Fix-up

Elevator Girl

After a good lunch together and discussing over a few things, Irene and Seulgi decided not to tell Wendy and Bogum about what happened, not until things get cleared. Seulgi asked if she could tell her mom since she's been receiving texts  asking about her grades, Irene agreed to it since it's her decision. 

"What would you do if the reason for your grades was because someone sabotaged it?" Irene asks suddenly,

Seulgi laughs at her question, "You think someone would do such a thing?" Irene gives her a gaze saying 'Dont laugh, this is serious.'

"Well if you think about it, how could your grades suddenly drop? It's not like you've been failing. It's like a hidden character just popped in and secretly ruined your grades while you were all in break." Irene says with a serious tone,

"Don't think of this as a game, and besides if someone did do it then I'd probably get angry." Seulgi says as they already about to enter the campus, around them were other students. They were all busy doing their own things, studying or hanging out and doing stupid stuff.

"Probably?"

"Well, I don't know how I'll feel. Plus no one did this to me, it's probably some error."

"Oh, yeah. It's an error. So your grades is probably something not important to you." Irene says back at Seulgi, irritated that the bear was not thinking ahead of the matter.She can't just accept that her grade had become degraded.

"Irene, I care about my grades alot. I'm sorry if I sound very uncooperative right now but I'd rather focus on what's happening now. I may not look like it but right now I'm still scared. I'm wondering if what you did for me was just a dream and I'll wake up knowing I won't be ever to go back to this school." They were already on the floor on Seulgi's next class.

"I'm sorry, Seul. I'm just worried for you." Irene feels bad, because ofcourse Seulgi is afraid for her grades she's just very good at hiding it. Seulgi gave Irene a smile before heading inside her classroom but she was immedietly pulled back by petite arms.

"I promise you, that I'll clear things up. You don't have to be afraid anymore because you're going to finish schooling here and you're gonna graduate here with top grades." Irene gave Seulgi's arm a squeeze to reassure her before running out of the building.

"Make sure you don't do anything stupid!" Seulgi yells to no one since Irene had already left. Irene has done so much for her already, she doesn't want the older to trouble herself because of her problems.

________________________________

Irene was going to cross the street when she heard someone call her name. She turns around to see Wendy and Bogum walking towards her.

"I guess that you finished lunch with Seulgi. Where is that bear?" Wendy asks first,

"She's already at her classroom." Irene says softly,

"Wooww, she's earlier than us!" Wendy says with a laugh and Irene joins with her. Bogum however stayed silently not joining in what they were saying. Irene and Wendy did some small talk until they heard the bell ring.

"I hate that Seulgi is earlier than us and I don't want to see her making fun on how we're going to be late too. Unnie, thank you for taking care of our bear and as appreciation I'll give some Son brownies!" Wendy waves and was Irene was happy. She had heard from Seulgi that Wendy's baking was the greatest and she couldn't wait to taste them first hand. As Wendy made her way inside Bogum stayed behind.

"Noona, thank you indeed for taking care of Seulgi." He says with a small smile, "But you seem to take care of her too much for just a friend. What's your relationship with her?"

"She's my friend, a great one." Irene states proudly as if it was greatest thing to say. And Bogum sees that she really means it and continues talking,

"I'm amazed that you're here in Seoul, isn't the main building for Bae Industries in Daegu?"

"Oh.....well, I've wanted to move out. Plus there's a lot of things to see here that you don't see in Daegu."

"Like what?"

"Like a college student late for class." She laughs a bit and becomes quiet again feeling the awkward atmosphere. "May I ask why you're taking up law?"

"It's very important to me than taking over the business. And law seems like a challege unlike taking a business course because it doesn't matter if I fail or not I'm going to take over the company. Even until now, after I graduate I'm going to become a CEO. But atleast with law I get to do something besides doing papers and stuff, I'd be able to do cases."

"That must be tiring." Irene says but she is amazed by his idea and hardwork, taking up law and business was no joke. "Well I hope you do well." She smiles as she sees the light for pedestrian light go green. She says her goodbye and starts crossing when Bogum tells her "I'm going to succeed and I'll do anything to achieve it and I will be at the top. Success doesn't come in cheap, and especially not low." 

He probably meant that success does not go to those who are unworthy of it and those who have low standards. Success  is not given to those who don't spend/take a risk.You can't really blame him for thinking this way, he's been raised to think and believe he's higher than most people. Irene deciphered his words and that's what she thought he meant but her mind started spinning and out and before she knew it she was being pulled away by a strong force.

"What are you doing?!" She heard Bogum say with confusion. Apparently when her mind was giving her a had time the light had turned red and she was almost hit by a car. If it were not for Bogum she'd be dead. Bogum looked at Irene with worry,  she was crossing the road and suddenly stopped moving and the light has changed color and she still no sign of moving. 

"Hey, are you okay? What happened there?"

Irene didn't respond, she kept her palm on her forehead as a headache started appearing. She glanced up at Bogum which hurt her neck (he was like a head taller than her) so she focused instead on what he was saying but all the sounds were blocked and she couldn't undesrtand a thing..

"I-i'm fine." She says weakly which only worries Bogum more. She tries to stand up straight but ends up wincing.

"No, you're definitely not. I'll take you to a hospital."

"N-no. I'm really fine, see?" Irene stood properly and gave off a smile. She even gave Bogum a little punch on the arm. "I still have the strength to punch you."

"That was a weak punch." He says flatly, her punch didn't have any force in it. It was like a feather poking on his arm. "Noona, you're not fine atleast go back to your Suite."

"Fine, I will only if you go back to your class. You're already late."

"I wouldn't worry about that,  I'm more worried if you can cross the street on your own." 

"I can, so stop worry. I'll text Seulgi to tell you that I've arrived safely."

That doesn't seem to make him worry less but it does the trick to make him leave. Irene ends up having a hard time going back to Velvet Suite.

____________________

Irene had arrived in her room she dove right onto her bed being engulfed by the sweet smell of her favorite fabric softener. The smell and the purple color of her bed seemed to ease her headache by a bit. Only a bit.

Images kept popping up in her brain, and it was taking a toll on her. One fragment was her in high school with her friend and suddenly Bogum appeared and her friend became sad? This made no sense to her at all. But it was irritating her how this shows up (giving her a hard time) and it doesn't even help her.

So Irene picks up her phone hesitantly and calles a number.

(Irene is the only shown talking, the full convo of this phone call will show in a further chapter)

"Hi, I know I didn't call yesterday. I was busy." Her voice was stable but it came off a little bit weak. Irene hoped the receiver won't notice it.

"I'm sorry, I'll call you twice a day from now on. Does that sound good? Phew ok."

"Actually I have a favor to ask. Do you recall anything important happening when I was in highschool?"

"I know highschool was a long time ago but you have a better memory than me."

"Ahhh, sorry shouldn't have joked that. It's because....... I remembered something." Irene didn't want to tell this because in the other side of the line started to worry.

"N-no I didn't get a nightmare nor a headache. I'm fine it just came to me." Irene lied and it was obvious but the receiver seemed to drop it and allowed Irene to continue.

"Do you remember a guy named Park Bogum?"

"No he didn't hurt me or anything. He seems nice but why are you worried?"

Irene expression becomes sad and shocked.

"Really? Thank you so much. Don't worry I won't do anything stupid." Sheesh she's just like Seulgi, why do they think I'd do something stupid? Irene had heard Seulgi saying to not do anything stupid earlier. Irene ran at first but she already lost her breath after a few seconds and was able to hear Seulgi's words. Remind her not to run again it was quite troublesome.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too." Irene says finally,

Irene ended the call and was about to sprint out her room but she stopped, probably not a good idea to barge in into someone's class. She'll sleep and change before leaving after all she's got time to spare. Irene was about to snooze into dream land when she remembered to text. She texted Seulgi a short message before sleeping.

_____________________

*Ding*

Seulgi sees if that the professor is looking back which he isn't since he's too busy discussing, so she checks her phone to see a message,

 

​Irene, your friend :)

​​​​Hey. Pls tell Bogum thank u n that I made it back safely. I'll see u after class. ('▪')/

 

"Yah! Bogum, Irene says to tell you she's back safely and thank you." Seulgi whispers to her friend. He gives her a thumbs up in return. Seulgi's happy that Irene is becoming friends with Bogum and Wendy since the older has been telling her how she wanted more friends. Who wouldn't want to be friends with Irene? She's amazing!

But Seulgi did get a little jealous on how Irene was close with Bogum, 'if she becomes close friends with him will she still hang out with me? Bah! What am I thinking? Of course she will.'

Seulgi continued listening to class after putting away her phone. A few hours have passed and it was almost near time to leave, one more one hour lecture to go. But before the teacher could start he called out for Bogum. "Mr.Park may I ask you to go outside. Someone wishes to talk to you." Eyes followed Bogum as he left and Wendy whispered to Seulgi,

​​​​​​"Do you think it's because he was late this afternoon?"

​​​​​​"Nah, no way they'd call him out for that." They were just gonna ask what happened when he gets back.

___________________

When Bogum went out of the classroom he saw a small figure. It was Irene.

"Noona? What are you doing here? Are you feeling better?"

"Ah-I came to talk with you about something important. There's a room which they allowed us to use so that we could talk." Irene points to a direction where the room was, and Bogum smiled happily because Irene looked so cute right now. She changed clothes but she was still wearing a sweater and glasses, he couldn't help himself. He stook out his hand and patted Irene's head softly.

"Ahh.... Bogum please don't pat my head." Irene says as she looks up to him but he doesn't stop and he continues.

"You seem to like it though." Bogum smiles as Irene doesn't try to stop him but he does stop because they had to talk. So he lets Irene lead the way. Once they enter an empty classroom they sit down on the chairs and Irene starts.

"I know you did it." She doesn't face him as she talks.

"Did what?"

"Don't act innocent, you were the one that tried to ruin Seulgi's grades." She finally faces him and she meets the amused face of Bogum.

"No use beating the bush then. How did you find out?" He stands up and goes to the board and grabs a marker and starts doodling.

"Well, you seemed really down when Wendy mentioned about the grades and you didn't talk that much." Irene starts as she watches him write or draw something.

"That's not all now is there? You can't possibly figure it out with just that, no matter how smart you are. There's more." He urges her to tell him and she does so.

"I remembered, you did the exact the same thing in highschool not to me but to someone else."

"And you don't know who?" He turns to face her with a sad look.

"No, but I know that the person was a close friend of mine."

"That person must be so sad, that you can't remember." He says with no sadness or pity in his tone. Instead he said like he was annoying her, mocking her.

".......So you really did-"

She cuts him off, "Yes, but we're not here to talk about that. We're here so that you can fix what you did." Bogum stops doodling and moves away from the board and Irene sees that he drew a bunny with a sad look.

"Why did you do it? Didn't you learn not to do it again?"

"I told you didn't I? I'll do whatever it takes to be at the top and Seulgi was in the way so I brought her down. And I have to be in the top so that they can notice me, so that you could notice me!"

"But why do you want my attention?" Irene became a nobody when she went to Seoul she wants to keep it that way.

"Because I want to do your case, I don't believe that you just-"

"Shut up!" Irene closes her eyes really hard, she doesn't want to think but when Bogum started talking about the past she couldn't stand it.

"Are you ok? Are you remembering?"

"No, I'm just annoyed." She gives him a cold glare and Bogum knows not to talk any further or else he'll probably be murdered.

"Before you failed to bring down the grades of my friend, now you failed to bring down the grades of Seulgi." She starts going back to the topic at hand,

"Yes because she had friend named Irene. Who can't stand watching her friend hurt. There's no way you could just leave it be so you helped because that's who you are, sweet, nice, caring Joohyun." He smirks as Irene's eyes widen and glare at him.

"Why'd you change your name? Joohyun was a beautiful name."

"Well I'm not Joohyun and Irene is also a nice name. Wait..... stop talking about me this is about you!" Bogum was dodging the important matter.

"Well why should I confess? You fixed things already no need for me tell anybody."

"To get back her scholarship, she needs that and you just took it away from her." 

"But I won't gain anything if I do. I'll probably get be kicked out of the school....wait nevermind they won't kick me out (money has its way) but I will be looked down upon and I can't have that."

"I'll give you anything." Probably not a good thing to offer but Irene wanted to solve this quickly and she couldn't stand being in the same room as him any longer.

"How about a kiss?" He suggests,

"Just a kiss?" A kiss is probably a simple thing to others but this is Irene's first kiss and she doesn't want it to be given to a guy like Bogum. But if it's for Seulgi then no problem. Goodbye first kiss!

"Do you want more?" He laughs,

"No! One kiss is just fine. A kiss to fix things and not to tell anyone about me." Heck yeah, one kiss is enough!, "But why a kiss?" She asks, there's alot of things that he could have asked for, even if he's rich Irene had more than him.

"Back in highschool even if you were my senior no one was allowed to touch you, how much more to kiss you." He exclaims and mumbles "She would'nt allow anyone. Selfish ." Irene being sensitive to sound was able to hear his words and wanted to ask who he was talking about but he talked first,

"One last question I PROMISE! Why don't you tell anyone about this? Why are you hiding it, it's not like you need to." 

"No reason, they don't need to know and they never asked."

"You disappeared, there's barely anything about Bae Joohyun. People don't seem to care even!"

"Better this way isn't it, how do you think the press would say if I was found working at a gaming company?"

That's right, if you're anyone important people will judge you, everything you do. There's no such thing as private in a life of the Baes, the people would probably think bad and low of them if they were to know the eldest daughter of the Bae family were working at gaming company that wasn't even that famous.

Bogum starts making his way to Irene and is already leaning in with his arms around her waist when he stops. "Don't I get something else for not telling your secret? The kiss is just for the grades." 

'So much for promising.....'

"What do you want?"

"You'll see, I won't tell you."He leans in again capturing her lips.

_____________________________

Bogum enters the room with a slap on his face and his 2 friends wonder what on earth happened to him. But before they could start questioning him he told them he had to do something important and left them. Wendy and Seulgi went to pack their things since class has already ended, and they were heading to the restroom when a teacher came up to them.

"Seulgi, the principal wants to talk to you. Now."

Seulgi waves a goodbye to Wendy as the Canadian wonders what going on, Bogum left and now Seulgi was called. Hopefully nothing bad is happening.

When Seulgi entered the room she was told that there was an error and that someone had anonymously confessed of changing your grades. "We were given the real grades and it seems that you have topped exams, congrats for that. We will look for the person behind this but rest assured you have your scholarship back. Have a good day Ms. Kang."

Seulgi exited the room and tears started spilling out, it was fine, everything was going to be ok. In just in a day everything was resolved, she turns her head to see Irene, with her casual sweater and scarf, holding a paper that said "CONGRATS!" And Seulgi laughed and ran to Irene for a hug, a bear hug. 

"Thank you, I know you did this. Thank you so much." She couldn't stop her tears and she cried on Irene's shoulders. Wendy found them and was confused on what she saw, Irene said that she'll explain later but right now she had to get Seulgi back to the Suite. When they went to Seulgi's room Irene wrapped the scarf aroung Seulgi's eyes and told her to not move. Later Irene came back with a cake, it wasn't anyone's birthday was it?

"This is for your celebration for exceling in your exams!" They celebrated and ate the cake together. They ended up watching a movie when Seulgi started getting curious.

"How did you this?"

"Simple with my amazing detective skills I was able to pinpoint the evil doer." Irene pretends to be a detective, making gestures that made Seulgi laugh.

"Seriously though, I want to know." Seulgi then sees Irene's neck, "Why are you wearing your scarf still, are you cold? The AC isn't even on."

"No reason." Irene says as she pulls her scarf upward covering her whole neck now. So Seulgi decided to pull the whole scarf and Irene was neck was left bare, it looked normal until Seulgi spotted a mark. Irene tried to cover it and stood up but Seulgi was quicker she grabbed the hands of Irene and pulled her back to the couch as she looks at the mark.

"This wasn't here when we met this afternoon....are you with someone?" Seulgi asks, well Irene is older than her and she can be with whoever she wants and can do anything with her partner. But Irene acted as if the mark were a hindrance or a curse or something.

"No, this was just-uhhh." Irene coudn't come up with a story and it was no use she doesn't know how to lie and Seulgi is really good if someone were to lie or not.

"Did this happen because of me?" Seulgi asks sadly, did Irene get this because of me?

"No, no this isn't your fault at all it's mine! Really don't worry about it." 

"Then who did this to you?" And Seulgi was looking at Irene and Irene had to tell. If you could see the stare of Seulgi, it looked really serious and she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"B-bogum.....did." She says quietly but Seulgi was able to pick it up and she was shocked. She knew that they were becoming closer but to point of this?!

"You don't have to hide that you're with Bogum."

"What? No! Nononononononono." Irene says in a hurry and she keeps shaking her head and Seulgi was left confused. "There is no way I'm dating Bogum or even liking him. No. Nope. Nu-uh."

"Then why?"

"Seulgi, he was the one that sabatoged your grades." Irene says defeatingly, Seulgi deserved the right to know especially since it was one of her friends that did it to her.

"What? He did? Are you sure?" Seulgi doesn't want to believe in Irene's words after all Bogum was her close friend, he befriended her when she had to repeat a year.

"I'm telling the truth. I called him this afternoon, that's why he left class."

Irene told her the whole story but kicking out the parts about her past. And Seulgi believed her but she was left stunned and Irene didn't know if she should hug her or what. Irene said that the price for confessing was a kiss and that angered Seulgi.

"What?! He asked for a kiss, your first kiss?! That's unacceptable and incredibly low! But what's with the neck? Did he do more?" Worry was washing over Seulgi's mind like a typhoon.

"No, when he did this to my neck I slapped him." Oh that's where it came from.

"I'm gonna murder him whenI see him."

Irene laughs "Then you'll be jail, dumbo." She flicks the taller girl's head before going back to the movie that was left playing. She couldn't concentrate though, Seulgi told her what the principal told her and Irene hated Bogum even more. Coward, he was, to not even give his name to tell them he did it. The movie they were watching was a horror thriller, much to Seulgi's plea of changing the movie Irene convinced her that they'd watch any movie she liked after and that she'd treat her ice-cream later.

"Irene, the sounds too loud! Give me the remote, I want to lower the volume." Seulgi says as she close her eyes and ears but Irene doesn'g give it to her and only hugs the remote. "No way. You need to hear the sound or else you won't enjoy the movie as much."

"I'm pretty sure I'll love the movie if there was no sound." Seulgi opens her eyes and tries to take the remote from Irene but Irene was pretty strong because she had a strong grip over the device. And they were left with a tug-of-war, Irene pulled pretty hard which made her fall on her back. And with Seulgi's grip on the remote, she was also pulled but she was able to stop hersellf from landing on top of the bunny-like girl. But then that meant they were left in a position where their faces were too close to each other and they could look at each other. They both could feel the heat rise to their faces (and they both looked red) but before anyone could say and do anything they was a person inside the room as well.

"Seulgi? You should learn to lock your door." A woman in her early 40s went inside and she saw the 2 younger ones on the couch really, really close to each other. One was her daughter that she came to visit and the other was a very beautiful girl that she doesn't know. The 2 quickly fixed themselves.

"Ummm Surprise?" Mrs. Kang says.

.

.

.

 

_________________________________________

Here's that. Bogum is now not going to show up anymore in further chapters. XD

And the story continues, sorry for any errors!

What's Irene hiding? 

Find out later! :O