned the old ones. I pack up my bags and headed for the sixth floor, where my new apartment lies. Second to the left again.. Wait, this is where the SHINee and f(x) apartments are. Oh great, one step closer to Jonghyun..

 

One Week Later

 

I don't know why I haven't left my apartment. Depression taking over me, I guess. The times I do leave my apartment was when I would go practice with f(x). The music video for 'LAchATA' will be filmed shortly so, I do my best to make it to our practices. When I would go out, I made sure nobody saw me, especially Jonghyun. He doesn't know my whereabouts, since I changed apartments. It's funny how we live so close to each other but seem so far away. I've been thinking a lot... and I think Jonghyun's words are getting to me.

 

My phone rang. I quickly answered it before the caller hangs up.

"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone.

"Luna?" a strong, smooth, calming voice called out my name through the phone.

"Who is this?" I said flatly.

"I'm... not important. I haven't seen you in about a week! Is everything okay? You're not in your apartment anymore.." Said the voice in a worried tone.

"Who is this?" I demanded.

"Answer me first! Is everything alright?" he continued.

"I'm giving you one more chance to tell me who this is before I hang up" I was serious.

"Okay okay.. It's Jonghyun" he sighed through the phone.

"I'm hanging up now" I said.

"Wait! You said that if I told you who I was you wouldn't hang up.." Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Yeah.. I had a caprice" I ended the call. I know that I'm becoming lonely because of staying here in this apartment and I wanted someone to talk to.. but it can't be Jonghyun.

 

I was suddenly thinking again.. and I'm probably crazy because of this but.. what if I am Luna? What if I'm a reborned version of her and I'm here so that I could have a second chance in life? Am I supposed to find my way to remember Luna's past? This must be the craziest thoughts I've ever had but at least its better than banging my head against the wall.

 Well, the night is still young.. I should go out and clear my head. I made sure that no one was there when I walked out of the apartment. It was a total success. I made it out of the building without being spotted, well.. except for Yongun which I greeted.

I made my way into the park where I met the so-called angel, Sephia. I did my best to avoid that part of the park. I took a seat at one of the benches, and just took the energy of nature in me. It was calming.

 

"Luna.." Someone appeared before me.

"Kyuhyun.. what are you doing here?" I smiled.

"I'm supposed to ask you that.. I always come here during the night" he sat beside me.

"It's relaxing here.. I'm always at peace. The scene is just gorgeous" he stretched.

"The stars and the moon shining down makes it even more special" I added looking up to the sky.

"Exactly!" He smiled.

"By the way.. What happened to you this past week? You haven't returned my calls or replied to my messages.. and when I go to your studio, you're never there.. You got me worried" he looked at me with a sad expression.

"I don't know.. I was abducted" I was monotonous again.

"Really?" He had that a shocked expression.

"No, not really. I just wasn't feeling well, but I do go to the studio. You just don't go there when I'm present" I laughed.

"Oh, that was a relief... but quite embarrassing" he blushed a little and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

I could look at him like that every time but.. that's just weird.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay" he squeezed my hand.

"You shouldn't worry about me" I messed up his hair.

"I have reasons to.." he gently removed my hand from his head then he fixed his hair. I laughed a the scene.

"What?" he looked embarrassed.

"Nothing.. really. You know, you're a hypocrite" I said.

"Wae?" He looks perplexed.

"You said to me before that I shouldn't be embarrassed around you but you're the one getting embarrassed now" I smiled.

 

We talked again like we did the other night on the phone... but this time we're more aware of the time.

"It's 9 o' clock, you should get some sleep" he told me.

"You should too" I reached out to mess his hair again.

"Not this time, Luna" he stopped me.

"Just promise me that you're not gonna disappear on the face of the earth again, okay?" He smiled.

"I promise.. Bye, Kyuhyun" I took my leave.

 

I best be going to sleep. It's late anyway.

As I headed for the bathroom, I saw something that I haven't noticed before.. On the shelf near the bathroom, there was a picture frame. I walked towards the picture with my arms shaking because of what was in the frame. It was me and Jonghyun. No wait, this isn't me.. It's Luna.. but why do I feel like it's me in this picture? Forget it.. I'm turning nuts again. I looked closer at the picture. There was a bracelet on my wrist.. I mean Luna's wrist. The letter S and J was hanging there among the other beautiful charms. Somehow, I think S means Sunyoung and J means Jonghyun. Between those letters was a heart.

A memory popped into my mind.

 

xxOxx

FLASHBACK

 

"Happy Birthday, Luna" Jonghyun said, putting on the bracelet around Sunyoung's wrist.

"Each charm represents all the sweet memories we have together" he smiled.

"It's beautiful" Sunyoung teary-eyed. She knew that time that she was sick, she was being reminded that everything was going to end... especially her sweet relationship with Jonghyun.


"Take good care of my bracelet for me too. Do what you think is right for my dear bracelet. Remember when you gave that to me during my birthday? It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.. besides you, of course. Someone else deserves this now. Someone else deserves a great guy like you."

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

The last image that appeared.. It's my handwriting. I wrote that to Jonghyun... my death letter. AISH! Get a grip Luna! You're not her.. besides, Jonghyun probably gave that bracelet to Sekyung.. a replacement for Sunyoung in the letter S.

 

Well, it's time for me to take my bath. It's actually quite convenient that there were already toiletries in there when I moved in. Plus, they were the kinds that I use.. I wonder who was this person who rented this apartment. I got dressed in my usual pajamas.. but I still looked at the drawer and it was full of clothes that fitted me. I heard my phone ring. I went to check who texted me.. Kyuhyun.

Thanks for tonight, Luna. I hope you sleep well.

And no disappearing, okay?

Sweet dreams~

I smiled when I read his message. Then the most horrible thing happened. The door opened, I thought I was just imagining things, but then a dark figure came in. How'd he open the door? It was locked!

 

"W-W-WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I stuttered a little.

What have I gotten myself into?