Familiarity

Second Chances

"Hmm.. So this is Korea" the girl said as she looked out the cab's window.

"What brings you to Seoul?" The cab driver asked.

"My parents. I don't really know why they sent me here. I guess they just want me to experience their home country" the girl replied.

 

"Here we are, miss." The driver said with glee as they stopped outside an apartment building.

"Kamsahamnida!" The girl payed the cab fare and stepped out of the vehicle.

As the cab drove away, she surveyed the structure of the building. 

"Well, this is it! She entered the apartment building and went straight to the manager.

 

"Shillejiman, may I please have an apartment of my own?" She said to the manager who was looking down at his paper.

"Why of course, miss." The manager said while still looking down.

"Chamkkanmanyo!" The manager said as he searched for something under the counter. After a while, he handed some files to the girl. 

"If you could just fill this u-" he stopped as he saw the girl's face. He narrowed his eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" The girl asked.

"Don't you already have your own apartment, Luna? The one you share with your friends?" 

"What? Aniyo, you must've gotten me mistaken with someone else" the girl replied, surprised that this guy knows her name. Her NICKNAME!  

"Joehsonghapnida. The Luna I was talking about died two years ago. You look exactly like her, except for the blonde hair."

"Chongmallyo? Do you have a picture?" The so-called Luna was curious.

"Here" the manager complied and showed her a picture of "their" Luna.

"Whoa!" she looked at the picture much closer. It was a picture of a girl who looked like her with the manager. The manager laughed because of a memory.

"She was a very cheerful girl! She used to call herself "My Guide" "the manager continued.

 

As he said that, the girl experienced a big headache. She had a flashback of her memory.. only problem was this wasn't a memory of her past.

 

xxOxx

Flashback

 

Sunyoung just entered her apartment building and noticed the new guy sitting there at the manager's place.

'Anyonghaseyo! Chonun Lee Sunyoung imnida." She said happily to the guy, extending her right hand to him as if to shake hands.

"Chonun Kwon Yongun imnida" he smiled, taking Sunyoung's hand and shaking it.

"Nice to meet you! So what are you doing at the manager's place?" Sunyoung wondered.

"Actually, I am the new manager" he replied.

"What happened to the last manager? She asked still curious.

"Molla. No one tells me anything here" they both laughed at that.

"So you're new here from Korea?" Sunyoung didn't stop asking questions.

"Dae. I just moved here a few weeks ago" Yongun explained.

"Well if you need anything you can always come to me, 'kay?" she said.

"I will be your guide!" Sunyoung claimed, her stance like a soldier saluting.

 

Yongun actually laughed seeing her like that.

"Okay, soldier. I'm looking forward to that." Yongun smiled.

"See you then!" Sunyoung waved and ran to the elevator like she always does.

"Nice to meet you, Luna!" Yongun called out.

"You too!" Sunyoung's head peered by the hallway. Then she continued to run.

 

xxOxx

End of Flashback

 

That was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to her. Yongun seemed to notice.

"Are you alright, miss? Yongun asked, a little bit worried.

"I'm fine, Yongun." she said. Yongun looked a bit shocked for she knew his name.

"How'd you--" she already knew what he was gonna say so she thought up something quickly. She looked around and saw the sign where Yongun's name was embedded.

"The plaque!" she smiled a bit awkwardly.

"Anyway, it's crazy how she looks identical to me" she laughed while she filled out the form that was handed to her a while ago.

 

"Here yah go!" She said cheerfully.

Yongun took a look at the form.

"Hmmm. Her name was also Sunyoung. Lee Sunyoung though..." Yongun claimed.

"Uhuh. What a BIG coincidence." Sunyoung was a little freaked out.

"Good thing I'm Park Sunyoung, or that will be... really creepy." She grinned.

 

It was already turning into an awkward situation for Sunyoung.

"So.. may I have my apartment key?" She asked politely.

"Here you go, Luna!" Yongun smiled but realizing his mistake...

"I mean.. Park Sunyoung.. forgive me." Yongun bowed to her. 

"Ani, it's okay to call me Luna." Sunyoung smiled at him and grabbed her keys.

"What floor?" She asked.

"Net, and second door to the left." Yongun instructed.

"Okay, kamsahamnida. See yah around." Sunyoung said running to the elevator.

 

xxOxx

SUNYOUNG'S POV

 

As I saw the elevator, it was starting to close.

"Seyo! Hold the elevator." I called out to the two who were in there.. snuggling? Oh wait, it was just the girl getting clingy to the guy.

Thankfully the guy pushed the button to hold the elevator so I was able to get in. I pushed number four and stood at the left side of the elevator, far away from the "couple", and waited for the door to close.

"Komowayo" I said plainly without turning my head into their direction.

"Anieyo" the guy said.

 

I got a glimpse of them with a sideways glance... or at least I looked at the guy. He was also looking at me. I saw something in his eyes. Curiosity, and maybe... fear? That's a bit weird. Something about him seems familiar, but I can't tell since the girl he's with is like covering his face with her big fat head! I actually smiled at that, 'cause i just saw her cling to him more. Why did I just smile? Maybe it's because she's threatened by me. Fearing I'd steal her boyfriend.. Please! Boys are on the bottom of my priority.. 

 

And just as if she knew that I was thinking of her guy, she sweet-talked him. It took all my might to just ignore them. Outside, I looked so calm.. but on the inside, I'm laughing so hard 'cause it was just so pathetic and needy. Aigoo.. what have i gotten myself into.

 

For some reason, I feel jelous of this girl. I just felt rage! Hmm.. the girl was geting closer to him. I don't know what's happening to me. I tried to keep calm as much as possible. Soon.. soon this will all be just a distant memory, 'cause I am getting off this elevator.

 

"Sekyung, not here." I heard the guy say. So that's her name.

"Oh, come on. Nobody's watching." Sekyung insisted. I sideways glanced at them again, hopefully they'll notice my presence.

"She's here" I saw the guy nod in my direction. Thank you again, mysterious guy! Really, thanks for noticing.

She doesn't mind. Don't you, hon?" I can tell she was talking to me. How DARE she call me HON!! The NERVE!! Pull yourseld together, Luna!

"No, not at all! It's none of my business." I rolled my eyes.

"See?" Sekyung said, her attention all to the guy.

 

Finally! The elevator dorr opened. That was the longest elevator ride EVER! At least I'm out of that hellhole.

I walked towards my apartment door and fiddled with the locks a little.

"Need some help?" I heard the guy said who was still in the elevator. I didn't even turn to look at him.

"No thanks! I got it." I finally got to unlock the door.

"Say.. Have we met before? You seem familiar" he continued.

"No, If we have.. I would've remembered." I replied immediately. I still didn't face him.

"Oh"

"Yup." Well this is awkward. I started to enter the apartment.

"I'll just see you around" he said.. Oh God, why don't you just stop and let's just get this over with.

"Sure" I said casually and entered the apartment. I tried my best not to run and slam the door.. but I failed.. a little.

 

The apartment was... okay. Good enough for me since I'll be the only one living here. I should just look at this more positively.At least I'll never see those two again.. hopefully.


End of Chapter

 

Chapter 5 might probably get delayed.. i can't concentrate when i'm at home..

i usually do the writing at school..

you just have to wait a bit i guess.. i plan on doing succeeding chapters long.. hopefully it's long enough for you guys..