Starbucks and Good to see You's

Elevator Girl

People, or better yet adults, always said enjoy your time as a kid and enjoy your highschool days because you'll never get it back. Well too bad because Seulgi didn't listen, just like everyone else she wanted to grow up and get a job not knowing a thing about the hardships that would come. And now she knew, it was too late; she no longer had time to go and hang out with friends (except for Wendy), busy 24/7, and had countless sleepless nights. She wished she could go back being a kid and not care about the world because right now she had to study for her exams ( which was 3 days from now) and it was already 2 am.

*Ding*

The screen on her phone brightened showing a text and upon reading the name, a smile formed on her lips.

 

Irene, your friend :) sent a text

 

(SEULGI is bold and IRENE is italicized)

I hope yur not awake •-•

Nope I am :P For a person who always corrects my grammar and spelling your texts defies what you say

U know how tiring it is to txt prprly?! ×-×

Besides what r u doing awake so early?

I could say the same thing about you, I have exams coming up I need all the time I can get.

Overtime at work, so many bugs and stuff to fix in our game D: Sleep seul u need it and good luckkk on yur tests night (●~●)/

Night Irene (:

 

A yawn escaped Seulgi's lips and she finally decides to stop studying and take a good rest....which is like only a few hours. She couldn't wait though, once exams were over she could finally rest and relax, and Seulgi slept dreaming of summer and breaks she could get.

 

She entered her classroom seeing her classmates and friends already in their seats chatting away. She could only trudge her way to her chair all the way in the corner right. If you thought she was near the window, naw that's too cliche; besides Seulgi likes the back corner she could see everything in the back and she was seated right beside her best friend. And luckily for her it was a free period.

"Someone's late today" Wendy says not bothering to look at her friend.

"Yeah, yeah. I know I'm late, don't need to state the obvious."

"Mhmmm wasn't talking about you. Bogum's late today."

"Whatttt!!?? Mr. Perfect boy is late?" Seulgi exclaims in shock because she cannot believe her ears.

Park Bogum was one of Seulgi's friends in her class, he was nice fellow and was incredibly smart. He talks about business, studying, and punctuality and was never late or absent to class or any events until today. He was also pretty rich but he decided to go take up Law which suprised everyone.

"Yup and I doubt he's sick, poor boy would force himself to attend class either way." Wendy says putting her notes down recalling the memory of the guy who had a very high fever but still went to class but ending up fainting.

"I gotta mark this date, I'm never letting this go, he owes me a starbucks drink." And as she says this the same man they were talking about arrives. He made his way to his seat which so happened to be infront of Wendy and greeted the two girls before sitting down.

"Yo! Mr. Late, why are you later than me? More specifically why are you late?"

But he didn't reply, his mind was not in focus as you can see on his face. He looked shocked and confused. It wasn't until Seulgi kept snapping her fingers before deciding to flick his forhead did the man yelp in pain.

"Oww! Really Kang, you don't hold back what you throw." He says rubbing his forehead smiling towards Seulgi, with a tone that wasn't angry at all.

"That's what you get for not replying, now answer my question."

"Accidentally bumped someone when buying my coffee. My fault though so I decided to pay for another one but she kept denying me took me a long time to convince her and before i knew it I was late."

"Well hopefully you still have money cuz you owe me a drink bud." Seulgi says happily thinking of a free drink made her day and then they resumed classes.

The three students decided to eat out for lunch and take a drink in starbucks after; they arrived in cafe with the smell of coffee and the welcome of a cold breeze cooling them. They all ordered what they wanted and waited patiently in their table which was close to the glass.

Seulgi always finds sitting near the glass annoying, it distracts her everytime she sat there because people would just stop walking and look inside and it bothered her, so she sits near the walls far away from the glass and peering eyes. But today was a day where she was glad she sat there because outside was a girl across the street wearing a familiar hoodie and Seulgi (bless her good eyesight) could already tell who it was.

"Wendy, do you remember the girl I kept telling you about that moved in the building?"

"Elevator girl? How could I when you keep talking about her." Wendy chuckles at her words because it was true and she couldn't wait to meet the girl by the way Seulgi talked about her. "Why?"

"Wait, how come I don't know about this?" Bogum says confused on what they were talking about.

"Wendy fill him in, I'll bring her her, she's just across street. Wait for me." Seulgi says before sprinting out the door and crossing the street to get the girl and the 2 friends could only watch as they interacted.

From what they saw Seulgi went behind the girl and stole her glasses before covering her eyes. Right after she got kicked really hard on her leg and fell down before being picked up by the attacker who was apologizing nonstop till they reached the coffee shop.

Irene went to the counter and told Seulgi to sit down and she'll follow right after. So Seulgi sits back with her friends with happiness shining upon her.

"Her name is Bae Irene, be nice to her she's not the talkative type. And as much as I'd like to tell you more about her you'll find out yourself." But the people she was talking to weren't even listening they were just staring at the newcomer who was heading towards their table.

"Hi, my name is Bae Irene. Nice to meet you." She says quietly but enough for them to hear and gives them a small bow. But before she could take a seat beside Seulgi, Bogum stood up suprised and amazed etching on his face.

"Ahh, do you remember me?" He says pointing a finger to himself.

"Oh, um yeah, you were the guy from this morning. Thank you for buying me a drink but you really didn't have to. Here I'll pay you back." She starts getting her money from her backpack but Bogum holds her hands stopping her.

"No, it's ok it was my fault. I didn't expect you to be here. Not to mention to be friends with Seulgi here, small city we live in." They continued with some small talk until Wendy interrupts them

"Actually, it isn't a small city. So why don't you both sit down?" Wendy noticed that they were still standing. "Plus our drinks are here, yours too Irene." Bogum finally let's go of Irene's hands and Seulgi's eyes follow.

"Hi, I'm Wendy. Seulgi's best friend." And upon hearing best friend Irene's face automatically lights up. "I heard so much about you from Seulgi,  always wanted to meet you after."

"Good things I hope, besides Seulgi-ah here wouldn't stop talking about you either, I was afraid she'd replace me for the spot of bestfriend." She joked but ofcourse Irene didn't get it.

"A-ahh, I would never do that. You deserve to be her bestfriend. I'm happy just being her friend already." Irene replies quickly.

"Wendy, don't put -ah after my name, I'm older than you and so is Irene." Seulgi laughs a bit before she takes a huge sip from her cold drink and regrets instantly as she gets a brain freeze. Irene chuckles at the girls actions and places her palms against her forehead joking that it'll warm her brain.

They conversed for awhile, it was mostly the 3 younger ones talking tiIl it was time for Irene to go back to work. She said her goodbyes and denied Seulgi to walk her back across the street she huffed at girl saying she wasn't a baby and was older than her, and she could cross on her own.

After the girl had left, Wendy started asking questions. "Seulgi, why didn't you tell me that the elevator girl and you were friends sooner? You are friends with THE BAE. She is one of the richest koreans here! I couldn't recognize it at first but I do remember seeing her face somewhere."

"I don't get the fuss, does creating games really give you alot of money?" Seulgi says absolutely not understanding a thing. "Bogum, do you know what she's talking about? You're a rich boy who knows fellow rich folks."

"Y-yeah I do, she's the heiress of the Bae Enterprises. But I never heard of a Bae Irene." And Seulgi spits her drink once hearing his words, her drink and spit hits Wendy right in the face.

"What?! The Bae Enterprises?! What's she doing working as a game developer then?" Totally ignoring the last sentence Bogum said.

"Pleh, how should we know? You're the one who's been friends with her." Wendy makes a face when wiping it with tissue. "Gross, Seul."

"Let's go back to class, it's almost time." Bogum says standing up looking at his watch, "Cuz you don't want to be late again?" Wendy jokes and they all went back to campus laughing.

 

 

The day finally ended, Irene stretched and yawned as she left her work building. Being a game developer was hard and tiresome but the pain and sleepless nights are worth it when they get to enjoy what they're doing. When she recalled the day it was full of suprises: (1) she woke up late, (2) her drink spilled, (3) the higher-ups approved of the game and wished for faster results, (4) she saw Seulgi and spent her break with her and her friends, and last but not the least she had one more suprise.

Bogum was outside, waiting on the stairs staring at the night sky. She made her way to him, she was excited when she saw more people with Seulgi because it meant more interaction with others, she was hella scared but they turned out be good people and they weren't so awkward with her.

"Good evening Bogum, what are you doing here?"

"A-ah Irene, it's good to see you. Do you remember me?" He says turning around and smiling at the shorter girl and decided to take steps lower because Irene had to crane her neck up to look at him.

"Ofcourse, there's no way I'd forget someone I met twice today plus you're Seulgi's friend." And she could see disappointment in his eyes but was quickly washed away with his cresent eyes that matched his white smile.

"Mhmm, oh! I was taking another drink across the street and I remembered that you worked here and decided to see the building but it was closing already. And I ended getting distracted by the sky."

Irene looked up and indeed was amazed with the view, it was night already but the sky was lit up with so many stars. They shined so bright the city lights looked dull, and the mixture of violet and dark blue covered the night sky.

"Can I walk you home? You're Suite is on my way to my dorm."

"Sure." And with that short reply they both walked and talked along the way. Bogum ended up as the person to start all the conversations but he didn't mind. When they already infront of the lobby Bogim says once again, "It's good to see you again."

Irene couldn't help at chuckle at his words "We just saw each other hours ago." And waves him a goodbye before she hears him say one more time

"Nope, it's really good to see you again." He says shaking his head and Irene was starting to think of him as weird but decided to brush it off and jokes 

"Only good?"

He chuckles "It was really great to see you again."

She enters the lobby and end up smiling when she saw who was waiting for the elevator, no other than Seulgi. God bless elevators, if they didn't exist she wouldn't have met her and she would've died walking up the stairs.

Before Irene knew it, Seulgi became 'her' bestfriend, even though Seulgi was bestfriends with Wendy. But that's how she felt and with everyday texting and talking with Seulgi made her day. 'Friends are amazing.'

​​​​​​"Seulgi-ah, konbanwa!" She said tapping the girl on the shoulder while her other hand was pointing to her cheek so shen Seulgi turned her cheek got poked.

"Ehh, Irene? What did you say?"

"It means good evening in Japanese, Jisung taught me that." And Irene holds Seulgi by her arm and drags her inside the elevator.

*Ding*

They did their evening routine: they talk about each other's day and talk about anything after. So when Seulgi noticed that it was almost her floor she asked.

"Hey, how come you didn't tell me you multimillionaire?" Seulgi asked because to be honest she was still amazed. She started to feel insecure and afraid of what Irene thought of her.

"Ohh, you found out. I didn't feel the need to tell you. Would you act different if I told you about my status beforehand? I didn't want you not talking to me." Irene was answered with silence till Seulgi replied

"You're right I would act different but that doesn't change the fact that I would want to talk to you." Seulgi smiles and she continues

"How about we spend a day getting to know each other better? I want to know thinhs about you and not hear it from others." Which was the truth, they only know a bit of each other in the few months which saddens Seulgi upon this realization.

"That's a great idea. Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I have only morning classes. What about your work?"

"I'll ask for a day off besides I need one." A yawn escapes her lips.  Seulgi never noticed but Irene always yawns whenever they met and she looked at her face and noticed the dark circles under her eyes. 'Is she not sleeping well?'

"Hey are you okay? You look very tired." Seulgi says with a tone of worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll pick you at 12 pm then we'll eat lunch and hang out."

*Ding*

Seulgi didn't even notice Irene was still holding her arm till she let go and felt  warmth leave her, they said their goodbyes and Seulgi went to her room which left Irene alone in the elevator.

She was happy, no happy was an under statement, she was excited and overjoyed. She met with new people who could be her friends in the future and she'll get to spend the day with Seulgi (plus break from work). But most of all because of her answer, Seulgi wanting to talk to her even despite her status.

Most people she met the past year all wanted something from her for being friends, 'Such users'. And if they didn't get what they wanted they'd leave her. Some who knew her staus would think bad of her like 'She thinks she's higher than us' and 'She just wants attention.' Which of course wasn't true. And for those who did know her status would always be wary of her and ignore her if they could.

But her mind wondered to Bogum. He kept repeating the phrase "Good to see you again." Like he knew her .She didn't know if she should be weirded out about it, afraid if it, or ignore it.

'Maybe he knows something.'

 

 

 

_______________

Ya'll, im sorry for takimg long to update i was busy.

I pray that I can do better to reach your expectations so for now enjoy this chapter. Forgive me for wrong grammar and spelling. :))