Pick Me Up

Elevator Girl

It's almost the end of summer for Seulgi and Wendy, they spent their remaining days hanging out and going places. They were able to go around the city and explore areas where they couldn't go. And this was all thanks to Irene.

How?

.

.

.

*Ring *Ring

Irene woke up from her desk and searched for her mobile device that kept seeming to irk her. She accidentally knocked over some Coke cans in the process muttering a small sorry to no one. She finally found the phone under stacks of papers of character designs.

(Seulgi is BOLD and Irene is ITALICS)

"Hello?" Irene answered the call groggily, stifling a yawn right after. She didn't bother to check who called and resumed to closing her eyes.

"IRENEEE~!" A loud yet charming voice was heard. Making Irene move the phone away from her ear to prevent any more damage to her ear drums.

"No." Irene did not want to deal with this right now for she already knew what the caller wanted from her.

"But I didn't say anything yet" Irene imagined the person pouting on the other side (which is true).

"No means no, do you have any idea how much gas and money I spent for you?" 

Yes, gas and money spent for the certain bear so if you add it all up. That means:

2 college girls + time + (gas + _____) = Best Summer

Gas + money + _____ = Irene is the best

_____ is equal to car!!!

​​​​​"Please. I just want to go to the mall, there's a few things I missed for the requirements I need this school year."

"Walk there yourself, I don't intend to become your driver without even getting payed. Now let me go back to sleep." 

"We'll stop by the game store and get you're favorite coffee. Plus we can go to the grocery to pick up your favorite fabric softener." Seulgi offered. Well more like baited.

Irene huffed in annoyance for the latter had figured out her weakness. It took her a few seconds before replying.

"Fine, you promise if I pick you up we'll get coffee, go to the Game store, and you'll pay for the fabric softener?"

"Cross my heart."

"Okay, ask me nicely first."

"Irene-unnie-" Seulgi started,

"Don't call me unnie." 

"Irene may you please pick me up?" Seulgi made sure to say may, she learned to use proper grammar with the fake four-eyed girl or else she'd make a snarky comment about how she could do it but it doesn't mean she would do it.

"There are 3 views in this world." Irene said,

"Uhh what?"

"There's the front view and the side view. You wanna know the last one?"

"I don't know why this is connected."

"I love view." *I love you*

And with that Irene hung up and left a very confused and warmed cheeked bear. She was left stunned and started talking back to the phone until she finally noticed that Irene actually ended the call. She re-dialled the bunny and it took 5 rings for her to answer. 

"What?"

"Yah! What was that?!"

"You asked me to pick you up and I did." Irene stated matter-o-factly.

"Yeah? With a pick-up line!"

"Do you want another one?"

"Wha- no!"

"Then prepare your money because you're paying. I'll fetch you soon *yawn* just....let me....sleep....."

"Irene we have to go to the mall now..."

"..."

"Irene?"

*beep*

 

"Aishh this girl!" Seulgi said frustratingly to nobody as she waited in the lobby for Irene to come.

__________________________________________________

In the car

"You better make the trip to the mall worth while because I really am tired and it's not safe for the driver to be sleep deprived." 

Seulgi turned the volume of the radio up, Day 1 by Red Velvet is playing. She turned to face Irene and she indeed looked very tired. Work must be stressful and tiring, this makes Seulgi scared of getting a job.

"Well I was Irene deprived. I haven't seen you since like forever." Seulgi exaggerated by flailing her arms around to make her point.

"Forever as in 6 days ago." That time Wendy and Seulgi asked Irene to drive them to the beach which Irene only complied because they treated her      ice-cream, seriously these kids bribe her too much. Well much more like her falling into the tricks.

"6 days is really long."

"True. Now stop talking to me it's bad to distract the the driver."

"I'm trying to keep you awake or else we'll get into an accident. Knock on wood." So instead of talking Seulgi proceeded into singing which Irene found very mesmerizing and more distracting (a good distraction) than her talking.

Once entering the mall Seulgi dragged/pulled Irene by the arm to the coffee shop. They decided to seat down and wait for their orders.

"Can't I just stay here while you buy your stuff?"

"But I don't want to walk alone... how about this if I can make you smile you have to come with me.

"That's unfair. It's too easy for you, you always bring a smile on my face."

"Well I'm very happy to know I can do that to you and that this will be a piece of cake." Seulgi exclaimed happily,

"Okay, 'A' or 'P'?"

"Why? What's this?"

"Just pick a letter." Seulgi was jumping in her seat ready to get her revenge. Irene could see a mischievous smirk forming on Seulgi's lips.

"Fine, 'P'"

​​​​​​"Are you a tower?"

​​​​​​"No, I'm pretty sure I'm human."

"Because Eiffel for you."

​​​​​"..." Irene ​​​stayed shock for awhile before a small smile formed on her face. She could feel her cheeks getting heated but she quickly acted like nothing and laughed.

Well Seulgi was happy she succeeded in her plan. If Irene got to say a pick up line leaving her stunned then she deserves the same. It worked for awhile Irene smiled a little after so double success but maybe she succeeded too far because Irene started laughing. As much as Seulgi loved the latter's laugh she questioned why she was laughing.

"Uhhh... did I say it wrong?"

Irene let out a high giggle,"No, you did perfect. It was cute but *hahaha* it was quite funny. You said it with so much confidence. You win. I'll walk with you. Now get our order I feel like they already called us."

_________________________________________________

With one hand wrapped around Seulgi's arm and her other hand holding her coffee, they both headed their way to the store. Seulgi would walk around pick up some papers, notebooks, and pens. She'd also ask Irene's opinion on the materials she's chosen.

"You got a notebook with a pringle design?" Irene looked at the said thing and at Seulgi with a 'really?'-look. 

"What? It's a nice design. Plus it's just for taking extra notes in class and lectures. It's not like I'm gonna show it off."

"You would if you could." Irene says before returning her attention back to whatever she was holding.

"Haha! That's true. Pringles are the best." Seulgi then turns her gaze unto what object Irene was holding. A book titled "The Little Prince."

"Isn't it a children's book?"

"Yup and no. It's for every age plus its a great book. A kid wouldn't understand the meaning of the book and just think it's some kid's adventure. When in fact it's so much more. The prince's perspective of life is so different from those her met, and he finds the-

"Let me stop you there. I don't want a lecture about the book. I'm gonna receive a bunch of talks at the University already. Are you going to buy a book?" Seulgi says as she raises her hands. Irene just shakes her head.

"No, I've got tons of books I haven't read yet. Are you done though?"

"Yup. Lemme just go pay." Seulgi makes her way to the cashier and pays. "Irene let's go!" She calls out. But she gets no reply, so Seulgi went back to where she last saw the older girl. Only to find nobody, she looks around and notices that "The Little Prince" book has fallen on the floor.

"Haish! Irene can be so clumsy." Seulgi picked up the book and was gonna return it to the shelf when a paper slipped off. A small purple paper that read:

Find me! :))

'And how the hell am I gonna do that? This mall is huge! And does she keep purple paper with her?' Seulgi said in her mind.

Seulgi decides to search her surroundings and when she finds nothing she decides to head out from the bookstore. And she sees something sticking to the wall. Another purple paper, more specifically a purple post-it.

Bear. Find me at a place where its cold.​​​​​             P.S. I knew you couldn't find me quickly so I put up more post-its aroud the mall. 

Well, a clue! But the problem is the whole mall is cold!!! Now we'll have to be more specific, choices are:

A coffee shop: but we've already been to one

The movie theater: but there's no movie Irene likes that's showing

A bookstore: nope she just said she didn't want to buy a book

.

.

.

"Aaaaah! How am I supposed to find you?!" Seulgi exhales as she pulls her hair in frustration. It's already been an hour and she still hasn't found Irene. Plus she's getting quite worried, she hasn't texted or called.

"Excuse me." A girl tapped Seulgi's shoulder.

"Uhh yes?"

"Are you the one she calls 'bear'?"

"Uhmmm I guess?"

As she says this the random girl hands her a purple paper. "A girl came up to me and said to give you this if I see you. She described you as a clueless looking bear. She paid me to make sure I'd give it. She actually gave these to alot of people." As she finishes she says her goodbye and wishes luck for Seulgi to find her girlfriend. 

"She's not my girlfriend!" Seulgi shouts. She finally reads the paper.

Bear, you're taking too long! I'm where you can rest, sleep, and go to a nice comfort room. People also come her for help. 

"That's not really helpful. I at these! Wait she said she gave these to alot of people?" There seems an event nearby that hasn't started yet and asked the ones in charge if she could borrow the microphone. Luckily they agreed.

"Umm. Excuse me, can have your attention?" Everyone turns their heads to Seulgi. "If you received a purple paper thats for 'bear' can you please raise hand." Everyone raises their hands showing the purple paper they've been given. Seulgi stood embarrassed as she asked them to give it to her.

After getting most of the papers and a goodluck from the people, Seulgi finally found where Irene was hiding. She headed her way to the CUSTOMERS LOUNGE. When she entered she noticed the nice couches and seats. She could feel the new, cool, cold air kissing her face. A staff member went towards her and asked is she needed any assistance but Seulgi quickly declined and told that she was looking for someone.

And she then saw Irene on the couch and she didn't seem to notice the bear's presence so Seulgi decided to sit beside her. Only to find out that she was sleeping.

"You must've been pretty tired. Sorry for making you come with me." She brushed the sleeping girl's hair to the side. Seulgi did not have the heart to wake her up so instead she moved Irene's head to lay down on her shoulder.

'Hmm. Her head fits perfectly on my shoulder.' Seulgis smiles at the thought and soon follows the older one to sleep.

___________________________________________________

"Yah! Wake up!"

A voice disrupted Seulgi's sweet dreaming. She opened her eyes to find herself in a moving car. She seemed to be seated at the backseat, she slowly got up from a sleeping position to sit up. She doesn't recall ever entering car and so her imagination got the best of her.

'I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!' And she immediately eyed the door handle. But an angelic laugh broke her train of thought and turned to see Irene in the driver's seat.

"Stop laughing, I was really scared!" Seulgi hit Irene's arm but the latter continued to laugh.

"You should have seen your face! Forget scared,  you were frightened." Irene laughed harder when she recalled Seulgi slowly waking up confused and then her face changed into one of horror so quickly. Irene saw her expression through the mirror, not that Irene was watching Seulgi or anything (that's what creepers do and Irene isn't a creep) she was just checking if Seulgi was still sleeping that's all.

"I thought I was kidnapped!"

"The right word is abducted but I agree, you are a child. But I did not kidnap you, I woke up and found you sleeping. I didn't want to wake you so I carried you back to the car. Well I say carry what I mean is dragged. One step while you were on my back made me die."

"You carried me?" Seulgi asked while Irene simply nodded. "That must've been tiring."

"One of the worst times of my life. People kept staring at me. You are very heavy."

"Did you just call me fat?" Seulgi said playfully while glaring her eyes at the driver.

"No. You're actually quite fit. I'm just weak and light so you're heavy to me. We didn't stop by the game store or pick up my fabric softener so you're getting a punishment." Seulgi apologized and accepted to receive the punishment.

"If I would receive a coin every time I think of you. I'd only have 1 coin."

Seulgi knew this was a pick-up lime so she was confused because she said it wrong. "Isn't it supposed to be 'you'd be rich' because you think of me all the time?"

"Nope, only one coin. Because you never left my mind."

Seulgi did not reply as she did not want to give Irene satisfaction with her reaction but failed since Irene could see her cheeks turn red.

"By the way where do you want to go?" Asked Irene.

Seulgi told what street to go and said she'll lead from there. Irene listened and followed Seulgi's directions and found themselves at an arcade building. Irene was so excited and happy but that went down the drain when she remembered all the people that would also be there.

After parking the car Seulgi asked if she could blinfold Irene's eyes."But I already saw where we are." Irene said but nonetheless allowed Seulgi to wrap the cloth around her eyes. Slowly they entered the building and Irene could hear all the sounds of all the games. But what confused her is that that's all she hears, no screaming of kids, or cheering of teens, or curses from adults. And then Seulgi took the blindfold off. What she saw was Seulgi, Wendy, and Taeyong standing before her.

"We didn't know if we should raise or arms or like clap...." said Taeyong who had his arms in the side.

"I told you we should have gotten a banner or party poppers." Wendy said as she elbowed Taeyong.

But Irene was still confused so Seulgi was the one that explained. "We wanted to thank you for everything you've done for us. So we rented the place and don't worry Taeyong cleaned the controls of the games so it's not dirty."

"We helped!" Wendy said happily.

"If you call 'standing around and eating' helping. Then yes they helped." Said Taeyong while both girls glared his way.

"B-but this must've cost alot." Irene whispered, she knows Seulgi isn't rich and even with Wendy and Taeyong's help they couldn't have possibly paid.

"Jisung actually helped alot." Irene widened her eyes at to what Taeyong said. "You let him pay?!"

"Wha- nonono! Jisung has friend who's actually super rich and insisted in helping. Plus Jisung and his friends will go here later to play also. But right now let's just start, so what do you want to play first?"

"Basketball!"  "Mortal Kombat!" Wendy and Taeyong said at the same time. While they were arguing, Irene back hugged Seulgi. "Thank you." She said lowly but Seulgi heard. Seulgi faces Irene and gave her eye-smile, "What do you want to play?"

"Air hockey."

"AIR HOCKEY LET'S GOO!"

Before Seulgi could take 3 steps Irene stopped her and kneeled down. Seulgi looked confused but turns out Irene was tying her shoe laces.

"Can't have you falling for someone else now can we?" After she was done Irene went to the others leaving Seulgi blushing for the nth time that day.

___________________________________________________

They tried all the arcade games available and each one Irene won. Wendy and Taeyong took bets on who would win. Taeyong ended up losing his money to Wendy.

"You're the one who's supposed to be Seulgi's  bestfriend, why aren't you voting for her?" They watched as Seulrene were playing a gun game. 

"That's exactly why I didn't vote for her. I'm her best friend and I know that she at games." Laughs could be heard from the other two as they conversed. "Hey, let's play DDR!!!" Taeyong pointed to the step-dancing machine. After finishing their game, Seulgi died early so Irene finished it by herself, they went and picked the songs they wanted to play.

Taeyong and Seulgi were the first ones to dance while the other two sat down.And Wendy and Irene were amazed as they watched them step in sync with each other and the music, it was as if the arrows were following them rather they trying to be the ones to step in time.

"Your turns now!" Wendy stood up and picked an easy slow song while Irene stayed sitted on her chair. "C'mon Irene-unnie, let's dance and show them whose better!" Wendy beamed.

"No thanks,  I at that game. I'm happy just watching." Irene replied, so Taeyong danced with Wendy instead. After a few more songs Irene asked if they wanted drinks; after receiving their orders she went outside to a vending machine. But after a few minutes Irene hasn't returned so Seulgi said she'd get her.

"She probably can't hold them all." She left as they switched to guitar hero. She went out of the building and saw drops of rain. "I hope it doesn't rain hard. We didn't bring umbrellas.... maybe Irene did." She recalled Irene having 2 umbrellas with her when they first met, the memory made her smile. She went to the vending machine and saw Irene sitting on the bench beside it, she saw that Irene had no drinks so she assumed that she didn't buy it yet.

"Hey, you ok?" Seulgi asked as she sat beside Irene. "We were waiting for you." Irene seemed to be lost in her thoughts and when she heard a voice she looked alarmed and blinked a few times.

"I'm sorry, I made you wait. I still haven't bought it yet." Irene tried to stand up but Seulgi held her wrist gently pulling her down.

"No, we don't mind the drinks. We were worried about you." Seulgi looked at Irene and knew she was debating with herself. Irene had something to say and needed someone to hear it. Seulgi squeezed Irene's hand to assure her that she'll listen.

"You're brave, Seulgi. And I like that about you. You do what you believe and you say whats on your mind, you're not afraid. You told me your problems without hesitation....why?" Irene didn't face her instead she looked up at the drizzling sky.

"Do I need to have a reason? You're my friend, a close and great friend,  I trust and believe in you, I have nothing to hide from you." Irene smiled with her words and finally faced Seulgi.

"I can't be as brave as you. I can't make friends, when I faced Bogum I was scared out of my mind. When I got a lawyer for you, I didn't want the public or anyone to know that I was the one helping you. I didn't even enter the court room when you needed my support until the last day, and even then I sat at the back."

"And that's fine. You don't have to be as brave as me, you don't have to compare us. You-" Irene placed her finger to Seulgi's lips.

"You said you have nothing to hide from me so I should do the same. I'm gonna start being brave. Seulgi...."

As the rain started pouring down hard Irene took a deep breath and looked determined to say it. She didn't know if it should be a big deal or not.

"I have amnesia."

 

 

 

________________________________________________

Ta-da! I'm sorry it took long.  Thank you for 240 subscribers and all comments and upvotes. You guys are the best. I'll continue doing me best for you all. Forgive my wrongs. Ta-ta~! :))