Hella Happy

Elevator Girl

A girl was lying down on her bed staring at her phone, anticipating something that should be happening how many minutes ago. Waiting for a few seconds she decided to throw her phone beside her and get up to get dressed. But she laughs as her phone starts to ring, she let it ring 5 times before picking it up.

”Hello?”

”Yah! You did that on purpose!” The person on the other side referred to the late pick up.

”That’s what you get for not calling on time. Tsk tsk. How am I supposed to wait for your ‘good morning’ call when you can’t even wake up early?” The girl questions.

”I’m sorry.” A whine was heard.

”I’m just kidding Seulgi-ah, good morning~!” Irene was smiling wildly as her girlfriend replies a good morning back. It was a Sunday today and thank goodness because Irene and Seulgi were stuck in the elevator for an hour before someone could come get them. After all who was awake that late at night?

Seulgi dropped Irene off at her floor and told her that she’d call her every morning and vice verse depending who woke up first (most likely Irene) but Seulgi insisted that she’d be the one to call her first the next morning. Thus leaving Irene waiting for her call at her bed.

”As much as I like these calls wouldn’t it be better to just go to each other’s places after all we live in the same building?” Irene says. And as if on cue a knock was heard at her door, she shakes her head in laughter as she walks to her door to only find her girlfriend on the other side.

”Ta-da! I’m here.” Irene ends the call as she gives the taller girl a warm hug and pulls her inside. They end up on the couch as they get comfortable cuddling. Funny how it’s only their first day together and they’re acting all giddy and like highschool teenagers that finally got their crush.

“Do you want to eat?” Irene asks but Seulgi who buried her face at Irene’s neck and hair responded muffled words that only tickled her. This gave Seulgi an idea, she moved her hands to Irene's waist and tickled her. Irene's laughs were so loud and tears were coming out of her eyes, Irene elbowed Seulgi so that she could get away from her grasp. She was gasping for air and her sides were hurting from all the laughing.

"Curse those who aren't ticklish." Irene mumbled to herself as she gets up to go to the kitchen with Seulgi following right after. "You know I'm this close to not giving you food for tickling me. But you haven't eaten yet and you had to go up just to come to me. So be grateful."

"Aye aye!" Seulgi gave a playful salute before watching Irene do all the cooking. Irene was busy cutting up some vegetables when she felt a pair of eyes staring at her.

"You know, there are better things to do instead of watching me." Irene says but she doesn't look at the younger girl.

"There isn't. I like watching you." Seulgi gave off a grin which Irene saw.

"If you weren't so darn adorable I'm pretty sure that would sound super creepy." 

"So you find me adorable?"

"Yeah." Irene raises a brow, who doesn't find this bear adorable. But the next thing she saw was the bear engulfing her in a hug which was sweet and kinda awkward since Seulgi had to bring her body over the table separating them.

"Can I ask you a question?" Seulgi asks and she receives a nod from the older girl.

"Are you happy or happy?" Seulgi was referring to the whole thing, happy that they're together, happy that she chose her, happy with what she has now.

"I'm happy." Was the reply and Seulgi frowned upon her answer.

"What?"

"You're supposed to answer in a exaggerated way." 

"Like how?"

"Like you're very happy, super happy, hella happy!" Irene laughs as Seulgi tries to gesture with her hands how to exaggerate.

"Okay then. I'm super duper, ultra mega, tremendously, extremely happy." 

__________________________________________________

The couple were sitting down on the living room floor staring at the Irene's fish tank, watching the fish swim back and forth in that small, water filled box.

"Can I ask why you were late yesterday, it can't be just because of traffic. Yeri told me that you went out to meet Joy." Irene sat between Seulgi's legs and Seulgi was backhugging her.

"Ah so you helped in the 'pick one' plan. Is that why you texted me?" Irene questions.

"I didn't understand at first, Yeri just told me to text you. And then after a few hours I got why she told me to do it. So do you want to tell me what happened?" Irene moved closer to Seulgi as if preparing to tell a long story.

"Well, I went to Joy first before I came to you." Seulgi felt a bit heartbroken with what the older girl said.

"But it was just to say sorry. I thought really hard about my decision and then.... I realized that what I felt for Joy was mainly because of familiarity. I felt comfortable with her, I felt like Joohyun when I was with her. I liked that feeling and I normally didn't like it when people wanted me to be Joohyun, but then I noticed that my 'like' for her was because of the past, I kinda felt like that I had to like her." Irene squeezed Seulgi's hands.

"What I mean is, I only like Joy and I don't think I will stop liking her, but I love you. Joy makes me happy, but you make me hella happy." Irene turns to face Seulgi and kisses her cheek. Seulgi sighs with happiness as she starts to play with Irene's hands.

"Let's go out." Seulgi states.

"I don't wanna!" Irene shakes her head.

"C'mon homebody, it's time to leave." Seulgi moves up and carries Irene bridal style.

"Y-yah! Put me down, Seul. I'm not going out and you can't make me." The smaller girl was struggling as Seulgi was already walking towards the door.

''I am literally carrying you right now." Seulgi laughs.

"F-fine can you at least get my things."

"How can I if I'm carrying you?" Irene signals Seulgi to drop her and the younger girl complies. Irene walks behind the taller girl and jumps on her back, although shocked, Seulgi was able to catch Irene.

"Piggyback ride!" Irene says with glee.

"Go to my room, my stuff are on the table." Seulgi follows what she's told and heads to Irene's room. But as she looks around she doesn't see the older girl's things and when she noticed she's been tricked, Irene jumps off her back and quickly goes under the covers of her bed.

"Irene....."

"Can we go out later, we just ate like awhile ago. Let's stay here for a few more hours, please?" Her please wasn't one where you use to get what you want. Instead her please was genuine and polite. 

"Fine." Seulgi fakes a sigh as she makes her way beside Irene. "Are you tired?" She asks the smaller girl.

"Yeah. I woke up extra early incase you'd call me but I forgot that you're a bear that hibernates. Let's sleep?" Irene was already closing her eyes as she feels Seulgi wrap her arms around her.

"Sure." 

___________________________________________________

*Grumble~

"That's what happens when you go to sleep at 11 o'clock and wake up 4 hours after." Irene was cooking some meat as Seulgi was whining about being hungry.

"You're the one that said we should sleep! I don't get why I'm the one suffering when I just followed what you said." 

"Hey, I did try to wake you up. I woke up 2 hours earlier and no matter what I did you didn't seem to budge, so I let you sleep." Irene had to resort to splashing water to the younger girl's face once she noticed the clock striked 3. Seulgi woke up startled and explained to Irene that she had a dream that she was drowning and later noticed that she was head to toe wet.

Seulgi was angry at the older girl for waking her up this way when she could have done an easier and safer way like pinching her or something. While Irene retorted that she tried every way possible and she was the one that had to suffer from this because now her bed was wet. After saying what they felt, a moment of silence passed between them, and laughter was heard after. Their first fight already, and it was about this? It ended with 'I'm sorry' and a good old hug between the two. Now they were in a restaurant with Irene cooking their very late lunch. 

"Less wach a mobie affa." Seulgi said with full and Irene glared at her, "Don't talk with your mouth full."

"I said, let's watch a movie after. There's this new movie about these two people who switch bodies and they're from different cities. Too bad it's in Japanese though, we have to read subtitles." 

"Really? Sounds interesting. But I also saw this new release about a girl who died and they can't identify who she is, and they have to do an autopsy to determine her death." 

"Ooh, doctor stuff, that's cool!"

"There's supernatural stuff included." Irene added.

"Ack! Horror, it's horror." 

Rock Paper Scissors was the only way to decide.

"1." They said together

"2."

"3!"

Irene threw out paper while Seulgi threw out rock. Even before it started it was obvious who was the winner. Irene was raising her fist in celebration while Seulgi was eating her meat in sadness. "Horror! Horror! Horror!" The older girl cheered.

 

 

___________________________________________________

"I'm never watching anything scary with you again." Seulgi says as they exit the cinema. She was leaning against the wall as Irene caught up with her.

"Why? Wasn't it fun to watch it?" Irene says obliviously.

"Fun for you. I was screaming and scared every second, while you watched laughing and smiling the entire movie. You looked like a serial killer or something, smiling like that in the dark." Seulgi points at the smaller girl. "People were looking at us when you giggled suddenly, I wanted to hold your hand during the movie but you were too busy watching with all your attention on the screen." Seulgi huffed. This was their first 'date' after getting together and it doesn't seem like the perfect one she's been imagining.

"Aish, you big baby. C'mon, let's go to the Han River." Irene reached and grabbed her girlfriend's hand and intertwined their fingers. "If you want to hold my hand, just do it. You don't need a scary movie to do so."

The couple was sitting on a bench facing the beautiful Han River. All kinds of people passed by them, people on bikes, people with their dogs, old people, young people, family, friends. And the two of them watched them go by. The sun was setting soon and they were there to watch it.

"About the Hibiscus syriacus, can we go to Daegu to plant it this Friday?" Irene was staring at the sky as she tries to take in the breathless sight. As the waters reflect the colors of the sky, she wished that they could stay in that moment forever.

"This Friday?" Seulgi repeats.

"Yeah, it's gonna die if you don't plant it soon."

"Oh that's right. Yeah I guess that's fine."

"You'll meet my parents." Irene added. Seulgi chocked out of shock. Meeting the parents already?! Seulgi was not prepared, not prepared at all. Irene patted her back in worry. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Do they know about....y-you being gay?" 

"Yeah they know. I did date Joy after all." Seulgi felt dumb asking that question since it should've been obvious. "How about you? Does your parents know about your ual preference?"

"My mom is good with it, she accepts me. She even knew I liked you even before I did." Irene looked at her surprised. "My dad, he doesn't know yet. I-I'm scared of his reaction especially since it's you. He doesn't like, you could tell from your first meeting with him." Seulgi looked at her apologetically.

"It's ok, he can hate me all he wants. As long as your here with me." Irene smiles to show her not to worry.

"And I'll always be with you." And Seulgi returns that smile.

_________________________________________________

Seulgi dropped Irene at her door before going back to her own floor. Irene closed her door before walking to her couch, she fished out her phone from her bag and decided to make a call.

*Ring *Ring

(Italics is Irene)

"Good evening, Irene. What an honor to have you call me."

"Good evening father." Irene's voice was all business and serious. Not the tone you'd hear when you listen to a daughter talk her dad. "I'd like to inform you that I'd be returning home on Friday and will be staying for the weekend."

"Are you finally doing what we asked you to?"

"Sorry, I'll be coming for different reason. I'm also bringing someone important, my girlfriend."

"Oh! So you got back together with Joy?"

"No. But I see that you can talk about her now? Is there a reason why I was not able to be informed about my ex- girlfriend when I woke up from my coma?" How would her father know about her meeting up with Joy and he's not afraid to say her name? What if I she didn't meet Joy would he still reply like this?

"We will not talk about that over the phone. Bring whatever girl you want here as long as you, your mother and I have a talk once you get here."

"She's not just a whatever girl, she's my girlfriend and I'd appreciate it if you could treat her nicely when we go there."

"Of course, what kind of father would I be if I didn't? Let me ask you something, does she make you happy?"

"She makes me hella happy." Irene replies instantly.

"She seems to have affected and ruined your use of vocabulary. Tsk. Let's see on Friday, until then, I hope you're happy as much as you say you are."

*Beep *Beep

Mr. Bae ended the call. And Irene released the breath she didn't even know she was holding. Is it good to bring Seulgi to her home? She's afraid that her parent will treat her badly, but she wants to plant the Hibiscus syriacus, it's the symbol of her relationship with Seulgi, it will grow just like them.

She'll protect Seulgi and make sure that nothing will go wrong on Friday. 

"Irene fighting!"

 

__________________________________________________

This is what I could give you after the long wait. I'm sorry if it's not what you expected. I wanted this chapter to be with fluffy but as you can see I'm not really good with it. I'm sorry for the long delay, I was busy with papers and exams, I still have more to go! Pray for me to do well and wish me luck. After all the school work I'll be able to update more (hopefully).

Sorry for the errors and mistakes.

Pls upvote, comment, subscribe if you want to!

 

Fun Facts about NobodyMe

- I'm still schooling but I'm almost done

- My bias in RV is Irene <3

- I got into Red Velvet at December of 2017, so I joined the fandom really late but I'm making up for it by being updated and supporting them

 

Leave facts about yourself in the comments below, I'd like to know more about the ones reading my story. :))

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!